Start by marking “Fox (The Vendetta, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fox (The Vendetta, #1)

Read eBook* *Different edition

Fox (The Vendetta #1)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
A wind whips through the trees, carrying with it the call of Pandora's Box. It will choose one victim, as it does every year, and beckon its quarry to open it. He will have one year to find the box. Or die. Twenty-year-old Fox is heir to the House of Lords, a group dedicated to protecting Pandora's Box from the chosen who seek to open it. When the new chosen kidnaps her fa ...more
Published August 3rd 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fox

Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
When I first saw the cover I knew I was going to read it and I was actually trying to win it from Librarything, but Parrisha was kind enough to give away 5 free copies to those who asked and so I received one. I'm very happy I did because I really enjoyed it, not to mention the cover is gorgeous! I wish I had a paperback copy just so I could look at it in person.

Anyway, cover love aside let me talk about the actual story. The first thing about the summary that drew me in was the promise of mytho
Cassandra
Aug 27, 2011 Cassandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Fox is the very first novel of new author Parrisha Martelly. I was surprised at how well written the novel was considering Parrisha is only 21. I still can't believe it. Even though the novel was well written, it was very hard for me to get into while reading it. I would give Fox 3 3/4 stars, but I'm rounding to 4 since there isn't the option. Parts of the story felt as though they were skimmed through, like when movies go to commercial or chop parts out of the story.

Fox is on a mission to save
Nicole
Dec 19, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
The main character Fox, was one that I felt I could understand. She is a loner not by choice but because those in her town are afraid of her. Fox is a very likable lead, she's strong yet not closed off even though others fear her, she still goes out of her way to help those that need her assistance. Fox as the heir to the House of Lords is a warrior, one of the best. I enjoyed learning about Fox's back story which made me like her even more. There are parts of Fox's past that are sad yet most o ...more
Ryne Billings
Aug 06, 2011 Ryne Billings rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fox, Book 1 of the Vendetta Series, is the debut novel of Parrisha Martelly.

As a fan of Greek mythology, I loved the premise to Fox. In order to avoid spoilers, I'll just say that Pandora's Box plays a large role in the series, which is pretty clear from the product description.

Here's what I loved about the story:
~It had a great plot.
~The author's writing style is impressive, especially considering that this is her debut novel.
~The characters seemed to be fleshed out very well.
~There was e
L.E.Olteano
Originally posted on Mar 21 2012 at Butterfly-o-Meter Books:

That cover is absolutely and completely gorgeous! Just gorgeous. I had to begin by saying that.

Now, this is a high fantasy novel with the adventure type of scenario. This has been my reading phunk niche for a while now, but I think it's reached the height of no-modjo. I just couldn't get into it at all. I just couldn't. I read something like half of the book, trying my best to become interested in the story. I'm sorry, it didn't happen
Krizia Anna
Jul 28, 2014 Krizia Anna rated it liked it
This book was okay. Nothing exceptional. It was not boring but also not that exciting. The story was predictable. It gave me a dèja vu experience, like I've read this before. I do hope it gets better as the series progresses.
Liz
May 13, 2015 Liz rated it liked it
Complete fluff but isn't that exactly what you want sometimes?
Scott
Jan 22, 2012 Scott rated it really liked it
I received this book through the Goodreads First Reads program. Since this is not the type of book I usually read, I was a bit apprehensive, but this was quickly replaced by interest. The story drew me in quickly, and was very impressed by this young author. The book is the first in a series, and I will be watching to see when future volumes are published.
Katherine
Mar 11, 2016 Katherine rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
While you can tell that the author is young, this is a very solid first novel. The plot is intriguing and ends with enough mystery to make you want to read the next in the series. The characters need fleshed out a bit more, all of the dialogue tends to sound the same, but overall a very good book. 3.5/5.
Lisa Elizabeth
I really enjoyed this book! Well written, interesting characters & plot and a bit of a cliffhanger/whodunit ending to keep the reader on their toes for the next installment. I will definitely be reading the sequel.
Anya
Oct 26, 2012 Anya marked it as to-read
Nice cover!
Victoria Selke
Victoria Selke marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Raffo3a
Raffo3a marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
jai
jai marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Agnes
Agnes marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Lauryn
Lauryn marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Melina Baca
Melina Baca marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Madison Roy
Madison Roy marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Melissa Souza
Melissa Souza marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Sanika
Sanika marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Megen
Megen rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Eden Shortland
Eden Shortland marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Minoakaokalani Steward
Minoakaokalani Steward marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Jay
Jay added it
Feb 14, 2016
Wouter
Wouter marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Nikyangelg
Nikyangelg marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 04, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Josephine Dunning
Josephine Dunning marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
  • Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #1)
  • Memory's Wake (Memory's Wake Trilogy, #1)
  • The Fire Wars (Fire Wars, #1)
  • A Marked Past (The Mercer Legacy, #1)
  • The Veil
  • Sleight (AVRA-K #1)
  • Mundahlia (The Mundahlian Era, #1)
  • Altered
  • The Apocalypse Gene
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • Diamond Eyes (Mira Chambers #1)
  • Stay (Callie Rose #1)
  • Not So Snow White
  • Josephine Lost
  • Opera Macabre
  • Cicada (Cicada, #1)
  • Bittersweet (Bittersweet #1)
  • Soul Protector (Soul Protector #1)
Hello! My name is Parrisha Martelly, and I am an avid lover of fantasy, chick-lit, historical romance, African American fiction, and self-development books. When I'm not writing short stories and novels, I am spending time with my family, going to concerts, and exploring California.

My first novel, Fox, was released on August 3rd.

If you have any general comments, questions, and concerns, please fee
More about Parrisha Martelly...