Start by marking “Beastly: Lindy's Diary (Beastly, #1.5; Kendra Chronicles, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Beastly: Lindy's Diary (Beastly, #1.5; Kendra Chronicles, #1.5)

Beastly: Lindy's Diary (Kendra Chronicles #1.5)

3.75  ·  Rating Details ·  2,835 Ratings  ·  274 Reviews
See the #1 New York Times bestselling story Beastly through Lindy's eyes! This is her diary, kept while living in captivity with the beast. Lindy's Diary captures all the romance and edgy mystery of the original!

Diary,

I am locked away . . . with no one to confide in but you . . . and him. His fur, those claws—they caught me off guard at first, but now I'm noticing somethin
Published January 31st 2012 by HarperTeen

Exina
Jun 10, 2012 Exina rated it really liked it
I can see into his soul, and it is beautiful.

Beastly is told from Kyle’s point of view, so the characterization is strongly one-sided in that story. While his character is perfectly elaborated in Beastly, I missed Lindy’s viewpoint, her thoughts and feelings.

Lindy’s Diary fills this gap and fairly successfully balancing characterization.

You come to know Lindy’s personality and family background, but her father’s drug-addiction and her abandonment by him could have been portrayed in a more d
Janjohn
Mar 23, 2012 Janjohn rated it it was amazing
I got a stiff neck for reading this book, and it was all worth it! For one hour and fifty-eight minutes (Yes, I checked the clock),I stood inside a bookstore and read this book. Oooh yeah, I didn't buy the book, just like what I did with the six books of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. :)

I love Princess Diaries so there's no question why I love this one. I love diaries! HAHA!

Well, this is just Beastly, really, just told through Lindy. And I like this one more than Beastly! I mean, Lindy wasn't really "the
Aug 13, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

BUT. You MUST read Beastly first. Lindy's Diary as a stand-alone book is utterly unremarkable and rather boring. As a companion to Beastly, however, it is sensational, and you cannot afford to miss it. It adds a dimension that you just cannot get by reading Beastly alone.

I've read some of the other reviews on goodreads (after reading the book), and I don't agree with most of the negative ones. Lindy's Diary may come off as boring, or even repetitive - lik
April
Jun 18, 2013 April rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013-reads
This was a total let down. It's written in Lindy's point of view. I don't think it's really necessary to read this after reading Beastly.
Angela
Two years ago, I read Beastly and loved it. I know it is a bit overrated and the movie sucked (the script writers should be sued). But I just loved the modern-day twist incorporated in Beauty and the Beast for Beastly. By far, the best retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

I was not really sure what to expect for Lindy's diary entries. Kyle's POV was entertaining by itself because of the huge dramatic change he goes through throughout the course of Beastly's two years. Here, it also takes place over
Darlene
This novella is told in epistolary fashion as a series of diary entries from Lindy’s perspective of what transpired during Beastly.

Lindy actually lost points from me during the first half of the book! She admitted in the diary early on that she had feelings for Adrian but kept them to herself because she knew the two of them could never have a “normal” life. Yet, she also revealed that she did not find Adrian to be beastly at all but thought that his face and, in particular, his eyes were quite
Keri Payton
The companion novel to 'Beastly,' written from the perspective of the "Beauty," Lindy.

I only came across this book by chance. It appears to have been released less than a month ago. I snatched it up on Kindle due to the low price and an interest in reading the story from Lindy's perspective.

Lindy may be the "Beauty" figure in the story but she is not stunningly beautiful. She isn't ugly but neither is she presented as a sex bomb disguised as a Plain Jane. She is someone the reader can relate to.
Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
Dec 14, 2012 Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

I have been wanting to read this for a little while now. I adored Beastly (and several of Alex’s other works) and the idea of re-reading Beastly from Lindy’s perspective was hype enough to make me want to read it. And I wasn’t disappointed. This little novella is exactly what it’s advertised as, a retake of Beastly via Lindy. If you’re read Beastly, you already know the basic plot. Kyle is an asshat and Kendra curses him to live
Pretty in Fiction
Dec 31, 2012 Pretty in Fiction rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews-by-jesse
How did I not know about this book until a couple of days ago?!?! I LOVED Beastly and gobbled Lindy's Diary up within a day. It's a short story that shows Lindy's POV of Beastly, in diary format. In case you haven't read, or heard of, Beastly, it's a modern day retelling of Beauty and the Beast from the Beast's point of view.

