Start by marking “The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)

The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek #4)

Though Caroline Wallace can't have a family, she can still have a purpose. Becoming Simpson Creek's new schoolmarm helps heal the heartache of losing Pete, her fiancé, to influenza. Then Pete's brother arrives, trailing a herd of cattle and twin six-year-old girls.Jack Collier expected Pete and his bride to care for his daughters until he was settled in Montana. But bad we ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Rancher's Courtship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rancher's Courtship

MariaFernanda
Apr 11, 2012 MariaFernanda rated it really liked it
Absolutely lovely! Another beautiful novel by Kingery!! And a fantastic addition to the Brides of Simpson Creek! When I was in the library today, I was torn over which books to leave behind (we were under strict orders to only bring 5!). Well, I certainly put this book in my take asap pile!! And I don't regret it! (By the way, I ended up sneaking 9 books to rent! Oh yeah!)
It was very touching and filled me with a renewed sense of love toward myself and those close to me, family and friends!
The
Carol Erhardt
Nov 03, 2011 Carol Erhardt rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys reading Christian historical romances
Just finished reading The Rancher's Courtship by Laurie Kingery. This is the fourth book in the Brides of Simpson Creek series. I enjoy reading historicals set in America in the mid-1800's. This one didn't disappoint. Along with the romance, there were some serious issues explored as well: sexual harrassment and child abuse. And the ending was dramatic, suspenseful, and kept me up way past my bedtime to finish it!
Mom
Jan 13, 2017 Mom rated it it was ok
Shelves: karen-s-kindle
Too predictable - but to read about that time in history makes one glad to live in this time period. One room schooling was hard for teacher and pupil. School teacher was a prestigious job though. Child abuse and spouse abuse are never a good thing even in today's society. I cannot imagine having to wear mourning clothes for a year! Glad that tradition has gone by the wayside. I guessed from the beginning that Jack would end up with Caroline but sure drug that storyline out too much in the book. ...more
Highland-dreamer
Jan 14, 2012 Highland-dreamer rated it really liked it
Linda
Jul 02, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
I'm reading all the books in this series "Bridges of Simpson Creek" and this is the 4th in the series. These are "sweet" romance and are also Historical romances from "Love Inspired" books. There is no "heat" in this book and these books are "Faith" base. It's just a very sweet romance about a lady that lost her Fiance to influenza and becomes the Schoolmarm of her little town. Then out of the blue the brother of the fiance shows up hoping to see his brother and meet his new wife (mail being wha ...more
Gail
Jan 28, 2012 Gail rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How do you go on when the man you are about to marry dies from a flu epidemic? Well you do go on and end up meeting his brother who has lost his wife and comes to town with his two children without realizing that his brother has died until Caroline tells Jack! There is some sort of immediate attraction between them and Caroline really loves his two children and eventually they realize they are falling in love and end up together!
I loved this story and would have given it 5 stars except it seemed
steph
This was cute. Albeit predictable at times but still very, very cute and enjoyable. The romance was sweet between the leads and the twins were adorable seven year old. This series is really well done as a whole. Every book leaves me happy when I close the last page. Its nothing new as far as plot goes, but it has goos writing and lively characters.
Christina
Sep 19, 2011 Christina rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, love-inspired
A good story, but I have to say that I liked the previous books in the series better, hence the 4 stars instead of 5 stars. I loved all of Laurie's books in this series, and I am glad that she is already planning to write two more.
Nina
Jan 26, 2012 Nina rated it it was amazing
This is a great book, filled with lots of beautiful descriptions, characters, action and a very interesting story line. This writer takes you right into the book, and I loved it.
Shawn
Mar 31, 2014 Shawn rated it liked it
For some reason I think this book was my least favorite so far in the series but still enjoyed the book.
Pam M
Jan 14, 2012 Pam M rated it really liked it
This was really another 3.5 for me, a little dragged out in places but It was an enjoyable read no the less.
Eesh
Mar 04, 2012 Eesh rated it really liked it
I loved everything about this book. The H and h met under horrible circumstances, but gradually build a love for one another. Great romance novel.
Paige
Paige rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
May 04, 2012
Pat Oringer
Pat Oringer rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2014
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2014
Bailey
Bailey rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2013
Nadine
Nadine rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2012
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Jacquelynn Parent
Jacquelynn Parent rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Janelle
Janelle rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2013
Michele Benchouk
Michele Benchouk rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014
Rv
Rv rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 01, 2015 12:16PM
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • Winning the Widow's Heart (Prairie Courtships, #1)
  • Wooing the Schoolmarm (Pinewood Weddings, #1)
  • The Cowboy Tutor (Three Brides for Three Cowboys, #1)
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • Snowflake Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #4)
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2)
  • The Bride Next Door (Texas Grooms, #2)
  • Courting the Doctor's Daughter
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • An Honorable Gentleman
1934565
Laurie Kingery is a central Ohio author and veteran E.R. RN who wrote 16 historical romances as Laurie Grant and now writes inspirational historicals for Steeple Hill. She won the Reader's Choice for short historicals in 1994. Her website is http://www.lauriekingery.com. Country Christmas was her first inspirational historical in Oct. '08; her next release from Steeple Hill was The Outlaw's Lady i ...more
More about Laurie Kingery...

Brides of Simpson Creek (9 books)
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2)
  • The Sheriff's Sweetheart (Brides of Simpson Creek, #3)
  • The Preacher's Bride (Brides of Simpson Creek, #5)
  • Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)
  • A Hero in the Making (Brides of Simpson Creek, #7)
  • Hill Country Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #8)
  • Lawman in Disguise (Brides of Simpson Creek, #9)