Start by marking “All Sales Fatal (A Mall Cop Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
All Sales Fatal (A Mall Cop Mystery, #2)

All Sales Fatal (A Mall Cop Mystery #2)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  278 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
For mall cop E.J. Ferris, catching customers who “forgot to pay” is quite a change of pace from her former life in the military. But when a real crisis heats up her climate-controlled domain, her old instincts come back quicker than last year’s skinny jeans.On good days, Fernglen Galleria is a tranquil haven of capitalist splendor—but today is not one of those days. Arrivi ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about All Sales Fatal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Sales Fatal

Christine
May 05, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing
An injury forces EJ Ferris to take a medical discharge from the military. She is now a “mall cop” at Virginia’s Fernglen Galleria. Catching shoplifters, finding lost keys for motorists, and subduing drunken Easter bunnies is now all in a day’s work for EJ. One morning as EJ walks from her car to the mall entrance, she discovers a dead body right outside the door to the mall. At first she assumes it’s a homeless man, but it soon becomes evident this isn’t a street person and his death was no acci ...more
Denise Zendel
Aug 02, 2015 Denise Zendel rated it it was amazing
E.J. Ferris, mall cop, arrives at work one day and sees what she thinks is a homeless person sleeping on the mall sidewalk. The teenage boy in question is not homeless, or asleep. He’s been shot (possibly somewhere else) and left for dead at the east entrance. He may be a victim of gang violence. Coincidentally, the security cameras for that part of the mall are on the fritz, so no help there. E.J.’s nemesis and boss, Capt. Woskowicz, is acting weird and then just disappears, and E.J. can’t shak ...more
Goose
Apr 23, 2014 Goose rated it liked it
The second book featuring EJ Ferris is just as good as the first one but I feel it still could have been better. EJ and all her supporting cast are back from the first book, Die Buying. The mystery this time includes a body of a young man found outside the mall in the parking area and how it connects to the head of security at the mall. 3 ex-wives, many mall employees, and some retail details add fun to this novel. Having worked retail for many years, I couldn't help but chuckle about some of th ...more
Ed
Feb 26, 2014 Ed rated it really liked it
#2 in the Mall Cop series. This cozy series about ex-military cop E.J. Ferris sidelined to Mall Cop duty after a debilitating knee injury suffered from an IED in Afghanistan just gets better. EJ has integrity and gives her all to the job she is getting paid to do, regardless of how she is regarded by co-workers, the public and the local police department. Add some humor, an irascible grandfather, and the hint of potential romance and you have a winner of a new series.

Mall Cop series - For mall c
Angela
Jan 19, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing
wonderful. can't wait for the next one!
Lyndsay
I have enjoyed this series b/c I like the main character EJ. We go alittle spermatozoa with her insecurities due to her injury. She stays at herdead end job a mall security Bc she 1. Cant get a police job 2. Too stubborn to reevaluate her options and pursue obtainable goals. 3. She knows when she leaves this job and if she is not a cop she will have failed.

The story has a body count of 2. I didn't not like how the author had sj confront killer with out back up. She is a smart woman. Yes she want
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
May 25, 2012 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it it was amazing
Veteran EJ Ferris is still on deployment as a mall cop at Fernglen Galleria. Her working day is disrupted when her security rounds comes upon a dead body at the East entrance to the upscale mall. The entrance that EJ knows the cameras are non-operating.

