Studio Spaces: Projects, Inspiration & Ideas for Your Creative Place

Studio Spaces: Projects, Inspiration & Ideas for Your Creative Place

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Create, update, and organize your creative workspace

With the economy still in a slump, handmade isn't going anywhere. In the online and print crafting worlds, craft and art studios and workspaces are extremely popular topics--and storage and organization is a perennially hot topic. Combining the two brings together the best of both worlds in a collection of inspiration, ho

Published December 9th 2011 by Better Homes & Gardens

Emily
I rarely read craft books from cover to cover, genuinely reading every page, but I did with this one. There is a lot going on here. The very beginning has profiles of several professional designers or crafters and their studio space. There are also some redesigns of general household spaces, sections on creating crafting space in closets, rooms with another main purpose, a rolling cart, or other ideas. The biggest thing the book has going for it is lots of creative inspiration for craft storage...more
Trish
Jan 23, 2013 Trish rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Non-Fiction/Arts & Crafts
4 stars

Studio Spaces invites you into the crafting studios of six working artists. Through the pages of this book, you will see different storage and organization ideas that can help you tackle your own space.

With many photographs and descriptions of how they utilize their studio space, what I enjoyed the most is how they incorporated the rooms to function amongst their family. These are not areas tucked away in the dark corners of their homes, but right out in the o...more
Deb Zdenek
This little book is full of beautiful photos, great projects and wonderful ideas for setting up your own creative space. I intend to use quite a few of the ideas myself.
Marcy Graybill
Pretty pictures and good ideas, but nothing stands out at new or revolutionary.
Will
Wow.
Lots of cluttered, colorful rooms and objects. Most of it made out of cheap materials, and I don't mean that in a good way. Most of these rooms and ideas were the same from page to page. So much color. My eyes are burning. I find it hard to believe that many people will find much inspiration here.

Don't touch my creative place.
Susan
This book is visually inspiring. Anyone with a hobby knows that having an organized space with tools and supplies easily accessible and sufficient workspace is essential. Most of the organizational options can be found at Ikea or The Container Store.
Mary Lynn
Highly recommended for people who want to get all of their crafting junk under control! Also recommended for people who would like to organize a beautiful home office or workspace. Many of the ideas would work well in a kitchen or playroom.
K.E.
It had some great ideas for transforming small spaces and organizing a home office, however, I really didn't like the style choices. The schemes were very mod and "fluffy" for my tastes but, again, good ideas to perhaps impose my own style with.
Peggy
There were some clever ideas here and some room for thought, but nothing amazingly different. The studios are awesome - but do people really work in them?
Belinda
Excellent ideas for organizing craft and/or work space. Repurposing/recycling ideas too. I will want to look at it again and again!
Wendy
I love some of the ideas in this book and found it a good read. It was not how ever one of my favorite craft books.
Barbara
Excellent. Great ideas for decorating, organizing. Inexpensive solutions. Craft ideas. Clever resuse of objects.
Kris
Oh, I am in love with some of these spaces... especially Jean Wells' studio. Wow.
Melody Heck
Great book full of creative ideas for all fellow needleworkers and crafters!
Nikki DeOliviera
Excellent!
Marley
Marley added it
May 25, 2014
Samantha Trunz
Samantha Trunz marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Brittany Paulin
Brittany Paulin marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Better Homes and Gardens is the fourth best selling magazine in the United States. Better Homes and Gardens focuses on interests regarding homes, cooking, gardening, crafts, healthy living, decorating, and entertaining. The magazine is published 12 times per year by the Meredith Corporation. It was founded in 1922 by Edwin Meredith, who had previously been the United States Secretary of Agricultur...more
More about Better Homes and Gardens...
Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book  New Decorating Book, 10th Edition (Better Homes and Gardens) Complete Guide to Quilting (Better Homes and Gardens) 501 Quilt Blocks: A Treasury of Patterns for Patchwork & Applique 2001 Cross Stitch Designs:: The Essential Reference Book (Better Homes and Gardens)