Start by marking “My Truck is Stuck!” as Want to Read:
My Truck is Stuck!

My Truck is Stuck!

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  717 ratings  ·  86 reviews
Published September 1st 2002 by Disney-Hyperion (first published August 12th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about My Truck is Stuck!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Truck is Stuck!

David
My Truck is Stuck! by Kevin Lewis, illustrated by Daniel Kirk tells the story of a truck "haulin' a great big load" that gets stuck in a hole, while progressively larger vehicles try to help get it out.

Readers and listeners will count while different vehicles work together to extricate the stuck truck. A car, a moving truck, a jeep, a schoolbus and a towtruck all work at freeing the stuck truck. The large, bold font and lots of repetition make this a solid choice for transitional readers. The rh
Jodi Heidlage
This is a great book to use as an alternative to the little engine that could-especially for whom trucks may be more salient or who are more interested in trucks. In this book, a truck is stuck in a pothole and the drive has to try a variety of different techniques to get it unstuck. This book was shelved under problem-solving because it highlights the fact that the driver has to persist in trying several different strategies and enlisting the help of other people to get his truck un-stuck. This ...more
Elyce
Nice rhyming and simple story. My 2 year old nephew loved this book. I think we read it 13 times in 3 days.
Burgandy Ice
This book grew on me the more I read it with my boys. The idea is delightfully silly - the big truck gets stuck and lots of passerby's try to help pull it out of the hole, but nothing works until the tow truck arrives. The illustrations add another level to the story as gophers steal the dog's bones. The kids thought the sneaky gophers were hilarious.

The book is fun to read outloud as each vehicle makes a different honking noise, but that's not my favorite part. What I liked best was the use of
Gina Saenz
Sep 13, 2013 Gina Saenz added it
Shelves: libs-642
Category: Picture Soak
Source: I like!

One of the books I found and enjoyed reading was titled “My Truck is Stuck” by Kevin Lewis and Daniel Kirk. The book is geared towards pre-school aged children. My grandson would love this book because it involves a dump truck, a school bus, and a tow truck. The premise of the book is that the dump truck gets stuck in a hole and he calls out for passing vehicles to help pull him out. The book includes counting as it counts how many vehicles are trying to pull
Shayla.boyle
A book about teamwork, this book for young readers shows how sometimes when things go wrong you just need to be patient and somebody will be able to help you through your situation at hand. This book, with the main problem being a truck getting stuck, must learn to wait for the tow truck to come and help them get out of the hole! With a stuck truck, despite many tugs and tows, this stuck truck just won't go! As you read, you will hear the beeps and roars the engines make trying to get this stuck ...more
James Mertz
This is a very excellent childrens book for boys. It rhymes has dogs driving cars and has a dump truck! also it teaches kids to try to help one another when in a jam. I deffintly recomend this book if you have boys
Angie
Synopsis: "My Truck Is Stuck. Rotten luck. Can't go! My truck is stuck. Tug and tow. Two engines roar. But the truck won't go. Not one inch more. Does anyone know how to make my stuck truck go? In this lyrical read-aloud, young drivers are introduced to the ins and outs of hauling, beeping, and repairing -- get ready for a fun ride!"

My Review: This was a fun book. The pictures are great and Munchkin loves flipping the pages. The story kind of gets me hung up from time to time because it will sta
Tonya
We have this one memorized! Cute book. N picked it out and it's been one of his favorites for a long time.
Anna Zukowski
Fun language to teach kids about how towing and trucks work.
Amy
My nephew wasn't terribly interested in this book tonight. Unfortunately for My Truck is Stuck, it had to compete with T. Rex Trouble. My niece seemed to enjoy this one a little bit, though. I think that her fascination was with the pictures--there's a pretty cute little story going on in those.

The story itself is probably really better for kids even younger than my nephew (under 4 years old). I think this one really kind of lacked the adventure he seems to dig.
Kim
Dec 04, 2014 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: toddler
G loves this one!
Savannah
I like how this story was an add on story and rhyming sing song feel. A dump truck haulin' a great big load gets stuck in a great big hole! BEEP BEEP here comes (said vehicle) to help pull out the truck that's stuck in the hole. "Rotten luck. Can't go. My truck is stuck!" Until… the mechanic comes! All the while the little dogs are stealing the bones from the truck that's stuck. Nice diversion. *wink wink*
Caroline
The truck driver is hauling a shipment of bones, but when his truck wheel falls into a hole, it takes lots of help to try and make his stuck truck go. The children may notice the gophers that dug the hole and are busy unloading the bones while the driver recruits help.