Not only is the body a worrisome event, something seems to be going on with the Security Captain, EJ's boss and the feeling that there is a connection between him and the killing just won't leave EJ alone. EJ is an independent woman and an injured
Michele
May 20, 2014 Michele rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I haven't read the earlier title in this series, or perhaps I would have rated it higher. The mystery was okay. The main character is mildly annoying, though, in a number of ways that seem not really credible. Like her rejection of her movie star father's fame and fortune, her stubborn belief that the damage from Afghanistan isn't sufficient to make a police position impossible and her saintly attitude towards her mall cop job. Maybe I'm just a grouch, but she seems too good to be true.
Patricia
May 21, 2012 Patricia rated it liked it
On May 17, 2012, I received the book All Sales Fatal by Laura Disilverio for free through Goodreads First Reads. Because I am someone who needs to read the whole series and cannot just start with the second book, I bought Die Buying to read first. I am sorry but this series just did not hold my interest. I do not know if it is the characters or the murders happening in a mall, but for me this was not a good start to a new series. However, the second book All Sales Fatal, is not that bad. Even th ...more
Kaye
Nov 25, 2012 Kaye rated it it was amazing
E J Ferris, mall cop, at Frenchglen Galleria, generally spends her day catching people who "forgot to pay" and watching the monitors. However, when an entire bank of cameras go black, she feels like she's missing something. When she goes to work in the morning, and finds a sleeping homeless man, who turns out not to be sleeping or homeless, but dead, she knows she can solve the case. Detective Hellend, however, has different ideas. When her boss is murdered, and she finds some suspicious evidenc ...more
Nancy
May 16, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
I won this book through a goodreads giveaway just in time to take it to my twice a year job preparing ballots for the vote counting machine. We can have a lot of down time between batches so having a fast paced mystery available is handy. This book did a good job of carrying me through some boring waits long past my normal bedtime. DiSilverio creates some interesting characters that appear destined to tease about romance alongside future mysteries for many books to come. There is a bit of a roma ...more
Dharia Scarab
May 26, 2016 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it

4 sta
Roseann Moss
Jul 16, 2015 Roseann Moss rated it it was amazing
This is a Cozy type Mystery. Fast easy read, that I enjoyed. Characters are real people you will want to know what happens next. This is a 3 book series. Each is a stand alone mystery. BUT there is that bit of unfinished business that you need to read the next book to find out what happens. Mystery is resolved in the book, reading the next book is not required to know who did it.

I will admit I read all 3 over a 4 day period and really loved them.
Erin
May 08, 2014 Erin rated it really liked it
This is one of the better cozies I have read in awhile. The plotline was tight, the characters weren't annoying and the chain of events both worked well and were surprising.
Jean
Apr 17, 2015 Jean rated it really liked it
Excellent book loved the characters and the complex mystery plot. 2nd book in series.
Elizabeth
Aug 12, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
I love these kind of mysteries - quick to read, great characters, good stories, and fun plot twists. EJ Ferris is a "mall cop." forget Paul Blart, EJ is a former soldier with a bum knee which may slow her down in the hallways but doesn't slow down her problem solving abilities at all,or her skill with a gun. When her boss disappears and a murder or two interrupts the cheery shoppers at Fernglen Galleria EJ and her grandfather step in when the police don't. Start with a spunky heroine, add some q ...more
Kelly
Aug 15, 2015 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy, united-states
I would read another one by this author.
Michele
Jun 17, 2012 Michele rated it it was amazing

I really enjoy this series! The second book is every bit as delightful as the debut! The storyline and plot are tight, the characters have developed in their personalities and reveal more of themselves. We are left with a tease of romance and future job choices. I will eargerly await what comes next for this group of characters.
I recommend this series to all cozy mystery lovers, it is fun and determined not to reveal the killer(s) until final chapters.
Great read and I hope the next installment i
Ami
May 10, 2012 Ami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
There are two murders in this book -- one is a young man's death, that is posed as a homeless and two is EJ's own boss. I'm quite surprised with the later. Maybe because I think he's one of the 'regular' casts, so to speak. One that is there to make EJ's life difficult. It's a good read, well-done investigation. However, I a little bit annoyed with how EJ keeps seeing her current job only as a stepping-stone to "actual" job in a police department, like it is beneath her. So I'm not really warmin ...more
Angela
Jun 19, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Better even than the first! I'm really enjoying this quirky series. A fresh idea with plenty of interesting characters and a good mystery--it's a winner.
James
It's very rare that I figure out whodunnit when I'm reading crime/mystery novels. I just don't read that way. So if I figure it out early, it's because the clues are like oversized blinking neon lights pointing to the evildoer. I got this one about halfway through, probably because it (like the first boo in the series) uses just about every genre cliche. The book isn't bad for a quick, mindless read, but I don't think I'll be seeking out more by this author.
Liz
Dec 31, 2015 Liz rated it really liked it
Shelves: get-a-clue
A great follow-up to the first book in the series. I'm really enjoying the characters and learning more about them. The setting, too, continues to be interesting.

