Start by marking “Clear Blue Sky” as Want to Read:
Clear Blue Sky

Clear Blue Sky

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  25 reviews
In this gritty, true-to-life story a cop does his best to keep New York City safe amid end-of-summer street parties and festivals. It'll be a busy weekend, but Tuesday is coming and he hasn't seen anything yet.
Published August 1st 2007 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Clear Blue Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clear Blue Sky

Jill
Sep 24, 2011 Jill rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 9-11
This is the best fiction work to come out of the tragedy that is 9/11, bar none. In fact, it is the only work of 9/11 fiction I have actually been able to read beyond the first 50 pages. The others deal with either conspiracy theories, the supernatural, or are just plain poorly-written. Clear Blue Sky, however is written by a husband-wife couple, the husband of whom was actually a member of NYPD for many years. The first 80% of so actually follows the main character, Tony, through his life, pers ...more
Nora St Laurent
CLEAR BLUE SKY
F.P. Lione
Publisher Revell
352 pages
ISBN# 978-0-8007-1886-2

From the Back Cover
I drove up 33rd Street and made a left onto 5th. I drove two blocks south and parked outside the bagel store, smelling the bagels before we got in the door. Are the everythings hot? I asked the guy behind the counter. They just came out ten minutes ago. Great, I said. Give me an everything with butter and a regular coffee. Joe was getting an egg sandwich, so I went outside with my coffee. I pulled back the
C.J. Darlington
I've said before that reading an F.P. Lione novel is like watching an un-cut taping of COPS, only you follow the cops home. But in a way that's doing their writing a disservice. A Lione novel is about much more than the domestic disputes, car chases, and gun wielding criminals often found on the tv show. That isn't to say these types of situations don't make it into the pages. They do. But a Lione novel digs deeper than that. By following police officer Tony Cavalucci on and off duty, the Lione' ...more
Rick Schmidt
Jan 15, 2013 Rick Schmidt rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Another excellent novel by FP Lione. Another story for our hero, NYPD police officer Tony Cavalucci. It's about his continuing journey and recovery from being an alcoholic and budding Christian. This story continues about his new life with his fiance and her son and his fractured family and how they affect them all. Finally, it touches on 9/11 and how it affected him and his fellow NYPD officers and firefighters. It's really touching and a must read!
Laurel
When I bought this book I had it in the back of my mind that it was about 9/11. It isn't. It's about far more than that. For me, this novel was about relationships - relationships between man and God, and relationships between people.

Coming from a family where alcoholism is rife, and where no one relationship seems very stable, Tony Cavalucci has been introduced to a relationship with God through his NYPD partner, Joe Fiore. This introduces a rather vicious dilemma as he tries to be a Christian
Barbara
Before I write my reviews, I always like to see what the naysayers have to say about the book. What they had to say may be true, but I had a different perspective on the book. I started reading it before 9/11/11 as a personal tribute to the event. At first I was disappointed that the majority of the book was about Tony's life as an Italian cop in New York City. It did open my eyes to the struggles those men and women have both in their personal lives and on the job. The people of New York are a ...more
Deb
The struggles of a New York Cop create a fascinating story that deals with far more than crime and the rigors of a stressful job. Tony Calvucci (yes, he's Italian) also has an extremely dysfunctional family, and a new fiance that he wants to keep happy. Unfortunately the family and the fiance don't get along, Tony's new faith also has his family at odds with him, as his new morality doesn't agree with theirs. Fortunately Tony has a good friend on the force to help him through all this--and he's ...more
Kelly (TheWellReadRedhead)
Not a huge fan of this one. First of all, I think the description is deceiving. This book deals very little with 9/11...only the last 15-20% is actually pertaining to that event. And this is definitely Christian fiction, which I would have appreciated knowing beforehand, since I am not particularly religious and probably would not have read this if I knew it from the get go.

