Start by marking “The Wrong Husband (Nebraska Historicals)” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Husband (Nebraska Historicals)

The Wrong Husband (Nebraska Historicals)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  443 ratings  ·  29 reviews
After winning back the money his uncle gambled, Owen gives it to his aunt. But Big Roy isn't happy, and he sends men to kill Owen. Owen flees to Nebraska where he finds a Wanted poster seeking his arrest. Scared, he plays along with the sheriff who thinks he's Irving, the new deputy. Irving was to marry Jenny Larson and since she's pretty, Owen plays along. But then Irving ...more
ebook
Published May 7th 2010 by Smashwords (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Wrong Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrong Husband

Jenn
What I liked:
1. Jenny. What a great female lead. She wasn't a wimp and had a back bone. She fought for what she wanted with her inner spirit and strength. She even was brave in the face of danger and fought there too. She knew what she wanted from Owen and set about getting it. She was awesome.

2. Owen (for the most part). I really liked how he was a great family man. Sweet, sincere, loving and funny. He was so good to Jenny and Jeremy. He was a good guy to all around him. He finally faced his fe
Donna
I enjoyed reading this well written story. The characters are ones that you can care about, they make you want everything to work out for them.

Owen Russell is in deep trouble. In order to save his aunt from poverty due to a bad gambling problem his uncle had, he wins back the money from the group of gamblers and returns it to her. Realizing that they want to kill him, he flees from Louisiana to Nebraska where he runs into the sheriff who mistakes him for Irving Spencer who signed up to be his de
Judy
I love the personalities of Ruth's characters.

Jenny Larson never expected any type of marriage after she chose to say yes to Clyde when she should have said no. She found herself pregnant and alone. Now five years later Clyde has come for marriage and to be a father, five years to late. She don't trust why he is here and agrees to a marriage of convenience when Sheriff Meyer offers to set up a with his cousin. When she marries Owen, thinking he's Irving, she finds herself wishing for more. This
Terree
I like the story line, and I like the characters... its a quick fictional read. the problem I have with all of Ms Nordin's books is that she either doesn't do enough research or her editor does no editing at all. When I come across current slang in books set in the 1870's it stops me cold. I am the type of person who emerses myself in a book and sees the book I'm reading as a movie... so when the character in the 1870's says "guilt-trip" or a 7 year old continuously says that's gross... it reall ...more
ValeriGail
What a Delightful read! Just want I needed at the time.
This is the fifth book I’ve read in Ruth Ann Nordin’s Nebraska Romance series, (eye of the Beholder, His redeeming Bride, Loving Eliza, A bride for Tom)and just like the other four, I loved it! Ruth has a way of transporting you away from your day to day, into the world of her characters with ease. I could feel the dust from the wagon driven streets, hear the swish of skirts, the neigh of horses, and the clunk of the sheriff’s boots!
I alwa
Judy Lavik
The Wrong Husband, a dash of slapstick comedy added to your daily dose of romance.

Owen is wanted by the law. He's also being hunted by the bad guy known as Big Roy. So when he's mistaken for the new deputy, it seems like a great way to hide. Even better when he discovers the deputy is expected to marry the prettiest girl he's ever seen. She comes with an illegitimate son whose deadbeat dad suddenly wants him in the worst way.
Gretchen Fatouros
Love Ruth Ann Nordin's books and this series - mostly of the Larson family...

This is the best order to read these in (per Ruth Ann Nordin's website 05/14):

1 - Her Heart’s Desire (Nebraska Book 1) – Sally Larson’s romance
2 - A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Book 2) – Tom Larson’s romance
3 - A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Book 3) – Joseph Conneally’s romance
4- Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Book 4) – Dave Larson and Mary’s first book
5 - The Wrong Husband (Nebraska Book 5) – Jenny Larson’s romance
6 - Sho
Layla
This book is really lightweight compared to the excellent Eye of the Beholder and good His Redeeming Bride

Owen starts well, helping his aunt, but soon the story becomes quite farcical. While I really liked the relationship between Owen and Jenny and her little boy, there was no real depth to any of it. Disappointing based on the previous family stories.