The only reason I'm not giving Lindy's Diary a full five stars is because it was short and because it was told in diary form. Although, I'll totally admit, even though I don
Elizabeth "Liza"
Mar 27, 2012 Elizabeth "Liza" rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, romance, series, own, fairy-tale
This is a short novella and you can gather from the title that it is a re-telling of Beastly from Lindy’s point of view.

In Lindy’s diary we get an insight to her side of the story and of the thoughts and feelings about Kyle and Adrian. All in all Lindy comes across as normal teenager with a huge crush on the most popular kid in school, that feels like a fish out of the water due to being a ‘nerd’ and being the ‘poor girl’ in a school full of rich kids. I admire her drive to be more, to be hungr
Majo
Oct 08, 2014 Majo rated it liked it
Me gusto mucho leer el punto de vista de Lindy en esta historia.

Aporto muchas situaciones nuevas, no solo un punto de vista distinto de los mismos sucesos de Beastly, sino un par de cosas que nos perdimos o a las que Kyle no le dio gran importancia pero ella sí. Me encanta leer libros en forma de diarios.
Clare Carter
May 10, 2017 Clare Carter rated it liked it
Um yes, I did check out the deluxe edition of Beastly from my library to read this. I'm great, how are you?

So I read this in like 2 hours, and it was cute. I like what it added to the story. And I mean, that's it. I've already expressed all of my thoughts and opinions on the actual book, but yes, I did like Lindy's voice. It was sweet. Yep.
Andragel
Oct 21, 2016 Andragel rated it really liked it
“It was like we were two halves of an oyster shell, and when you put us together, it hid the gray gunk inside.”

A very good companion to the beautiful retelling of B&B.
I was afraid to read it after some reviews pointed out (view spoiler) but I really understood her. Trauma, such the one she suffered, sometimes render oneself unable to freely express such feelings. Understandable is also her fear of being trapped in a closed space,
Jesse Burgoyne
Feb 08, 2012 Jesse Burgoyne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Originally posted on Pretty In Fiction.

Allyson (Belle)
Wow this was a total let down. I was really excited when I found out this was coming out. A few years ago I read what Stephenie Meyer had written of Midnight Sun and loved it, so I was interested to see how Alex Flinn would do the same thing. But I don't know if it was because they were written so far apart or what but this was so silly compared to Beastly. Many of the conversations didn't match, she referenced things that hadn't happen in the world during Beastly, and those Kendra dreams: WTF? ...more
Kaycee ❤️
Beastly is actually a modern retelling of the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast from the Beast's point of view. And after the success of the first book, I'm glad that Alex Finn decided to write this one, that finally get us to see Lindy’s side of the tale.

I admit I was having a hard time understanding Lindy during the time I've read Beastly since it focused mainly about Kyle/Adrian and when I found about this I was beyond excited. Yes! is basically about Lindy's thoughts, point of view a
Abbie
Jul 01, 2013 Abbie rated it really liked it
There are different sides to every story... And this side was absolutely adorable!

I read Beastly a year ago and I liked it a lot. Fairytale retellings are just so appealing to me. I finally got a copy of Lindy's Diary and wouldn't you know? I loved it! Lindy was such a smart and sweet character. She loved books, she saw the good in people, and she loved her dad despite his drug addiction. I wanted the book to be a little longer because I liked seeing Kyle/Adrian through her eyes. It was inte
Jalsbeti3
May 24, 2015 Jalsbeti3 rated it really liked it
This book is about Lindy's life and perspective of when she was forced by her father to live with a beast. This book is from the book Beastly but from Lindy's eyes. In this book you get to experience what she felt and how she saw the beast. You also see a snap of her life with her father and how she lived in tough conditions and had a nasty house. This book is about acceptance, not judging a book by its cover, and friendship.
Trisha
May 25, 2014 Trisha rated it liked it
cute, but kind of silly. Told in diary style, it gives a little back story on Beastly
I did like that it gave us more history on Kyle and Linda...
and it gave more information on Kendra meddling a little...to help things along
AND it helped explain some of the moments they had.

so I think it added content to the 1st book.
MyzanM
This is a nice follow up on the previous "Beastly", but it's not ny way near as good.

