Start by marking “Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Saga #5)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Saga #5)

Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Saga #5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  2,076 ratings  ·  57 reviews
The new blockbuster from one of the world's greatest storytellers delves into the life of Emma Harte—the original Woman of Substance—and the ambitious, passionate, and volatile women of the next generations.

Evan Hughes, Emma's American great-granddaughter, is trying to integrate into the powerful Harte family. She is caught between her estranged parents, her new family, an
Published October 4th 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published July 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Blessings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Blessings

Sruthi Chandran
A Woman of Substance and Emma Harte really influenced me. I did not intend to read the others in the series simply because there will not be "True Emma Harte" in those.
But somehow I got hold of this book and read through. I found it too much difficult in remembering who is whose son/daughter/cousin etc.
But I did enjoy and envy the strong bonding between the siblings/cousins of the Harte family.
Lexi

I finished this book before I went on vacation last week, on Saturday the 9th. I just didn't have time to write the review before I left because I LITERALLY finished the book a few minutes before heading to the airport to catch my flight to Ohio. And, over my vacation, I was too busy being a camel for my niece to ride on, shopping with my sister and mother at Ikea, and going out to eat with my family to have time to get to it. So, here I am, reviewing the book a week and a half later, which is r
Deborah
I never intended to read this series beyond the first book but I saw this one at a used book store for $0.80 and figured what the heck. I considered not finishing the book but endured. It got mildly interesting by page 300. Tessa’s story and the brief tie in to the 9/11 terrorist attacks were the most interesting yet still not good. The other story lines were a total bore. Why do the Hartes sleep with and marry their second cousins?!! A Woman of Substance was one of the most memorable stories I ...more
Mel Raschke
Not a book I would pick for myself. It was a gift. I have never read anything by this author. The covers are not interesting to me. I was surprised that this held my interest on a long car ride.
Tanya
Apr 25, 2014 Tanya added it
Very well written, Set in a time when fashion and family ties was highly valued. plan to complete all of the saga.
Suzanne
Had not read this author and I enjoyed this book. I will look for her other books.
Betty
Just couldn't get back into her writing style......oh well.
℘~®~i~ ツ
Great book.. A lot going on, but not every story within this book has a definite ending, which I kind of like. It combines the lives of the four Harte sisters perfectly.. There's a certain flow in the book and while reading the book, you don't feel like there's a drastic change in its course. It's touching, full of emotions, like all of Barbara Taylor Bradford's books.. and makes you want to be a part of the characters' lives. A good read, and though I'm not much of a fan of 'romantic' books, I ...more
Stephanie Benoit
I am enjoying the continuing saga of Emma Hart. One has to start with the beginning book, Woman of Substance, to enjoy this I believe.
Joanne Heim
I love this series of books! So glad to have discovered them after loving the first book for so long!
Diane Wallace
excellent follow-up..
Andrew
A very good book, sheer escapism, definitely recommend.
Sidna
This is the fifth and, as I understand it, last book in Bradford's series about Emma Harte and her descendants. This one features her grandchildren.

If you like to read family sagas and romance, I recommend this series starting with A Woman of Substance. I don't know that you would really enjoy this book as stand alone if you haven't read any of the others.

