Start by marking “బారిష్టర్ పార్వతీశం [Barrister Parvateesam]” as Want to Read:
బారిష్టర్ పార్వతీశం [Barrister Parvateesam]

బారిష్టర్ పార్వతీశం [Barrister Parvateesam]

4.39  ·  Rating Details ·  1,457 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
First novel Describes the naive Parvateesam running away from home in Mogaliturru, a small town that he calls a "famous historical city" in the West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, in order to become a barrister. The novel depicts troubles he faced in dealing with other languages, the naive way he behaves with people from the outside world. It ends with his reaching s ...more
Unknown Binding
Published 1924

Challa Damodar hi renuka , go to scribd and there is free link for you
read it or download :)
or if you want to download…more
hi renuka , go to scribd and there is free link for you
read it or download :)
or if you want to download directly click this link to my google drive account you can download and then read :)
Patur Sahithya Link was expired kindly post the link again. Plz i have been searching for this book for so many daysss. i am too excited to read this book.

Harini
Dec 14, 2012 Harini rated it it was amazing
I read this book for the first time in 10th grade and absolutely loved it. Later I re-read it again and loved it even more. I have been searching for a english version of this book and hope to find it one fine day. This is an amazing piece of literature and one of the funniest novels I have ever read.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
బహుశా తెలుగులో "కనయాశులకం" తరువాత నాకు నచచిన పుసతకం "బారిషటర పారవతీశం". మూడు భాగాలను ఒకే పుసతకంలో (రంగుల చితరాలతో)2011 లో పరచురించటం జరిగింది. మొదటి భాగంలో పారవతీశం గురించి అతను ఇంగలాండ కు పరయాణానికి సిదధ మవటం వరకు రాయటం జరిగింది. రెండవ భాగంలో ఇంగలాడ విషయాలు అకకడి చదువు గురించి, యుదధ వాతావరణం పారవతీశం తిరిగి సవదేశానికి పరయాణం కావడం గురించి పరసతావిసతుంది. మూడవ భాగం అతని సొంత వూరిలో అతనికి లభించే పరధానయత అతని వివాహం మరియు వకాలతా, కోరటు వయవహారాలు మరియు సవతంతర ఉదయమంలో పాలగోవటం గురించి ఉంది. మూడు భాగ ...more
Deepthi
May 20, 2013 Deepthi rated it it was amazing
God Bless the teachers on AP Board who decided to include this book in the syllabus. An awesome book and you just cannot stop laughing reading the journey of this Barrister!
Sandeep
Feb 22, 2012 Sandeep rated it it was amazing
Amazing read.. The best of telugu novels out there, 10 pages a day brings out the mirth in you! :)
Saiswaroopa
Jan 07, 2013 Saiswaroopa rated it it was amazing
Best! Best! Best!
Avinash
Jun 22, 2013 Avinash rated it it was amazing
awesome book for ever and ever........ :)
read more than 100 times.
i started reading this book from my 9th standard.. within 1 day...
what a novel wow.
thank you narasimhasasthri garu thank you.
Dinakar
Oct 07, 2012 Dinakar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, telugu
As many others mentioned, I read this book first when I was in my 10th standard in school. That was an awesome experience then. later I bought this book recently again and read it. This time all the three parts were included in this new printed version. I felt mesmerized reading this book all over again after 11 years.
One may get bored in the later parts, but this is the best for the times this book is printed and for the following it has acquired through Radio and Weeklies. The pace of the book
Saikumar
Aug 08, 2014 Saikumar rated it really liked it
Really this book is amazing.I have read this book of 1st part in my tenth standard and recently I had read other 2 parts. The 1st part was humorous and 2nd and 3rd were not that much humorous but not boring and we can read once. The second and third parts contains about his studies in ENGLAND and his practice as a lawyer and freedom movement in our country.

Nisanth Chandra
Jan 23, 2015 Nisanth Chandra rated it liked it
There are a lot situations the lead character encounters new people,places and their customs. These situations will makes you smile.

