Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Stealing Phoenix” as Want to Read:
Stealing Phoenix
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Stealing Phoenix (Benedicts #2)

by
4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  7,554 Ratings  ·  639 Reviews
Phoenix belongs to the Community, a gang of thieves with paranormal powers. Yves Benedict, an American student visiting London, is her mark. But Yves turns out to be more than just a target. He is her destiny. Her soulmate. The Community owns Phoenix's past and it wants her future too. Can Phoenix save the boy she loves . . . and herself?
Kindle Edition, 264 pages
Published by Oxford University Press (first published September 1st 2011)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Phoenix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Phoenix

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Katy
Sep 25, 2011 Katy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book from cover to cover. It was full of action from the first couple of pages to the end.

I think Yves is perfect for me. I tend to go for the more shy, brainy guys, and it sure didn't hurt that this one was devastatingly handsome and such a gentleman. He's romantic but not to the point where he's too sappy, and he's protective but not to the point where he's possessive.

I love Phoenix because she's your perfect damsel in distress. She's had a hard life, but she's a survivor.
...more
◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj
I'm such a sucker for this series. I read the whole book in just under 12 hours. All 264 pages in 12 hours - with breaks in between! This may not seem like such a surprise to other, faster readers but to me it was pretty shocking. I usually pace myself and read around 100 to 150 pages a day, but this book? I could not stop reading until I was done. Which was by 3 am in the morning.

I don't remember the first book, Finding Sky, all too well but I do remember loving it. But when I got this book, I
...more
Jessy MelodyofBooks
Unter diesem Link findet ihr meine Rezension: https://youtu.be/bKeLeNrUUrg
Λίνα Θωμάρεη
Ωχ.. Πως έγινε τώρα αυτό!?!?!?!


Το Κλέβοντας την Φοίνιξ μπορώ να πω ότι ήταν πολύ καλύτερο....
Οι κεντρικοί χαρακτήρες ήταν πιο καλά δουλεμένοι, υπήρχε ένα πλάνο, μια οργάνωση στο μυαλό της Joss και αυτό φαινόντουσαν και στις σελίδες.
Δεν ξέρω πως έγινε αυτό .... αλλά μπράβο της... με έκανε να θέλω να διαβάσω και το 3ο βιβλίο της σειράς !!!!
3 με 3,5 Λονδρέζικα Αστέρια !!!!
Sandra
Mar 07, 2013 Sandra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy supernatural romance, but don't take the relationships too serious
Let me start this review by saying that I liked this book. No, it is not a literary masterpiece, but it doesn't pretend to be one either. What it is: a nice, fluffy, well-paced, just-exciting-enough YA novel, that you read through in a heartbeat. It combines romance, friendship and some action and suspense in a nice way (although I do have to add here that some of the scenes showing the family-affection felt slightly artificial to me), and although it never keeps you on the edge of your seat or ...more
mary
Jul 02, 2012 mary rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Όταν διάβασα το ψάχνοντας την Σκάι είχα υποσχεθεί στον εαυτό μου ότι δεν πρόκειται να συνεχίσω με τη συγκεκριμένη σειρά και να διαβάσω τα επόμενα.Τελικά ποτέ μην λες ποτέ, καθώς να που βρέθηκα με το επόμενο!
Η Φοίνιξ είναι ένα νεαρό κορίτσι, μέλος μιας συμμορίας κλεφτών οι οποίοι διαθέτουν υπερφυσικές ικανότητες με αρχηγό τον σκληρό και αδίστακτο Προφήτη.Η ζωή της Φοίνιξ θα ανατραπεί όταν προσπαθώντας να ληστέψει τον Ιβ Μπένετικτ θα ανακαλύψει ότι το μέλλον της είναι πολύ πιο διαφορετικό από αυτό
...more
Nikoleta
Sep 15, 2014 Nikoleta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
3,5 αστεράκια. Το βρήκα καλό, ειναι τελειως εφηβικό οποτε δεν είχα πολλες απαιτήσεις, για αυτό που είναι είναι αρκετά καλό, όμως βαρέθηκα την φλυαρία και τις χαζολογίες ανάμεσα στα αδέρφια Μπένεντικτ...
Mikayla
Overall I did enjoy this book, but thought It was pretty basic, reminding me of other books.
Mateja
Feb 22, 2011 Mateja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot express how much I love this series. It's been torture waiting for the release of Stealing Phoenix. I did the craziest happy dance when I saw it in my mailbox.

This book was incredibly well written. The storyline was thrilling, exciting and I got absorbed into in from page one. The pages were constantly giving of waves of danger. I was so anxious the entire time, waiting for the axe to drop. Yves sure knows how to get in trouble, with Phoenix’s help of course.

