Stealing Phoenix

Stealing Phoenix (Savants #2)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  4,204 ratings  ·  429 reviews
Phoenix belongs to the Community, a gang of thieves with paranormal powers. Yves Benedict, an American student visiting London, is her mark. But Yves turns out to be more than just a target. He is her destiny. Her soulmate. The Community owns Phoenix's past and it wants her future too. Can Phoenix save the boy she loves . . . and herself?
Published by Oxford University Press (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Phoenix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Phoenix

Katy
I really liked this book from cover to cover. It was full of action from the first couple of pages to the end.

I think Yves is perfect for me. I tend to go for the more shy, brainy guys, and it sure didn't hurt that this one was devastatingly handsome and such a gentleman. He's romantic but not to the point where he's too sappy, and he's protective but not to the point where he's possessive.

I love Phoenix because she's your perfect damsel in distress. She's had a hard life, but she's a survivor....more
◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj
I'm such a sucker for this series. I read the whole book in just under 12 hours. All 264 pages in 12 hours - with breaks in between! This may not seem like such a surprise to other, faster readers but to me it was pretty shocking. I usually pace myself and read around 100 to 150 pages a day, but this book? I could not stop reading until I was done. Which was by 3 am in the morning.

I don't remember the first book, Finding Sky, all too well but I do remember loving it. But when I got this book, I...more
Mateja
I cannot express how much I love this series. It's been torture waiting for the release of Stealing Phoenix. I did the craziest happy dance when I saw it in my mailbox.

This book was incredibly well written. The storyline was thrilling, exciting and I got absorbed into in from page one. The pages were constantly giving of waves of danger. I was so anxious the entire time, waiting for the axe to drop. Yves sure knows how to get in trouble, with Phoenix’s help of course.

Yves and Phoenix are so ado...more
Lesley
Posted on http://mykeepershelf.blogspot.com/201...
My rating 4.5 out of 5

Stealing Phoenix is the second book in the Finding Sky series by Joss Stirling, it's definitely one of the best YA series out there (in my humble opinion), it's fast paced, full of swoon worthy Benedict brothers and has the best creepy villains EVER. The Benedicts are a pretty special family, the parents and the seven brothers who's names start alphabetically with Trace and ends with Zed are savants and all have special pow...more
Nikoleta
3,5 αστεράκια. Το βρήκα καλό, ειναι τελειως εφηβικό οποτε δεν είχα πολλες απαιτήσεις, για αυτό που είναι είναι αρκετά καλό, όμως βαρέθηκα την φλυαρία και τις χαζολογίες ανάμεσα στα αδέρφια Μπένεντικτ...
Meli
RESEÑA COMPLETA EN LEE.SUEÑA.VUELA

¿Quién iba a decir que el más bueno y tierno de los Benedict iba a tener una historia tan poco edulcorada? (Mil veces menos edulcorada que la de Zed, su hermanito el chico malo).
Me encantó eso.
De la misma forma que me encantó conocer mejor a Yves y conocer a Phoenix, tengo algunos peros hacia ella, pero es un personaje roto y ese es el tipo que más me gusta.
En fin, reitero eso de que quisiera ser adoptada por los Benedict, pero ya.

Lo único que no me gustó ni de...more
Charliee' (Ohana means family)
Why isnt there a 10 star button!
THIS IS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE PROBABLY READ ALL YEAR!!!
If you thought Finding Sky was good!
Well, this was AMAZING!
I love Phoenix, nickname Phee, 's character!
The life she has to endure, the lies, she doesnt know whats the truth. Since her mother died when she was only 9, Phee learned to trust noone, incase she or someone else gets hurt. Her Mother taught her about Soulmate, but when she died, she thought it was another lie her Mother told her, but only because The...more
Sel
This is a Bookcase to Heaven™ review.

