Start by marking “These Arms of Mine” as Want to Read:
These Arms of Mine

These Arms of Mine (Kimani Hotties)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  21 reviews

When Alesha Robinson ended her torrid affair with Derrick Chandler, she gave up the love of her life. Now fate's giving them a second chance. But when Alesha asks Derrick to save her brother, she never dreams what the scorned multimillionaire will demand in exchange: becoming his wife—in name only.

Even after Alesha shattered his trust, Derrick never stopped loving her. His
Published January 24th 2012 by Harlequin Kimani

To ask other readers questions about These Arms of Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about These Arms of Mine

Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

BRIEF SUMMARY
Alesha's affair with Derrick was over before it began a few years ago and Derrick never really got over his relationship with, Alesha. So, when the opportunity came for him to take what he wants, he did. Alesha’s goal in seeing Derrick again is to help her brother, unfortunately she has to do what she doesn't want to in order to help him.

THOUGHTS

This was a sweet story, though when one thinks of blackmail, sweet, doesn't come to mind. I
Amyra
Quando Alesha Robinson mise fine alla sua relazione appassionata con Derrick Chandler, rinunciò all'amore della sua vita. Ora il fato sta per dargli una seconda possibilità. Quando Alesha chiede a Derrick di salvarle il fratello, non si sarebbe mai sognata quello che il disdegnato multimilionario le avrebbe chiesto in cambio: diventare sua moglie ma soltanto di nome.

Anche dopo che Alesha aveva distrutto la sua fiducia Derrick non aveva mai smesso di amarla. La sua proposta era stata mossa solame
Raine Thomas
Debut Harlequin Kimani author Judy Lynn Hubbard scores a win with These Arms of Mine. This is Harlequin romance at its best!

The story follows nurse Alesha Robinson and politician Derrick Chandler as they revisit a relationship that ended on rocky terms two years before the story begins. Derrick has become embittered and disillusioned about love, and Alesha quickly sees the impact that her choice from two years ago had on him. Still, with Derrick all that stands between Alesha's brother, Robert,
Beverly
These Arms of Mine is a delightful debut story of second chance at love. Years ago, Alesha Robinson abruptly ended her promising relationship with Derrick Coleman, but either has forgotten their feelings for the other. Now, Alesha needs a big favor from Derrick to save her family, and he see this as an opportunity to get the vindication for Alesha messing over him, and will grant the favor if she will become his wife, and perform all of the wifely duties. This alluring storyline had an uncomfort ...more
Lyn  Ching
FOR MORE BOOK REVIEWS PLEASE VISIT MY BOOK BLOG AT www.readingtsinoy.blogspot.com
THANKS!

Book Review: THESE ARMS OF MINE
By Judy Lynn Hubbard
Category: Adult Fiction

A Marriage of Convenience?
Derrick Chandler needs a wife. Or at least that’s what his best friend and campaign manager tells him is imperative if he plans to run for the US Senate. He doesn’t believe it, but readily changes his mind when beautiful Alesha Robinson enters his office.
Alesha is no stranger to Derrick. In fact she is the ver
Toni
These Arms of Mine is the first Kimani romance by Judy Lynn Hubbard and she's done a great job in her debut. Alesha Robinson's brother is in danger of going to jail for embezzling campaign funds from his employer, Derrick Ashton, and she has decided to beg for leniency and ask that charges not be filed against him. It sounds simple, but Derrick is also the person who's heart she broke two years ago when she ended their relationship and he has never forgiven her. Seeing an opportunity to get reve ...more
Malika
it took me forever to get into this book. When I did, the plot was silly. Nothing really gets solved, issues just disappear.

She was forced to leave a job she loved. Poof! Derrick comes to her party, issue gone. Her brother hates her "arrangement." Poof! Issue disappears with a quick declaration of love.

Two stars.
Marie

While I am not that eager to be the first one to offer an opinion, I
have been up all night reading Maureen Smith's No One But You so I am a
little wired, and to think I have to work a full day today with no
sleep. Anyway...

