Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires, #5)

Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires #5)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  4,426 ratings  ·  288 reviews
The last thing vampire bodyguard Zane wants to do is to guard a hybrid, a half-vampire, half-human, whose father wants to keep her a virgin. Known for his violent temper and callous lack of compassion, Zane’s out-of-control rage, born of the cruelty he suffered during the Holocaust, drives him to focus only on revenge. Trying to find the last of his torturers is his only g...more
Published November 2011

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuirePerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeDevil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
Bad boys meet the virgins
135th out of 673 books — 1,512 voters
Bared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Fifty Shades Support Group - Book Recommendations
188th out of 1,220 books — 2,036 voters

More lists with this book...

Tracey
I've read all of this series and so far Samson and Gabrielle's book was my favourite, but Zane you've stole my heart.

Photobucket

This is Zane's story and its heartbreaking and hard to read at times, it's seems more than a vampire romance novel, Zane has seen so much and gone through so much, he lived through ww2.

Photobucket

Of course you could say this is all fiction, but unfortunately ww2 camps were real and horrifying and this book delves into that, with added vampirism!

Because of all this he keeps parts of himse...more
Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews:::
Book 5 of the Scaguards Vampire Series by Tina Folsom focuses on Zane. The onery loner vampire of the Scanguards crew. Since brutally murdering a rapist one night Samson decides he's fed up with Zane's antics. So instead of firing him, him and Gabriel try to teach him a lesson. But babysitting a snobish half-breed princess is the last thing Zane excpects. Neither is his fierce attraction to her.

Portia's a half-breed and she realizes her over-bearing Vampire Father has assigned a body guard to ke...more
Karla
The best book in the series!! I was surprised at the intensity of the book, the subject matter that was dealt with, and a twist that damn near had me falling out of my chair.

Zane is everything I love in an H. Tormented, protective, passionate, bad, but oh so good, and when he falls in love, he falls hard. Zane hasn’t allowed himself, or rather doesn’t feel he deserves, to be loved for over 60 years. His job with Scanguards hangs in the balance when he acts on his desire to be with Portia, a you...more
Ollie
Ollie's review for bittenbyparanormalromance

Zane's Redemption is the 5th book in the Scanguards Vampires series and it has not lost its steam and ability to pull the reader in with its compelling storyline and characters that regular readers of the series have come to love. Tina somehow manages to capture the essence of her characters and make them jump off the pages and come alive that you cannot help but feel their turmoil and passion throughout the book.

Regular readers of the series will reme...more
Kelly
Steph
Holy crap I loved this book!

This series has been a favourite of mine since I read the very first book (Samson's Lovely Mortal) in May 2011. For me it has a perfect balance of action, romance and humour.

Zane is incredible. I am a complete sucker for the agressive brooding male and Zane was no exception. The story of how he became a vampire was heartbreaking, it really makes you understand why he has become so hard. His need for revenge has completely taken over his life leaving him unable to...more
Tanya
Zane is pulled from A status in Scanguard because Samson fears he is losing his edge and sanity. Trying to pull him back Samson, Gabriel and the other core members try to soften him by removing him from stressful jobs, by removing his status and giving him a job babysitting a 20 year female put under their charge by her father whilst he is away on business. Little do the members know that Zane is about to react to this charge in a way none of them expect.

Portia is weeks away from turning 21 and...more
Booklover
Loved it! Hmm, I believe their was a couple similarities with another vampire book I read...can you guess? Yup! Zadist from BDB! I'm still a huge fan of BDB and Zadist, but this was a great read also.
Sammy
I couldn't put it down. I have been waiting for Zane to fall in love and leave it to him to fall hard! This was a wonderful book and I love this series!
Jo ★  The Book Sloth★
You know how in almost every series with immortal warriors out there there's one who is ready to go off the deap end? One who due to past torture or something tramautic has lost more of his humanity than others, in BDB it was Zsadist, in MB it was Tegan, in DH it was Zarek, etc. Well, that's what Zane is in this series, the wounded, sligtly feral one.

So, Zane...

