Start by marking “Lucky Star” as Want to Read:
Lucky Star

Lucky Star

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  2,705 ratings  ·  89 reviews
Teenagers Cat and Mouse come from opposite sides of the track in north London, but trouble seems to follow them both around. Mouse is struggling to keep his graffiti art away from the eyes of the police, and volatile Cat's problems are tearing her apart. A chance meeting brings them together, but can their friendship survive the secrets and lies?
Published 2007 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Star

Ali
This book is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really real ...more
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
I loved this book. It was so cute and sweet and adventurous! My friend suggested me to read this book from the library and honestly I adored this book!

Might contain spoilers!

Characters:
I loved Mouse. He was a lonely-emo sort of character who was poor, his dad ditched him when he was seven, his mom involved in drugs, living in a bad community and thought he could never date a rich girl. On the other hand, Cat was rich and pretty but she lost her brother, no one pays attention to her, was left al
Kathleen Boyle
This is a really easy read, I'd read the book when I was a few years younger and found it in my bookshelves last week and felt the urge to re-read it as I'd loved it the first time.

The story is simple but at the same time beautiful. Mouse is a character you can't help but love despite his initial reckless behavior. His past is heartbreaking and yet he still manages to open up to someone after a bit of a confidence boost.

Cat is the real troublemaker in this book. She's playing the biggest game
Hannah
'Lucky Star' is all about a boy named Mouse who is from a troubled background. He has a huge secret and often finds himself expressing his anger and torment in a criminal way of graffiti. However, when he is trying to get on the straight and narrow, Mouse finds that his problems are only getting worse. His mums hopes and dreams are shattered, his house is burgled and he is a drug dealers new enemy all because of a rescued dog. To top it all of, Mouse has just met a girl named Cat, mystical, beau ...more
Amishka
Lucky Star is a brilliant book such a great realationship with Cat and Mouse there is nothing I could that would be negative, would've been amazing if there was ever a sequel to Lucky Star, Cathy Cassidy is an amazing author and is continuing to do brilliant books.

Ps: Loving the new face covers !
Sienna K
I really loved this book. It was just a cute, little book that I would probably never would have picked up if it weren't for my friend who suggested the author to me (thanks jo!!). I loved the characters- they were just so fun to read about, and the story was not at all boring.
Savannah Harriott
This confirms the truth of the saying 'don't judge a book by its cover'. i picked this book up expecting a girly story with not much substance but has much more reality than i first expected fun to read and fast paced.
Caitlin Lillie
I thought that I might have grown out of Cathy Cassidy by now. I still followed the Chocolate Box Girls Cherry Crush (The Chocolate Box Girls, #1) by Cathy Cassidy, peeked at my sister's copy of Daizy Star, Ooh La La Daizy Star, Ooh La La!. Cathy Cassidy by Cathy Cassidyand read Ginger Snaps about three times Ginger Snaps by Cathy Cassidybut it wasn't really my cup of tea anymore. Lucky Star proved me wrong.
I like Cathy Cassidy's older books better; my favourites are Ginger Snaps - 2008 - , Cherry Crush - 201- - and (now) Lucky Star - 2007 - . She went downhill a little with the other Chocolate Box Girls. I don't like these books be
Sophie Louise Wright
A childhood favourite of mine, must have read this dozens of times and every time it makes me smile with its cute, loveable characters - I especially love Mouse as he is cheeky, damaged, naÏve and utterly likeable :) an easy read (but then it is for children after all) and I loved the fact that Cathy Cassidy wrote this from a boys perspective, a nice change from her other books, which I found a little "girly" - even as a little girl myself at the time.
Hannah
Mar 22, 2014 Hannah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 10-13 year olds
This was a really good book that I couldn't put down. It follows on from the book Dizzy and its nice to read about Mouse and see how he has changed as he's become older and what happened to him. I also liked the part when the main characters from Dizzy were also brought back into the story at the end, so you got to see what happened to them as well. Again, a really good read like all Cathy Cassidy books!
Sadhbh_potts
CONTAINS SPOILERS