I enjoyed
this story, it was well written and riveting, though it was a little
confusing in the beginning with the jumping back and forth between the
hero and heroine's point of view, but once I caught on, I really enjoyed
the book. It was one of those pick me up and don't

Tiffany
Alesha dated Derrick two years ago and she gave up the love of her life. Now they are getting a second chance. Alesha will do anything to save her brother even becoming Derrick's wife in name only. Derrick couldn't believe when Alesha came into his office to ask for his help and he wants to get revenge on her for what happened between them two years ago. I thought this one was a very good read and I really enjoyed it. You could see the chemistry between the both of them even though they wanted t ...more
Ms. Prissy
Ms. Hubbard Kimani debut is first rate classic romance of a seasoned author, you will fall in love with the featured characters and want to read more about the supporting cast. You can't help but embrace and cheer for the heroine. I love reading stories when a heroine comes into her own as an empowered woman.
You will root for Derrick Chandler because he is as passionate as he is charming.
Alesha Robinson and Derrick Chandler story will warm your heart and have you believe in love second chances.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Alesha left Derrick 2 years ago, she comes back to try to talk him out of pressing charges against her brother who stole $100,000 from him. Derrick's deal is for her to marry him. Hmmm. She agrees & it's great! I would marry him!

There is more to the story behind why Alesha left & why her brother embezzled the $$. Since the arrangement was only temporary, can it last?

Hot & cute! Awwwe!

This was a cute story. A quick 1 day read. It was fun & had a lot of good romance! It's a great
Jacquelynn
Marriage of convenience turns into real love. Enjoyable read.
GONZA
It was ok, they met, she's stupid and afraid, they part and then they come back together but he's upset till he understands. Read many romances with this plot, but this was good enough.

Librino carino, s'incontrano, lei è stupida e spaventata e si lasciano, poi tornano assieme anche se lui non gliel'ha ancora perdonata fino a che non "comprende". Ne ho letti parecchi di questi libri, ma non era male lo stesso.

THANKS TO HARLEQUIN AND NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW
Dafort
Aleesha Robinson ended her relationship with Derrick Chandler without an explanation and now two years later seeks him out to ask that he not press charges against her brother. Derrick concedes but with a request, Aleesha must marry him.

These Arms of Mine was a great read and my first book by this author. I loved how Derrick and Aleesha went on a journey to rediscover love, learn forgiveness and trust builds a long-standing relationship.
Brenda
Alesha and Derrick's story was great! The wants and loves who the heart wants and loves. Their chemistry was felt through the pages and I could not put this book down. Although it was my second (or third) time reading, it felt like a brand new read ... and did I say, I LOVED THIS BOOK?!! If you haven't read any of Judy Lynne Hubbard's books, PLEASE go out and get them, you definitely will not be disappointed!
Shawnette
A SWEET romantic debut...I love the INTENSE passion and fire between Alesha and Derrick...and I'm TOTALLY looking forward to reading more from Ms. Hubbard...I hope she give us some follow-up on Cam and Angela...and perhaps Robert, too. Kudos!
Reshemah
I loved this book. I love to see lovers reunited and work out their problems. Judy Lynn Hubbard did a fantastic job on her first novel and I look foward to reading more of her work in the future!
Nikita Isaac
I started and finished Judy L. Hubbard's first book today. It is titled "These Arms of My". I loved it !!!! Couldn't put it down.
Debra Harris
I really enjoyed this story of Derrick and Alesha.
Lynn
Mar 04, 2012 Lynn added it
Lovely story.
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Wendy
Wendy added it
Nov 30, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Carauda Ratliff
Carauda Ratliff marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
February Book Club Selection 1 5 Feb 23, 2012 07:51AM
Judy L. Hubbard is a writer who is also an avid romance reader. In fact, when she's not writing, you can find her with her nose stuck in a book (or e-reader).

Her first Harlequin Romance, THESE ARMS OF MINE, was published January 24, 2012.

Judy is a member of Romance Writers of America (RWA) and Dallas Area Romance Authors (DARA).
More about Judy Lynn Hubbard...
Our First Dance Our First Kiss Our First Embrace Take Me in Your Arms These Arms of Mine (Mills & Boon Kimani) (Kimani Hotties - Book 26)