Start by marking “The Third Crop: a personal and historical journey into the photo albums and shoeboxes of the Slocan Valley, 1800s to early 1940s” as Want to Read:

The history of the Slocan Valley is synonymous with the people who have travelled through it, enjoyed its abundant resources and built their homes and communities there. Acclaimed Canadian author Rita Moir, who has made her home in the valley since 1975, is one of those people.

In her new book The Third Crop, Moir embarks on a personal journey through old photographs and me
Published 2011 by Sono Nis Press

To ask other readers questions about The Third Crop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Third Crop

Kerri
Aug 24, 2012 Kerri rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I love photo books, especially historical ones about the way people lived in my region. The Slocan Valley has a history that is rich in culture and agriculture. I learned more through Moir's book than I did during the 9 years I lived in the area. I enjoyed Moir's personal reflections on her life and relations with the Slocan residents. Thank you Rita.
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Kristene Perron
Kristene Perron rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2012
Marmot
Dec 14, 2015 Marmot rated it really liked it
I liked how the photos and text were interspersed. Need to spend more time going though this book!
emanuel smedbøl
Aug 24, 2011 emanuel smedbøl rated it liked it
i just wish it was longer and with 4x as many photographs.
Mackenzie
Mackenzie rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Caroline Woodward
Caroline Woodward rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2011