Tears of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #2)

Tears of Requiem (Song of Dragons #2)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  798 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Song of Dragons -- the bestselling fantasy series beginning with Blood of Requiem -- continues with a new tale of blood, steel, and dragonfire.

BOOK TWO: TEARS OF REQUIEM

The nightshades cover the land. Demons of smoke and shadow, they fear no sword or arrow. They suck the souls from all who live, like a glutton sucking marrow from bones. The world falls under their darkness...more
Published by Amazon Digital Services (first published August 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tears of Requiem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tears of Requiem

The Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienEragon by Christopher PaoliniHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingChronicles of Myriad by James Nicholas AdamsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Best Book With or About Dragons
161st out of 263 books — 312 voters
Tattered Heart by Annie JacksonCrimson Midnight by Amos CassidyThe Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan StroudThe Key by Jennifer Anne DavisThe Hidden Icon by Jillian Kuhlmann
Little Known Fantasy Books
97th out of 122 books — 60 voters

More lists with this book...

Robert Duperre
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Look out, everyone! Big scaly beasts are on the loose!

Daniel Arenson returns with the second book in his Song of Dragons series, Tears of Requiem. We pick up the story right where Blood of Requiem leaves off, with the surviving Vir Requis – King Benedictus, his wife Lacrimosa, their daughter Agnus Dei, and Kyrie – fresh off their defeat and (near) fatal wounding of Benedictus’s brother and ruler of the land, Dies Irae. The griffins have been released, and hopefully life may c...more
Michelle
Jan 19, 2014 Michelle rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes classic fantasy
Shelves: daniel-arenson
Emily
Loved it... can't wait for the next installment.
Jackie Miller
This is book two in the Song of Dragons series. I have to say that it doesn't disappoint. If anything, it only gets better.

At the end of the first book, Blood of Requiem, I was left with some questions and uncertainties. I won't get into details because I don't want to spoil book one for anybody. I will say that the main nemesis is ultimately the same but with different, not to mention stronger and creepier, allies.

Dies Irae returns as the main force trying to extinguish the last reminaing Vir R...more
Dave
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so picking this one up was any easy choice, also considering the price. But I was a little apprehensive, since sequels regularly disappoint me. To my regret, the same was true for Tears of Requiem.

The novel picks up where Blood of Requiem left us, with the few surviving dragons/humans still hunted by their nemesis, and estranged family member, Dies Irae. A new group of antagonists, the nighshades, which are smoke-like, evil phantoms, team up with...more
Dianna
I saw the rating for the second book in the trilogy was higher than the first, so I was hopeful that it'd be somewhat after...after all, I was going in with such low expectations that it couldn't get much worse, right??

WELL, I WAS WRONG. I stand corrected.

Plotlines and characters continue to be flat, but (view spoiler)...more
Kyra Dune
The story of Requiem continues in book two of the Song Dragons Trilogy, Tears of Requiem. I did not enjoy this one as much as I did the first book in the trilogy. There were still some epic fights and interesting play between the characters, but I didn't feel like the story really progressed. It was almost like reading the first book over again, in a bad sort of way.

I still love the shape-shifting dragons and I still really like the characters, except I didn't like the turn the character of Die...more
Emmanuelle
I'm so sad it's over :( I want to know what continues to happen in the story but I also want the books to last forever. I want to get lost in the world of Requiem and Osanna. It's that good.
But, since all good things don't last forever, I have finished Tears of Requiem and I loved it. The action was non-stop. The characters continued to be enthralling. The new adventures continued to be surprising with new twists and turns at every corner.
The book is well written and makes sense. I love readin...more
Brian Everson
Song of Dragons 2

The author has put together another book that will appeal to bought young and old. He weaves a story that keeps you want to read more.