Sometimes you immerse yourself in a drama, so much that it's all you can think about when you eat and when you sleep. And all that time spent outside the tale has you aching to get back into the exhilarating experience of hanging onto every word from the endearing cast. Then, as you zoom through the episodes, eagerly waiting to see how it ends, you realize with a start that time flies and there's only one more episode left.

If you're nodding so far, I can on...more
Maria
O MY GOD!!! dis is 1 of my fav books eva!!! 2 me it was just as exciting as da first 1!! u no, full of savant stuff and adventure :)
couldnt put it down!! (except wen i had 2 go 2 skul!! :( ugghh!)
oh well.. im finished it now nd i cnt believeit!! i read it 2 fast! :L
i was soo excited fer it and loved every sec of it!! i promised myself i wasnt gona write any spoilers so im just gona say dat my fav part was in da second last chapter!! ull c wat hapens wen u read it :) nd i promis u ur gona love...more
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Phoenix belongs to a gang of Savant thieves called The Community where you cannot leave, however, when she steals from Yves she discovers that they are each other’s Soulfinder, but can she learn to trust someone or will Yves have to betray his entire family to be with Phoenix. Stealing Phoenix is just as good as Finding Sky with a girl with a hard upbringing and a guy who will do anything for her. If I have one comp...more
Sil
Ay no, en serio: AMÉ ESTE LIBRO!!
Esta segunda entrega de la historia de los hermanos Benedict me disipó todas las dudas del mundo de los savants que me habían quedado con Sky, el primer libro. Creo que esto se debe a Phoenix, una protagonista mucho más segura y plantada en este mundo de gente con poderes extrasensoriales. Me gustó su interés extremo por el bienestar de las personas que amaba y me dio pena por cómo se veía a ella misma, aunque no se la puede culpar al crecer en un entorno temerar...more
Arlya
Als je het boek opendoet, val je direct in het verhaal. Geen uitgebreide uitleg of terugblik op het vorige verhaal, gewoon een nieuw verhaal over de Savants met een nieuwe kijk door de ogen van een arm straatmeisje, Phoenix, die onder druk wordt gezet om te stelen.
Als het verhaal begint, zijn we gelijk op het juiste moment aangekomen. Phoenix heeft opdracht gekregen om een jonge jongen te bestelen. Als Savant heeft zij de unieke gave om mensen te 'bevriezen' alsof de tijd stilstaat. De jongen i...more
Christina Rodriguez
“I'm not a little woman you need to defend.'
His face hardened. 'That's exactly what you are: you're my little woman and I'm not having you sacrifice yourself for me.”

Loved Loved Loved it!

So I finished this book last night and when the last sentence was read I was so sad. I thought that Finding Sky was a good read but Stealing Phoenix was a great read!

In stealing Phoenix we meet Phee, a thief for a community of bad Savants. When her target is none other then the 6th Benedict son things turn cr...more
Charlotte
After reading Finding Sky, I had high hopes for Stealing Phoenix. Let me say that it did not disappoint. I enjoyed the first book in this series, but this one was better. Joss Stirling does a great job of creating the interesting world of the savants. I love the closeness of the Benedict family. They are always there when they need each other and it is unconditional.

In this book, Phoenix lives in a world of misery and fear. She is a thief living within the Community. The members are ruled by th...more
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
This review was originally published on Fluttering Butterflies

It wasn't so long ago that I read the first book in this series, Finding Sky. I really adored Finding Sky so when I got an email asking if I'd like to read Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling, I didn't hesitate! I'm usually a little wary of books in the same series in which each book has a different narrator, but there's something about these books which makes me excited and I'm able to ignore most of my usual worries.

These books by Jos...more
Book Angel Emma
Great second book - again I couldn't put it down

Please bear in mind this is book 2 of the series and may therefore contain spoilers for the first book.

