Start by marking “The Human Odyssey: Navigating the Twelve Stages of Life” as Want to Read:
The Human Odyssey: Navigating the Twelve Stages of Life
Preview

The Human Odyssey: Navigating the Twelve Stages of Life

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Many excellent volumes have been devoted to some of the key chapters in our lives, from classics on early childhood and the teen years to bestsellers that identify pivotal phases in adulthood. But renowned educator, parenting expert, veteran workshop leader, and successful author Thomas Armstrong, PhD covers the entire journey.
With Dr. Armstrong, we can travel through the
Published July 1st 2007 by Sterling (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Human Odyssey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Human Odyssey

Chayne
This is a must have in anyone's library who is into the self-help movement or interested in spirituality, psychology, and/or personal development. Thomas Armstrong combines into one book, the twelve stages of one's own lifetime; starting with Prebirth all the way to The Afterlife. He infuses history, literature, psychology, spirituality, science, and media to help back his ideas up with facts and to help one better understand their own true nature. Throughout reading this book, I learned so much ...more
Afton
What a fabulous book! If you've ever wondered what the motives were that led to certain actions, decisions, or ways of thinking at any stage of your life, this book gives fascinating explanations.

This is a large book and seems somewhat daunting at the first "flip-through", but I was pleased to discover that the topics were so interesting that I could actually sit and read for awhile without getting bogged down with language or information barriers. The author uses numerous examples, including f
Colin
A treatise on all the stages of life and beyond - as the book also deals with what comes before life and the possibilities of an afterlife - attempting to construct a comprehensive, integrated view of a whole life. It's a very nice book, a bit whimsical at times for my tastes, but striving above all to be practical and useful. I think this book will be far more useful to those who have a strong spiritual component to their current lives and personality.
Joan
One of the best books I have read describing the stages of human development from birth to the afterlife. I would recommend this book to anyone trying to understand human nature and why we act the way we do.
Chris
Very thorough synthesis of the physical, psychological and spiritual movement through all the life stages. LOTS of information, well-written, makes a lot of sense and gives a lot of insight.
Matt Holloway
Surprisingly un-flakey for a flakey book.
Julinda Ooi
Julinda Ooi marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Antoine Rookard
Antoine Rookard marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Ian O'Gorman
Ian O'Gorman marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Severine Sibanda
Severine Sibanda marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Inge
Inge is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2015
Karin Mersereau
Karin Mersereau is currently reading it
Jan 29, 2015
Israel Aseminaso
Israel Aseminaso marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Samuel Olarinde
Samuel Olarinde marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Jz
Jz marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Amin Al-hassan
Amin Al-hassan is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2014
Kevin Mellett
Kevin Mellett marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
True Izaya
True Izaya marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Varun K
Varun K marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Mg
Mg marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Saumiss
Saumiss marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Listman
Listman marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
James Wanzer
James Wanzer marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Thomas Armstrong, Ph.D. is the author of fourteen books including the forthcoming book Neurodiversity: Discovering the Extraordinary Gifts of Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, and Other Brain Differences.

His other books include, The Human Odyssey: Navigating the Twelve Stages of Life (www.thehumanodyssey.com), In Their Own Way, 7 Kinds of Smart, Awakening Your Child's Natural Genius, Multiple Intelligences
More about Thomas Armstrong...
Seven Kinds of Smart: Identifying and Developing Your Multiple Intelligences Neurodiversity: Discovering the Extraordinary Gifts of Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, and Other Brain Differences In Their Own Way: Discovering and Encouraging Your Child's Multiple Intelligences Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom You're Smarter Than You Think: A Kid's Guide to Multiple Intelligences