What really surprised me with this one was that the storyline with both potential love interests actually doesn't detract from the story and I'm looking forward to seeing more from both of them.

(I'm probably going to regret that in a book or two, but for now...)

Kristi
Sep 25, 2012 Kristi rated it really liked it
Great cozy read, the second in Laura DiSilverio's Mall Cop series. Really enjoy the characters, especially the relationship between E.J. and her ex-CIA grandpa. In this book, a dead body turns up outside the mall in an area where the security cameras have been broken. Then E.J's boss goes missing. E.J. starts investigating, even though the police don't welcome her help. A fun mystery, looking forward to the next installment.
Lisa
Apr 01, 2013 Lisa marked it as to-read
"I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads."
05/21/2012
I just have to mention that after I received this book in the mail my daughter (3 going on 13) keeps telling me that she wants me to read the "funny bunny book" because of the bunny costume on the cover. I had to share.

4/30/13
Shelving this for now - nota reflection on book, more on my book tastes right now.
K.C. Shaw
Oct 10, 2012 K.C. Shaw rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, not-owned
I'm really enjoying this mystery series. The main character, EJ Ferris, is likeable if a bit taciturn, and I love the intelligent, clever plots and the way the possible romance is developing slowly (because let's face it, those books that have all the characters paired off by the end of book one are great, but the sequels are kind of lame). I'm really looking forward to the next book.
Alix
Mar 01, 2013 Alix rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
As mysteries go, this one was an anomaly for me, because the subject matter is something of little interest to me -- in that I don't think I've even shopped in a mall in over a decade. But the characters and dialog were so well-written, and the mystery engaging enough, that this didn't matter at all. I quite enjoyed the book and look forward to more adventures. Well done!
Cindy
Jun 01, 2012 Cindy rated it really liked it
I had read the previous book in the series, Die Buying, and liked it though it was a little slow. Thought that this one was better and moved along faster. It is interesting to think about the mall from a security standpoint and what goes on there. Was able to read in one day which is unusual for me. I like the main character E.J. and especially her grandpa Atherton.
Katy Budget Books
Jan 07, 2013 Katy Budget Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: karla
Karla says: Very engaging characters, they all have distinct personalities with all the funny quirks. The main character is ex-military police who just happens for work as security in the mall. She discovers the body early and there are plenty of clues and red herrings to keep the story fresh. I like character E J Ferris and will look for more from the author.
Susan
EJ runs the roost after her boor of a boss disappears. She's staying very busy helping the police look into the death of a gangster found at the back of the mall, helping the 3 ex-wives of her missing boss look for various items, and beginning a self-defense course in the mornings (assisted by her grandpa.) The sequel is just as strong as the debut :)
Julie_ian_curtis
Jan 14, 2014 Julie_ian_curtis rated it did not like it
This was painful to read almost didn't finish but had to find out the killer
  • Die Job (Southern Beauty Shop, #3)
  • The Scarlet Pepper (A White House Gardener Mystery, #2)
  • Death Makes the Cut (Jocelyn Shore #2)
  • 50% Off Murder (Good Buy Girls, #1)
  • Dead Man Waltzing (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #2)
  • A Fitting End (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #2)
  • Hot Button (Button Box Mystery, #2)
  • Grace Among Thieves (Manor House Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Buys a T-shirt (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery #1)
  • Rest In Pizza (Pizza Lovers, #4)
  • Corpse in the Crystal Ball (Fortune Teller Mystery, #2)
  • Stay At Home Dead (Stay At Home Dad Mystery #1)
  • Death, Taxes, and Extra-Hold Hairspray (Tara Holloway, #3)
  • Murder on the Menu (A Cooking Class Mystery, #2)
  • The Corpse Of St James's (Dorothy Martin, #12)
  • Due or Die (Library Lover's Mystery, #2)
I'm the author of the Swift Investigations, Mall Cop and Readaholics mystery series.

After twenty years as an Air Force intelligence officer – serving as a squadron commander, with the National Reconnaissance Office, and at a fighter wing – I retired to parenting and writing full-time.

Spying was easier.

(Laura DiSilverio is also Ella Barrick.)
More about Laura DiSilverio...

A Mall Cop Mystery (3 books)
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • Malled to Death (A Mall Cop Mystery, #3)