Start by marking “Equinox (The Rosie Black Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Equinox (The Rosie Black Chronicles, #2)

Equinox (The Rosie Black Chronicles #2)

It’s Rosie’s seventeenth year and she’s starting her first year at Orbitcorp Academy, but it’s not going to be all parties and pilot training. Helios hasn’t forgotten her – and she certainly hasn’t forgotten them. Bent on revenge Rosie is still working in secret to try to take them down.

But a terrible miscalculation will send Rosie once more on the run, this time into the
Published November 2011 by Walker Books (first published October 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Equinox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Equinox

Reynje
Aug 21, 2011 Reynje rated it liked it
3 stars because it was fun and sometimes I require nothing more from a book than entertainment and distraction.

I love that everything is so crazy over-the-top in this book – Lara Morgan’s vision of Newperth is nothing if not imaginative – and it really seems like she has fun building Rosie’s world and the gadgetry it comes with. It’s all artificial intelligence, and pulse guns, and helijets, and bullet trains up the west coast of Australia and nanobots.. Just don’t ask for detailed explanations,
Lisa (Badass Bookie)
Nov 19, 2011 Lisa (Badass Bookie) rated it it was amazing
The Short Story? - Another heart pounding adventure! This is a brilliant sequel filled with action, saving the world and a great romance! Morgan has written a YA for everyone to enjoy! Dystopian like nothing you have ever read before! Beautifully written, fantastic character development and an adventure that just keeps getting better!

The Long Story? - I enjoyed this novel so much more than the first novel, Genesis. Two main reasons - a) The novel is shorter b) the romance definitely picked up!
Shweta
Oct 05, 2012 Shweta rated it really liked it
Equinox was very different it was something i didn't expect. There are some twists and turn some suprises. Dalton was one of my favourite character in this book, he's a very likeable character very charming. Cassie was another suprise she was mostly a bitch but she seemed more nicer towards the end especially to Rosie. What i really hated about the book was that some of the thoughts for the characters where put in italics. That was so annoying it pissed me off every single time so that is why i ...more
Shirley Marr
Aug 21, 2011 Shirley Marr marked it as to-read
Shelves: aussie-ya
Cover revealed on author's blog today. I think it's interesting how it's the same image from book 1 (Genesis) but in a different coloured scheme... hmmm, my feelings? I think it's smart from a marketing POV cos a reader will see it and prob go oh, I remember reading the first one and it was great... although I was kinda hoping to see brand new artwork (cos I think whoever drew the cover is fantastic and they're going to waste by not drawing a new image!) Anyway, enough of me, I bet the colours l ...more
Annie
Feb 23, 2014 Annie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Equinox is one of my favourite books. Morgan starts right off where "Genesis" left and she has successfully continued Rosie's journey. She went into detail about what Rosie and Pip thought of each other which was very nice. Dalton is probably my favourite character: his charisma and personality adds a light sense of humour. The plot is written well and this is one of those books where you have to reread again and again.
Heather S
Apr 29, 2016 Heather S rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first! Second novels in a trilogy risk just being a bridge between stare and finish, but not this.
the only problem I have with this book is that I lost a lot of sleep because I could not stop.
the characters grow, while staying true to themselves. New characters develop as well. Rosie kicks arse.
Isabella Sard
Jun 04, 2014 Isabella Sard rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Lara Morgan and an amazing second book to the Rosie Black Chronicle series! I can't wait to read the third!
Joséphine (Word Revel)
Equinox continues right there where Genesis left off. True to all the twists and turns encountered in the first book of the trilogy, this book serves up many surprises. In the same vain, it was also confusing. Once again, questions spring to mind about who belongs to Helios, who belongs to the Senate and who is following Riley. With all the double crossing and switching sides business, I do recommend reading the books one after the other instead of waiting it out and forgetting about the plot al ...more
Laila
Nov 07, 2011 Laila rated it really liked it
Ohhh... I can't decide. 3 or 4. Maybe 3.5.

Well, I liked it, th story-line in general, and the pace of everything unfolding. The action-y conspiracy stuff is exactly what I enjoy. I don't know why, but at times I feel like I just... tuned out. Some parts just didn't hold my attention, but I don't know if that's just personal.

Also, the characters were starting to get annoying. Sorry Rosie, Pip - the angst was seeping in. And with Dalton around, it's just a setup for those annoying love-triangles.
Helen Merrick
Mar 24, 2012 Helen Merrick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aww2012
This is the second book in a YA dystopian fantasy by a WA writer Lara Morgan, who lives in Geraldton. Unusually, I enjoyed this more than the first book, and I am eagerly anticipating the conclusion.
The books are set in a future Perth, which like most of the rest of the world has been ravaged by climate change and water shortages. The protagonist Rosie, is everything you want in a teen heroine - smart, plucky, capable, but also unsure of herself, especially when it comes to her relation (or lac
Catherine Vercoe
Feb 18, 2012 Catherine Vercoe rated it really liked it
i choose this book because i have read the first book and really wanted to read the second book. i enjoyed the second one better than the first.the category the book goes on in my bingo chart is 'A book written in 2011 or 2012. my favourite quote from this book is " Is it how much you missed me?" i liked this quote because the two charcters Rosie and Pip were always so angry at each other so it was really cute.1 thing i hae learned from this book is that a desease can be made to kill people one ...more
Alisha Brook
Apr 30, 2012 Alisha Brook rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK! (:

Fantastic world building. Fantastic characters - absolutely adore the love triangle tension, though I also like the fact that things didn't dawdle there, that "important" matters weren't overshadowed.

