Start by marking “Romancing Snow White: A Prince Charmaine Story” as Want to Read:
Romancing Snow White: A Prince Charmaine Story

Romancing Snow White: A Prince Charmaine Story

2.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  245 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
When the dashing (or so he thinks) Prince Charmaine has a chance encounter with Snow White, he thinks all his prayers have been answered! The perfect, pale-skinned beauty is everything he could want in a woman, and he'll stop at nothing to make her his girlfriend!

But there is a problem. Seven problems, to be exact. The dwarves aren't going to make it easy on him!

Romancing
Nook, 54 pages
Published August 6th 2011 by Karen Kiefer, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Romancing Snow White, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing Snow White

Maia
Feb 27, 2013 Maia rated it did not like it
I was very excited to read this story when I started off. The idea of the prince having to work for Snow White's love seemed amusing to me and is a great concept... if done right. This story was not done right.

Reading this story was like reading really badly written fan-fiction. The characters had no layers to them and no redeeming qualities. The writing was sloppy and grammatically incorrect, which worries me.

The only thing redeeming quality of this story was how quickly it ended so I did not
Christine Cherry
Jul 01, 2014 Christine Cherry rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately I can't say that I like Karen Kiefer's book "Romancing Snow White: A Prince Charmaine Story". There was absolutely nothing special to me about this read. This story could have been made up and retold better by just about anyone. However, this does not discourage me from reading any of Karen Kiefer's other books. This typical new take on an old fairy tale didn't do it for me, but I am willing to give another book written by her a try. Hopefully she will peak my interest.
Joyce
Sep 26, 2012 Joyce rated it liked it
Quite a "charming" short story.
Terri M.
Huge fan of fairy tale retellings here and this short story, which I started and finished over my lunch hour, certainly fits the bill. However, it falls short of being a true retelling.

Basically, Keifer took Snow White’s story, changed the character names slightly (and not very creatively, IMO) and then attempted to tell the story from the point of view of self-centered, vain Prince Charming.

There’s nothing new except for injecting a feisty, almost offensive personality into Bones (Doc). Snow Wh
Beth Martin
Jan 19, 2012 Beth Martin rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2012
To be fair, this book was free and therefore I have no right to complain. Furthermore, it was clearly a parody. Further furthermore, it's not as if this wasn't quite amusing in it's own right. But it's also a giant joke, and mostly wasted potential.

What I Liked: There was some genuinely funny snark. Prince Charmaine was so completely over the top and self centered that his narration was made into pure hilarity. The new names of the seven dwarves were close enough to the original to be caught, wh
Soojung
Interstiing

Interesting read. Very different from the classic story. I'm not sure how I feel about it because the Prince starts off as a character I don't really like but a classic ending and in the end I did end up liking the Prince so yeah I guess it wasn't bad!!
Carolyn
Dec 10, 2011 Carolyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a very quick, easy read, probably geared more towards young adult but still enjoyable for adults. Taking the interesting side to the Snow White fairy tale, we get the point of view from Prince Charming (aka Charmaine in this short story). Think what Wicked did to the Wizard of Oz. You think you know the story, but the author puts her own twist on it.

Again, you can easily read this story in about an hour, if you really want to. Prince Charmaine might come across as a bit of a ditz. The dw
Alicia
May 23, 2014 Alicia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's like a chick flick in book form, a little over the top but an enjoyable read.
Jill
Oct 22, 2011 Jill rated it liked it
I was intrigued by the title and wanted to read another e-book so last week I read this one. It wasn't quite what I was expecting. The prince is nowhere near as likable as he is in the version I am used to and the dwarves all have some odd names, not the ones we are accustomed to either. It was a quick read that had some comic elements. It would be interesting to see what the prince is like in the full length book. This e-book is currently free on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble
Valerie
Feb 02, 2016 Valerie rated it did not like it
So a tale whose title begins with the "R" word is not generally on my "to read" list. However, I do love a tale that revisits familiar characters in a new way, (Bridget Jones, Pride & Predjudice & Zombies, The Chosen . . .).

