Start by marking “I Promise I'll Find You” as Want to Read:
I Promise I'll Find You

I Promise I'll Find You

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Being lost is a major fear central to childhood, but fears are soothed in this collection of 11 deceptively simple verses. The imagery is vivid--a mother or father rows a rowboat, rides a horse, drives a race car, or shoots through space in a rocket-ship until the child is found, brought back home, and enveloped in love and safety. 12 full-color illustrations.
Published July 2nd 2005 by Firefly Books

To ask other readers questions about I Promise I'll Find You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Promise I'll Find You

Carly
This book follows a mother telling her child all of the different ways she would search for them if they were ever apart. She searches by boat, airplane, train, horse, car, rocketship, and so many more ways. But, the moral is that no matter how the mother has to search, she will find a way for them to be together again.

I felt this story was a really sweet way for the author to convey how much a mother cares about her child, and how important it is to her that they are together. However, after r
Stephanie Delvecchio
Summary:Remember what it felt like to be lost, as a child? The brief moment of helpless terror, experienced at the grocery store, or felt when you wandered away from home, or even momentarily let go of a parent's hand in a crowd, is a universal experience of childhood. Though it may seem a minor inconvenience once we're safely grown into adulthood, the possibility of being lost, away from family and friends, never to return again is frighteningly real to children. In just eleven simple verses, H ...more
Jacque
I LOVED this book and read it about a million times when i was little and it would make me cry sometimes. It is i think the BEST children's book i have ever read. I remember my mother and grandmother reading it to me. The story is sweet, the rhyming is cute, the message is one sure to touch you heart.
Jackie :)
My boys' other favorite book....read every night at bedtime! Still can't part with it....it'll be given to them to read to their kids! :)
Julia Jasztal
(Mommy's review from 7/28/10)

This is probably my all-time favorite childrens book. I love rhyming books and I love them with a theme like this one. Ward did a fantastic job and one day I hope Julia will be reading this to her babies - it's that cute.
If I had a little rowboat,
I'd row across the sea,
I'd row, row, row,
And I'd bring you back to me.

This means something special to us because I've always told Julia that nothing will ever take her away from me. That no matter where she ever is I will
Kelly Triplett
This book is Awesome; bright colors with interesting illustrations. It is an excellent choice for a nice read but also can be used to solidify a discussion about families or to soothe the a child's worries as this story explains the lengths to which adults will go find find or help children.
Kim
JT enjoyed the rhyming scheme and also the assuring promise that no matter what a mother will find their child. This was another great bedtime story.
Julie Suzanne
Chokes me up every time, but a great read-aloud to parents who are paranoid that their kid will get lost or kidnapped someday.
Tigger
i love this book when i was little my mom used to read it to me till i fell asleep!
Lori
Beautiful story and illustrations!
Kevin Fuller
Kevin Fuller marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Ananya
Ananya marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Laila
Laila added it
Aug 06, 2015
Eddieliene Sannicolas
Eddieliene Sannicolas marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Kate Rae
Kate Rae marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Ap30982n
Ap30982n marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Sarah Bibbey
Sarah Bibbey is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2015
Lynn Ayers
Lynn Ayers marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015