Start by marking “Studio Spaces: Projects, Inspiration & Ideas for Your Creative Place” as Want to Read:
Studio Spaces: Projects, Inspiration & Ideas for Your Creative Place

Studio Spaces: Projects, Inspiration & Ideas for Your Creative Place

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Create, update, and organize your creative workspace

With the economy still in a slump, handmade isn't going anywhere. In the online and print crafting worlds, craft and art studios and workspaces are extremely popular topics--and storage and organization is a perennially hot topic. Combining the two brings together the best of both worlds in a collection of inspiration, ho

Published December 9th 2011 by Better Homes & Gardens

To ask other readers questions about Studio Spaces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Studio Spaces

Emily
Feb 15, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
I rarely read craft books from cover to cover, genuinely reading every page, but I did with this one. There is a lot going on here. The very beginning has profiles of several professional designers or crafters and their studio space. There are also some redesigns of general household spaces, sections on creating crafting space in closets, rooms with another main purpose, a rolling cart, or other ideas. The biggest thing the book has going for it is lots of creative inspiration for craft storage ...more
Trish
Jan 23, 2013 Trish rated it really liked it
Non-Fiction/Arts & Crafts
4 stars

Studio Spaces invites you into the crafting studios of six working artists. Through the pages of this book, you will see different storage and organization ideas that can help you tackle your own space.

With many photographs and descriptions of how they utilize their studio space, what I enjoyed the most is how they incorporated the rooms to function amongst their family. These are not areas tucked away in the dark corners of their homes, but right out in the o
Deb
Jun 11, 2014 Deb rated it really liked it
This little book is full of beautiful photos, great projects and wonderful ideas for setting up your own creative space. I intend to use quite a few of the ideas myself.
Marcy Graybill
May 27, 2014 Marcy Graybill rated it liked it
Pretty pictures and good ideas, but nothing stands out at new or revolutionary.
Will
Jun 14, 2012 Will rated it did not like it
Wow.
Lots of cluttered, colorful rooms and objects. Most of it made out of cheap materials, and I don't mean that in a good way. Most of these rooms and ideas were the same from page to page. So much color. My eyes are burning. I find it hard to believe that many people will find much inspiration here.

Don't touch my creative place.
Susan
Aug 19, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sewing, organization
This book is visually inspiring. Anyone with a hobby knows that having an organized space with tools and supplies easily accessible and sufficient workspace is essential. Most of the organizational options can be found at Ikea or The Container Store.
Mary Lynn
Jul 05, 2012 Mary Lynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: design-decor
Highly recommended for people who want to get all of their crafting junk under control! Also recommended for people who would like to organize a beautiful home office or workspace. Many of the ideas would work well in a kitchen or playroom.
K.E.
Jan 07, 2013 K.E. rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction-adult
It had some great ideas for transforming small spaces and organizing a home office, however, I really didn't like the style choices. The schemes were very mod and "fluffy" for my tastes but, again, good ideas to perhaps impose my own style with.
Melissa
May 30, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
This is an inspiring book. Yes, some of the features are beyond my means to be able to do, but others are simple and down-to-earth. I especially like the vintage styled rooms/crafts and unique container ideas.
Peggy
Dec 11, 2012 Peggy rated it liked it
There were some clever ideas here and some room for thought, but nothing amazingly different. The studios are awesome - but do people really work in them?
Belinda
Jan 16, 2012 Belinda rated it really liked it
Excellent ideas for organizing craft and/or work space. Repurposing/recycling ideas too. I will want to look at it again and again!
Wendy
Aug 30, 2012 Wendy rated it liked it
I love some of the ideas in this book and found it a good read. It was not how ever one of my favorite craft books.
Barbara
Oct 03, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: decorating
Excellent. Great ideas for decorating, organizing. Inexpensive solutions. Craft ideas. Clever resuse of objects.
Kris
Apr 07, 2012 Kris rated it really liked it
Oh, I am in love with some of these spaces... especially Jean Wells' studio. Wow.
Melody Heck
Jan 25, 2012 Melody Heck rated it really liked it
Great book full of creative ideas for all fellow needleworkers and crafters!
Nikki DeOliviera
Jan 06, 2013 Nikki DeOliviera rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Excellent!
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Erick Walker
Erick Walker marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Terri Stovall
Terri Stovall rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Mary Lou
Mary Lou rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Laura Russell
Laura Russell rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Cheyenne Sutton
Cheyenne Sutton rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Edica Philbert-John
Edica Philbert-John rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Karyn
Karyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Hillary
Hillary rated it it was ok
Nov 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Better Homes and Gardens is the fourth best selling magazine in the United States. Better Homes and Gardens focuses on interests regarding homes, cooking, gardening, crafts, healthy living, decorating, and entertaining. The magazine is published 12 times per year by the Meredith Corporation. It was founded in 1922 by Edwin Meredith, who had previously been the United States Secretary of Agricultur ...more
More about Better Homes and Gardens...