Start by marking “Meg And The Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave” as Want to Read:
Meg And The Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave

Meg And The Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave (Meg Duncan #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Published (first published June 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Meg And The Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meg And The Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave

Samantha
Jul 26, 2013 Samantha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anybody
Recommended to Samantha by: My Mother, She read those books when she was my age, so she thought I would like them.
Emily Hawthorn has been threatened with black magic.Shen continues to get poison pen letters from a coven of "witches"Below is the letters she received:
TEACHER, TEACHER, KEEP YOUR COOL;
DON'T TELL STORIES OUT OF SCHOOL.
PACK YOUR BOOKS AND FLY AWAY--
IF YOU DON'T YOU'LL RUE THE DAY.

(signed with a star pointed down and a number 13 in the middle)

TEACHER, TEACHER, LISTEN WELL;
ONLY YOU CAN BREAK THE SPELL.
WITCHES HAVE MELISSA HEXED--
LEAVE AT ONCE OR YOU ARE NEXT.

(signed with the same symbol
Michelle
A good middle reader mystery. Today's middle readers might find it a little unrealistic the way the kids are allowed to run around without an adult.
KDawn
This was my favorite mystery series when I was a kid...I'm sure it's what started me on the mystery-loving adventure in books that I've had all my life. They are just the right size for kids -- 15 chapters or so -- and she never dumbed down the language (similar to JK Rowling keeping her vocabulary up even while writing for kids), so if you're reading to your kids, it provides an opportunity to teach them vocabulary at the same time.

This was not her best in the series...The Secret of the Witch'
Megan
One of the series when I was a kid, my introduction to miss trees and Nancy Drew etc.
babyhippoface
I loved Meg books when I was young, but I never read this one. I found it at a Friends of the Library sale this weekend and happily paid $1 for it. Now to see if it matches up to my memories....

2 days later....
Well, pretty much, yeah. It's how I remember it, and I didn't hate it. (I didn't love it, either, but I didn't expect to.) As an adult reading it now, I can recognize that there is too much "tell" and not enough "show", the characterization is pretty shallow, and mystery easily-solved. But
Christy Price
Read this a loooong time ago
Kristina
I read this book about a gazillion years ago. It's funny that I still have it. I'm guessing I really liked it. This is more of a children's book than ya, but I don't feel like making another shelf for the maybe 5 kids' books I'll ever add to gr.
Ilana
I only own three books in the Meg series, this was my favorite. I would totally recommend this to anyone.
Susan
This has been Little Fellow's favorite of the series so far. I have to agree with him.
Megan
Not first reading (date below)
June 5, 1995
June 19, 2003
Valkyrie Oracle
My book lists the publishing date as 1971
Kchung
Kchung is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2015
Mary Gerbode
Mary Gerbode marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
I Noyes
I Noyes marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Buddy Olson
Buddy Olson marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
David Campbell
David Campbell marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Niki
Niki added it
Jan 24, 2015
Debbie Barnhart
Debbie Barnhart marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Karen Jakubowski
Karen Jakubowski marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Camsshel
Camsshel marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Meg Duncan (6 books)
  • Meg and the Disappearing Diamonds
  • Meg and the Secret of the Witch's Stairway
  • Meg and the Ghost of Hidden Springs
  • Meg and the Treasure Nobody Saw
  • Meg and the Mystery in Williamsburg
Meg and the Disappearing Diamonds Meg and the Mystery in Williamsburg Meg and the Ghost of Hidden Springs Meg and the Treasure Nobody Saw Meg and the Secret of the Witch's Stairway