Start by marking “The Pentacle Pendant” as Want to Read:

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
“On the last day of his life, Royce Williams met a woman who literally took his breath away …”

When Claire Delaney’s lover confesses he’s a werewolf, she laughs; when he begs permission to turn her, she laughs again—kinky sex, anyone?—and tells him to go for it. When she regains consciousness, she isn’t laughing any more.

As Claire learns to adapt to her new life, her lover
Published October 14th 2011 by JournalStone (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Pentacle Pendant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pentacle Pendant

Lilac Wolf
Nov 14, 2011 Lilac Wolf rated it really liked it
From: Lilac Wolf and Stuff

The title Pentacle Pendant certainly catches your attention, but the cover seems a little stiff. It really left me unsure about the story. Here is proof of the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover."

The characters are all deeply written, there is no black and white within the story, except for the woman who demands revenge on Claire...and for something Claire had no control or knowledge of.

The story takes place almost exclusively in New England. Claire is getting rea
Nancy
Oct 30, 2011 Nancy rated it really liked it
The White Mountains of New Hampshire hold more than beautiful trees, universities and other delights. They also hold things best left unspoken. When Claire meets Lukas at the college bar on her twenty-fourth birthday, she was immediately smitten. He was nice, good looking and obviously swept away by her. What more can you ask for your birthday?
A bit more, as it turns out. Lukas is so in love/lust that he gives Claire a birthday gift she can’t return. He makes her like him – a werewolf. Not only
Cassie McCown
Sep 23, 2011 Cassie McCown rated it really liked it
Shelves:
By: Stephen M. DeBock
ISBN: 9781936564279
Expected Publication: October 14, 2011
Available Format: Hardcover, Paperback, ebook
My Rating:

In the throes of passion, Claire doesn’t take her lover seriously when he confesses he is a werewolf and asks if he can change her. When she awakes, it isn’t such a joke to her any longer. Claire manages to somehow adjust to her new life. Soon, however, her lover is led astray by another woman who wants his gift as well as his loyalty. When sh
Heather
Mar 21, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
I received this book from a Goodreads First Reads contest. The title is what caught my attention, and reading the synopsis intrigued me farther. Though werewolves and vampires are prevalent in young adult novels these days, I warn you, The Pentacle Pendant is not for the faint of heart. Adult language and subject matter, along with a plot that twists and turns, separate this book from the rest.

I highly recommend this title. I thank Goodreads and Stephen M DeBock for a truly pleasant surprise.
Stephanie
Oct 20, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Normally, a book takes me anywhere from a day to three days to read. This book, took me five days to read. I am by no means saying this as if it were a bad thing, so please don't take it that way. I am say this, because this is the first book of this kind I can say I have read. Sure the books with werewolves and vampires all have some gore to them. This one however, well it took the cak..., yeah that's not the right word for it. With that being said, please note if you don't have the stomach or ...more
7hir7een
Oct 07, 2011 7hir7een rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Pentacle Pendant had potential, but it couldn't quite live up to it. The plot itself is a generally interesting one. The synopsis of Claire's lover turning her into a werewolf, of Claire having to deal with moral/instinctual conundrums, of Claire's lover getting murdered and Claire herself being hunted sounds like an entertaining story. However, in practice, the style and approach left something to be desired.

I found that the book just did not keep my attention throughout a large portion of
Michael Gibbons
Oct 15, 2011 Michael Gibbons rated it really liked it
The Pentacle Pendant by Stephen M. DeBock.
This is an absorbing tale about a young woman. We meet her on her twenty-first birthday, alone, buying her first drink at a tavern. The story takes us from the drink to a time when she is frolicking at Camp David as a wolf, and werewolf, working for the President of the United States.
This is not a “young adult” vampire/werewolf story if young adult includes fourteen-year olds. There is explicit sex and a lot of horror, well written but not for young re
Sally Wolf
Apr 06, 2012 Sally Wolf rated it it was amazing
When Lukas, a handsome TA at Claire Delaney’s college, approached her at a bar, she had no idea that her life would change so drastically. At first she thought their meeting was just a cliché encounter that you could find in any smutty romance novel but as they talked she found him so intriguing she could not let him slip away. During their first night together, he begged her to share his gift with him. Unwittingly she accepts and soon finds that her whole life has been turned inside out. You w ...more
Linda
Oct 31, 2011 Linda rated it did not like it
Claire Delaney is a senior in college when she meets Lukas. Lukas decides he loves her shortly after they meet and decides to turn her into a werewolf. Together they are test subjects for a doctor trying to find a "cure" but Lukas calls it a gift. Werewolves are not the only paranormals out there and it quickly becomes very tense.

