Start by marking “Go the Fuck Away” as Want to Read:

booksbnimble

Go the Fuck Away

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  13 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
ebook
Published by BooksBNimble (first published July 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Go the Fuck Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go the Fuck Away

Allison
Feb 09, 2012 Allison rated it it was ok
Perhaps I will find this funnier when I'm older and have grown children, but for now I found it crass and uncreative. Most older persons I know actually want their kids around, without the kids being a sponge, of course. I can see where the author(s) were going with the "quit being a leech and grow the F up" angle...but the rhymes were lacking and therefore not funny.
I don't have a problem with cursing in literature but I feel curse words should add something instead of the word "fuck" just thro
Amber
Sep 10, 2011 Amber rated it liked it
Shelves: won, comedy
I received this volume in a First Reads giveaway.

This short parody of the infamous "Go the F*** to Sleep" explores the lives of parents who have to deal with their adult children who won't well...go the f**k away.

Some of the stanzas were really funny and cute and I caught myself laughing a few times but I also felt that some of the stanzs were missing some..oomph. Some I felt were awkward wounding and others I felt needed an additional rhyme to make the parody sound more like a verse.

It was s
Julie Smith
Aug 22, 2011 Julie Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"We never saw a night alone. We never had coffee a deux. Yet we know how other parents live and what peace and quiet must be." -Mr. and Mrs. Edward Dickinson, parents of Emily.

"Story of my life! Whydya think I drink so much?" -Mrs. Irene Reilly, mother of Ignatius.

"Five daughters still at home? FIVE!? And one of them's Lydia! The only time we ever smile is while reading this book." -Mr. and Mrs. Bennet, parents of Elizabeth (et al).

"My Howie wouldn't just go and get his PhD, and now look! What t
Stevie Nillis
Aug 22, 2011 Stevie Nillis rated it it was amazing
A really clever and cute parody of a parody-- based on Adam Mansbach's "Go the F**k to Sleep." I see this book as even more of a children's book for adults. An answer to what happens after your kid grows up ... and promptly moves back into your house. Couldn't be better done!
Tiffany
Mar 02, 2015 Tiffany rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book free through Goodreads. I'm a fan of Go the F*** To Sleep, and this was an amusing parody of it (a parody of a parody- what a concept). The stick figure drawings were hilarious. Let's all hope our children don't end up bothering us like this in our old age.
Madge
Jul 22, 2012 Madge rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I got this book from a First Reads giveaway and read it aloud to my husband when I received it. We were both laughing our butts off as I went through it. If you need a good laugh, especially if you're a parent, I highly recommend this short little book.
Noran Miss Pumkin
Sep 14, 2011 Noran Miss Pumkin rated it did not like it
received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads

Sorry-not even worth reviewing-1minutes read at best. illustrations of a 2year old-just trying to ride the shirt tails of Go the F*** To Sleep.
Lowell Davis
Feb 11, 2012 Lowell Davis rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people I don't particularly care for
Recommended to Lowell by: Free Kindle Book
An incredibly big ball of dumb.
Diyana
Sep 09, 2011 Diyana rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: "For every parent who's ever suffered a moment's frustration with his or her darling child."
He he, it is sadly funny
Pat Bayard
Pat Bayard marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Tierra Wilson
Tierra Wilson rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2015
Publius
Publius rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2015
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Amy Rivera
Amy Rivera marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Chris Roeszler
Chris Roeszler marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
A.H. Shipton
A.H. Shipton rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2013
Keri Rachal
Keri Rachal marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2012
Faerie-bookworm
Faerie-bookworm marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2011
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Sharen
Sharen marked it as to-read
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Crystal Hinners
Crystal Hinners marked it as to-read
J.D. Hollyfield
J.D. Hollyfield marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2011