Start by marking “Harry Potter i Kamień Filozoficzny (Harry Potter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter i Kamień Filozoficzny (Harry Potter, #1)

Harry Potter i Kamień Filozoficzny (Harry Potter #1)

4.44  ·  Rating Details ·  4,641,634 Ratings  ·  72,986 Reviews
Harry Potter to sierota i podrzutek, od niemowlęcia wychowywany przez ciotkę i wuja, którzy podobnie jak ich syn Dudley traktowali go jak piąte koło u wozu. Pochodzenie chłopca owiane jest tajemnicą, jedyna pamiątka z przeszłości to zagadkowa blizna na jego czole. Skąd jednak biorą się niesamowite zjawiska, które towarzyszą nieświadomemu niczego Potterowi? Wszystko wyjaśni ...more
Published July 28th 2000 by Media Rodzina (first published June 26th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter i Kamień Filozoficzny, please sign up.

Olivia YESSS!!!! It is definitely worth reading the books because, the thing is, you DON'T know what's going to happen. They leave loads of things out of the…moreYESSS!!!! It is definitely worth reading the books because, the thing is, you DON'T know what's going to happen. They leave loads of things out of the movies so the books are much more interesting. You should definitely read the books.(less)
Alyssandra In the United States, the term philosopher commonly refers to a scholar of philosophy, rather than an alchemist or magician.

Rowling and her American…more

Rowling and her American editors decided to change the name to Sorcerer because it had a deeper magical presence and would not misinform U.S. audiences of Flamel's occupation.

You can read a bit more about the change here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241527/f...(less)

Lora
Jun 03, 2011 Lora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who is still waiting to read it
Recommended to Lora by: Tina, Morgan, my own curiosity
I'm going to keep this brief since there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said. *clears throat*
I think the reason I waited so long to read this series is because I just couldn't imagine myself enjoying reading about an eleven-year-old boy and his adventures at a school of wizardry. I thought it would be too juvenile for my taste. I was wrong, of course.
I can honestly say that I loved every minute of this. It's a spectacular little romp with funny, courageous, and endearing characters t
Khanh (the meanie)
Rereading for the 3rd time for the group read.

Once upon a time, there was a 10th grader named Khanh who didn't get along with people very well. She wasn't an outcast in school, and all the bullying and teasing stopped with the commencement of high school, but she had always been a bookworm and has generally preferred the company of her own thoughts.

Lunchtime had always been dedicated not to eating, but to sitting in the library, browsing through books.

(Not to worry, she got her nutrition in 5th
Kat O'Keeffe
Dec 14, 2012 Kat O'Keeffe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
IT'S HARRY FREAKIN POTTER OF COURSE I LOVE IT

*reread in March 2017 (for the first time in like 5 years)(STILL WONDERFUL)
Sasha Alsberg
Aug 03, 2015 Sasha Alsberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why the heck did I not read Harry Potter before now...its flipping magical (literally)!
Voldemort
Aug 14, 2013 Voldemort rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a disgrace to all pure bloods. My head looked quite dashing on that strange professor's head.. If only I could have extended my stay. Harry Potter.. This is not over yet.
My original review was a comparison of sorts between Harry Potter and Twilight. However, this is stupid as the two are incomparable. Honestly, its not even worth discussing. Its not just that Twilight doesn't come close, it is the fact that Harry Potter transcends other similar works. Its peerless. To quote Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction: It "ain't the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport."

There was a day when I thought I needed to defend Harr
Zoë
Jun 06, 2012 Zoë rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Update September 2016: Currently rereading this series again! (I need to sort out my priorities.)

I will never ever rate this lower than 5 stars. BEAUTIFUL.
Colleen Hoover
Apr 03, 2017 Colleen Hoover rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm on page 27. I can already tell this is going to be a big hit someday. Everyone take note of this author. He's going places.
Couldn't find him on Twitter, though. Wanted to tell him how great I thought page 23 was.
Navessa
Mar 06, 2013 Navessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

There are no words to do this book justice.
Raeleen Lemay
Jun 26, 2010 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: favorites, own
Review for Illustrated Edition

Perfect. Duh.

