Start by marking “Sex with the Ex” as Want to Read:
Sex with the Ex

Sex with the Ex

In a story that bubbles with energy and glamour, queen of the London party scene Tyne O'Connell asks: In passion (and fashion), should we ever go back?

Lola was the hottest publicist in London for one of the city's hippest members' clubs. She had fabulous friends, an apartment to die for—and her boss, Charlie, was the sweetest man alive. But as celebrity guests enjoyed her
Published October 1st 2005 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about Sex with the Ex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex with the Ex

Tatyanna
Oct 25, 2009 Tatyanna rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book because of the drama that existed between the main charcter and her life. The ex husband, the boss and the new interest. The twist at the end was suprising and really good. Also the plot in this book was really good. By the way, the ex husband was an ass. The internal conflict for this book was the main characters fight with herself. She believed she met the "one" for her but she let him go and she's fighting with herself trying to find out which one she should ebe with. ...more
Antof9
This is the "other" book I got from that book-of-the-month club thing before I had the wisdom to cancel it.

My review from BookCrossing:
Well, I did read this, as part of Ant's Chiclet Summer, and it was so forgettable I can't even remember what I wanted to journal about it!

I just remember I didn't like the main character at all -- she was rather pathetic, and I wanted someone to smack her and tell her to stop going back to that awful man!
Bruce Nordstrom
Feb 14, 2016 Bruce Nordstrom rated it did not like it
We all need to walk on the wild side occasionally. So I guess that is my excuse. I read a little bit about it, and it sounded good. And I got it cheap. By the time I reached page 50 I decided that I had better things to read, so I quit.

This book is just plain dull. It reads like a very boring telephone conversation. The other party keeps talking and talking, and never seems to say anything. And after about 5 minutes you wish they would shut the hell up.

I have forgotten most of the plot, and the
Chanpreet
Nov 11, 2011 Chanpreet rated it it was ok
I thought this book would be about a girl who decides to give it a go with three of her exes to see if she missed out on "The One." Instead it was about the bad choices a girl makes when she thinks one of her exes is the one. The blurb on the back of the book was very misleading. I could have enjoyed the book had I not wanted to hit the main female character over the head for keeping her head in the clouds for the majority of the book.
Deborah
Mar 14, 2012 Deborah rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
Meh... I didn't care about Lola, the protagonist, or any of the characters. Why she would want to remarry her ex with the drug problem I didn't understand at all! I only read the book to see how the hot mess would end. Jean, Lola's pet bunny, was the highlight of the book.
Kristina Jones
Sep 04, 2008 Kristina Jones rated it did not like it
Why do women continue to write female characters who are powerless and stupid? Do they really think that we can feel empowered by a women who can't see and inch in front of her? I would definitely NOT recommend this book to any smart women I know.
Candice
Aug 06, 2009 Candice rated it liked it
I'm just starting this one today. I've read it before but it's been awhile so I'll review later after I've read a little bit
Amy
Dec 02, 2009 Amy rated it it was ok
Never grew to like the main character and ended up skimming the book to see if I was right about who she'd end up with. I was.
Book Chat
Nov 09, 2012 Book Chat rated it it was amazing
The writing and wit in this book are highly entertaining, for a great read and something that will hold your interest, check out SEX WITH THE EX
Holly Morris
Holly Morris rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2014
Tppindfw
Tppindfw rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Marla
Marla rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Lesliealexis
Lesliealexis rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Giulia
Giulia rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2014
Roberta Piras
Roberta Piras rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2014
Alice Wilson
Alice Wilson rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Kristine Maria
Kristine Maria rated it liked it
May 26, 2016
Kath
Kath rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2009
Kathya Gómez
Kathya Gómez rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Reira
Reira rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2014
Kahla
Kahla rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2009
The Gov-ness
just a fun book. What I call an in betweener.
L. Fredrick
L. Fredrick rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Tyne O'Connell
Apr 24, 2011 Tyne O'Connell rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
java
java rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2007
Eric Hewitson
Eric Hewitson rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2014
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2011
Angie
Angie rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2011
Shanna
Shanna rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2012
  • Loose Screws
  • Tallulahland
  • Lucy's Launderette
  • Mean Season
  • Do They Wear High Heels in Heaven?
  • Dating Can Be Deadly
  • Scenes From A Holiday
  • Miss Bubbles Steals the Show
  • Seven Sunny Days
Tyne O’Connell is a bestselling British author. Her 13 novels have been published to great acclaim by Headline UK, Bloomsbury USA & other international publishing houses.

Her extraordinary life has been featured in TV documentaries & feature-spreads in Vogue UK, Elle and most UK broadsheets. Cassandra Jardine in The Daily Telegraph UK, hailed Tyne as "A modern day Elinor Glyn - the origina
More about Tyne O'Connell...