Start by marking “Lucky Star” as Want to Read:
Lucky Star

Lucky Star

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,383 Ratings  ·  109 Reviews
Mouse is doing his best to stay out of trouble. Cat is doing her best to land herself in it. They've both had it pretty tough so when they meet by chance they thank their lucky stars. Weird and wonderful things happen when they're together - but how long can it last? Because everyone has their secrets - and there can be only one winner in a game of cat and mouse. Can't the ...more
Published 2007 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Star

Ali
Sep 15, 2011 Ali rated it it was amazing
This book is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really real ...more
Saniya
Dec 13, 2010 Saniya rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It was so cute and sweet and adventurous! My friend suggested me to read this book from the library and honestly I adored this book!

Might contain spoilers!

Characters:
I loved Mouse. He was a lonely-emo sort of character who was poor, his dad ditched him when he was seven, his mom involved in drugs, living in a bad community and thought he could never date a rich girl. On the other hand, Cat was rich and pretty but she lost her brother, no one pays attention to her, was left al
Kathleen Boyle
Nov 06, 2015 Kathleen Boyle rated it really liked it
This is a really easy read, I'd read the book when I was a few years younger and found it in my bookshelves last week and felt the urge to re-read it as I'd loved it the first time.

The story is simple but at the same time beautiful. Mouse is a character you can't help but love despite his initial reckless behavior. His past is heartbreaking and yet he still manages to open up to someone after a bit of a confidence boost.

Cat is the real troublemaker in this book. She's playing the biggest game
Alsie
Dec 17, 2014 Alsie rated it it was amazing
Man, this is got to be one of the best Cathy Cassidy books. Its very well written, sweet, with a little hint of romance, and the characters were protraying perfectly.

Chapter 18 is so sad, I cried. (seriously, the first time ive cried over a book!) :D

Its filled with sadness, happy moments, excitement almost everything I like in a book.

Mouse, the main character seemed so realistic, like a real person. His emotions were described so well I could understand how he felt.
Megan-Elizabeth
Feb 23, 2016 Megan-Elizabeth rated it liked it
Hannah
Jul 18, 2014 Hannah rated it really liked it
'Lucky Star' is all about a boy named Mouse who is from a troubled background. He has a huge secret and often finds himself expressing his anger and torment in a criminal way of graffiti. However, when he is trying to get on the straight and narrow, Mouse finds that his problems are only getting worse. His mums hopes and dreams are shattered, his house is burgled and he is a drug dealers new enemy all because of a rescued dog. To top it all of, Mouse has just met a girl named Cat, mystical, beau ...more
Amishka
Jan 11, 2012 Amishka rated it it was amazing
Lucky Star is a brilliant book such a great realationship with Cat and Mouse there is nothing I could that would be negative, would've been amazing if there was ever a sequel to Lucky Star, Cathy Cassidy is an amazing author and is continuing to do brilliant books.

Ps: Loving the new face covers !
Sienna K
Jul 09, 2011 Sienna K rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. It was just a cute, little book that I would probably never would have picked up if it weren't for my friend who suggested the author to me (thanks jo!!). I loved the characters- they were just so fun to read about, and the story was not at all boring.
Savannah Harriott
Jul 11, 2010 Savannah Harriott rated it really liked it
This confirms the truth of the saying 'don't judge a book by its cover'. i picked this book up expecting a girly story with not much substance but has much more reality than i first expected fun to read and fast paced.
Caitlin Lillie
Jul 13, 2013 Caitlin Lillie rated it liked it
I thought that I might have grown out of Cathy Cassidy by now. I still followed the Chocolate Box Girls Cherry Crush (The Chocolate Box Girls, #1) by Cathy Cassidy, peeked at my sister's copy of Daizy Star, Ooh La La Daizy Star, Ooh La La!. Cathy Cassidy by Cathy Cassidyand read Ginger Snaps about three times Ginger Snaps by Cathy Cassidybut it wasn't really my cup of tea anymore. Lucky Star proved me wrong.
I like Cathy Cassidy's older books better; my favourites are Ginger Snaps - 2008 - , Cherry Crush - 201- - and (now) Lucky Star - 2007 - . She went downhill a little with the other Chocolate Box Girls. I don't like these books be
Lisanne
Mar 15, 2015 Lisanne rated it it was ok
Shelves:
I did like the story but I think they tell it too slow, with too much details. The plot is a little far-fetched, but I liked the characters of Mouse and Cat. At first then don’t resemble at all but in the end they go together. I also liked the title because it really means something in this book. It is written simply so you can read it in 2 to 3 hours. I can’t recommend this book because it hasn’t got a special message. The book also ends as you expected it would end.
Hafeja Khanam
Apr 17, 2016 Hafeja Khanam rated it it was amazing
Lucky star was a great read. I read Dizzy and encountered Mouse as a small 7 year old boy and seeing him as a reckless 14 year old makes me smile! I love how Cat had so many secrets because there was some really big shocks in the book. I loved Cat and how she was so optimistic and never gave up. Cat and Mouse were such a cute coupe. And btw there can be two winners in a cat and mouse game as long as they give each other another chance
Muskan
May 22, 2015 Muskan rated it really liked it
More Accurate Rating: 3.5 Stars.