BEST SEQUEL EVER! Usually sequels can't compare to the first book or at the most achieve a "good" status - but personally, I feel that this one is even better than the first.
*I love the action
*I love the additional characters
*It's easy link from book 1 to book 2

I haven
Madi
Jul 17, 2013 Madi rated it it was amazing
Full of drama and thrills! Totally worth five stars (If only there was six!)It only took me two days to read this and I wish that the story was longer. I immediately started reading the next book as soon as I finished this one! Can someone explain to me why Rosie did what she did, seriously is she stupid or is it all a part of this big scam to take down Helois? The things that she does makes me want to rip my hair out!. I can't wait to finish the next book and write my review!

- Happy Reading!
Cameron
Feb 15, 2012 Cameron rated it liked it
Very well written, paced well but doesn't really breaking any new ground. It acts as a set up for the next book introducing some new characters but doesn't really expand its world too much. The West Australian setting is of interest me - it would be great to see a map of future WA at some stage.

I am not hanging out for the next book but will definitely read it.
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Sara Douglass 'Book Series' Award. This entry is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

I won't be recording my thoughts (if I choose to) here until after the AA are over.
Celine
Mar 24, 2012 Celine marked it as to-read
Shelves: won, signed
Won this book from Goodreads First Read Giveaway! Thank you so much to Lara for sending me a personalized signed copy!

Cover looks cool! It's exactly like the first book's cover although it's like the negative version (black coloured background) instead of the white and black colours in the first book!

I can't wait to read this! Definitely need to read this soon!

Passionatereader
Apr 05, 2013 Passionatereader rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Linette
Apr 07, 2015 Linette rated it liked it
Lost a star because...

1. The amount of swearing increased. Really? Totally unnecessary.

2. The three way romance thing. Please!

Still a great storyline. Still fun science fiction. Just be aware of the other stuff.
Mariana
Dec 20, 2014 Mariana rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series. There's a few too many little typos in the two books itself that the editors should have picked up though. Maybe that's why these were cheap. Otherwise good value. I really like the characters.
Mia
Jun 03, 2014 Mia rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
The writing quality has really improved since the first book, but I'm still not feeling the story. It might just be me.
Drew
Oct 15, 2014 Toy Guy rated it it was amazing
Great series!
Lve2read
Apr 02, 2014 Lve2read rated it it was amazing
an AMAZING read, i enjoyed it thoroughly, and could not put it down till i had read every page.
Julianne Haines
Dec 27, 2011 Julianne Haines rated it it was amazing
Lara Morgan writes an awesome book once again. I LOVE this series and I think this is my favourite book in it so far. I CANNOT wait for the next one!!
Edacheeky (Eda D)
Oct 18, 2014 Edacheeky (Eda D) rated it liked it
Read it a few years ago and enjoyed it
Jasmin Couper
Apr 07, 2013 Jasmin Couper rated it it was amazing
So good! Didn't want it to end
Alexandra
Jun 07, 2013 Alexandra rated it really liked it
A brilliant second instalment to the Rosie Black series can't wait to read the next.
Olivia
Jan 08, 2013 Olivia rated it really liked it
sad and good. a good sequel
Shmuzzie
Feb 12, 2013 Shmuzzie rated it it was amazing
Amazing! This book is so good.
Shirley
Apr 24, 2012 Shirley rated it liked it
  • Vulpi (Thyla, #2)
  • Fallout (The Phoenix Files, #5)
  • The Day the World Ended (Extinction, #1)
  • Black Painted Fingernails
  • Broken
  • Dangerously Placed
  • Silvermay (Silvermay, #1)
  • Have You Seen Ally Queen?
  • Remember Me & The Return Part I  (Remember Me #1-2)
  • House of Bones (Point Horror Unleashed)
  • Taken
  • The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
  • Juno Of Taris
  • Pig Boy
  • The Girl from Snowy River
  • Queen of the Night (This is Shyness, #2)
  • Sweetie
  • Triple Ripple: A Fabulous Fairytale
Lara Morgan writes for both adults and teens and is the author of The Twins of Saranthium series and The Rosie Black Chronicles.

She lives in a coastal town in Western Australia called Geraldton which is a long way from most places and too close to others.

Her mission is to rid the world of tea, one cup at a time. This is going quite well.

More about Lara Morgan...

The Rosie Black Chronicles (3 books)
  • Genesis (The Rosie Black Chronicles, #1)
  • Dark Star (The Rosie Black Chronicles, # 3)