Not great literature, but a fun read if you like romance novels.
Dawn
Love this series.
Tristan
I can't seem to get past the first 100 pages of this book. The book started with four and a quarter pages of an intertwined family tree for three clans. That was my first turn off. The story seems weak and the characters are not developed well. There are too many characters. I don't even feel bad for not finishing.
Carol
I enjoyed this fifth and, I believe final, book in Barbara Taylor Bradford's series, "The Emma Harte Saga." This fifth book, "Unexpected Blessings, " continues the stories of the difficulties and trials in the lives of Linnet, Evan, Tessa, and Gideon. The spirit of Emma Harte continues to stream throughout each tribulation.
Pilbara Girl
Enjoyed the beginning with the kidnapping, which I thought would be the main event of the book, but it was over in a few pages. And still the evil one hasn't struck - not much of a masterplan villain is he!
Did enjoy the rest of the book, easy to read and onto Just Rewards now.
Connie
5th in Emmar Harte series. This was mostly about Evan, Linnett, India and Tessa. It appears everyone is getting married. Jonathon wasn't in this one as much, but Tessa has met a Frenchman and plans to marry him even though a bit older then her. I think she might move to France.
Kristen
This is a great new book in the Emma Harte series, when there's four others and a new one next summer, to follow and conclude the saga, once and for all. Great romance, drama, and lots of bits and action for a good read. You'll enjoy this next book in the series.
Pbwritr
I don't know how she is a bestselling author. Poorly drawn characters. Overly dramatized--most of the writing was "telling," not showing. Very annoying. Too much telling the reader how we should feel about the characters, especially her "villains."
Kitty
A third generation of strong women continue as a force to be reckoned with. Unexpected twists in the storyline kept me engrossed. Not high drama, but continued interest generated. More turtle than hare, but a good read.
Myrna
I loved this book ... fun continuation of the Emma Harte Saga. My only complaint was a couple of "R-rated" scenes in the book. I always wish the writer would leave a little more to the imagination rather than be so descriptive.
Taryn
Jun 25, 2013 Taryn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Taryn by: Gina
i thought this book was alright. its deffenetly not what i usually read. its very gossip/drama orientated with a side of fashion and glam. lots of family drama and people getting married, engaged and split-up.
Anne Marie
A nice continuation to the Woman of Substance series of books. I really wish these last few books had a movie to go with them! Currently waiting for the movie to come in the mail from A Woman of Substance.
Joyce
During her Grandmother's final moments Glynnis tells her Grand-daughter Evan to go to London and find Emma Harte. Little does Evan know what is in store for her and the family secrets she will uncover.
Julie
Apr 07, 2014 Julie marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
A continuation of a family saga with a chart in the front of the many characters. Much detail about food and decor made it slow-paced, with a few exciting details mixed in. I stopped after 150 pages.
Jen
Sep 08, 2007 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fiction
Really enjoyed this book, it is part of a series and I plan to read the rest of the books now. About a woman who grew up in US that travels to England to reconnect with her grandmother's past.
Ashley
I did not finish reading this book. The character development was decent, but the plot was not exciting at all to me. I think there are many better books to read than this one!
Carol
She writes exceptional books. This is one continuing with the Emma Harte family. I thought it was great. Could not stop reading it. Highly recomment anything she wrties.
  • Deceptions
  • Blessings
  • Impossible
  • Farther Afield (Fairacre, #11)
  • Village Matters (Tales from Turnham Malpas #3)
  • An Accidental Woman
  • Bright Captivity (Georgia Trilogy, #1)
  • Summer's Child
  • Family Blessings
  • Texas Heat (Texas, #2)
  • Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2)
Barbara Taylor Bradford is the author of 30 bestselling novels, including The Cavendon Women, Cavendon Hall, and The Ravenscar Dynasty. She was born in Leeds, England, and from an early age, she was a voracious reader: at age 12, she had already read all of Dickens and the Brontë sisters. By the age of twenty, she was an editor and columnist on Fleet Street. She published her first novel, A Woman ...more
More about Barbara Taylor Bradford...

Emma Harte Saga (7 books)
  • A Woman of Substance (Emma Harte Saga #1)
  • Hold the Dream (Emma Harte Saga #2)
  • To Be the Best  (Emma Harte Saga #3)
  • Emma's Secret (Emma Harte Saga #4)
  • Just Rewards (Emma Harte Saga #6)
  • Breaking the Rules (Emma Harte Saga #7)
A Woman of Substance (Emma Harte Saga #1) Hold the Dream (Emma Harte Saga #2) To Be the Best  (Emma Harte Saga #3) Emma's Secret (Emma Harte Saga #4) A Sudden Change of Heart

“The past was always there, lived inside of you, and it helped to make you who you were. But it had to be placed in perspective. The past could not dominate the future.” 46 likes
“Life was life. It happened. You never knew what was going to come at you. Or how you could defend yourself.” 14 likes