Start by marking “Fear Itself: Black Panther: The Man Without Fear” as Want to Read:
Fear Itself: Black Panther: The Man Without Fear

Fear Itself: Black Panther: The Man Without Fear (Black Panther, Volume VI: The Man Without Fear #2)

Why is Spider-Man's deadly foe Kraven the Hunter stalking T'Challa across the city ... and how long until the prey targets the pursuer? And will the world's greatest predators have anywhere to hide when T'Challa's wife Ororo arrives and rips the skies open? Plus: as the mayhem of the Worthy engulfs Manhattan, the American Panther makes his debut! What does his arrival mean ...more
Hardcover, Premiere, 128 pages
Published March 14th 2012 by Marvel (first published February 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fear Itself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fear Itself

Aaron
Mar 07, 2012 Aaron rated it did not like it
Another atrocious entry in the Black Panther saga from David Liss, one of the worst comic book writers I've ever come across. As I said in my review of the previous volume, it feels like reading something written by a child or an adult who had a concussion and is just now regaining the ability to form words on the page. Every sentence uttered by every character is a complete waste of time, and the plots of these storylines could not be more on the nose if they were a nostril.

For instance, the ma
Sean
Dec 30, 2016 Sean rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Black Panther completists
The first volume of Black Panther's foray into Hell's Kitchen was an interesting but even intro. Here, in the second offering, writer David Liss confuses the heck out of me. The story is insane, but not in a good way. One moment T'Challa is yelling at Storm for saving his life and the next he's soliciting help from a powerless waitress. Head scratcher. The Fear Itself segment has good roots but again adds up to insanity. The American Panther is introduced in a way that makes little sense. The ar ...more
Krista Ivy
All I have to say. The Hate-Monger deserves to have a time traveler go back to when his mom was pregnant and force her away from the drugs and drinking she must have been doing.
Kathleen
While Daredevil is off fighting with the Avengers, someone has to protect Hell's Kitchen. That someone is T'Challa. Facing off against Kraven, a remixed Hate Monger, and other assorted villains, Black Panther fights the good fight with help from his wife and a few of his neighbors. It's a fairly fun superhero book.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the classic superhero mode with fast paced action, street fights, long falls, and last minute rescues.
J'aime
Apr 29, 2014 J'aime rated it it was ok
I've slowly become a big fan of Black Panther as I encounter him through the various crossover event tie-ins. His Civil War and Secret Invasion tie-ins were so good they convinced me to order the few solo collections that are still available. So, I expected this tie-in to be excellent, regardless of how well it worked within Fear Itself. Unfortunately, I was disappointed.

I'm a fan of T'Challa as Black Panther, not as a solo vigilante relocated to Hell's Kitchen to take over for Daredevil - which
Shane
Oct 23, 2016 Shane rated it it was ok
Unfortunately this was my "introduction" to Black Panther. I've definitely read other comics with him included but this was the first "Black Panther" comic I've read. Loved some of the covers but the interior art by Francavilla is just totally not my style. Not claiming I can draw, at all, because even my stick figures look a little off, but this kind of art looks to me like someone said, we need a quick story board and then someone decided it was good enough and then just colored it.

Other than
Daniel
Sep 08, 2013 Daniel rated it it was amazing
This is a complex book, and it's a simple book. It is loosely connected with the Fear Itself story. And I mean very loosely, almost to the point that it seems more like a marketing ploy to sell the book. That aside, this is a book about racism/nationalism. By that I mean it deals with bigotry and hate, there is a very real element of the whole immigration issue, being discussed. But unfortunately, it is not explored in any depth, it would be nice since this is aimed at teens and... well that's a ...more
Bryson McCheeseburger
As my first introduction to Black Panther, it wasn't bad, but not the best either. The story at first is just stale, then it gets pretty good with the Fear Monger, but then the random Spider Island story at the end that doesn't go far or do much was confusing. Maybe I need more Black Panther, or maybe more info on the Fear Itself series as well. Anyway, Black Panther seems cool, but maybe this was the worng book to pick up for a first glimpse at the character.
Jen
Jul 07, 2016 Jen rated it it was ok
Not bad. I don't read a lot of Black Panther main titles, so I can't say whether this was good/bad in comparison. The Fear Itself event didn't really have a lot going on specifically in this title, though.
Chompa
Dec 30, 2015 Chompa rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-books, 2015
Kind of interesting despite it being a crossover event. Sadly the writing continued to be subpar. I'm still not liking this take on T'Challa
Alana
Aug 01, 2015 Alana rated it it was ok
The first few pages are the worst info dumping I've ever seen, but then Liss gets his act together enough for a passable book. Better than the first, at least.
Xhale
Dec 21, 2015 Xhale rated it it was ok
Finally, a showdown between Kraven and BP that's worthy of the tale of the tape. Unfortunately some of the tales afterwards were nothing but filler that I didn't care for.
Martin Lund
Martin Lund rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2014
Cody Pape
Cody Pape rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
May 11, 2013
Brandon Ingram
Brandon Ingram rated it liked it
May 11, 2015
Stephen
Stephen rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2013
Kris
Kris rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Ronik
Ronik rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Elton Curtis
Elton Curtis rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Danny
Danny rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Fred
Fred rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Lars
Lars rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2014
Chayce
Chayce rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
lance l. shadle
lance l. shadle rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Shane Charles
Shane Charles rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2017
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Jeff
Jeff rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2016
Arron Hustead
Arron Hustead rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I am a novelist living in San Antonio, Texas, though, for the record, I am not from Texas. I just live here. I have four novels published: A Conspiracy of Paper (which won the Edgar Award for Best First Novel) and A Spectacle of Corruption were both national bestsellers. They are set in 18th century London and feature Benjamin Weaver, a Jewish former pugilist, thief-taker for hire. Weaver will be ...more
More about David Liss...

Black Panther, Volume VI: The Man Without Fear (3 books)
  • Black Panther: The Man Without Fear, Volume 1: Urban Jungle