I can't say that this is a direct sequel to Finding Sky because it isn't more like a companion novel with the focus on a different brother. I know that this has probably been said and I just hate to compare books but it really is along the lines of The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey in respect that it follows the different stories of 7 brot...more
Kaylah
Stealing Phoenix; a phenomenon waiting to happen. In the second enstallment of the epic series, involving the handsome and psychic-ly talented Benedict family, Joss Stirling never ceases to amaze and impress her ever-growing audience. A hypnotic and gripping love story, concerning a genius a thief, Stealing Phoenix doesn't stop surprising us. While keeping the reader on the edge of their seat, Stirling unleashes the lovable characters Yves and Phoenix onto her ever-listening and always supportin...more
Lissa Smith
Aug 06, 2014 Lissa Smith rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lissa by: B4R Book Club
Shelves: 2012, 5stars
Following in the footsteps of its predecessor “Finding Sky” the cover to “Stealing Phoenix” is also elegant. I absolutely love it! We get an imaginative look at a phoenix. The trick is having read the first installment of this wonderful series do I know I will not be reading about a mythological bird..

Stirling must be her own genie in a bottle stealing her title straight from the pages of creative writing. Not only is Phee stealing to survive, but Yves is stealing for love. Joss Stirling managed...more
Rebecca
I loved the previous book to this one, Finding Sky, so I was pleased to find out that there were a following two books in the series. This book is not a follow on to Sky and Zed's story, but a brand new story about Yves, Zed's older brother, and his newly found soulfinder, Phoenix, although Sky and Zed feature in this story plenty. That is one of the things I loved about this book- we still see a lot of the other Benedict brothers, they each play an important role in the book. I liked this aspec...more
Sandra
Nov 21, 2013 Sandra rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy supernatural romance, but don't take the relationships too serious
Let me start this review by saying that I liked this book. No, it is not a literary masterpiece, but it doesn't pretend to be one either. What it is: a nice, fluffy, well-paced, just-exciting-enough YA novel, that you read through in a heartbeat. It combines romance, friendship and some action and suspense in a nice way (although I do have to add here that some of the scenes showing the family-affection felt slightly artificial to me), and although it never keeps you on the edge of your seat or...more
Berna
I love this book! Loved it even more than Finding Sky !

I love Yves! He's FANTASTIC. So incredibly smart and sweet and humble. He's so cute! But passionate too! Funny that the shy guy is more passional that his cocky little brother. Love the passion and that she described the sensations she felt about being with her soulfinder. That was what bother me in the previous book, the lack of it.

Phee is such and interesting character. Normally the main characters are goody goody, but she was a thief! An...more
TheBookAddictedGirl
Phoenix is a thief, part of a secretive criminal group of Savants, known as the Community. Life for her is difficult, and failing a job could end in death – your own. So when a college boy seems to fight back against her powers during a run-of-the-mill theft, Phee knows how it can all end. Not well. Phoenix never expected the truth. But what will she do when the leader of the Community tries to use her against her soulfinder? And the whole of Savant Net?
Now, I read Finding Sky just a little whil...more
Joanna
After reading `Finding Sky' which for me is a 4/5 star book I was really looking forward to reading this and was not disappointed. The story picks up a couple of months after and follows 2nd youngest brother Yves. This time in London.

Yves was a great choice for the 2nd book. I actually think I like him more than Zed! I loved Phee's imperfections and the way the story unfolded. One thing I would say is that the description of "soulfinders" blatantly mirrors Stephanie Mayers description of imprin...more
Megan
stealing phoenix is a must read. You may have a sense for vampires that sparkle or werewolf with silver bullets but i bet either one has the same compact or feeling stealing phoenix has.

this book has everything for everyone as its so easy to relate to the character in ways that no one knows how.this starts with a girl named phoenix who when her mother dies feels scared and alone ,forced to steal and hope to survive until she meet always golden boy Yves Benedict, with the world crashing down can...more
Shannan
I loved this book! I have read the first book in the series, Finding Sky, and Sky seems different in this book.

At first I doubted Phoenix but towards the end, it was like she was a completely different person from the beginning.

I loved how Phoenix and Yves bonded, but sometimes I got a bit frustrated how Phoenix didn't trust Yves.