Beyond that, I felt the writing was not very good. The dialogue is choppy, as the main character vascillates between Italia
Erin
This book is pure NYC. Though I've never been to the city I could see it, smell it and live it in my mind through the work of this born and bred New York City author. The two main characters are Italian NYPD officers - one a seasoned Christian, the other a new believer from a family with mob ties who has fist fights at their family gatherings. This was quite an absorbing read, considering how little I know of the location and culture. Set in Sept. 2001, you know they are hurtling towards a horri ...more
Tania
I expected a 9-11 story but I got much more. This is a fascinating look, if fictionalized account, of the life of a New York City police officer that just happens to conclude with the 9-11 attacks and his experiences in the days that followed. It was also the story of a man growing in his faith and learning the meaning of becoming a good man both because of and in spite of those he loves.

I simply could not put it down - first because I was waiting for the big event but then soon it was because I
Gail
A free book I picked up for my kindle, this takes place in NYC in September 2001. Tony Cavalucci is a police officer facing struggles in his day to day life with family, a fiancee and new found faith. The story starts around Labor Day, about a week before 9/11. The book was at least 3/4 over before getting to the planes hitting World Trade Center....which ended up being ok for me because I'm not sure I wanted to relive much of the gritty details of that time so close to the 10 yr anniversary.
Judy
Despite that this was a Christian book, the story was terrific. Told in the first person, a NYC cop goes through his days, until 9/11 hits. The horror of that event, with first-person accounts by people who were there, entwined as part of the story and the characters. I liked the characters; I liked the fact that this was a free download; and I liked the way it was told!
Mary Beth
A well written "day-in-the-life" story of Tony, a new Christian, who is with NYPD. The story is funny at times and rings with sincerity. The story's final chapters deal with Tony and his partner being near the Twin Towers on that fateful day. A heavy subject handled very well.

Leo Polovets
A pointless, meandering book about the lives of several policemen and their families in the days up to and including September 11th. Some of the writing is quite good, but the plot is severely lacking.
James
Story line dragged on. You were expecting something to happen but nothing ever happened. Just when the book was picking up, it ends leaving you hanging and wondering what happened.
Lauri
Lit & Latte, September, 2012

This would make a great screenplay. I enjoyed it, especially since I recently visited NYC and the 9-11 Memorial last Spring.
Lori Petticrew
wonderful read. the Lione's bring family and love and a tragic time we can all relate too up front and make you think about yourself and what you do.
Deena
Mar 17, 2014 Deena rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of law and order
Shelves: favoritereads
Good, gritty cop fiction. Loved the characters, loved the drama...loved the inside view of a day in the life of a NYPD cop. Tribute to 9/11 was incredible.
Peggy
This is a very good read. It tracks a NYPD officer the days before 9/11 until the day after. Highly recommend this to everyone.
Carole Meeter
Was a little slow moving but the last few chapters where what 9/11 was like for a first responder moved me to tears
Jessica
Ok book. Anyone living in NY in the past decade will appreciate this book.
Angela
Was not a fan of this book. Loved the premise, Hated the delivery.
Kathleen Rota
It was a good read, even with the subject matter.
April
Another survivor tells there 9/11 story.
Debbie
Interesting 9/11 read.
Carm
Carm marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Alaina
Alaina marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
PookersMom
PookersMom marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
  • Reinventing Leona
  • Searching For Meredith Love
  • Delivery
  • All Through the Night
  • Steppin' Into the Good Life
  • Chosen (Line of Descent #1)
  • The Oak Leaves (The Oak Leaves #1)
  • Edge of Grace
  • Beyond the Quiet
  • Cloudburst (Art Jefferson, #1)
  • Hurricanes in Paradise
  • The Light Horseman's Daughter
  • From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)
  • Thunder in the Morning Calm (Pacific Rim #1)
  • Homefires
  • Griselda Takes Flight (Bright's Pond #3)
  • Eye of the God
  • Downtown Green (Green #5)
The Deuce (Midtown Blue #1) The Crossroads (Midtown Blue #2) Skells (Midtown Blue #3)