Start by marking “Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose” as Want to Read:
Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose

Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  2,908 ratings  ·  78 reviews
This book will show you how to train your mouth to speak words that will make you overcomers in this life. It emphasizes that speaking the Word of God must be coupled with living a life of complete obedience in order to see the power of God flow.
Published October 1st 2002 by FaithWords (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Me and My Big Mouth!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me and My Big Mouth!

Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisEdna in the Desert by Maddy LedermanThe Book of Occult by Simon W. ClarkAfter Forever Ends by Melodie Ramone
Top Reads
198th out of 373 books — 265 voters
Gently Awakened by Sara  JosephMore Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowellAnchored in Light by Carl Prude  Jr.The Holy Spirit by Susan RohrerA Heart Of Stone by Amanda Springer
Christian Nonfiction, worth reading
7th out of 58 books — 37 voters

More lists with this book...

Gina Paoletto
This is a book everyone should read. Anything that offends God in our conversation needs to be eliminated. Just as natural babies must learn to speak the language of their elders, so Christians must learn how to talk Gods way.
Denise
I am a talker (professional speaker and official "chatty Cathy"). The Bible tells us very clearly that there is power in our words. Learn how to tame the most dangerous instrument in your body!
Alexxus
I actually have been reading this as of 2013, but I didn't want it appearing on my 30 book goal page as being read since I did not finish it, so I listed it as finished the last day of 2012.
I'm all for positive speaking and I do believe it has an effect on our lives, but this book is *very* Word of Faith and annoyed me very quickly. The book was boring, too. I just could not finish it. I definitely do not recommend it. This book is now in the resale shop pile.
Eva Marie
Apr 05, 2009 Eva Marie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all those who have a negative mind
This book spoke to me personally and how my language was so negative. I grew up in a negative atmosphere and this book taught me how to become more positive through my words. I really should read it again.
Raeliza
La solución a tus problemas esta en tu boca y solo con la ayuda de Dios puede controlar su boca.

"Usted y yo tenemos un importante poder (como el fuego, la electricidad, o la energía nuclear), justo debajo de nuestra nariz, o sea en nuestra boca; poder que dependiendo de como se use, puede causar la vida o la muerte".
-Joyce Meyer
Colleen Rue
I love Joyce Meyer!!!This book really helped me alot!I don't always watch what comes out of my mouth.This is one of my flaws.But reading this book made me relize I needed to make some changes.And Iam working on them more and more every day.Thank you Joyce,for helping me to understand ME AND MY BIG MOUTH!!!God bless you Joyce!!!
Jaime Contreras
The major problem that I have with this book is that Joyce Meyer admits her own struggle with not controlling one's mouth (words) but she still has not mastered it. Mrs. Meyer has a penchant for taking a scripture and couching it in in a psychological approach. This would work if she were educated in such methods but she is not. Also, her ministry is a bit of a mystery to me because she claims she is focused on women and their issues but that is not the focus of this and most of her books. If sh ...more
Jennifer Netto
Another book I got same time as the Battlefield of the mind.
Fabulous read. Good for people who need to know when and where to speak and how to decode the speech of others..
Katie Lewis
Life changing book! There is the power of life and death in the tongue. It is so important to speak life over ourselves and our family.
Lisa Curtis
I liked it. We all need to be reminded that everytime we say something about someone, we are talking about one of God's children.
Brigitte
Oct 20, 2007 Brigitte rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
This book will teach & remind you that what you say is what you are, that how you say it is who you are. It's such a good teaching.
Victoria Scott
Really good book that taught me how to choose my battles and shut my mouth when appropriate!
Rohn Strong
An interesting take on the words we use, why we use them, how what we say affects what we do, and how to get our thoughts and words into agreement! Wonderful book!
Ang
I read this book during Lent, it made me aware about the power of our words. It was helpful in my spiritual growth and inspiring. I like her biblical references.
Cookie
I am a Christian, and I also am a big Joyce Meyer fan. This book was very helpful to me, in my desire to be a victorious person, AND a victorious Christian.
Elizabeth
A great book that helps us become more aware of how our mouth, our words, etc. can play an important role in our daily lives and the lives of others. Another must read!
Cecilia Bramhall
I didn't realize I had a big mouth problem until I read this. Will definitely reread to keep my words pleasing to God.
Cristine
This is a MUST read for all. Has opened my eyes to how I speak. Do we speak any negative words? What you speak says what is in your heart. When you speak it opens the gates to the spiritual world - either heaven or hell. Which gate do you want to open? She also has included all scriptures that relate to speaking at the end of the book for your own review. Also, she has written some confessions that she says over her own self. But, do we want to build up people or tear them down? We are all to be ...more
Leonel Tang
i gave it a two stars rating because it felt so simple... not much to think about
Yassy Yass
Makes you concious of what comes out of your mouth.
Sandy Salmansohn
I loved this book. It hit close to home.
Cheryl Lee
Sep 12, 2007 Cheryl Lee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
The power of the spoken word or even of words thought to your own self. All have power negative or positive. This book teaches you to be diligence and try to discipline your mouth and your mind for the better. It is from a very Christian point of view; however, even an agnostic would concede the points regarding self-fulfilling prophecy and positive affirmations. I have personally struggled with poor self image and came to understand how harmful it is to speak those comments to myself in the cor ...more
Henny Vincentia
powerful book
Maria Izumi
Cora
Dec 18, 2007 Cora rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beneefa, Carrie, genia, brooke
I love this book. As humans we all have a tendency to use our mouths as weapons. This book teaches use how to control this part of ourselves so that we do not scar the ones that we love. Of course as many of the books I read, it teaches you this from a Christian perspective. Nevertheless, Christian or not we all are guilty for running at the mouth and we all need help some help in this area.
Lisa Brown
EXCELLENT book. Be careful what you say.
Angel Early
Oct 06, 2008 Angel Early rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People Looking for Religious/Spiritual Inspiration
$.50 at a yard sale However, I mostly skimmed thru the book 'cause I didn't realize what it was about until I started reading. I'm a spiritual person but not so much into scripture I guess is the best way to put it. So, this book wasn't of interest to me, but probably would be for others.
Monica
Yea, started and then stopped...I'll admit, I stopped b/c its too convicting at times! My mouth gets the better of me, and sometimes I find it so hard to stop and let go....its so much more rewarding (or so I think) to give my most often unneeded and too often over opinionated opinion! ;-)
Lauren
This book was so wonderful and I started reading it a time when I needed most. It goes into all kinds of details about how we should act as Christians and also how to keep your sanity. I am sure I will be keeping in near to look back in frequently.
Pamela
Boy.. did I ever need to read this one! LOL :)

Joyce is tough to read at times because she speaks truth, which is not always easy to hear/face. If you are looking for personal growth, she will push you in the right direction.
  • Amplified Bible
  • Woman, Thou Art Loosed!: Healing the Wounds of the Past
  • Good Morning, Holy Spirit
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • Spirit-Controlled Temperament
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • Loving God with All Your Mind
  • Unmerited Favor: Depending on Jesus for every success in your life
JOYCE MEYER is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, she has written more than seventy inspirational books, including The Confident Woman, Look Great, Feel Great, and the entire Battlefield of the Mind family of books. She has also released thousands of audio teachings as well as a complete video library. Joyce's Enjoying Everyday Life radio a ...more
More about Joyce Meyer...
Battlefield Of The Mind: Winning The Battle In Your Mind The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone The Penny Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing

“I'm not where I need to be, but thank God i'm not where I used to be.” 22 likes