Sherry
Tears of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #2) by Daniel Arenson This was just as good or better than book 1, kept me completely enthralled.
Chad Stewart
It seems that I give a lot of 4 stars, but it's been a while since I've.read a book that was so good that it deserved 5. This one was no exception. I did like it more than the first book, Blood Of Requiem though. There wasn't quite as much anger in this book. It does seem like it is going to be difficult for the Vir Requiem to rebuild their race. I hope the next book addresses that issue more.
Carla
This book was better than the first! It had way more action, drama, and I ended up shedding a few tears. The fact that it is not made clear if the antagonist died has me anxious to read the final installment of the trilogy. Of course I know he can't be dead or there would be no war spilling over into the last book but, none the less I can't wait to get started.
Jenni
Well book two continues the story, and what a story of despair, love and courage. How the characters survive I don't know. So many die so you can't be squeamish if you read this. The horror the author unleashes on the reader is very vivid.
I'm not sure I like so much death ...but I must read the last book !
So very well written and edited.

thanks daniel
Doug
Jan 18, 2012 Doug rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in this genre.
A good follow up to the first book of the series ... the plot line was okay, but somewhat unbelievable because of the condition of the villian from book one to book two.

If the villian was handled different the book would have scored much higher for me.

Still overall a very good read for this type of genre.
Ingrid
I really enjoyed this, the 2nd book in Daniel Arenson's Songs of Dragons series. A bit of the dialogue seemed out of place but not enough to stop me from finishing the book. Face it, by that time, I was too hooked to stop reading. And, yes, I'm giving it four stars, it really was that good.
Reblua
Better than the first novel. Characters develop a lot more. Author has a problem with skipping from place to place without delving into the trials necessary to get there.
Blake Billings
I loved the continuation of this story. The book itself was a little short, but a great read. The ending couldn't have fit more than it did. Can't wait to read the last one.
Carroline
The story line is getting silly now....
The best part was when the king dies and there is still one more of these horrible books to go but i have to finish it now.
Andi Houtsch
Captivating, enchanting... so well written! I cannot get these characters out of my head, nor can I get them out of my heart. I have fallen for the Vir Requis!
Amy
Loved it! Just as gripping as Blood of Requiem was with an extremely fitting title! Eagerly awaiting the next instalment now. Seriously can't wait :-)
Bill
Similar to book #1. Some good ideas, an enjoyable plot framework, but sparse details and cartoonish characters and actions.
Johnny
What a waste of time.. To bad I can never stop reading a book once I start.
It's like it has been written by a child.
Michael kelley
This book left met flat. Linear story line that need much more fleshing out for my reading enjoyment.
Margareth8537
It is quite a page turner as you do get invested in the dragons
Sam Coley
Probably the worst book I have ever read
Eric Booth
Love the series so far.
Jan Spindler
enjoyed this book
  • The Dragonswarm (Dragonprince Trilogy, #2)
  • Return of the Dragon Rider (Dragon Stone Saga #2)
  • The Wayfarer King (Kinshield Saga, #2)
  • The Line of Illeniel (Mageborn, #2)
  • Blood of the Earth (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #4)
  • Cold Hearted Son of a Witch (The Dragoneers Saga, #2)
  • Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms, #1)
  • The Shadows of Grace (The Half-Orcs, #4)
  • A Clash of Honor (The Sorcerer's Ring, #4)
  • Gruffen (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #1)
  • Of Gods and Elves (The Godling Chronicles, #2)
Daniel Arenson is a fantasy author.

Three of his trilogies--Song of Dragons, Dragonlore, and The Dragon War--are set in Requiem, a world where humans can turn into dragons. He's also the author of Moth, a series about a world torn in two--its one half always in sunlight, the other always dark. At both Amazon and Barnes and Noble, Daniel's novels have hit the overall Top 100 bestsellers lists. In t...more
More about Daniel Arenson...
Blood of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #1) Light of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #3) Song of Dragons: The Complete Trilogy (Song of Dragons #1-3) A Dawn of Dragonfire (Dragonlore, #1) A Day of Dragon Blood