Zane was just a little older than a teenager when he and his family were arrested and sent at a concentration camp. After surviving five...more
Louise Kemp
I will start with an admission I lurve a bit of vampire erotica/romance, and I lurve a bad boy !! Zane was introduced to us readers in Amaury's Hellion, and as soon as I read about him I wanted to know more and get into his character and back story, this book doesn't disappoint on these fronts as it gives you plenty of both!! It's hard to write this review as there are a few surprises along the way that I wouldn't want to give away and spoil anyone's reading pleasure, so I have given a brief out...more
 ~V~
**4 1/2 stars**

Really liked this one a lot! Didn't so much care for Zane in past books..he was psycho and creepy, but in this book we find out why he's so "hardened" on life and people in general..it's very tragic and sad. Definitely changed my mind about him after reading his book! Great addition to the Scanguards Vampire series..looking forward to the next one! :)
Kellie G.
Loved it! Best of series!
B.K. Walker
You all know I've been waiting for this book since the second book in the series. It's finally here and I didn't wait one second to go out and buy it! OMG am I glad I didn't wait!

Zane's Redemption by Tina Folsom was another brilliant, and when I say brilliant, I mean BRILLIANT, addition to the Scanguards series!!

Zane is a crazy vampire that has no thoughts about inflicting pain upon people, especially when it's to help his boss at Scanguards where he works as a bodyguard. After killing a would b...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Nov 21, 2011 t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any PNR/Vampire lovers
Recommended to t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ by: PA
Shelves: owned
Zane our badboy Scanguard Vampire has been acting worse then usual, taken off of the "best" jobs he is told to babysit Portia and almost 21 year old hybrid while her father is away. From the moment they meet sparks fly. We learn more of Zane's past and how he reconciles it to become the vampire that Portia needs. But Portia has secrets even she doesn't know.

Another great read by Tina Folsom. I was really worried that she was going to make Zane all soft and cuddly, I was really happy when Zane w...more
Maria Mercedes The Oracle Reviews
The last thing vampire bodyguard Zane wants to do is to guard a hybrid, a half-vampire, half-human, whose father wants to keep her a virgin. Known for his violent temper and callous lack of compassion, Zane's out-of-control rage, born of the cruelty he suffered during the Holocaust, drives him to focus only on revenge. Trying to find the last of his torturers is his only goal in life.

Portia is a young hybrid with a serious dilemma: in a few weeks, her body will be set in its final vampire form....more
Bookie | The BookChick
This book was absolutely brilliant. Tina Folsom did an amazing job in her portrayal of a young man who was turned into a vampire and escaped from the concentration camp after his parents were killed and after killing his sister, at her request, because she didn't want to live life as a vampire. The story was emotional and complex. Zane's became violent, self-destructive, and bent on seeking vengence to those who wronged him and his family. Enter Portia who wins his trust and his love. The romanc...more
Myvampfiction
Reviewed by Credoroza

*Warning: possible spoilers ahead.*

By far my favorite in the series and neck and neck with Amaury as my favorite vamp. I didn’t think much of Zane in the previous books but after reading his story, OMG! Tina completely out did herself.

Zane is a hard ass, no emotion vamp. His dark past only hinted upon in previous books in the series, but you never truly knew what his pain was caused from. A pain so deep he is incapable of love, giving or receiving. Completely closed off.

I do...more
SM Book Obsessions
Without a doubt one of my favorites in the Scanguards series. I have been chomping at the bit to get to Zane’s book to see this man be brought to his knees. I’m a major sucker for the dark, tortured soul, who turns to putty when he meets his perfect mate. Tortured he was….

“This is what I am, Portia. I did unspeakable things to survive. You don’t want my blood, believe me. I’m an animal”
Stunned at his self-hate, she stopped breathing.
“I’m a dirty Jew, Portia. Is that really what you want?”

Zane l...more
Annmarie
By far my favorite in the series and neck and neck with Amaury as my fav vamp. I didn't think much of Zane in the previous books but after reading his story, OMG! Tina completely out did herself.

Zane is a hard ass, no emotion vamp. His dark past only hinted upon in previous books in the series, but you never truly knew what his pain was caused from. A pain so deep he is incapable of love.

I don't want to give any spoilers for those who haven't read it yet but what I will say, Zane's story was ama...more
Katya
I loved it!

