Start by marking “Changes” as Want to Read:
Changes

Changes

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  4,219 ratings  ·  72 reviews
Top TV anchorwoman Melanie Adams had given up on love after a failed marriage and an unhappy affair. With her two twin teenage children and her television news career, she had no room in her life for a man. Then she met famous heart surgeon Peter Hallam; a widower with three children of his own.

Suddenly Melanie was experiencing feelings she thought were forever gone. But
Published (first published August 1st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Changes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changes

Shelley
I spent the better part of High School buried in a Danielle Steele novel. They are all about gorgeous women and handsome men with loads of money. All the women have beautiful hair and legs for miles. They all blow the men away by wearing summer dresses with espadrilles. They all have happy endings. For a High School girl they are a grown way to continue to play with Barbies. For a grown woman with kids and a mortgage they're fluff I simply don't have time for anymore.
Mitsu Vaishnav
Changes is yet another of Danielle Steel Novels I have liked immensely. This novel is something each and every one of us can relate to at one point of time. It depicts human emotions nicely. Even though the end is predictable, in order to enjoy this one you need to read in b/w the lines.

Changes: As the Title of the book suggests this novel is all about “THE MOMENTS OF IMPACT” which can change our lives forever:)

There are two center characters in this novel: MELANIE ADAMS , a HOTSHOT TV ANCHOR in
Carol Storm
I don't know why, but this is one of the few Danielle Steel novels I was able to read all the way through. I loved the way Mel has two girls and she thinks both of them are wonderful, even though one is a straight A student and the other is sort of a clueless babe. And I liked the way Dr. Peter Hallam was so straight ahead about how his first wife was cold and perfect and how he's almost afraid to love anyone as warm and spontaneous as Mel.

The thing about Danielle Steel is that her writing has
Brittany
Once again, it seems like Danielle Steel wasn't sure she knew what she wanted her characters to think or feel. The characters would go from being happy about a situation to being depressed and unsure within a one page span. It was all over the place. And Steel's "foreshadowing" was so predictible she might as well have just said right out what was going to happen four pages later. To top it all off, there were so many constant conflicts and issues arising one after another for the characters tha ...more
Dalyia
طبيب القلب هالام ومذيعة الأخبار ميل بعد ألتقائهم معاً ووقوعهم فى الحب وكل منهم مرتبط بعملة بشدة .. وتبدأ سلسلة التغييرات فى حياة الطرفيين من أنتقال ميل للوس أنجلوس والتضيحة بمهنتها لمستوى أقل مع أبنتيها التؤائم.

تستقر حياة ميل وبيتر الجديد مع خمسة من الأبناء وتمر العديد من المشاكل على الأسرة ومواجهة الأسرة بأفرادها الستة لكل الضغوطات للتأقلم مع حياتهم الجديدة ومحاربة شبح الزوجة الأولى لبيتر ، الحاجة لمنزل جديد، مشكلة تمرد أبنة بيتر وحمل أبنة ميل وأجهاضها من أبن بيتر وأخيراً وصول الجميع بعد سلسلة
Anusree Burman
Danielle Steele's Changes is a book that shares hope,joy,sorrow,love and friendship in abundance.The coming together of two people sharing entirely different lives and their struggle with realities is beautifully portrayed. It is not just a love story;it is about the sacrifices and 'Changes' that touches the lives of the people when two families come together to form new bonds.Okay, I agree its predictable in many ways but you cannot help but despair and rejoice with the characters. I would defi ...more
Rebecca
i was surprised by how much i enjoyed this Danielle Steel novel. it's from way back in 1983 and i was surprised that it wasn't too dated. altho there was a lot of peach and cream decor going on hahaha. a female tv anchorwoman has been raising 16 yrs old twin girls on her own since they were born. she's given up on love when she meets a heart surgeon. only problem is, she lives in NY and he lives in CA. and he's mourning the loss of his wife and has 3 kids of his own hehe :) as noted in the title ...more
Lauren Monroe
Read this book back in the 90s, liked it then.

Got the Cheryl Ladd/Michael Nouri DVD, loving that even more.

Good depiction of long-distance romance, step-family formation, the struggles of blending two sets of children, grieving unresolved loss, and moving forward in a modern marriage with two high-powered careers -- her a TV news anchor and him a famous heart surgeon.