We get to know the culture of Andhra people in the early half of 20th century.
Saisuneelh
Mar 17, 2014 Saisuneelh rated it it was amazing
I want to read it now in telugu
Chanakya
Nov 16, 2012 Chanakya rated it really liked it
Funny !! Depicts quite realistic point of view of the period in context in a humour associated way.
Anirudh Mangipudi
Aug 11, 2013 Anirudh Mangipudi rated it it was amazing
A book that will beat all your limits of laughter. Thanks for my board for including it in my syllabus without which I would have never read it.
Sushmitha
Jun 11, 2014 Sushmitha rated it it was amazing
One of the best, funniest novel. A childhood memory to cherish forever!
Bharathi Thadigotla
Oct 02, 2016 Bharathi Thadigotla rated it it was amazing
Read it because , its a nondetail telugu text book for 10th class. But funny and humourous
Satyasai Krishna
Dec 03, 2016 Satyasai Krishna rated it it was amazing
Great book to read
Haarika Yerubandi
Mar 03, 2017 Haarika Yerubandi rated it it was amazing
This is worth reading , i really loved it. I could look into the lifestyle and working conditions of people between 1913 to 1925. Such a lovely book, i will treasure this reading experience all my life <3 <3
Arun Shourie
Nov 27, 2015 Arun Shourie rated it it was amazing
This was the first Novel i read as far as i remember and though it is nearly 100 years old, the simple humour/comedy of the book is what i still cherish. I do read this book very often in bits and pieces what ever i feel like reading again and again. The story is set in early 20th century wherein A brahmin boy born in an Arthodox family ventures in to doing Barrister in UK and the situations and people which he encountered while travelling to UK and his studies at Britain and his life after retu ...more
Sayee Peeveeyes
I read this novel some two or three years back. it is a good novel depicting the life and lives of the Telugu people who had to go to England either for studies or for profession. My only amazement of this novel is why this novel has been labelled as a COMEDY Novel. There is little comedy except the stark reality of life.
Sruthi
Aug 17, 2015 Sruthi rated it really liked it
I came across this book during my 10th standard. This book was a part of 10th academic syllabus then. In our syllabus they have included only the part where Parvateesam travels from India to England, I was eager to know how did he survive in England and how did he become "Barrister" Parvateesam. This one is quite a page turner. The author has built the character of Parvateesam very well. The character, Parvateesam, makes us laugh at his silliness, pity his naveity..! Quite an entertainer..! Thou ...more
sravan kumar
Jan 13, 2016 sravan kumar rated it really liked it
This book is really an eye opener for me. I knew that our ancestors faced difficulties but this book told me about those difficulties clearly. I was also amused by the fact that our currency has a lot more value than it has now. Parvateesam just spent 10k rupees for his trip to england in 3 yrs. I spend 10k when I want to have a round trip from my college to my home. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Anirudh Palle
Apr 11, 2014 Anirudh Palle rated it it was amazing
The author is so full of humour, he makes you laugh at the silliest things. The protagonist is an innocent and sometimes almost stupid teen who sets out to London from a small village in India to pursue law as his career. It portrays, also, snapshots of social and cultural aspects and taboos in India before independence. If you can read Telugu then start immediately and appreciate the rib tickling sarcasm. Hats off to the author!
Sivakumar
Feb 03, 2017 Sivakumar rated it it was amazing
I am alr day read in tenth class
Soma
Nov 25, 2014 Soma rated it it was amazing
A good one... Comedy, innocence, intelligence
Sometimes we see ourselves doing things in the books it is just amazing how the writer depicts typical life style of a common man globalising himself
During my first assignment abroad I felt many things reflecting from the book.
Baji
Karun Royal
nothing
Roja Shyam
Feb 21, 2014 Roja Shyam rated it it was amazing
i love to read comic books
  • బుడుగు
  • కన్యాశుల్కం (Kanyasulkam)
  • మిథునం [Midhunam]
  • Attagari Kathalu (అత్తగారి కథలు)
  • మ్యూజింగ్స్ [Musings]
  • అభిలాష [Abhilasha]
  • మా దిగువ గోదారి కథలు (Maa Diguva Godari Kathalu)
  • గణపతి(Ganapathi)