Start by marking “Softly Spoken Lies (The Moonlight Breed 4)” as Want to Read:
Softly Spoken Lies (The Moonlight Breed 4)

Softly Spoken Lies (The Moonlight Breed #4)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  587 ratings  ·  25 reviews
[Menage Amour ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Menage a Trois Romance, M/M/M, werewolves, sex toys, light bondage, spanking] Hunter for The Council and newly appointed Alpha of a pack he knows nothing about, Blaise Taylor has enough on his plate without adding two mates to the mix. Two mates that happen to be male-and Blaise isn't gay. Cole Cunningham didn't exactly ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Siren Publishing (first published June 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Softly Spoken Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Softly Spoken Lies

Enny
The book reminded me of Swiss Emmental: very cheesy and full of plot-holes but it's a fun read if you like shifter stories.
Serena Yates
This one was as much fun to read as the other volumes, maybe more. I liked the addition of the bigger picture, of finding out some of what had happened to the characters from the first three books, and, what can I say, I just love these shifter threesomes.

The challenge of a mate, Blaise, who thinks he isn't gay, takes a while to see that it's about the person not their equipment and proceeds to fall in love with both Cole and Willow was a good storyline. Add to that the fact that he constantly b
Noughty
Read over half and don't know if I'll finish. It is just so boring. The plot is bad, boring, banal. I cannot enjoy it even as an easy read.

At least something in a book has to be imaginative - the plot, characters. Neither is in this book. Characters like that can be found in like half books about shifters, the same for plot (just adding a few tweaks to not be a complete copy paste)

I knew this books was an easy read and I wanted that at the moment, but I was really disappointed in this book. The
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I suffered through 57% of the book, made it to chapter 12

it is just bad and boring and annoyingly stupid.

First I don't get what Blaise whole reason is for being such an ass... he keeps saying its cause he is not gay. Which would be a reason except he gets hard and wants both of his mates and wants sex with them and to kiss and blah blah but then he thinks i'm not gay so he is an ass to them. Since the desire is there i have to think he is gay and don't see why being gay is such a bad thing to h
Janelle
I loved this book most out of all the others in the series. I wanted to kick Blaise in the head a few times, but hey he was in a stressful situation. Cole was a little more level headed although he had his moments too. Willow I just loved from the start. Overall, I was happy with this book and look forward to more.
ReviewerLarissa
These men act a little too girly for my taste. Is fun to read, but don't expect too much. It has several plotholes and a continuity problem
adrienne
typical gabrielle evans serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical gabrielle evans? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as the
Ter
3.5 - it lost points for me due to the birthday party scene (out of character and one minute they don't want anyone to see Willow's butt, but then they do what they did,(make up your mind)).
And when they saw the vampires the next time, and their over reaction.
Tina
Blaise Taylor, newly appointed alpha and hunter for the council, has a lot on his plate. He’s not gay but now he’s been given two male mates. Cole Cunningham didn’t think he was gay either, until he met Willow, one of his two mates. He won’t throw away a mate just because he comes in an unexpected package; mates are far too rare for that.

Willow was imprisoned for years, now he just wants to be happy and free. He loves his mates, both of them, and wants them both to love him too. Willow has sedu
Kelly
Two men for a straight man...

Blaise has never had a problem with gay men, he just isn't one of them. But that all changes when he is part of a rescue mission to help his friends. When he see's what has been happening to the different preter's that had been taken by the Alpha of a pack for bio-testing he is enraged, even more so when he sense his mate is one of them. When he realises that his mate is male and not only that but that he has two mates and both are male he doesn't know what to do.

Col
Ana
Heather♥
I really enjoyed Blaise, Cole and Willow together. Unlike most shifter matings, this wasn't insta-love and they had to really work at their relationship before they got to that point because Blaise wasn't gay (Cole wasn't either but he didn't fight it as much). They had such different personalities too. Willow was a great character, so cuddly and sassy at the same time. He knew just how to handle his big alpha mate Blaise. Although unlikely because of how long they were together, I thought it wa ...more
Debra
The series is at least getting a little more interesting.
Rachel
I enjoyed this book in the series...possibly not as much as the third book, but I am really enjoying this series. I thought that at times the writing of the characters was a bit uneven in progressing their relationship. I really liked Willow, he was probably my favorite in their relationship and how he wanted to make it work. I'm glad Blaise came to his senses and accepted having men as mates! And I look forward to the next book in this series, I hope there will be more!
Crissy Morris
As with this entire series, I find myself ending this story with a smile on my face. I love the lighthearted, sweet stories that make up this series. I absolutely adore Willow and his sweet and spicy demeanor, Cole and his hot-headed nature, and Blaise and his confused inexperience. These three create a relationship of many complexities. I love the story and the story arc that leads into the next book. This is a wonderful book and a great series.
Christy Loves 2 Read
I fell mad head over heels for Willow! He provided the cute, the sweet, the funny and the just plain loving piece to this story. Not that Blaise and Cole weren't wonderful, also. They were. Just in a different way than Willow.
These three guys together were smexy and fun!
Davina
best thing you can do when you're need to control thing is to just go with the flow. especially when its something like fate and it can't be change. talk about hurt feeling and neglecting maties
Reedtaylor
I hated the party part it's like all over the palce with the running and spanking and the vampires with the repeat or I don't want them to see my mate naked blah blah ...
Carolyn88
another great series. I love shifter books. Very good author. Gets the reader involved with the story.
Marsha Spence
Really liked this installment. Maybe even my favorite. Liked the MC's and the story was interesting.
  • Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? (Wolf Creek Pack, #6)
  • Knox (Zeus's Pack, #3)
  • A Caleb Footlong (The O'Hagan Way, #2)
  • The Vampire's Special Lover (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #16)
  • The One True Sacrifice (Of Dragons and Wolves #1)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...

The Moonlight Breed (10 books)
  • Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed, #1)
  • By the Light of the Moon (Moonlight Breed, #2)
  • Whispers in the Night (Moonlight Breed, #3)
  • Endless Midnight (Moonlight Breed #5)
  • Let the Rain Come Down (Moonlight Breed #6)
  • From This Moment (Moonlight Breed #7)
  • Leap in the Dark (Moonlight Breed, #8)
  • Jaded (Moonlight Breed, #9)
  • Primal Instincts (Moonlight Breed, #10)
Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed, #1) Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings, #3) Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings, #5) Howl And Harmony (Midnight Matings, #11) Fantasy, Legend, And The Guardian (Midnight Matings, #7)

“How about I show you what the inside of your ass looks like?” 9 likes