Yves and Phoenix are so ado
...more
Kiki van Dijk
3.5/5 sterren
Meli
Jul 03, 2014 Meli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RESEÑA COMPLETA EN LEE.SUEÑA.VUELA

¿Quién iba a decir que el más bueno y tierno de los Benedict iba a tener una historia tan poco edulcorada? (Mil veces menos edulcorada que la de Zed, su hermanito el chico malo).
Me encantó eso.
De la misma forma que me encantó conocer mejor a Yves y conocer a Phoenix, tengo algunos peros hacia ella, pero es un personaje roto y ese es el tipo que más me gusta.
En fin, reitero eso de que quisiera ser adoptada por los Benedict, pero ya.


Lo único que no me gustó ni de
...more
Esther
Dec 21, 2015 Esther rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wat was dit weer een geweldig deel. Ik ben zo veel van deze serie gaan houden. Op naar deel 3 en tevens het laatste deel!
 (Lúa)
Dec 07, 2015 (Lúa) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Increíblemente mejor que su primera parte. En busca de Sky me gusto, pero este es jodidamente adictivo! Necesito ya el tercero la verdad
Sophie Gadget
Sencillamente me encantó, lo devoré rapidísimo. Sin duda mejoró muchísimo en relación al libro anterior.
Fransinda
May 25, 2016 Fransinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gelezen-2016
Wat is dit een geweldige serie, wanneer je eenmaal in een boek begonnen bent, wil je hem zo snel mogelijk uitlezen!
Jessica
Sep 08, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich liebe diese Bücher einfach.
Selina
Jun 01, 2012 Selina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a Bookcase to Heaven™ review.

*

Sometimes you immerse yourself in a drama, so much that it's all you can think about when you eat and when you sleep. And all that time spent outside the tale has you aching to get back into the exhilarating experience of hanging onto every word from the endearing cast. Then, as you zoom through the episodes, eagerly waiting to see how it ends, you realize with a start that time flies and there's only one more episode left.

If you're nodding so far, I can on
...more
Lesley
Jun 28, 2011 Lesley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed
Posted on http://mykeepershelf.blogspot.com/201...
My rating 4.5 out of 5

Stealing Phoenix is the second book in the Finding Sky series by Joss Stirling, it's definitely one of the best YA series out there (in my humble opinion), it's fast paced, full of swoon worthy Benedict brothers and has the best creepy villains EVER. The Benedicts are a pretty special family, the parents and the seven brothers who's names start alphabetically with Trace and ends with Zed are savants and all have special pow
...more
Charlie' (MyBooksAreCorrupted)
Why isnt there a 10 star button!
THIS IS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE PROBABLY READ ALL YEAR!!!
If you thought Finding Sky was good!
Well, this was AMAZING!
I love Phoenix, nickname Phee, 's character!
The life she has to endure, the lies, she doesnt know whats the truth. Since her mother died when she was only 9, Phee learned to trust noone, incase she or someone else gets hurt. Her Mother taught her about Soulmate, but when she died, she thought it was another lie her Mother told her, but only because The
...more
Flor C.
Aug 15, 2016 Flor C. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5-
Llevaba años con este libro en pendiente y si no tenía la insistencia de Juli para leerlo, debo admitir que no lo iba a tocar.

Recordé porque no me gustó Sky, creo que tenía problemas con sus personajes principales.

Aunque en Phoenix no lo sufrí tanto y en algún momento me interesó la historia, siento que su prota hacia todo lo posible para despertar mi malhumor, entiendo todas las cosas malas por las que pasó, pero en algunos momentos se merecía unos buenos golpes para que dejara de actuar ta
...more
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 4.25

I loved just the same as the first book. Another Benedict brother has found his soulfinder, or soulmate. This is the story of Yves and Phoenix. This book is great. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Phoenix is a thief. She can freeze brainwaves from others, which is totally awesome if you ask me. She tries to steal from Yves, but is unable to succeed. She makes some bad decisions throughout the book that annoyed me. However, I thought it didn't take away from the story.

Yves is t
...more
Matias G.B
Jul 01, 2014 Matias G.B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soy un cursi, por eso 5 estrellas.
Tanja Voosen
Buchgestaltung

Mir gefällt die deutsche Aufmachung von den Farben her etwas besser. Zu meiner Verwunderung finde ich auch die Abänderung des Titels richtig gut, obwohl beides passt, denn Phoenix wird so gesehen „gestohlen“ aber auch „gerettet“. Ich finde jedoch letztes passt irgendwie besser, wegen der Beziehung zu Yves!

Meinung

Ich erinnere mich noch gut an den Vorgänger Finding Sky und das ich damals nicht ganz überzeugt werden konnte. Von Saving Phoenix gab es aber so viele positive Eindrücke, d
...more
Christina Rodriguez
Apr 03, 2012 Christina Rodriguez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
“I'm not a little woman you need to defend.'
His face hardened. 'That's exactly what you are: you're my little woman and I'm not having you sacrifice yourself for me.”


