Start by marking “Commitment” as Want to Read:
Commitment

Commitment

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
An 18,000 word collection of 6 stories, all centered on the theme of madness. Sometimes rage can accompany madness. Sometimes whimsy. Sometimes longing. From science fiction, to crime, to horror, these stories cover a wide range of genres, but in every case, the main characters are somehow unhindered from their moorings.

Table of Contents:
"So Close to Home" Originally appea
Nook, 54 pages
Published August 2nd 2011 by Glen Krisch, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Commitment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Commitment

Jon Recluse
Ever wondered what it would be like to go insane? Let Glen Krisch be your guide with these six little field trips into the heart of darkness.
Krisch writes with a master's touch and incredible empathy. Highly recommended!
The Behrg
May 03, 2015 The Behrg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a short story collection this was a fast read, but each tale kept me enthralled and ready for more. Krisch is a phenomenal wordsmith, writing with a confidence that enables him to explore themes and situations other lesser writers might struggle with.

This was my first dabble into Glen Krisch's madness, glad I made it to the table. I'll certainly be back for seconds.
Bandit
May 01, 2013 Bandit rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glen Krisch is a seriously talented writer and I've loved his novels, liked his novellas a lot and now I can say that I like his short fiction. These are very interesting stories (Krisch never lacks for originally) with a pervasive WTF motif. Good way to pass an hour, but not his best work. I'd highly recommend his novels to get a real feel for how good of a writer he is.
Grace
Jan 28, 2012 Grace rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-authors
Very good, if not excellent, collection of short stories that will leave the reader, not only wanting more, but seriously questioning their sanity. I'm torn on which was my ultimate favorite...so, I'll have to say "Web Sighted", because of its excellent ending and "Commitment", because of its beautiful and touching message.
Brian Mcclain
Oct 29, 2014 Brian Mcclain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
A pretty good selection of stories with descent into madness. They were each entertaining in their own way so picking a favorite is hard.
Lisa Cleveland
Most of these stories started off well, but something got lost at the end. The ending felt rushed and it felt "to me" that Mr. Krisch just didn't care about how the stories ended, just so long as they did quickly. I liked the last story, but it still wasn't good enough to bring my rating up on this collection. I won't be reading anything more from this author, and I'll be deleting this from my Kindle library.
Betty
May 24, 2015 Betty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent collection of short stories that will keep you on the edge of your seat and turning the pages until the wee hours. Then, you'll be too wired to sleep plus you'll want all the lights on and, of course, all the doors locked and is there any kind of weapon in the house?
James Jones
Brief and entertaining

The stories are well written and more odd than they are scary. Not a bad quick read and we'll worth the price of admission.
Jessica
Jul 24, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This author is seriously talented. This contains 6 short stories. This book is insane, in a goodway.
Jack
Oct 17, 2015 Jack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mind candy horror short stories. Decent. Entertaining. Liked it.
R. Hayn
Jan 28, 2016 R. Hayn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well done. Enjoyed it thoroughly.
Katy
Dec 01, 2011 Katy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of short, brilliant gems
Shelves: ebook
Another brilliantly evocative piece of flash fiction from Glen Krisch - an old man, alone in the snowy woods, his wife of 50 years is dead ... but is she really gone? Again, beautifully bare-bones work that provides enough structure for us to see all the meat for ourselves. Kudos!
Aurora
Aug 12, 2013 Aurora rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some interesting stories that could have used a bit more fleshing out to make them truly compelling. A quick and decent read.
Brenda Seaberg
Not a bad book of short stories. I will read more by this author.
Andi
Andi marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Mommacat
Mommacat marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Steven
Steven rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Esme
Esme rated it did not like it
Oct 31, 2015
Thomas
Thomas rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Julié
Julié added it
Oct 25, 2015
Camilla
Camilla marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Ken McKinley
Ken McKinley marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Pigletto
Pigletto marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Joi
Joi marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Dave Higgins
Dave Higgins rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2015
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Glen Krisch's novels include The Nightmare Within, Where Darkness Dwells, Nothing Lasting, and Arkadium Rising (Brother's Keeper Book One).

Besides writing and reading, he enjoys spending time with his wife, romance author Sarah Krisch, his three boys, simple living, and ultra-running.

He enjoys talking to his readers. Feel free to stop by his website to see what he’s up to: www.glenkrisch.wordpres
More about Glen R. Krisch...

“Burnt toast destroyed my life.” 0 likes