No Grown-ups Allowed (Cul-de-sac Kids, #4)

No Grown-ups Allowed (Cul-de-sac Kids #4)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Jason Birchall can't wait for Valentine's Day. His parents are going away for the weekend, and Grandma is coming! Jason has big plans. Will he be able to sneak some of his mother's yummy valentine chocolates? Can he trick Grandma into allowing him to change his bedtime?
Published August 1st 1995 by Bethany House Publishers (first published July 28th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about No Grown-ups Allowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Grown-ups Allowed

Kristine Pratt
I think every kid who has to take daily medicine will understand this book.

Tired of being different, and tired of being told to always take his pills for ADD, and tired of following all the rules that go with that, Jason finally rebels. When his parents go out of town he takes matters into his own hands. And manages to mess up everything.

A good book about consequences of actions, and learning that rules are there for a reason. I'd recommend this book, especially for kids with ADD & ADHD. And...more
Mandy Hoffman
When Jason's parents go away for the weekend, he decides to try and pull some fast ones on his grandmother. However, when he doesn't take his medacine things begin to get a little out of control.

This is a great book for kids to read on their own or with a parent. It's recommended for ages 7-10. I read it to my 4 and 6 year old girls and they liked it but I did have to skip over some of the more scary parts for my younger child. (when Jason watches the scary movie.)
Barb G
Terrible book. About a sneaky, lying boy with ADD who stays up after his Grandma has gone to bed to watch a scary movie that was described a little too scary. Sorry I didn't read this one first before reading it to my son.
Abdullah Khan
Abdullah Khan marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Maddie Claire
Maddie Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
N Do
N Do added it
Aug 23, 2014
Selina
Selina marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Dyann Saal
Dyann Saal marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous best...more
More about Beverly Lewis...
The Shunning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #1) The Covenant (Abram's Daughters, #1) The Betrayal (Abram's Daughters, #2) The Sacrifice (Abram's Daughters, #3) The Prodigal (Abram's Daughters, #4)