Darkness Within: A Collection of Horrorific Short Stories

Darkness Within: A Collection of Horrorific Short Stories

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Darkness Within, A Collection of Horrorific Short Stories
These bone-chilling, mind-wrenching short stories will leave you wondering about the people around you...and yourself!
The Owners-What happens to us when the original owners of the planet finally show up?
More To Me-When the ugly truth is too much to bear, some people make their own truth...and it can get even uglier.
P...more
Published September 7th 2011 (first published June 17th 2011)

Kate's Reads
"Darkness Within" by Christine Dougherty is a collection of short stories of a horrifying nature. I've previously read her novel "The Devil Stood Up" and the first three chapters of the novel are included in this collection. Dougherty has a dark style and the stories are suspenseful and disturbing. I'll highlight a few of my favorites.

In 'The Owners' the original owners of the planet have returned and have set child against parent in the slow methodical murder of the human race. Edgy and disturb...more
Kit★
Read the story Popcorn, which I had downloaded as a freebie. Turns out I also have this collection it came from, must've grabbed it as a freebie too at some point, so I will definitely be getting to the rest of the stories soon.
As for Popcorn, I thought it was a pretty good story. I guessed early on what Popcorn's deal was, but I liked seeing where it went. I love cats, but I admit sometimes they can look at you with those eyes, and yea, they can look mean. Ha! I enjoyed how the woman and the ca...more
Debbie
Some of the stories were okay but most were either too short so you were left wondering exactly how the story was supposed to end because it was left up in the air and not an author I would bother to read again unless she did a novel as this collection of stories were just not that good, a quick read but not very interesting in my opinion.
Renee
The stories were ok, not bad, not great. But somewhere just past 50% in mid-sentence one story appears to jump into another. I tried to read on a few more pages but it didn't make any sense, so I assume it's a kindle publishing error.
Theresa
A collection of short stories.Most were good. Two of them I couldnt keep straight and didnt understand.
James
So far, so good...I'm about halfway through the book. I was only disappointed in one story so far.
Laronza Wiley-moore
It was okay. Some of the stories were a little dry and predictable but it was a decent book.
Melissa Pomeroy
Stories in this were not very interesting and way too many typos and errors.
Chino
Chino marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Joe Peterson
Joe Peterson marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Leigh Kuhl-Roberts
Leigh Kuhl-Roberts marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Crista
Crista marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Tabitha Wood
Tabitha Wood marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Gil T.
Gil T. marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Ricky Jacques
Ricky Jacques marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
J.M.
J.M. marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Mike Bratek
Mike Bratek marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Mikayla
Mikayla marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Christi Brown
Christi Brown marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Chris Dougherty writes from a secluded haven in southern New Jersey at the edge of the Pine Barrens.
More about Christine Dougherty...
Zombie, Inc. The Devil Stood Up The Boat Messages Stephen King: a short story