Start by marking “Hitler, God & the Bible” as Want to Read:
Hitler, God & the Bible

Hitler, God & the Bible

In "Hitler, God, and the Bible," international evangelist and best-selling author Ray Comfort exposes Adolf Hitler's theology and abuse of religion as a means to seize political power and ultimately instigate World War II and genocide.This fascinating study mines the depths of Hitler's beliefs and convincingly argues that without Hitler's misuse of Christianity the Third R ...more
Published February 7th 2012 by WND Books

To ask other readers questions about Hitler, God & the Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hitler, God & the Bible

Abigail Rasmussen
The first half of this book is a biography of Adolf Hitler, from birth to death. The last half ponders why Hitler hated the Jews so much and also the fact that Hitler believed in God and claimed that "my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty God." Was Hitler an atheist or a Christian?

The very last chapter of this book brings out the parallel of the Holocaust in Nazi Germany and another holocaust that is happening right here in America: abortion. People in Germany either did not
Jess Smoll
May 03, 2012 Jess Smoll rated it it was ok
This book was chugging along just fine until the last thirty pages or so when the author decided-- quite unnecessarily-- to share his personal faith, personal interpretations of Scripture, and attempt to lay a religious guilt-trip on the reader and/or convert them. Screw you and your pushy, one-sided Christianity. If I'd known the author was a Fundamentalist, I would never have picked this title up.
Jessica
Jan 19, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: 2013
This is an excellent book by Ray Comfort. I am very glad I spent the time to read it because it was eye-opening. I purchased it knowing that it was connected to the 180 movie he produced (now I see why it's so closely related). The book goes through Hitler's life and how he distorted Christianity to fit his propaganda machine, including setting up his own national "church," pretty much banning the Bible in Germany, and setting up his own bible with his own commandments. No, Hitler was not a Chri ...more
Erin
Oct 18, 2015 Erin rated it did not like it
A sloppy biography at best, a bad front for oversimplified pro-life propaganda at worst.
Bradford Allen
Feb 15, 2016 Bradford Allen rated it it was ok
The first 3/4 of this book was a clear, concise, and accurate description of Hitler's rise to power. Comfort quotes pieces of Hitler's "Mein Kampf" as well as other writings by commanders within the Nazi Party. I would suggest this part of the book to anyone who wants a basic, yet intriguing overview of Hitler's evolution as a disgusting tyrant. For this part of the book I give it a 4/5.

The last 1/4 of this book was very disturbing and quite false. Comfort desperately tries to distance Hitler wi
Victoria
Mar 25, 2012 Victoria rated it really liked it
This is an outstanding book. We need to remember how Hitler got power. This book also shows how Christianity gets blamed for evil when really it wasn't involved. It also shows how the same things are going on today. A good book and one everyone should read, not just Christians.
Janet Mueller
Aug 19, 2012 Janet Mueller rated it really liked it
I appreciate the value of studying history. Having long been a student of previous cultures & historical events, I found this book idea provocative. I was listening to Jan Markell's 'Understanding The Times' (Olive Tree Ministries) on the internet, & picked up a fascinating segment with Ray Comfort. He & Jan discussed this book & the conversation alone sparked my interest. I ordered it. I began reading & read it in two sittings.