Zane reminded me alot of Zsadist of the Black Dagger Brothershood. Except maybe a few steps closer from the edge than Zsadist is. In the previous books I always felt sorry for Zane. He was always the outsider and you knew that his anger, alienation stemmed from some previous pain or anguish. This book followed the Scanguard formula with jumping right into the story at the beginning and having a really interesting back story that blew up into a heart thumping race for a solution. It wa...more
Zany Rin
Oh goodness! Zane's book is one of the best of the series! Had me in tears!!! At times it kinda reminded me of Zsadist of BDB you know the whole tortured soul and the question of will love set them free?. Understanding Zane's past really helps you understand him on a whole new level. I always knew his stoy was going to be deep but I never realized how deep Ms. Folsom would take us. Can't wait for the next installment!! I'm hoping Thomas or Quinn will be up next! All I ask is the Ms. Folsom doesn...more
Melindeeloo
review to come - here's a couple quick thoughts though - I enjoyed my first Scanguards and didn't have a problem picking up the series at book five. I had a pretty good idea where this one was going early on, but I liked the bad boy goes mushy for his heroine redemption theme, my only nit was that she's really young...
Kerry
fabulous story full of dark and deadly world of his pre-human time's zane will surprise all that read's his book, great twists and story throw's the meanist quiet of the group into turmoil and re-living his past, but with a possibility of a bright future absolutley fab !!!!
Aman
Out of all 5 books in the series, this one and the first are my favorite. Getting to know why Zane is so cold was heartfelt. I wanted to reach in and give him a hug. I loved the story line. I fell in love with Zane. Overall, great romantic series. Loved it!! I want more.
Heather
I really enjoyed this story. I am usually very OCD in my reading and when I saw that Zane was #5 in the series, I almost didn't read it. I am so glad that I did. I have taken a break from paranormal books lately, and this was a great read to dive back in. I will now have to fix my OCD life and one click from the beginning. This book can definitely be read as a stand alone. Tina Folsom is a new to me author and I will be reading more of her stuff soon. This book will pull at your heart strings an...more
Jamie
Jun 13, 2012 Jamie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: epubs
OMG that was such a sweet story!! I really enjoyed reading Zane's story it was the best of all.
Dany Mclean
The intrigue is very good !!! It was hard to put the book down wiht Zane has the main caractere.
The autor wrote a part of the story line that took place during the holocaust and I thought it was well written.

This was the 5th one of the serie, so far it seems to be the last one that was translated in French, (which I prefer to read). Can't wait to read the others.

Je vous recommande ce 5e tome de la série Scanguard de Tina Folsom. Une partie de l'intrigue se passe durant la douloureuse période de...more
Margaret Goehring
With Zane's Redemption, the author has taken a series that has been just shy of plotless erotica and turned a corner to a series that has background and characters we can care about. The previous books, while being light enjoyable reading, were also light on character depth. More time was spent on sex than character building and even though they were fun to read, I started wishing for more meat to the stories.
In this book we learn all about Zane, who has been a back character for a few books now...more
Racquel Reck
ZANE!!! When I found out the next book was about him I couldn't wait for the release. He was my favorite vampire from the start. Love his quiet deadly vibe. I'm such a sucker for that kind of man and his story didn't disappoint.

Tina did a wonderful job incorporating history into this piece. Zane was part of a science experiment when his family was captured during the holocaust. His demons come back to haunt him in a way that I couldn't have anticipated.

Portia is a halfbreed virgin nearing h...more
  • Duncan (Vampires in America, #5)
  • Justice (New Species, #4)
  • Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)
  • Eternal Hearts (A Darkness Within, #2)
  • Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
  • Blane (Blood and Sex, #3)
  • Daric's Mate (The Vampire Coalition, #5)
  • Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2)
  • Falling for You (Trueblood, #2)
I am a NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY Bestselling romance author and write mostly paranormal romances. As a member of the Romance Writers of America I work with critique partners and constantly exchange ideas with other writers.

My books are available Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Kobo, and other retailers.

Become a follower and receive updates on what's going on in my writing and my life:

Twitt...more
More about Tina Folsom...
Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires, #1) Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2) Gabriel's Mate (Scanguards Vampires, #3) Yvette's Haven (Scanguards Vampires, #4) Lawful Escort (Eternal Bachelors Club, #1)

“When I'm near you, I can feel you in here."

She pressed her hand against her heart.

"And when you're gone, there's an emptiness there. And it hurts. and the pain only goes away when you're close again. Tell me, Zane, tell me what that is."

~Portia”
25 likes
“Yes, baby girl. I'll wait until you're ready, until you know for sure that you want me. Because once you say yes, I'll never let you go."

~Zane”