Start by marking “Rosalia de Castro Selected Poems Rendered Into English Verse” as Want to Read:
Rosalia de Castro Selected Poems Rendered Into English Verse

Rosalia de Castro Selected Poems Rendered Into English Verse

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
This 118-page book contains selected poems by Rosalia de Castro (1837-1885), rendered into English verse by John Howard Reid. Some of Rosalia's most famous poems are also presented in their original Castilian so that interested readers can compare de Castro's highly charged thoughts and phrases with Reid's interpretations. It is hoped that Rosalia's unique vision, her firm ...more
Published March 4th 2011 by Lulu Press

Be the first to ask a question about Rosalia de Castro Selected Poems Rendered Into English Verse

Evelyn
*Won via GoodReads Giveaways*
A lovely collection of emotional and dramatic poetry that deal with love, death, hope and despair, combined with many references to nature and the seasons. I hadn't heard of the revered Rosalia de Castro before, but I enjoyed reading her works.
Ken
A very nice collection of poems from the accomplished late author Rosalia de Castro rendered into english by John Howard Reid. I imagine I've heard her name before, but I believe this book was nice to read up on for her poetry as well as a short biography of her life. Very nice... I wish it could have kept going ;)

Thank you for having this in the Goodreads First-Reads Program also and giving me the chance to win and review this copy:)
Heather
I am new to Rosalia de Castro and enjoyed John Howard Reid's translation as received through GoodReads. I would like to know more biographical information or see a fictionalized account of her life. Overall, charmed by her words and how after so much time, they resonate today. This is one you will find yourself dipping into over and over.
Cindy Bauer
Cindy Bauer marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Nichelle Cross
Nichelle Cross marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Ashley Perez
Ashley Perez marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2011
Zacherly Sheets
Zacherly Sheets marked it as to-read
Lori Wolf
Lori Wolf marked it as to-read
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Taea
Taea marked it as to-read
Susan Goss
Susan Goss marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Mark Mccarragher
Mark Mccarragher marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2011
Laura Pritchard
Laura Pritchard marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2011
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2011
Dithreabhach Creidmheach
Dithreabhach Creidmheach marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2011
Esther
Esther marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2011
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2011
Mysterium
Mysterium marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2011
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2011
Sharon Cramer
Sharon Cramer marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2011
Sharon L. Sherman
Sharon L. Sherman marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2011
Aaminah Shakur
Aaminah Shakur marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2011
Carol K.
Carol K. marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2011
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2011
Louis
Louis marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2011
Merryll Manning: The Health Farm Murders A Salute to Spanish Poetry: 100 Masterpieces from Spain & Latin America Rendered Into English Verse Merryll Manning: Trapped on Mystery Island In All His Glory Silent Movies & Early Sound Films on DVD: New Expanded Edition