I did not have an interest in Hitler himself, no
Deborah
Apr 28, 2014 Deborah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Thought-provoking. Helps bring understanding of who this horrific man was, his movement, and his manipulation of God and the Bible. Reinforces the unspeakable while giving perspective for the "deepest Hell man can create" (Corrie ten Boom) while also giving a historical back drop making other Holocaust books and movies easier to understand.
Pam
Mar 28, 2013 Pam rated it really liked it
Great book, at least the first 85 percent of it. There is a lot of interesting detail about him prior to his dictatorship. The last two chapters are a bit preachy. Not that I minded the message, but it was a pretty drastic change in voice. I felt myself wanting more personal detail like the beginning of the book and couldn't transition well with the different voice. Still recommend it for a telling inside look at an evil soul...we must know the enemy so we can hopefully prevent it from happening ...more
Jun 23, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
First half is a overview if Hitler's life, which is ok, but the other half is about how he used 'religion' to further his agenda--very insightful.
Rene
Jul 18, 2015 Rene rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book after coming across the 180 movie. I really enjoyed this book from start to finish.
Randall
Mar 16, 2014 Randall rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lee
Plo
Neil Richardson
Jul 08, 2013 Neil Richardson rated it really liked it
An important and impassioned book which gives a clear (if brief) insight into Hitler's ideology, and especially where this touches on his anti-Semitism and entire rewriting of the Christian gospel. Particularly interesting are his 30 directives with regard to the 'German National Church', including replacing the Bible with Mein Kampf and crosses with swastikas. May God deliver us from any such man, and indeed from ourselves.
Anna Joy
Jul 29, 2012 Anna Joy rated it really liked it
It was actually a rather good argument for three views; one, that Hitler was really not a Christian, but a "compulsive liar" (page 142). Second, that our picture of God is what brings about the question, "why does God allow evil/suffering?". Third, that abortion is a Holocaust that exists in our very backyards. Although it wasn't as tightly written as I would have liked, it gave me a lot to ponder...
Billy Dixon
Jan 18, 2014 Billy Dixon rated it it was ok
Fascinating book in the beginning. Hitler may not have been a staunch believer per se, but He used religion in a manipulative mannerto garner support for his targeted persecution. World war 1, Narcissism, anti-Jewish propaganda, and his charisma all played roles in his rise to power. The abortion comparison to the holocaust was a bit much, and uncalled for.
Brendyn
Dec 18, 2013 Brendyn rated it really liked it
This is a good book to learn history about Hitler from a Christian perspective. He gives quite a bit of information that I had never heard of about Hitler and the Nazi regime.The last thing Ray says is that money is the root of all evil. I don't agree with that phrase. It's when we worship money or use it for evil purposes it is evil.
David Pettit
Oct 20, 2012 David Pettit rated it it was amazing
Good book! Learned some things about Hitler and the Nazis that I didn't know before. I thought that the book was going to focus more on Hitler's theology more than it did. The book was basically a short biography of Hitler's life and then the theology was thrown in at the end. It was still extremely fascinating and worth reading.
Erin
Aug 08, 2016 Erin rated it liked it
This book was so good until the last 5-10%. He went on some tangents that didn't fit with the book. A lot of the book was Hitler's history (which was interesting, I learned a lot I didn't know) but I didn't feel that the God and Bible part of the title were developed well.
Joshua
Mar 31, 2014 Joshua rated it really liked it
A very interesting read. Ray Comfort basically sums up what he talks about in his film 180 which outlines Hitler's life and compares it to the American Holocaust, abortion.
Scott Guillory
Aug 29, 2015 Scott Guillory rated it really liked it
Listened to the audiobook. Pretty good!
John Ward
Oct 26, 2014 John Ward rated it did not like it
Terrible.
Robert Ivačič
Robert Ivačič marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Patrice Jones
Patrice Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Hannah Williams
Hannah Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
melinda willett
melinda willett marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Duawana Wilson
Duawana Wilson marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Cary Payne
Cary Payne marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Ricky LLanes
Ricky LLanes marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Courting Disaster: How the CIA Kept America Safe and How Barack Obama Is Inviting the Next Attack
  • Surviving Off Off-Grid: Decolonizing the Industrial Mind
  • The Marketing of Evil: How Radicals, Elitists and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguised as Freedom
  • Is Hell for Real or Does Everyone Go to Heaven?
  • Battlefield America: The War On the American People
  • When a Nation Forgets God: 7 Lessons We Must Learn from Nazi Germany
  • Emotions: Can You Trust Them?
  • And the Rat Laughed
  • The Lucky One
  • The Case for Gold: A Minority Report of the United States Gold Commission
  • The Brethren
  • The Strategy of Satan: How to Detect and Defeat Him
Ray Comfort is a Christian.
He is also the founder of Living Waters Publications. After relocating from New Zealand to Southern California in the late 1980s, Ray introduced a long line of pastors and churches to a biblical teaching which he called Hell's Best Kept Secret. From humble beginnings, Living Waters has become an internationally recognized ministry, reaching the lost and equipping Christi
More about Ray Comfort...