Start by marking “The Earl and His Tiger (Red-Hot Regency)” as Want to Read:
The Earl and His Tiger (Red-Hot Regency)

The Earl and His Tiger (Red-Hot Regency)

Stranded during a snowstorm, the rakish Earl of Stanton is staggered to discover that his sturdy "tiger" - an elite Regency groom - is actually a female in disguise.

Being a duke’s daughter had brought Lady Jane de Montfort nothing but misery and the prospect of a loveless marriage. So she had run away to pursue the only passion she had ever known – a love of horses!

As ma
Published by Thimblerig Books (first published August 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Earl and His Tiger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earl and His Tiger

A Lot like Love by Julie JamesThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonEleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLeanCall Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsJust Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
2011 Romance
305th out of 393 books — 829 voters
It Happened One Autumn by Lisa KleypasWhen He Was Wicked by Julia QuinnOne Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLeanThen Came You by Lisa KleypasStranger in My Arms by Lisa Kleypas
Earl, Sizzles!
128th out of 150 books — 53 voters

More lists with this book...

Linda
Jul 02, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
This book was a quick read and very enjoyable; Lady Jane de Montfort escapes her home and machinations of her stepmother and takes on the life of a London groom and tiger. She eventually winds up in the employ of he Earl of Stanton, who accidentally discovers her secret , she is not amount boy!
He finds himself enraptured by her and having difficulty keeping his hands to himself.

I am not a spoiler fan so will leave It at that except to say well written , intresting characters and enjoyable story
Cody Young
Aug 22, 2011 Cody Young rated it it was amazing
I loved the hook in this story - an earl who falls in love with his saucy little groom once he wakes up to the fact that he, I mean she, is a woman. The hero, known to his friends as Stanton, is very dashing and I loved the way that he becomes more romantic and more vulnerable as the story goes on. The heroine is makes a fine 'tiger' and I enjoyed the 'revealing' scene where she can no longer conceal her gender from the hero. The author is obviously extremely knowledgeable about the Regency peri ...more
Lyre
Jun 03, 2016 Lyre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must say the author provide a most delightful hero here. Stanton, both elegance and vulgarity, wise and humour. As for the plot, there were some vulnerabilities in it, the heroine's brother was blind for no reason, if not the hero, the heroine's family would never be back to normal.
Traci
Feb 16, 2016 Traci rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wasted idea

The conceit for this story had a lot of potential. But it was needlessly wordy, poorly paced, repetitive, underdeveloped and a lot of other things a good editor could have fixed. I found myself skipping chunks ahead and not feeling an urge to go back to find out where a new character came from and how he/she fit in. Even the sex-related scenes were poorly paced. I say "sex-related" because the characters spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about it -- and the reader is stuck h
Kay Bolton
I am afraid it was lacking the essentials. It felt like a facsimile of Georgette Heyer's 'These Old Shades'; and not a good one. Just like it is wrong to try and sing a Celine Dion hit, so it is wrong to try and undertake a Georgette Heyer-esque book without the talent to pull it off. It takes a brave and talented writer to do that.

It would have scored a 3 star rating, but "gotten" reared up and bit this books's rating on the bottom and knocked it down to 2 stars after some thought.

I don't think
Lourdes
Sep 15, 2012 Lourdes rated it it was ok
For me this was a new take in the old girl dressed as boy scheme, fresh and original but I wasn't crazy about. In my opinion there are too many 21st century terminologies and references to make it a believable regency story. At times I felt I was reading a thoroughly modern novel in which the heroine was forced to wear a corset.
Vittoria
Mar 17, 2012 Vittoria rated it it was ok
Second of today's very silly books. What can I say in my defence? Maybe the spring. I really can't make any comment to the story. It's just appallingly stupid!! And I read it. Can you imagine in what state I must be?
Verity W
Apr 08, 2012 Verity W rated it it was ok
I blame nightshift brain for this one entirely. Utterly mindless, and utterly predictable, this is amongst the more far fetched of my recent Regency reads. I need say no more.
Donna
Feb 05, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
Good story. Not as well written as Cheryl Bolen.
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2016
Penelope J McDonald
Penelope J McDonald rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Alice
Alice rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Christopher Douglas
Christopher Douglas rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Jen B
Jen B added it
Jul 23, 2016
Myra
Myra rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Ashley Qualls
Ashley Qualls rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Marsha Jess
Marsha Jess rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2016
Naomi Boom
Naomi Boom rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Fabiana Alvarez
Fabiana Alvarez marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Katie Griffin
Katie Griffin rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Mary Dulaney
Mary Dulaney marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Erin robinson
Erin robinson rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
MomRocks!
MomRocks! rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Staplegun
Staplegun rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Brittany Farrell
Brittany Farrell marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Colleen Davis
Colleen Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Kit Sheehan
Kit Sheehan rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • What an Earl Wants
  • My Wicked Earl
  • The Beast of Bath: A Regency Fairytale
  • The Wedding Wager
  • Hot Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #3)
  • A Christmas Baby (Rogues Club, #4)
  • The Wicked Earl  (Harlequin Historical Series, #843)
  • An Angel for the Earl
  • Rules of Passion (Greentree Sisters, #2)
  • A Proper Mistress (Proper Series, #2)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Courting Claudia
  • Just One Look
  • Madame's Deception (Mistress Trilogy, #2)
  • The Earl with the Secret Tattoo (House of Brady, #1.5)
  • A Promise of More (The Disgraced Lords, #2)
  • Eden's Pleasure (House of Pleasure, #0.5)
  • Beauty and the Earl (The Pleasure Wars, #3)
I also write historicals as Victoria Lamb, romcoms as Beth Good, thrillers as Jane Holland, and NEW FOR 2016, doggy fiction as Hannah Coates, with a feel-good Christmas novel, BERTIE'S GIFT, out October 2016.

If you have enjoyed my Elizabeth Moss stories, why not try some of my other types of books? My #1 bestselling book is GIRL NUMBER ONE (did you see what I did there?) written under my real name
More about Elizabeth Moss...