Loved Loved Loved it!

So I finished this book last night and when the last sentence was read I was so sad. I thought that Finding Sky was a good read but Stealing Phoenix was a great read!

In stealing Phoenix we meet Phee, a thief for a community of bad Savants. When her target is none other then the 6th Benedict son things turn cr
...more
Evelyn (iameveling)
Sky habia sido un libro que me dejo sin palabras, literalmente me encanto. Pero Phoenix fue un libro que me enamoro completamente.

Phee es una chica increible con una vida muy complicada. Me senti muy identificada con ella y su personalidad, su manera de ser, adore todo en ella -excepto cuando huia - pero es totalmente genial.

Ame de este libro que pudimos conocer mucho mas a Yves y que es mucho mas de lo que aparenta. Ame la manera en que se conocieron y comenzaron a hablar, porque fue muy graci
...more
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Apr 27, 2012 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews by: B4R Book Club
Following in the footsteps of its predecessor “Finding Sky” the cover to “Stealing Phoenix” is also elegant. I absolutely love it! We get an imaginative look at a phoenix. The trick is having read the first installment of this wonderful series do I know I will not be reading about a mythological bird..

Stirling must be her own genie in a bottle stealing her title straight from the pages of creative writing. Not only is Phee stealing to survive, but Yves is stealing for love. Joss Stirling managed
...more
Agustina
ME ENAMORÉ. De la historia y sobre todo de Yves.
Yves es literalmente mi tipo de chico perfecto: inteligente, simpático, maduro, dulce pero no empalagoso, atento, caballero y protector pero no al punto de ser posesivo. Phoenix me cayó re bien; es fuerte, inteligente y no es ninguna damisela en peligro, aunque sea un personaje roto. Quizás por eso me caiga tan bien, los personajes rotos suelen gustarme. Y ni hablar de la pareja Yves-Phoenix ayyyy son tan lindos juntos los amo los amo los amo.
Los d
...more
Maria
Sep 04, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-to-die-for
O MY GOD!!! dis is 1 of my fav books eva!!! 2 me it was just as exciting as da first 1!! u no, full of savant stuff and adventure :)
couldnt put it down!! (except wen i had 2 go 2 skul!! :( ugghh!)
oh well.. im finished it now nd i cnt believeit!! i read it 2 fast! :L
i was soo excited fer it and loved every sec of it!! i promised myself i wasnt gona write any spoilers so im just gona say dat my fav part was in da second last chapter!! ull c wat hapens wen u read it :) nd i promis u ur gona love
...more
Steffi
The book has less chlishees than the first book in the series which was good.

Unfortunately the rest was just disappointing.
The story is so simple that there aren't even any peaks or anything exciting happening. I didn't like the female protagonist at all.
Then the magic moment of finding the soulfinder again, supposed to be the big moment in their lifes but there are no sparks, no chemistry, nothing. I had the feeling that this bond exists just for the sake of it. I couldn't feel anything specia
...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
topics  posts  views  last activity   
The new Savant series 10 38 May 01, 2014 10:15AM  
  • Zurück nach Hollyhill (Hollyhill, #1)
  • Severed (Fated, #2)
  • Sevenster (De Laatste Wachter, #1)
  • Blood Ransom (Blood Ties, #2)
  • Everlasting: Der Mann, der aus der Zeit fiel
  • Dark Heart Rising (Dark Heart, #2)
  • Mean Spirits / Young Blood (The Mediator, #3-4)
  • Witch Fire (Burn Mark, #2)
  • Angel Dust
  • Thumbelina
  • The Darkest Dream (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #17)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Thin Air (Thin Air Saga, #1)
  • Riche$
  • Kill All Enemies
  • Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
  • Foretold (Daughters Of Saraqael, #3)
  • Ferryman
4042181
Joss Stirling is a British novelist. Her first novel under this name was the internationally successful, Finding Sky, which is followed by five others in the same series entering into the savant world of young people with special powers. Central to the story are the Benedict Brothers, seven talented guys from Colorado. The next book Summer Shadows is out in July 2016.

In a second series, Struck, Jo
...more
More about Joss Stirling...

Other Books in the Series

Benedicts (7 books)
  • Finding Sky (Benedicts, #1)
  • Seeking Crystal (Benedicts, #3)
  • Teasing Xav (Benedicts, #3.5)
  • Misty Falls (Benedicts, #4)
  • Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)
  • Summer Shadows (Benedicts, #6)

Share This Book



“Soulfinders can't be bad for each other - they are each other. We aren't complete apart.” 96 likes
“I'm not a little woman you need to defend.'
His face hardened. 'That's exactly what you are: you're my little woman and I'm not having you sacrifice yourself for me.”
65 likes
More quotes…