I felt that it was a lost opportunity to develop Jenny's story seriously as the idea of her finding happiness with Owen could have been as reward
Pam
Jenny has disgraced her family by getting involved with a man prior to marriage and ends up with an out-of-wedlock child. She is determined to raise him by herself by sewing and not to mind the whispers of the townspeople. She finds herself married to keep her ex-boyfriend from hurting her. Can it work?
Karen Wilson
Enjoying reading Ruths books - but the time line can be somewhat confusing. I think that the various shorter length books, could well have been incorporated into a more intricate novel, with more than one story line taking place at the same time........especially when the same time frame is being used.

I think an 'early learner' when it comes to being a writer - but certainly has kept me interested.......I now need a break from reading these books - 'too much of a similarity between them at the m
 Gigi Ann
Owen the "hero" was rather likable, rather funny and just a nice kind of guy. He wasn't what you would call a 'perfect' hero as heros go, but he was a fun one. No matter how much he tried to do what was right, trouble seemed to follow him.

I liked the storyline, and the author does a good job of describing the characters and places. I could picture the places and actions in my mind.

It was a light fluffy read, but a fun escape into the old west. If you want something deep to read, skip this one. I
Karen
LOL!! The story made me laugh, liked it a lot
Contessa
I loved this book! It was the most believable of the stories I had read thus far (I read this before Neil Craftsman's two books). The only problem I had was laughing out loud at the idea of a crime fighter who caught criminals with a fishing rod. It seemed a little over the top. But the story was well written, with well-rounded characters. Jenny is one of my favorite characters from the Larson family.
Katy Beth Mckee
This is a sweet tale of love and redemption. Jenny made a mistake and is now afraid of what will come next. In an attempt to right a wrong Owen's life as come apart at the seams. These two are meant for each other.
The were a few times that the story seemed to drag just a bit but the overall story made it well worth the effort.
Amanda Lane
I love this story. Very good story line on this one. You kind of know what to expect based on the title and how the story starts out but the details are great. I kept thinking when will it come out. How will it come out. Will it be too late. Couldn't put it down.
Jody
Good story! I can't believe that people thought he was the big bad sherriff's deputy and he was really just a fisher man. Jenny deserved this chance at happiness. Glad she stood up to her brothers when they wanted to believe the worst. And he did try to tell her who he really was.
Lillie
This is a sweet story of a man who gets in trouble, first trying to recoup his aunt's money and second, trying to stay alive as a consequence of the first. It's a humorous, light story, but it also deals with issues of right and wrong, truth and lies.
Dora Okeyo
I am a fan of Ruth Nordin, and it's because her novels have such stories that are well woven. You just can't stop reading her book, this one was a great read too.
Shelley Chastagner
Sweet and funny. Reminded me of the old corny westerns. There are a couple of intimate adult scense so this in an adult only read.
Missy
A wonderful sweet story.....just adore the author's fun witty style and wonderful characters.
Laura YA indie princess
loved it sooooooooooo much. Ruth ann Nordin is fast becoming one of my favourite authors to read.
Brianne
Book #6 of 2011 - This series just gets better and better! Love it!
Bethenia Dixon
My favorite of Ruth Ann Nordin's books so far.
Rosen Jasmin
amazing story! funny also, captive. luv it
Arieana
another love story from Ruth Ann.
Krista
Nov 28, 2010 Krista marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
nook book
Martha
Sep 01, 2011 Martha marked it as won-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
Nook.
  • Her Secondhand Groom (The Grooms, #3)
  • The Most Unsuitable Wife (Kincaids, #1)
  • The Changeling Bride (Timeswept) (Heartspell)
  • Say You Love Me
  • To Love a Stranger (Wyoming #4)
  • Montana Bride
  • McCade's Way
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
  • Sing My Name
  • Rocky Mountain Oasis (The Shepherd's Heart, #1)
  • The Earl's Untouched Bride
  • Short Straw Bride
  • Beauty for Ashes
  • Shotgun Grooms
  • Nothing To Commend Her
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • His Lady Mistress
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...

Nebraska Historicals (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Wagon Trail Bride (Nebraska Historicals)
  • Her Heart's Desire (Nebraska Historicals, #1)
  • A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals, #2)
  • A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals, #3)
  • Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals, #4)
  • Shotgun Groom (Nebraska Historicals, #6)
  • To Have and to Hold (Nebraska Historicals, #7)
  • His Redeeming Bride (Nebraska Historicals, #8)
  • Forever Yours (Nebraska Historicals)
  • Isaac's Decision (Nebraska Historicals, #9)
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage By Scandal, #1) A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals, #2) A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals, #3) Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals, #4) Suddenly a Bride (Across the Stars, #1)