Re-Read in December 2014 for Harry Christmas To You

OH LORDY. Every time I read this book it brings back so many memories, and also gets me excited to read the rest of the series again as well because there is so much foreshadowing!!

For example:
-Sirius Black is casually mentioned in the first chapter
-Mrs. Figg is talked about a bit, as she looks after Harry from time to time (or all the time, ayyyy?)
-it always cracks me up when Hagrid says you'd have
K.D. Absolutely
Jan 27, 2010 K.D. Absolutely rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to K.D. by: Purplycookie, Jzhun and Ruby
Shelves: 501, childrens
How can more than half of my Goodreads friends be wrong with this?

I have to get this right. As of this writing, I have 98 Goodreads friends. 61 (62%) of them have read J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Out of those who read this, 39 (64%) rated this with 5 stars. 11 of them with 4 stars. All the others gave 3 or 2. Only 2 rated this with 1 star. One of them admitted not being able to finish it. She should not have rated it really since she did not read its entirety. (But she
Stephen
On my list of reasons why my daughters are the bestest thing to ever happen to me, Number 14,577 is that they gave me, at 41 years old, the perfect excuse to revisit the Harry Potter series.

When my oldest angel told me she wanted to start reading the Harry Potter books, I couldn’t have been happier. As I was collecting all seven volumes off the shelf to bring up to her room, I started feeling nostalgic for the whole Hogwarts gang, and I realized that I’d never done more than a perfunctory revie
Mohammed Arabey
Sep 12, 2014 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's Always Great, Coming back Home..

There's a reason us, the Fans, feel that we're connected, no matter where we from, different culture, ethics, ages..we're all graduated from there..

..Hogwarts.. even like we were in same class,classmates, no matter which edition we read..

..Cause Harry Potter is not just a story..it's a Life..

The Boy Who Saved Flourished the Book Industry
It's One of the most important novels in modern history, Sorry, it's The Most Important ONE.
This Review also for those who h
Maggie
❝This boy will be famous. There won't be a child in our world who doesn't know his name.❞

Everyone grew up with Harry Potter. They read all the books when they were young and watched all the films. They would re-watch and re-read them. They would fall in love with the Wizarding World and would completely adore Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They would talk about them non stop, about Hogwarts, about its teachings, about them wanting to become students there and pretending they are, about joining the
Oct 23, 2007 Jennifer marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-is-fun
Yes, I've been living under a rock.
Bookdragon Sean
Here are three reasons why Harry Potter rocks my socks:

1.A Better World

One of the main reasons Harry Potter is so wonderful is because Rowling shows you a boring world; it is the world of reality, dry, boring and ordinary. Then under it she reveals fantasy; she reveals everything a reader longs for: she reveals pure escapism. I still want to go to Hogwarts. I always will.

2. We’re all a bit like Harry

Okay so not many of us are orphans, and not many of us are practically abused in their own homes
Inge
This doesn't really need a review, does it?

This series is brilliant and it will live on forever in our hearts and minds.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kai
“There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.”

Harry Potter is the most amazing series that I have ever read in my whole life, and it probably forever will be. I will never love any books as much as I love these. I don't think I have to tell you guys about how good this book is because most of you have already read it anyway.

I haven't written a review so far because I just did not feel the need to put this
Wil Wheaton
Apr 14, 2014 Wil Wheaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As wonderful and magical as promised. Because I didn't remember the movie, the third act of the book was a delightful surprise to me.

I wish I'd had this book when I was a kid, because the idea that someone could be special without knowing it, and then get to visit a special world where the things that made him different were the same things that made him awesome would have been really inspiring to me.

Anne's finishing this, too, and I have to wait for her before I start in on the second book ...
Harold Bloom
May 29, 2007 Harold Bloom rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children, the carrion-eaters of scholarship
Shelves: therabblement
Can 35 Million Book Buyers Be Wrong? Yes.

Taking arms against Harry Potter, at this moment, is to emulate Hamlet taking arms against a sea of troubles. By opposing the sea, you won't end it. The Harry Potter epiphenomenon will go on, doubtless for some time, as J. R. R. Tolkien did, and then wane.