I found Yves really sweet all the way throughout the book and when he asked Phoenix to marry him...well, aww!

Overall, this book is by far one of my favourites and I wis...more
Jasmin
Vorneweg möchte ich noch kurz das Prinzip der Trilogie erklären: Die drei Bände hängen zusammen, allerdings gibt es in jedem Band eine neue Protagonistin. Im ersten Buch findet Zed seinen Seelenspiegel Sky, danach endeckt Yves die Diebin Phoenix und im finalen Band trifft mein Lieblingscharakter Xavier auf Crystal. Für mich ist das sehr spannend, besonders da ich jetzt Sky einmal durch die Augen von Phoenix sehe. Eine ganz andere Perspektive die sehr interessant ist. Die Idee mit dem Protagonist...more
Dentro de un  Libro
Me gusto mucho más que el anterior, conocemos bastante más sobre los savants, y la conexión entre las almas gemelas. El final fue lo que menos me gusto, hubo cosas demasiado precipitadas y cursis par mi gusto, pero la frase final me encanto.
Reseña completa: http://www.dentrodeunlibro.com.ar/201...
Alienortothemoon
Edit : DNF - 82 % - I'm done. Je ne le finirai pas, et franchement, je suis presque tentée d'enlever une étoile.

J'avais promis que je continuerai, et j'ai essayé, vraiment. Certains nouveaux passages m'ont fait rire, sans surprise, lorsque la famille Benedict est réunie.

Mais : je ne peux plus supporter les deux personnages principaux. J'ai réussi à mettre le doigt sur ce qui me dérangeait : il s'agit, en fait, de la différence entre ce qu'ils disent être et ce qu'ils nous montrent.

Exemple #1...more
Jacquy
Inhalt:
Phoenix hat die Fähigkeit, für wenige Menschen für einen Moment die Zeit einzufrieren. Das macht sie zu einer perfekten Diebin für den Seer, der viele Savants mit praktischen Fähigkeiten einsetzt, um sich selbst zu bereichern. Phees aktuelles Ziel ist ein junger Mann, den sie bestehlen soll. Er bemerkt sie aber nicht nur und verhindert so den Diebstahl, sondern es stellt sich auch noch heraus, dass zwischen ihnen eine Verbindung besteht.

Meinung:
Phoenix lebt schon immer in einer Gemeinscha...more
Cassie M. herstairs
The new Savant series 10 27 May 01, 2014 10:15AM
  • Severed (Fated, #2)
  • Blood Ransom (Blood Ties, #2)
  • Mean Spirits & Young Blood (Mediator, #3-4)
  • Ferryman
  • Dark Canopy (Dark Canopy, #1)
  • Dark Heart Rising (Dark Heart, #2)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Path of Revenge (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #16)
  • Darkness Falls (Ravenwood Mysteries, #2)
  • Wolf Blood
  • Kill All Enemies
  • Die goldene Brücke (Zeitenzauber, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Central (Daughters Of Saraqael, #2)
  • How to Keep a Boy as a Pet (Circe Shaw, #1)
  • Silber: Das erste Buch der Träume (Silber, #1)
  • Dusk (Dusk, #1)
  • Tyme's End
Julia Golding is a British novelist.

She was born in March 1969 in London and grew up on the edge of Epping Forest. She read English at the University of Cambridge.

Golding lives in Oxford and works as a freelance writer. She is married with three children.

In 2007 she was selected by Waterstone's as one of the 25 Authors of the Future.

Golding also publishes under two pen names: Joss Stirling and Eve...more
More about Joss Stirling...
Finding Sky (Benedicts, #1) Seeking Crystal (Benedicts, #3) Challenging Zed (Benedicts, #1.5) Storm and Stone (Struck, #1) Finding Sky Trilogy (Box Set)

“Soulfinders can't be bad for each other - they are each other. We aren't complete apart.” 82 likes
“I'm not a little woman you need to defend.'
58 likes