When I read Dizzy, the character of Mouse made me curious and I wanted to know about his thoughts. I was very excited to read this book, since it was from his point of view. I really liked Mouse's Mom. She is so amazing, I think if a kid reads this book, they can truly be inspired by her, learn how to be dedicated & stand up against wrong. I loved the part where Finn and Dizzy come. Glad to know they were together. (I Love Cathy Cassidy for that!) Lucky Star i
Sadhbh_potts
May 18, 2014 Sadhbh_potts rated it really liked it
CONTAINS SPOILERS

This is a very good book! Tension and romance at all the right places, the only problem is the fact that Cat all along was actually 12 thought that was pretty stupid and made it so awful and wrong that somebody of her age was involved in the content of the book.
Lilian
Jun 04, 2015 Lilian rated it really liked it
This is a very amusing book and i enjoyed it a lot,
i especially liked the ending because i didn't know that Cat's dad was Mouse's social worker( i think).
My favourite character was Cat because she is very caring even though she lied to Mouse a few times.
This is a very good book for peopler who like to read about relationships and about people's lives
Monica
Apr 13, 2014 Monica rated it it was amazing
This is the the king of the king of the king(king x1000) of all Cathy Cassidy books!!!
I love how she writes her comment at the first page.
This book is SO cute. A mouse(boy) hitting on a cat(girl)!!!!!!!! And he even drew a love heart for her!!! Thats just CUTE! X3
Chantelle Dreyer
Oct 18, 2014 Chantelle Dreyer rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, and the relationship between Cat and Mouse. Been a while since I read it, but my memory and looking at the book again tells me that it's worth a re-read and will be entertaining to read again.
Catherine Goodall
Jun 29, 2014 Catherine Goodall rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood-books
I thought it was great that Cassidy linked this book to Dizzy because, in Dizzy, Mouse did not have much say so it was really nice for him to have a voice. Not my favourite of hers but still a book I grew up with.
Chloe
May 28, 2015 Chloe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tween-teen
Lucky Star was my favourite book when I was eleven. A cute,easy read with lovable characters and a good storyline. I have to say it's still my favourite Cathy Cassidy book and the links to her other book Dizzy was brilliant.

Cat and Mouse are well written complex characters, you really root for Mouse and his Mum. There is the topic of Drugs and crime but it is delivered well and thought about, not thrown in with no development or explanation like other Authors have done.

There were responsible r
Eston Aires
Mar 30, 2014 Eston Aires rated it liked it
The characters are represented as 13 year olds when they have the lifestyle and maturity of an 18 year old. Needs to be looked at more closely by the author. Other than that it was great to read.
Irina T
Feb 18, 2016 Irina T rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best scene from this book is when Cat gives Mouse glow-in-the-dark stars to prove him that "the stars are always there, even if you can't always see them".
Lyndee
Sep 05, 2014 Lyndee rated it liked it
The first Cathy Cassidy book I read, but i can vividly remember being hooked from the first page! The story of Cat and mouse and their "love" (as depicted) is a perfect representation of teenage romance.
Becky Hancox
Jun 25, 2014 Becky Hancox rated it it was ok
This is probably my least favourite Cathy Cassidy book as I didn't particularly like the characters and preferred Cassidy writing from a girls point of view.
Luisa Linkenbach
Jan 31, 2013 Luisa Linkenbach rated it really liked it
This is the first book Cathy wrote from the point of view of a boy, and I loved it! Mouse has so many hidden problems and I actually read it before I read Dizzy, which you have to read because his childhood stories are in there and Finn and Dizzy also get mentioned in Lucky Star, etc etc, and I'm so angry at myself for not having read Dizzy first, but actually, it's amazing to read a book, then read one that has more details about the one you just read and then you read the first book again and ...more
Sally Smale
Jan 25, 2016 Sally Smale rated it really liked it
First Cathy Cassidy I've read in anticipation of hearing her speak in a couple of weeks. Great story and lots of hooks for teen readers.
Ellie
Mar 03, 2014 Ellie rated it really liked it
I remember reading this book when i was younger so my memory is pretty vivid on it but i remember loving this book alot!
Zehra
Nov 10, 2012 Zehra rated it it was amazing
Love Generated by Expresso

Very good for light reading. The plot is good, the characters adorable and the ending happy. All the things that make for an incredibly cute story.
Depressed? Read this book Generated by Expresso
Maisha Zahir
Precise rating: 3.5 stars
I really liked this book.
The concept was great, and the characters were good. :)
Bonnie
Mar 29, 2015 Bonnie rated it really liked it
love how it kind of spun of from Dizzy, it was so cool getting to read about Mouse after he grows up a bit.
Jay Worthington
Mar 10, 2014 Jay Worthington rated it it was amazing
Really good. Can be relatable in a few ways and is a funny and emotional book. Really good over all!
  • Loving Richard Feynman
  • My Sister Jodie
  • Saffy's Angel (Casson Family, #1)
  • Sugar and Spice
  • One Seriously Messed-Up Week in the Otherwise Mundane and Uneventful Life of Jack Samsonite (Jack Samsonite, #1)
  • Glitter
  • Juggling with Mandarins
  • Poor Little Rich Girl (Diary of a Snob, #1)
I was born in 1962 in Coventry (scarily ancient, I know). I wrote my first picture book for my little brother when I was eight or nine. I loved making comics, too - pages and pages of picture stories, features and competitions.

I went to Art College in Liverpool, then got a job as fiction editor on the fab and legendary Jackie magazine.

I have worked as agony aunt on Shout magazine and also as an ar
More about Cathy Cassidy...

“Look," I whisper to Cat, "Shooting star! That's good luck."
She rolls her eyes. "It's a plane, you idiot," she says, and when I look again I can see that she's right. Typical.”
74 likes