Start by marking “Liars All: A Brodie Farrell Mystery” as Want to Read:
Liars All: A Brodie Farrell Mystery

Liars All: A Brodie Farrell Mystery (Brodie Farrell #9)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  19 reviews

A young coupleis mugged andbrutally attacked, leavingone of the victims in the ground and the other in a wheelchair. Wracked with guilt, the mother of the man accused of their attacks enlists Brodie's friendDaniel tohelptrack down the jewelry her son stole from the victims. Although the chances for recovery of the jewels are slim, andDetectiveSuperintendent Jack Deacon thi
Published March 30th 2010 by Minotaur Books (first published July 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Liars All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liars All

Linda
This is a Brodie Farrell mystery. I've read them all of course but its been a while since I read the last one. I had a little trouble remembering every ones role in previous books which made it a little harder to get into this one. Evidently this book doesn't quite stand alone by itself. Eventually it got better and even made me laugh a few times. This book was totally driven by the characters morals and what they see as right and wrong. There was also an element that showed how different people ...more
Catherine Woodman
I did not love this Brodie Farrell story--she is difficult difficult lemon difficult and while the issue of her son having an incurable brain tumor is a stressor, she is unappealing in her handling of that. THe ending is better than the story leading up to it, but I would read something else unless you are a fan, in which case it is definitely readable.
Jan
I'm not a huge fan of "cozy" mysteries, but this installment of a popular series was pretty intense for a book I chose as a gentle read after a couple of recent thrillers! Bannister is clearly a talented writer, and she's not afraid to tackle some heavy subjects. But I find her blending of complexity and cozy predictability a bit jarring at times. Makes me wonder how much this book was a product of writing to meet the expectations of a market niche & how much she writes to please her own dri ...more
Ashland Mystery Oregon
Brodie Farrell is the nexus between her now husband, Detective Superintendent Jack Deacon, and her associate Daniel Hood. She is loved by both. Brodie frees Daniel with tough love so that he can find another. That's the heart throb on top of the tragedy, that Brodie and Jack's infant son will die of a brain tumor. A seemingly random murder and stolen jewels provide distraction.

Nice, tight story with all the required element - Bannister has another winner in the series.
Errol Hess
A friend who reads a lot of mysteries would call this kind of book a "cozy." It is part of a series where the writer has the chance to develop interesting characters, and where a really good writer can achieve greater depth and insight than one can in a single, stand alone novel. Bannister is an excellent writer. Her focus is more on character than on bazaarly plotted crimes. In this novel, well into the series, the writer has an atheist praying out of his deep love for the main character. Ethic ...more
Maegan
It was a pretty good ending to the series, and I still think that Daniel is my favorite character. Not only is he sweet and loyal, stubborn to a fault, and survived through so much but still be loving and hasn't let bitterness or hate take over his life. Hmm... the mystery kept me guessing, and I can never figure out the culprit and this one wasn't guessed either!

I'm not too sure I liked how much atheism beliefs were brought up, especially since all the major players in this series seemed to th
Grey853
Mysteryfan
I've seldom been so disappointed in a writer or a book. The main character, a "strikingly beautiful" woman with two men in thrall - one stereotypically brawny, the other brainy - has been done often and better. One "friendship" is more like Stockholm syndrome. Only in fiction would anyone get away with such nonsense. I've tried three of her books but I'm done.
Shannon Causey
I discovered this smallish series just browsing the library shelves and like the characters a lot. This last one seemed to lack a strong plot and seemed like the author just wanted to finish their story more. If she continues I hope to see more developed stories.
Allison
Interesting - more of a morality play than a mystery, in a lot of ways. Definitely a lot more attention to character than you often get - verging on too much at times, or maybe it's just that the main characters are all a smidge too noble to be completely credible.
Kendra /Books Complete Me
In this 9th book starring protagonist Brodie Farrell, Jo Bannister delves deeper into the emotions surrounding the characters. How far they will go to do what they think is right, no matter what the outcome and who they hurt.
Lynn Kearney
Compulsive motherhood is something I understand, but Brodie takes it to (for me) unbelievable lengths. And Daniel Hood is so good I wanted to smack him!
Karen
I love this series, the characters are so complex and there is always a surprise
Christina Middle
I could walk away from this book at anytime. It was kind of boring and predictable.
Ruth Vanderhart
Bannister is one of my favorite mystery writers--and this is one of her best.
Joelle Sharp
Good character development. Not a real thriller, but interesting plot.
Dianne
Brodie, David and Jack Deacon are all concerned for the well far of Jonathan.
Ann
love these characters, complex relationships, more than a mystery
Lori Scott
Lori Scott marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Ronald Wilcox
Ronald Wilcox marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Kme_17
Kme_17 added it
Feb 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jo Bannister lives in Northern Ireland, where she worked as a journalist and editor on local newspapers. Since giving up the day job, her books have been shortlisted for a number of awards. Most of her spare time is spent with her horse and dog, or clambering over archaeological sites. She is currently working on a new series of psychological crime/thrillers.
More about Jo Bannister...

Brodie Farrell (9 books)
  • Echoes of Lies (Brodie Farrell, #1)
  • True Witness (Brodie Farrell, #2)
  • Reflections
  • The Depths of Solitude
  • Breaking Faith
  • Requiem for a Dealer
  • Flawed (Brodie Farrell, #7)
  • Closer Still
Deadly Virtues Echoes of Lies (Brodie Farrell, #1) Death in High Places True Witness (Brodie Farrell, #2) Flawed (Brodie Farrell, #7)