The official newspaper of our dominant counter-culture, The New York Times, has been startled by the Potter books into establishing a new policy for its not very literate book review. Rather than crowd o
Wendy Darling
Current project: re-reading HP.

My history: I was a young adult when this first book came out, and the print book never really grabbed me when I gave it a try. I found that I very much enjoyed the American audiobooks with Jim Dale narrating, however, so I read the first few books this way. But this came to an end when I misplaced the fourth book and no longer had a long commute--I never did reach the end of that wretchedly long quidditch game, so I gave up.

But here it is, 2015 and I'm trying ag
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
Why oh why haven't I re-read this before? That was the best nostalgia train ride of my life.
________________________

This? This is everything.
I wouldn't even be on here if I hadn't decided to randomly buy "that book with the cool-looking cover" all those long, long years ago— and for that, I thank you deeply and eternally, Miss Rowling.
Michael Finocchiaro
The first HP novel is already a classic. I have read it in the original English and the (slightly disappointing IMHO) French translation because my kid, just a few months after starting reading, plunged head first into this book and only resurfaced after the last one. I never made it past the 3td book but admittedly really enjoyed this book. It is the most light-hearted and funny of the series despite the darkness of the One Who Cannot Be Named. The universe created by Rowling is one of the most ...more
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I wasn't going to review this for Rabid Reads, but then I was reminded of the multitudes of unfortunates who haven't read HARRY POTTER yet . . .

I ask myself:

Me: How can this be?
Self: *shrugs awkwardly*
Me: The HARRY POTTER books breathed new life into readers of all ages. They're amazing, wonderful, fantastic, addicting, SUPERLATIVE--
Self: *nods emphatic agreement*

So what's the deal people?

Boiled down to its most basic elements, HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE is u
alyssa ♛
Dec 16, 2016 alyssa ♛ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads, 5-stars
1,000,000 Million Stars!

description

I'm going to hit myself on the head. Why? Well, because I'm stupid. I've always told myself that Harry Potter might be something that I won't like, something I won't enjoy. In my head, I kept telling myself that wizards just aren't my thing and all that stupid shit. I honestly don't know why I did that though. But I finally got over my doubt and picked this up and I'm speechless. In a good way of course! It was super good! Next time, for any book series I want to read, I
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

I'M GOING TO ADD MY BIG OLE SPOILER THING FOR THOSE THAT HAVEN'T READ THESE BOOKS YET. I'M ALSO GOING TO ADD A FEW PICTURES THAT ARE IN THE BOOK SO YOU CAN SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS AND RUN OUT AND BUY IT, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!

LET US BEGIN!

Poor Harry's parents were killed by VOLDEMORT! Yep, I said it :-) So Dumbledore (the head honcho) and the gang decide to leave Harry with his mother's sister, Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon and their brat of a son, Dudley.
Christy
Aug 27, 2016 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
 photo stencil.facebook-post_zpsodkfg2ma.jpg

I'm 30 years old and I've finally started the Harry Potter series. I know what you're thinking- it took me long enough! I say better late than never! I remember when the first movie was released in 2001. My sister was reading the books and so was my best friend. In 2001 I was in high school, and though I loved the movie, I was reading Sylvia Plath and Wally Lamb and had no interest in the young adult genre. Now, totally different story! I'm all about reading some YA.

Since I've seen the movies,
Pearl Angeli
Beyond amazing! Way to start the new year! :)

I've read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone way back in High School but I wasn't able to finish it because sad to say, my book was lost. :( And now, thanks to my lovely friend Allie who gave me a copy of this book, I became interested to read it once again and bring back the old times' feels.

And WOW! Just WOW! Thank goodness I decided to read it again because it felt so magical and magnificent and totally breathtaking! -- exactly what I've felt t
  • The Woman Who Rides Like a Man (Song of the Lioness, #3)
  • The White Dragon (Pern, #3)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 1 (Tennis Shoes, #3)
  • The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3)
  • Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism (Molly Moon, #1)
  • Krew elfów (Saga o Wiedźminie, #3)
  • The Raging Fires (Merlin Saga, #3)
  • The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1)
  • The Legend of Luke (Redwall, #12)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1)
  • The Homeward Bounders
  • The Iron Ring
  • Calling on Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #3)