Start by marking “Apple Pies & Promises:: Motherhood in the Real World” as Want to Read:
Apple Pies & Promises:: Motherhood in the Real World

Apple Pies & Promises:: Motherhood in the Real World

Apple Pies and Promises is not just for everyone who is or hopes to be a mother. It's for everyone who has ever had a mother. In our media-driven society, motherhood is often undervalued or sentimentalized. At church, motherhood is the stuff of praise and sometimes pedestals. What is motherhood really? If you're looking for a tidy answer to that question, you'll have to ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Cedar Fort

To ask other readers questions about Apple Pies & Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Apple Pies & Promises

Kamicarlson
Jul 20, 2015 Kamicarlson rated it it was ok
I feel bad about the two star rating but this book was difficult to get through. I was hoping to have the same uplifting and motivating feelings as I did with her other book but I never felt that. The stories seemed so heavy & I actually felt bad for these mothers & children. I guess what this book did make me feel was more appreciative of my own mother. I knew I had a great mom before but after I read this, I know I have the greatest mom EVER!
Melanie
Apr 29, 2009 Melanie rated it liked it
Shelves: motherhood
This was a pretty good book. It wasn't beautiful or flowery, but there were many concise stories that I appreciated. Not full of emotion, but meaningful in its own way. If you are looking for beauty, I'd recommend another book I recently read: The Real-World Reflections on Growing into Motherhood by Katherine Lynn Soper.
Tony Bradshaw
Apr 28, 2011 Tony Bradshaw rated it liked it
Again, this book was suggested to my wife by my mother-in-law, yet I am reading them. Ironic how that happens, but I love to get the uplifting words and share with her the stories I like. I love to read, and reading a book like this makes me think of writing my own where I get stories from others. I'll work on that.
Rene' Riddle
Apr 22, 2013 Rene' Riddle rated it liked it
A book of stories by mothers about, well, motherhood. Some about being a mother, some about their own mother. Most were sweet, some were sad. A fun quick read.
Linda
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2013
Tabitha
Tabitha rated it really liked it
May 15, 2013
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Nancy
Jan 14, 2012 Nancy rated it it was ok
Some amusing stories about the truth about being a mom.
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2007
Heidi
Heidi rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2008
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2009
Alyaarch1229
Alyaarch1229 marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
Megan Cannon
Megan Cannon marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016