The story uses repetition and rhyme effectively and it's a great storytime book.
Tara Mensing
The book is a silly concept book about a truck that gets stuck. It incorporates the counting numbers 1-5, while many people come along to help when finally a tow truck saves the day. The book uses rhyme and repetition of words to increase phonemic awareness in children. The book also scaffolds the text by different font to show onomatopoeia.
Brenda Pritchard
toddler-->preschool story time; narrative skills, print motivation, phonological awareness
This story is about a truck who gets stuck and requires help getting out of his predicament. Children are encouraged to repeat the common phrase in the book "My truck is stuck". It gives a participation moment for the story time presenter.
Emilyn
My son absolutely loves this book. He wants me to read it to him over and over again. It has multiple learning opportunities. All the vehicles that stop to help are different (moving van, bus, jeep, etc.), they are all different colors and the book works on counting as more and more vehicles try to help get the truck out.
Mary
This book is about a truck that gets stuck and how the community works together to get it unstuck again. There is rhyming, large words that show the sounds the cars make, and counting on each page, so it touches a variety of ECRR skills. Large, colorful pictures make it an ideal book for read aloud.
Lauren Brown
This is a good book for beginning readers. It is a rhyming book that is about a truck getting stuck and all these different vehicles try to pull it out and can't until a tow truck comes along. Young boys would probably really enjoy this sort of book because of it being about trucks.
Katie Jelinek
In this lyrical read-aloud, young drivers are introduced to the ins and outs of hauling, beeping, and repairing. This story stresses on the idea that even with bad luck, with the help of others, your luck cna turn around. I read this to my second grade class, and they really enjoyed it.
Sarajane
A friend gave this to me because her son loved it -- and my little guy does too. I read this at least once a day to my toddler. We dont always make it through all the text but we do look at all the pages. The rhymes are repetitive but creative. Drawings are bright and expressive.
Eva Leger
This is for kids younger than my daughter at 5 and we only brought it home because she was so determined to read exactly this book for whatever reason. It was cute and she got chuckle out of it - I'd recommend more for the baby and young toddler crowd than anyone else.
Jessie
Jul 14, 2009 Jessie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: baby, own
This is a fun book to read to a small child. The rhyming is great, the noises and the illustrations are wonderful. It has some counting. Different automobiles and trucks with a variety of animal characters. I would definitly like to add this one to my collection.
Esmoi
The fourth star is for the sake of my four year old, who requests this book time and again. Personally, I find the text a little awkward and I'm bothered by the fact that I can't tell what those bone-gnawing animals are supposed to be... but he loves it!
Nicole Yncera
How many engines does it take to get a pothole-ambushed dump truck unstuck? Readers travel through a stretch of desert road with canines at the wheel before arriving at a shaggy dog of an answer. The pooch driver flags down four vehicles in succession
Ratforcekids
When a dump truck "haulin' a great big load" gets stuck in the mud, progressively larger vehicles try to pull it out, in a lyrical read-aloud where young truck drivers are introduced to the ins and outs of hauling, beeping, and repairing.
Dolly
Oct 25, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun book that takes a simple topic (a truck getting stuck) and adds fun illustrations and a rhyming narrative to turn it into a great book to read aloud. It's probably more of a favorite for boys, but our girls liked it too.
Robin
My 2-year-old LOVES this book. In fact, he reads it so often that when I found a board book version I bought it. The rhyming did seem a little weird to me at first but now I've read it so many times I can recite it by memory.
Mary Train
Maybe for little boys, this would beat out stories like Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum (Lisa Wheeler) because of the truck, but I would call this one a mediocre attempt at the getting stuck theme. Read Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum instead!
Jocelin
Good book for rhyming. Not as compelling or rich as "The Little Blue Truck". It is fun enough for a good story time book. If you have a storyteller that does "good character" voices, then the story will come alive for you.
  • I'm Dirty!
  • Starry Safari
  • My Car
  • Two at the Zoo
  • What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby?
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
  • Tanka Tanka Skunk!
  • One Duck Stuck
  • The Wheels on the Bus
  • Thump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky Adventure
Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo The Runaway Pumpkin Not Inside This House! Tugga-Tugga Tugboat Dinosaur Dinosaur