Alas, this one did not live up to my expectations. It was pretty shallow & silly really, and did not provide much to hold my interest. In the end, I just didn't see the point.

At least it was a quick read, so I did not invest much time in it.
Sonia
Dec 24, 2013 Sonia rated it did not like it
I only got through one chapter and couldn't go on. Just bad - as in poor - as in the writing was so over-the-top, almost tongue-in-cheek, I couldn't keep reading. You were literally told everything from feelings to thoughts to actions. It was almost a study in extremes - the prince was extremely narcissistic and egocentric and the princess was extremely stupid and naive.
Linda
Dec 01, 2011 Linda rated it it was ok
I wish I could give it just one and a half stars. It was just ok...not great, and ended rather abruptly. I read it to my husband as we were making a long drive. After it ended we looked at each other and said a collective, "Ooooooook"! If you're looking for a quick, silly read, this one's for you!
Damona
Jan 23, 2012 Damona rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a cute, quick read
this was a cute little story. your basic Snow White tale with a little extra snark. Snow herself was kind of vapid, the Prince was ridiculously vain, Bones the dwarf was definitely the best character, but it all came together alright. it took me less than half an hour to read it.
A.J.
2.5 stars - Kinda cute, had a couple good ideas, probably would have been better served as a slightly longer story with a little more character development...what happened to the entire wicked queen plotline? At least a nod to that might have been nice.
Faithann
Oct 01, 2012 Faithann rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, kindle-books
This story had a few funny spots, but overall it was just ok. Prince Charmaine was kind of a pathetic lead male, and Snow White was made out to be a complete air head. The best character in the entire story was Bones.
C.
Dec 21, 2014 C. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Virtuously short, and while it turns the classic Snow White fairytale on its head it offers no redeeming dimensionality for any of its characters.
Carol Rivera
Feb 28, 2012 Carol Rivera rated it did not like it
I have no clue how this story made it to print. This was one of my free books from Amazon and I regret ever spending time reading it.
Bex
Oct 07, 2011 Bex rated it liked it
A short little interlude to while away the time. I did enjoy the humor and wish I had my very own Bones to defend me
Kimmy
Mar 08, 2012 Kimmy added it
Shelves: 2012
After reading & enjoying Aurora Abroad, this was a disappointment.
Amancay
Ni fu, ni fa, really... But I guess for a short it fits the bill.
Tiffany
Oct 02, 2011 Tiffany rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Short, sweet, easy read. Definitely read Aurora Abroad first though.
Diane
Oct 23, 2011 Diane rated it did not like it
Thank goodness this was a short story. It was pretty terrible.
Maria Claudia
Sep 26, 2011 Maria Claudia rated it it was ok
A silly book. It was fun in the beginning but get bored.
Issa
Nov 13, 2011 Issa rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
Not a very creative or interesting story.
Summer Peterson
Nov 04, 2012 Summer Peterson rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Free book.
Jacob
Jun 05, 2012 Jacob rated it really liked it
Hilarious
Anny XD smiles forever!!!!
Nov 23, 2011 Anny XD smiles forever!!!! rated it really liked it
  • Scream Angel
  • Heartbreak Highway
  • A Reluctant Vampire
  • A Touch of Night
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • Legwork
  • Maddy's Oasis
  • Under the Scotch Broom
  • Touched By Angels (Touched By Angels, #1)
  • Blame it on the Mistletoe
  • A Fair to Remember (Welcome to Redemption, #2)
  • Famous Last Words
  • The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn
  • Getting Gabriel
  • Lure of the Night (Vampire Winter Saga, #1)
  • A Happily Ever After of Her Own (Ever After 1)
  • Lady Deception
  • Ammey McKeaf (The Chronicles of Azulland, #1)