This is basically a collection of scenes from Beastly told in the POV of Lindy mixed into other reflections of Lindys life and thoughts. The diary format is sometimes refreshing and sometimes unnecessary. Still it was fun to read after Beastly.
Paula Byrd
Feb 26, 2014 Paula Byrd rated it really liked it
When I read Beastly I often wondered what Lindy was thinking, I am so glad I read this book. Many of my questions were answered and because Beastly was such an excellent book and I've read it so many times, I was thrilled to be able to read more related to it. I really liked Lindy when I read the first book and now I like her even more. Great book!
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
I really enjoyed reading this story through Lindy's diaries because we get to experiment it through another pair of eyes.

It's like the whole story is complete now that we get to see how both of them felt during that time.
Bhavya
Jul 31, 2015 Bhavya rated it it was ok
Somewhere between 2 is one too less and 3 is one too many :p
Shadowlove3
Apr 17, 2013 Shadowlove3 rated it did not like it
Doesn't even follow the plot of the main book, which is why this is so horrible.
Lucille
Feb 26, 2012 Lucille marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-to-read
How can I not know this existed?! It's past its publication date!!
AmandaEmma
Some of the things didn't add up with events in the books, and the conversations didn't add up either...
blackplume
Feb 17, 2012 blackplume rated it really liked it
Review posted in Blackplume
Christiana
Dec 14, 2016 Christiana rated it liked it
Shelves: modern-fantasy
She based the book off of the movie. Not cool. She altered the storyline, and told parts of the story that he would have told in the normal book if they had actually happened. I feel like this book is a rip off, and not true to the story. It was still a good book, more so if it had been a stand alone.
alisonwonderland
Since I enjoyed Beastly and wanted something quick and fairly mindless to read this weekend as I recover from "tax season," I decided to read this companion book, which is the same story from Lindy's viewpoint. I'd rate it almost three stars.
Reviews for the L...: Beastly: Lindy's Diary 7 5 Feb 10, 2013 12:50PM
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • The Shadow of the Bear (A Fairy Tale Retold #1)
  • Winter's Child:  A Retelling of The Snow Queen (Once Upon A Time, #17)
  • Beautiful Beast (Enchanted Fairytales, #1)
  • Beauty and the Beast (Timeless Fairy Tales, #1)
  • While I'm Still Myself
  • The Crimson Thread: A Retelling of Rumpelstiltskin (Once Upon a Time, #13)
  • Training To Love
  • Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings, #3)
  • Magic Hands
  • Spirited (Once Upon A Time, #7)
  • So Hot For You
  • 8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf
  • What's In Your Heart
  • The Glass Slipper
  • When Rose Wakes
  • Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 6
  • Princess of the Wild Swans
NOTE: If you would like to contact me, please visit my Facebook, Twitter, or website or e-mail me (alixwrites@aol.com), but DO NOT MESSAGE ME THROUGH GOODREADS. While I have a bio on Goodreads as a service to my readers, I do not visit Goodreads on a regular basis. Like literally twice a year.

Okay, bio.

I was born on Long Island and grew up on a street called Salem Court. This probably influenced m
More about Alex Flinn...

Kendra Chronicles (4 books)
  • Beastly (Beastly, #1; Kendra Chronicles, #1)
  • Bewitching (Kendra Chronicles, #2)
  • Mirrored (Kendra Chronicles, #3)
  • Beheld (Kendra Chronicles, #4)

“So I said, "I'll miss you. You are the truest friend I've ever had."

I could see that my words were a knife in his gut. Yet, it seemed kinder than the alternative, for him to know I love him, but that I'm leaving anyway.”
16 likes
“Money sure does fix things, doesn't it? Except for things that can't be fixed.

Like broken hearts.”