Some will call it cheesy. I'll buy that. Just a feel good movie for sure, and certainly having read the original book a second ti
Cyrisse
Sep 08, 2008 Cyrisse added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: danielle-steel
Julie Barrett
Changes by Danielle steel
She seems to have it all but she wants so much more. Twin daughters who are teens,
Melanie Adams, successful career but she doesn't have a man of her dreams, yet love is outside her reach. One of her reports will be on a heart surgeon who she hopes she can talk into doing a transplant for a little girl, so her company can tape it for their TV show.
The book also follows heart surgeon Peter with kids of his own has just lost his wife. He puts himself out there with so much
Tammy
This is one of them cozy romances you snuggle up with. It's about a women who is a news anchor that lives in New York who has 2 teenage daughters. She flies out to California to do a story on a doctor who is a heart transplant surgeon.he has 3 children and is newly widowed. During their time together doing the interview for a story they grow close and fall in love. They run into many obsticals trying to mix both families together. Each family has their own way of doing things and neither side wa ...more
Stephanie
Changing, dancing, leaping,
creeping from old life into new,
wondering what I think of you,
unseen dreams, and newfound schemes,
two lives enmeshed, embroiled, enhanced at last,
and suddenly heart snagged, held fast,
no turning back, no letting go,
too late to run, too soon to know if all is well,
yet time will tell it all,
and softly in the night I call your name,
nothing quite the same amidst this total rearranging,
as everything about me is shifting, moving, changing.

Sometimes it's difficult to und
Elizabeth
Danielle Steel is my go-to when simply reading for pleasure. I prefer her older books with wonderfully complex characters woven into historical times in our history.
Sahara
Worst Danielle Steel book i've read so far
Katy Ipock
One of the better books I`ve read from this author.
Jailan El-Rafie
I never thought that I would enjoy a romance/drama novel as much as I enjoyed this one. What's really impressive is how Steel describes the feelings, intents, and reactions of each character - even the ones who aren't very significant to the story-line. This is not a dreamy unrealistic love story, it's very realistic and full of explorations of human emotions although I didn't enjoy how somewhat predictable it was.
Rhonda Bleich
I really enjoyed this book. My first Danielle Steel book. My Mother loved Danielle Steel, now I know why...
Dana
I liked it.It was a wonderful book with a lot of twists and turns that left me confused.The happiness, despair and sadness that repeat periodically, sometimes even in the span of one page was disheartening. I could feel the relief that the main character felt when everything became alright in the end after so much chaos!
Brandy
This book was a long one. Basically 2 families, each with their own problems & past get together when a famous tv anchor mom meets a world-known heart surgeon. The book was pretty predictable but it had a few surprises thrown in there. I read it basicfally in one day. Her books are easy to finish quickly.
Tara
The book was ok.. I seem to remember reading another book by Steel kind of along the same premise, woman and man fall in love and get married, blend their families but in the long run it's not happily ever after. They split up. This one ends up happily ever after though
Eunice Chung
This is my favorite Danielle Steele book, particularly for its opening poem. The story does a great job of reflecting the transitions of two lives. It was a little slow at times, but still fulfilling. Can't say it's a recommendation for all though.
Brittany
this was the first Danielle Steel book i had read and it made me want to go to the book store and start reading another. i could read this story a million times and still love every minute of it. i wish there was a second book to it just because i was hooked
Rachel
I enjoyed Changes alot, the book was better than the film(as usual).I love her books and the conflicts that she writes into them. Changes was very wise with dealing with new feelings,new issues, moving on from the past and working to live with the future.
Janel
I read this book in Junior High because you had to have a parental signature form to read it and I was curious why. I have since read a lot of her books, but find them to all be a little formulaic with similar plot lines. Still a good author.
Mumsgang Nash
As always a very gripping book.
Not only interesting and keeping you on the edge of your seat but a very well written love story with all the twists and turns you exspect .
If you enjoy DS books then you will enjoy this one
Heather
I found this on my Grandma's book shelf. Danielle Steele is the epitome of summer reading. A quick, enticing love story. I thought this was interesting because of its dated conflict between choosing between family and a career.
Cassandra
I wasn't a big fan of the plot. At first I was intrigued but once I kept reading on I wasn't sure why I kept reading. The characters seemed realistic though so that's why I finished reading and of course I love her writing style.
Mackie Kazdoy
I enjoyed this book for a brainless read. Perfect for free time and relaxing. Like in all Danielle Steele novels, the main characters are darn close to perfect, rich, beautiful and occasionally might have a temporary flaw. :)
Erin
I've just finished reading this book-again lol. I've read it a few times before so I wasn't dying to finish it. Cute story, like most of hers. You can always count on a happy ending.
Danielle Steel Bo...: Changes 1 1 Nov 20, 2012 03:21AM
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3855)
  • The Rule of Four
  • Angel
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle + Driven to Distraction + Taken for a Ride
  • Inheritance
  • Till We Meet Again
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Pretty Woman
  • Vendetta: Lucky's Revenge
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Happy Are the Merciful (Blackie Ryan, #4)
  • First Impressions / Blithe Images
  • Lake Magic
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things