Start by marking “Emerald Moon (Prides of the Moon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Emerald Moon (Prides of the Moon, #2)

Emerald Moon (Prides of the Moon #2)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Ben Harkil had long ago given up on love, refusing to believe that he was worthy of it. When he is given the gift of a 1 Night Stand blind date he goes into it expecting nothing more than a night of savage pleasure. Instead he finds the missing piece of his heart.

Jude Carson has an impossible task in front of him. He has to convince the man that he hasn't seen in fifteen y
Published August 23rd 2011 by Decadent Publishing (first published August 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Emerald Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emerald Moon

Deeze
I so wanted to like this more but unfortunately for me it fell flat. I was expecting a nice angsty fic of 2 lovers caught in a web of deciet and intrigue but instead all i got was a quick glossed over explanation and then sex.

Sorry but just another run of the mill shifter fic with nothing except the cover to recomend it.
Vio
Aug 25, 2011 Vio rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: shifter
My hopes were dashed again, it had so much potential and didn't quite make it. Way too short to get a feel for any deep and meaningful relationship. A disappointing read.
Serena Yates
Emerald Moon was a nice surprise for me on several levels. It is part of the 1 Night Stand series at Decadent Publishing, but it isn’t about what you could call a ‘typical’ one night stand, if there even is such a thing. I liked that surprise. It is also about werepumas and dealing with a past that haunts both main characters, which adds a back story that gives the story extra flavor. While it turned out that this is the second book in the Prides of the Moon series (something I had totally overl ...more
Chris
2.5 stars. Ok short paranormal m/m romance about a puma shifter who hasn't seen his mate since killing his mate's serial killer brother many years ago. I suspect I won't be reading more in this series, since it sounds like most of them will be m/m/f.
Tam
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews

This short story is set in an established shifter world which began in Book 1, however there is enough background given that you don’t need to have read the first book to read this one. Both are puma shifters which is a bit different from the usual wolves that inhabit shifter books. I found the background given about how Jude and Ben originally mated was well woven in to the story and you didn’t feel it was an info dump or that you were somehow
Maxie
Emerald Moon was a very, very short story about love, deceit and forgiveness. The story had a nice theme.
Ben and Jude have known each other for many years thanks to their connection to Axel. Axel was Alpha of the Pride pack. Ben was asked by Axel to be his beta. Ben met Jude Axel's young brother and fell in love with him. Axel was a cold blooded killer and betrayed both Jude and Ben using them as pawns for the numerous murders he committed. After Ben discovers Axel's crimes and Axel trying to f
Mandi
2 stars for the cover alone! Too short of a story to really connect with either character. And who wants to read a m/m romance story knowing that sometime in the near future the couple will be looking for a woman to add to the relationship? (and yes, that's totally just my own opinion, but it kind of ruined the HEA vibe from the whole book for me)
Meganjoy
Even for a short 10k word novel there just wasn't enough detail, she would mention things and that was it no other detail added so it read like it wasn't complete ... Oh and i don't get why at the end she had to add in that they needed to get a female mate to start a new pride Like the two of them wasn't enough ... Pretty bad
Lexi Ander
2.5 Stars The start was great with the tension, PTSD, and the angst but then it smoothed out to something typical and predictable. Nothing wrong with it really. Just smooth sailing when I wanted something more.
Got Romance!  Reviews
Title: Emerald Moon (1Night Stand GLBT)
Author: Ann Mayburn
Heat Level: Erotic
Other: anal/oral play, GLBT
Reviewer: TJ
Date: October 16, 2011

Ben Hanson had long ago given up on love, refusing to believe he was worthy of it. When he is given the gift of a 1Night Stand blind date, he goes into it expecting nothing more than a night of sa
WildAboutBones
A seriously sexy read that left me breathing hard. This is the second in Mayburn's new Prides of the Moon series which is part of Decadent Publishing's 1 Night Stand series. I love the cover! Is there anything sexier than a wet man?

Madame Eve of the 1 Night Stand dating service can put another notch in her belt for bringing two people together in another perfect match in this twenty-eight page short.

Ben Hanson, bisexual werepuma beta and enforcer, is hurting. He misses his former lover but w
CrazyMoo
Thank you to the author for this book.

Tracie Runge
Emerald Moon by Ann Mayburn

Ben Harkil has seen a lot in his time as part of a shifter special forces with the military he has also had to do his share of killing. The only thing Ben wishes for tonight is for someone to ease his spirit and take away the pain of all he has seen as well as the ache in his heart for the mate he left.