Honestly, I did not like this story. Everything was about sex and there was profanity all over the place. There was also a lot of graphic murders. It was a very uncomfo
Sheri
Oct 27, 2011 Sheri rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The Pentacle Pendant follows Claire, who is unwittingly turned into a werewolf by her boyfriend. He asked her permission to do it, but of course she thought he was joking. After Claire is turned, the story follows her as she learns to adapt to her new life that she has no choice now but to accept as a reality. We see her struggle to live a "normal" life with school, a job, and friends, and also to come to terms with her wolf side.

The author did a great job at really making the characters come a
Lisa Elizabeth
I have to say, when I started this book, I wasn't terribly into it. But I am so glad I stuck with it. It took a while to find its rhythm and the plotting is a bit uneven, but I really enjoyed it. There were some great twists that caught me off guard and didn't feel trite or cliched. The second half is definitely stronger, so do stick with it; I think you'll find it's worth the effort.

Word of warning: This book is extremely graphic in terms of the violence, so be wary if that sort of thing upsets
Jillyn
Jan 03, 2012 Jillyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
Antica
Christopher Payne
Aug 21, 2011 Christopher Payne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: journalstone

As Claire learns to adapt to her new life, her lover finds his integrity compromised: by a lusty and mysterious female who seduces him into sharing his lycanthropy in return for
Natasha
Oct 10, 2011 Natasha rated it it was ok
I was turn off by the cover but the story is not that bad, well at first. Although I do think the bedroom scenes are over excessive and does not really add to the story. At first, I was intrigued by the opening epilogue. After reading the first few chapters, I got lost. I mean the story is a flashback of sorts so you have to really get into the action to understand it. Claire is an unfortunate girl who got turn into a werewolf by her boyfriend; Lukas.

She's supposed to be this kick-ass character
Jennifer Wolf
Nov 11, 2011 Jennifer Wolf rated it really liked it
Shelves: won
I enjoyed this book! It started out a little slow, with characters who were hard to relate to. But as the book progressed, the characters' thoughts and actions became more believable and easier to relate to. By mid-book I was attached to the Claire, and really cared about what happened to her. And although the middle of the book was a little slow moving, the last few chapters were fantastic!
It's not a book that I would associate with the horror genre, I'd consider it more sci-fi/fantasy.
Lynda
Mar 19, 2012 Lynda rated it really liked it
I won this book on goodreads firstreads. This book was great from the first page. I found myself caring about the people in it, I love a books that make you feel as if the people in it are people you know. I usually don't pick books to read that have werewolves in them, but that is one of the reasons I love goodreads, because I read books, and great ones at that, that I would have never picked up for myself from a store. Highly recommend this book.
H.R.
May 11, 2014 H.R. rated it it was amazing
My friend, Steve has written a novel worthy of a New York publisher and nationwide distribution. I loved this story!
Adia2728
Nov 23, 2011 Adia2728 rated it liked it
I won this book for free through a Goodreads giveaway.

I liked the fact that this book wasn't your typical paranormal romance - it was darker than usual.

Altough the middle of the book was a little slow for me, it really paid off at the end! I really wanted to know what happened to Claire, you just can't help yourself.

I would definitely recommend this. Thank you!
Jessica
Apr 22, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I couldnt put it down. Cant wait to read more books by Stephen!!!
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Jennifer Boyett
Jennifer Boyett marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Raven Ward
Raven Ward rated it liked it
May 06, 2013
Squeak
Squeak rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Natalie Shannon
Natalie Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2012
  • Shaman's Blood
  • The Demon of Renaissance Drive
  • Imperial Hostage (Destruction, #1)
  • Contrition
  • Ghosts of Coronado Bay (Maya Blair Mysteries, #1)
  • Pazuzu's Girl
  • Craving
  • Jokers Club
  • Vale of Stars
  • Terovolas
  • The Savior Rises (The Gargoyle Prophecies, #1)
  • God's Eye
  • Priestess of the Eggstone
  • The Donors
  • Women Scorned
  • Bull Running for Girls
  • Mister October, Volume I - An Anthology in Memory of Rick Hautala
  • Limbus, Inc. (Book, #2)
As a boy, Stephen M. DeBock used to entertain (and frighten) the neighborhood children by telling them stories from his favorite horror comics. As a middle school teacher, he continued the tradition by starting the year with a story from a horror anthology. Upon retirement from his public school and later college careers, he has had time to create his own horror tales: from a children’s vampire sp ...more
More about Stephen M. DeBock...