Start by marking “Romancing Snow White: A Prince Charmaine Story” as Want to Read:
Romancing Snow White: A Prince Charmaine Story

Romancing Snow White: A Prince Charmaine Story

2.54 of 5 stars 2.54  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  29 reviews
When the dashing (or so he thinks) Prince Charmaine has a chance encounter with Snow White, he thinks all his prayers have been answered! The perfect, pale-skinned beauty is everything he could want in a woman, and he'll stop at nothing to make her his girlfriend!

But there is a problem. Seven problems, to be exact. The dwarves aren't going to make it easy on him!

Nook, 54 pages
Published August 6th 2011 by Karen Kiefer, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Romancing Snow White, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing Snow White

I was very excited to read this story when I started off. The idea of the prince having to work for Snow White's love seemed amusing to me and is a great concept... if done right. This story was not done right.

Reading this story was like reading really badly written fan-fiction. The characters had no layers to them and no redeeming qualities. The writing was sloppy and grammatically incorrect, which worries me.

The only thing redeeming quality of this story was how quickly it ended so I did not
Christine Cherry
Unfortunately I can't say that I like Karen Kiefer's book "Romancing Snow White: A Prince Charmaine Story". There was absolutely nothing special to me about this read. This story could have been made up and retold better by just about anyone. However, this does not discourage me from reading any of Karen Kiefer's other books. This typical new take on an old fairy tale didn't do it for me, but I am willing to give another book written by her a try. Hopefully she will peak my interest.
Quite a "charming" short story.
Terri M.
Huge fan of fairy tale retellings here and this short story, which I started and finished over my lunch hour, certainly fits the bill. However, it falls short of being a true retelling.

Basically, Keifer took Snow White’s story, changed the character names slightly (and not very creatively, IMO) and then attempted to tell the story from the point of view of self-centered, vain Prince Charming.

There’s nothing new except for injecting a feisty, almost offensive personality into Bones (Doc). Snow Wh
Beth Martin
To be fair, this book was free and therefore I have no right to complain. Furthermore, it was clearly a parody. Further furthermore, it's not as if this wasn't quite amusing in it's own right. But it's also a giant joke, and mostly wasted potential.

What I Liked: There was some genuinely funny snark. Prince Charmaine was so completely over the top and self centered that his narration was made into pure hilarity. The new names of the seven dwarves were close enough to the original to be caught, wh

Interesting read. Very different from the classic story. I'm not sure how I feel about it because the Prince starts off as a character I don't really like but a classic ending and in the end I did end up liking the Prince so yeah I guess it wasn't bad!!
This is a very quick, easy read, probably geared more towards young adult but still enjoyable for adults. Taking the interesting side to the Snow White fairy tale, we get the point of view from Prince Charming (aka Charmaine in this short story). Think what Wicked did to the Wizard of Oz. You think you know the story, but the author puts her own twist on it.

Again, you can easily read this story in about an hour, if you really want to. Prince Charmaine might come across as a bit of a ditz. The dw
It's like a chick flick in book form, a little over the top but an enjoyable read.
I was intrigued by the title and wanted to read another e-book so last week I read this one. It wasn't quite what I was expecting. The prince is nowhere near as likable as he is in the version I am used to and the dwarves all have some odd names, not the ones we are accustomed to either. It was a quick read that had some comic elements. It would be interesting to see what the prince is like in the full length book. This e-book is currently free on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble
So a tale whose title begins with the "R" word is not generally on my "to read" list. However, I do love a tale that revisits familiar characters in a new way, (Bridget Jones, Pride & Predjudice & Zombies, The Chosen . . .).

Alas, this one did not live up to my expectations. It was pretty shallow & silly really, and did not provide much to hold my interest. In the end, I just didn't see the point.

At least it was a quick read, so I did not invest much time in it.
I only got through one chapter and couldn't go on. Just bad - as in poor - as in the writing was so over-the-top, almost tongue-in-cheek, I couldn't keep reading. You were literally told everything from feelings to thoughts to actions. It was almost a study in extremes - the prince was extremely narcissistic and egocentric and the princess was extremely stupid and naive.
I wish I could give it just one and a half stars. It was just ok...not great, and ended rather abruptly. I read it to my husband as we were making a long drive. After it ended we looked at each other and said a collective, "Ooooooook"! If you're looking for a quick, silly read, this one's for you!
Jan 23, 2012 Damona rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a cute, quick read
this was a cute little story. your basic Snow White tale with a little extra snark. Snow herself was kind of vapid, the Prince was ridiculously vain, Bones the dwarf was definitely the best character, but it all came together alright. it took me less than half an hour to read it.
2.5 stars - Kinda cute, had a couple good ideas, probably would have been better served as a slightly longer story with a little more character development...what happened to the entire wicked queen plotline? At least a nod to that might have been nice.
This story had a few funny spots, but overall it was just ok. Prince Charmaine was kind of a pathetic lead male, and Snow White was made out to be a complete air head. The best character in the entire story was Bones.
Virtuously short, and while it turns the classic Snow White fairytale on its head it offers no redeeming dimensionality for any of its characters.
Carol Rivera
I have no clue how this story made it to print. This was one of my free books from Amazon and I regret ever spending time reading it.
A short little interlude to while away the time. I did enjoy the humor and wish I had my very own Bones to defend me
Mar 08, 2012 Kimmy added it
Shelves: 2012
After reading & enjoying Aurora Abroad, this was a disappointment.
Ni fu, ni fa, really... But I guess for a short it fits the bill.
Short, sweet, easy read. Definitely read Aurora Abroad first though.
Thank goodness this was a short story. It was pretty terrible.
Maria Claudia
A silly book. It was fun in the beginning but get bored.
Not a very creative or interesting story.
  • Rumpel
  • Heartbreak Highway
  • A Reluctant Vampire
  • Legwork
  • A Touch of Night
  • Lady Deception
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • Famous Last Words
  • Under the Scotch Broom
  • Getting Gabriel
  • A Fair to Remember (Welcome to Redemption, #2)
  • Lure of the Night (Vampire Winter Saga, #1)
  • A Wish to Build a Dream On
  • The Shakespeare Manuscript
  • Blame it on the Mistletoe
  • A Happily Ever After of Her Own (Ever After 1)
  • Sons of Thunder
  • Annabelle Lee (Summersville Secrets, #1)