Start by marking “Go the Fuck Away” as Want to Read:

booksbnimble

Go the Fuck Away

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  9 reviews
ebook
Published by BooksBNimble (first published July 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Go the Fuck Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go the Fuck Away

Allison
Perhaps I will find this funnier when I'm older and have grown children, but for now I found it crass and uncreative. Most older persons I know actually want their kids around, without the kids being a sponge, of course. I can see where the author(s) were going with the "quit being a leech and grow the F up" angle...but the rhymes were lacking and therefore not funny.
I don't have a problem with cursing in literature but I feel curse words should add something instead of the word "fuck" just thro
Amber
I received this volume in a First Reads giveaway.

This short parody of the infamous "Go the F*** to Sleep" explores the lives of parents who have to deal with their adult children who won't well...go the f**k away.

Some of the stanzas were really funny and cute and I caught myself laughing a few times but I also felt that some of the stanzs were missing some..oomph. Some I felt were awkward wounding and others I felt needed an additional rhyme to make the parody sound more like a verse.

It was s
Julie Smith
"We never saw a night alone. We never had coffee a deux. Yet we know how other parents live and what peace and quiet must be." -Mr. and Mrs. Edward Dickinson, parents of Emily.

"Story of my life! Whydya think I drink so much?" -Mrs. Irene Reilly, mother of Ignatius.

"Five daughters still at home? FIVE!? And one of them's Lydia! The only time we ever smile is while reading this book." -Mr. and Mrs. Bennet, parents of Elizabeth (et al).

"My Howie wouldn't just go and get his PhD, and now look! What t
Stevie Nillis
A really clever and cute parody of a parody-- based on Adam Mansbach's "Go the F**k to Sleep." I see this book as even more of a children's book for adults. An answer to what happens after your kid grows up ... and promptly moves back into your house. Couldn't be better done!
Tiffany
I won this book free through Goodreads. I'm a fan of Go the F*** To Sleep, and this was an amusing parody of it (a parody of a parody- what a concept). The stick figure drawings were hilarious. Let's all hope our children don't end up bothering us like this in our old age.
Madge
Jul 22, 2012 Madge rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
I got this book from a First Reads giveaway and read it aloud to my husband when I received it. We were both laughing our butts off as I went through it. If you need a good laugh, especially if you're a parent, I highly recommend this short little book.
Noran Miss Pumkin
received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads

Sorry-not even worth reviewing-1minutes read at best. illustrations of a 2year old-just trying to ride the shirt tails of Go the F*** To Sleep.
Lowell Davis
Feb 11, 2012 Lowell Davis rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people I don't particularly care for
Recommended to Lowell by: Free Kindle Book
An incredibly big ball of dumb.
Diyana
Sep 09, 2011 Diyana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: "For every parent who's ever suffered a moment's frustration with his or her darling child."
He he, it is sadly funny
Keri Rachal
Keri Rachal marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2012
Kel (Bookworm)
Kel (Bookworm) marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2011
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Sharen
Sharen marked it as to-read
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Crystal Hinners
Crystal Hinners marked it as to-read
J.D. Hollyfield
J.D. Hollyfield marked it as to-read
Anni
Anni marked it as to-read
Julia Davis
Julia Davis marked it as to-read
Diane Wilkes
Diane Wilkes marked it as to-read
Book Sniffers Anonymous
Book Sniffers Anonymous marked it as to-read
Rebia
Rebia marked it as to-read
Kristen N.
Kristen N. marked it as to-read
R.J. Murphy
R.J. Murphy marked it as to-read