Guide to The Hunger Games

Guide to The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games Companions)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  1,009 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Guide to the Hunger Games offers a new way to interact with the enthralling world of the Young Adult publishing phenomenon that is Suzanne Collins’ Hunger Games trilogy. This companion provides deeper insight into the inspiration behind the thrilling adventure series, as well as the contemporary themes at its root. Profiling the main characters and providing coverage of th...more
Paperback, Media tie-in edition, 192 pages
Published March 20th 2012 by Plexus Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Guide to The Hunger Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guide to The Hunger Games

♥Taniya♥
It was amazing,it was an awesome book,lots of sci-fi!
Jessica Purpur
While it provides correct information and basic ideas, plots and incites for a die hard fan it offers little to think about. All the information can be found within the book without having to ponder the big ideas like who is real to blame for killing the tributes and how different is Panem from the world we live in today.
If your looking for something more in depth i would recommend The Hunger Games and philosophy or the Panem Companion.
Nunik Kartikarini
Panduan sederhana tapi sangat berguna bagi pembaca Trilogi Hunger Games yang sering lupa nama tokoh dan asal-usul mereka. Paling berguna sebagai panduan saat menikmati versi filmnya atau saat membaca buku ketiga, Mockingjay
Morgan
For a relatively short book, it's a pretty good overview of the HG trilogy--characters, events, connections to history, events, explaining what dystopian means. I read it in preparation for a teen book discussion I'm helping facilitate and it was helpful to have it as a refresher. Some parts were repetitive--for example, the same event is summarized from Peeta's and Katniss's point of view, which could maybe have been combined or written differently, but that's a nitpicky comment and for teen re...more
Michaela
This is the kind of companion that I am NOT looking for. This book has a few boring quizzes, rehashed plot summaries, and descriptions of characters and things using details I already knew. This is a good beginners guide, perhap for someone who just saw the movie or read the book. It is not intended for people who've read all the books several times and want new insight on the novels because that is something this guide completely lacks.
Jennah
excellent to have to learn about each tribute, each district, how Panem became Panem....the Dark Days.......it has a diagram of the clock shaped arena in the Quarter Quell so you can better understand the clock-like map Peeta draws on a leaf in Catching Fire.
Susan
After the first book in the trilogy I knew there was a lot under the surface of the story that I wanted to learn about. This book was very simple and thorough.
Maya
Great companion to the Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay! It's a good discussion book and has some fun quizzes in it! (Nice illustrations too.)
Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books
"The Guide to The Hunger Games" pretty much rehashes everything from the books and sums it up. It has some quizzes and some history notes (relating Collins' world to Rome and Myths and other books and stuff).

There is a couple of tidbits of new information but not a lot. This is a good book for anyone who needs a quick rundown of the series before the movie arrives.

My hope is that Collins' penned "World of the Hunger Games" is better and actually includes a map of the country. I only have to wait...more
Kayla
All these opinions, thoughts and ideas have made me literally go bonkers! Have you checked my Tumblr Update lately?
Sarah May
Interesting and detailed descriptions and information about the amazing The Hunger Games series!!
Jo
Took up all (most) facts there is to know about HG, Though it was a good read.
Christine bailey
I really like reading this book cause it show how it started
Amanda Nora
This helped me a lot with a book report at school.
Meaghan Ethier
An awesome inside peek to an amazing series.
Emma

Soccerplayer101
Soccerplayer101 marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Ronnie
Ronnie marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Amanda Boström
Amanda Boström marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
  • Hunger Games Companion
  • The Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook: From Lamb Stew to "Groosling" - More Than 150 Recipes Inspired by the Hunger Games Trilogy
  • The Hunger Games: List of characters in the Hunger Games trilogy, The Hunger Games universe, Katniss Everdeen, etc
  • Jennifer Lawrence: Star of the Hunger Games
  • The World of the Hunger Games
  • The Hunger But Mainly Death Games: A Parody
  • The Hunger Games and Philosophy: A Critique of Pure Treason
  • The Hunger Pains: A Parody
  • Katniss the Cattail: An Unauthorized Guide to Names and Symbols in Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games
  • The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy
  • The Hunger Games Tribute Guide
  • The Unofficial Recipes of the Hunger Games: 187 Recipes Inspired by the Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay
  • Alice in Wonderland (Based on the motion picture directed by Tim Burton)
  • Ten Days to Self-Esteem
  • Construct A Couple (Serenity Holland, #2)
  • The Enchanted Collection Box Set: Ella Enchanted, The Two Princesses of Bamarre, Fairest
  • The Panem Companion
  • King of Marbury (The Marbury Lens #1.5)