Jude Mason was the brother of Axel a sadistic alpha killer but he was also mated to Ben. When Ben was forced to kill Alex, Jude was left devastated and could not believe
Kelly
Holy wow. Ben and Jude are *fans self* hot together. I don't know if it's Ben's broken, tortured side (I do love my tortured heroes, don't I?) or what but this was a slice of m/m lovin' that really hit the spot. There's also a *slight* possibility that I got a little teary over Ben's issues. I just love those characters that are struggling to find themselves again after years of being mentally beaten down.

Madame Eve has done it again and given us another round of hot sexin' that's bound to turn
Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Books blog
Reviewed by Nichelle
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

Ann Mayburn continues to amaze me with her vivid story telling. I loved this 1NS story. There was enough backstory about the two main characters so that this being a short didn’t matter. This was 28 pages of delightful, tension filled, sexy fun!

Ben is a wonderful character that you feel for because he is a ex-Marine with PTSD. He feels unworthy of love and pines for a love lost. Jude has to prove that he i
ManOhMan
Reviewed by Mia: Emerald Moon is a 1 Night Stand Short Story.

The story has some hot scenes and a bit of fun in it. It’s a good story to read on its own, but it also sets it up quite nicely for Turquoise Moon (MMF) which has the same main characters as Emerald Moon.

There are a few things left unsaid like Ben not telling his mate about his PTSD for example, but hopefully that will be mentioned in the next book.

Overall it was a good read.

C+

Link: http://manohmanreviews.blogspot.com/2...
Evita
I love the 1NS stories, especially shifter ones. The next installment is M/M and very hot. Ben has had to struggle with what he had to do years and years ago; his blind date is with Jude, someone from his past, someone he knew intimately. Ben feels what he did is unforgivable; however, Jude is the one looking for forgiveness.

Jude, an Alpha, has come looking for him to be his Beta and to prove he still loves him.

Awesome story of second chance love of two tortured heroes, souls being reunited an
April
What a great story! I am not much of an MM reader, unless it is in a series. Loved reading about Ben and more about his past. There is such a wealth of feeling in the backstory for Ben and Jude. It is a delight reading about them and then the smexy date happens.

I loved the mixed narrative, really helps having both sides of the story. Another winner in the series and the 1NightStand collection!
Rachel
Just too short for me to connect to the characters and what they had to go through. And although I have read some of the other 1 Night Stand books, this wasn't as much of a stand alone as the others I have read were.
Danielle
I loved it! Only complaint was that it was too short. I would've like to have read more about Ben and Jude. But it was a nice, hot read. I love that Ann doesn't mince her words when it comes to sex. :heart:
Mel
I liked Emerald Moon but wish it had been longer. Fortunately Ben and Jude's story continues with the next novella in the Prides of the Moon series. 3.5 stars.
Julie Burns
Long lost love.
A misunderstanding, but a chance of love second time around.
Loved the chemistry between Jace and Ben
Gigi staub
cannot wait to read what happens next with Ben and Jude....don't tell the hubby I should be working on Christmas cards :)
Susan
Not as good as the first book but thats probably personal taste rather than how it was written or the story..
Meggie
For my piece of mind this short chapter was to simple, easy and bland. Where the heck was the plot...
LorettaLynn
short sexy and so spicy
a most read if thats what your looking for

Paris        (kerbytejas)
even shorted then book 1 - story had ok premise
Kaila
Like it very entertaining
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
  • Somewhere in Between (1 Night Stand, #35)
  • Turkish Delights (1 Night Stand, #54)
  • Celestial Seduction
  • A New Orleans Threesome (The Vampire, The Witch and The Werewolf, #2)
  • Wet Dream (1 Night Stand, #24)
  • Sweet Irish Kiss (Irish Kisses, #1)
  • Unwanted Mate (Shifters & Bikers, #1)
  • Bear It All
  • Cinderella Wore Combat Boots (1 Night Stand, #31)
  • Fairy Casanova
  • Strawberry Kisses (1 Night Stand, #29)
  • Jungle Inferno (Phoenix Agency, #1)
  • A Marine Affair (Always a Marine, #13)
  • The Gift
  • The Virgin and the Playboy (1 Night Stand, #2)
Ann is Queen of the Castle to her wonderful husband and three sons in the mountains of West Virginia. In her past lives she's been an Import Broker, a Communications Specialist, a US Navy Civilian Contractor, a Bartender/Waitress, and an actor at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. She also spent a summer touring with the Grateful Dead(though she will deny to her children that it ever happened).

Fro
More about Ann Mayburn...
Exquisite Trouble (Iron Horse MC, #1) My Wicked Valentine (Club Wicked, #1) My Wicked Nanny (Club Wicked, #2) Ivan's Captive Submissive (Submissive's Wish, #1) The Breaker's Concubine