This is a very good book! Tension and romance at all the right places, the only problem is the fact that Cat all along was actually 12 thought that was pretty stupid and made it so awful and wrong that somebody of her age was involved in the content of the book.
Monica
This is the the king of the king of the king(king x1000) of all Cathy Cassidy books!!!
I love how she writes her comment at the first page.
This book is SO cute. A mouse(boy) hitting on a cat(girl)!!!!!!!! And he even drew a love heart for her!!! Thats just CUTE! X3
Chantelle Dreyer
I really liked this book, and the relationship between Cat and Mouse. Been a while since I read it, but my memory and looking at the book again tells me that it's worth a re-read and will be entertaining to read again.
Catherine Goodall
I thought it was great that Cassidy linked this book to Dizzy because, in Dizzy, Mouse did not have much say so it was really nice for him to have a voice. Not my favourite of hers but still a book I grew up with.
Mikayla Link
The characters are represented as 13 year olds when they have the lifestyle and maturity of an 18 year old. Needs to be looked at more closely by the author. Other than that it was great to read.
Lyndee
The first Cathy Cassidy book I read, but i can vividly remember being hooked from the first page! The story of Cat and mouse and their "love" (as depicted) is a perfect representation of teenage romance.
Becky Hancox
This is probably my least favourite Cathy Cassidy book as I didn't particularly like the characters and preferred Cassidy writing from a girls point of view.
Luisa Linkenbach
This is the first book Cathy wrote from the point of view of a boy, and I loved it! Mouse has so many hidden problems and I actually read it before I read Dizzy, which you have to read because his childhood stories are in there and Finn and Dizzy also get mentioned in Lucky Star, etc etc, and I'm so angry at myself for not having read Dizzy first, but actually, it's amazing to read a book, then read one that has more details about the one you just read and then you read the first book again and ...more
Ellie
I remember reading this book when i was younger so my memory is pretty vivid on it but i remember loving this book alot!
Zehra
Love Generated by Expresso

Very good for light reading. The plot is good, the characters adorable and the ending happy. All the things that make for an incredibly cute story.
Depressed? Read this book Generated by Expresso
Melissa Worthington
Really good. Can be relatable in a few ways and is a funny and emotional book. Really good over all!
Emma
Such a beautiful book. Very well written. Very touching. Lived it so much
Alsie
Man, this is got to be one of the best Cathy Cassidy books. Its very well written, sweet, with a little hint of romance, and the characters were protraying perfectly.

Chapter 18 is so sad, I cried. (seriously, the first time ive cried over a book!) :D

Its filled with sadness, happy moments, excitement almost everything I like in a book.

Mouse, the main character seemed so realistic, like a real person. His emotions were described so well I could understand how he felt.
Moo
Read this a while ago so can't remember much but it was good!
Holly
Oct 07, 2011 Holly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: fiction, funny
I LOVE Cathy Cassidy books. They are always humorous, original and have something to be learned. This book was no different :)
I have read Dizzy, which is where the main character, Mouse was introduced. I always thought Mouse was sweet, and I knew that Lucky Star was about him when he was a little older. I read it reasonably quick and I really liked it. It seemed really realistic or well researched for the settings and places, which was great.
Go read it! So good! :)
Anne-frances Mccrea
lucky star is one of the best cathy cassidy books I have ever read. it is full of excitement and surprise . The love story between cat and mouse is most certainly one of my favourites as it is full of surprises. With every turn of the pages in this book comes a new surprise. This book is well worth a read.
Paige
I loved this book to pieces and found it unbearable to put it down! This is just one of Cathy Cassidy's many amazing reads out there, I still own my copy of this book as I do not wish to donate it to charity with the rest of my other books which I have read as I feel that someday I will read this book again even although I know the outcomes of this book. I would recommend this book to any teenager anywhere.
Elaine McHale
My favourite cathy Cassidy book!Another fantastic installment from her.I honestly cannot get enough of her books!This particular book really appealed to me as I thought the storyline was slightly more mature and teenage-inflicted as opposed to the rest of her work.It had a romantic element and the rebellious female character definitely increased the excitement in the book.Would definitely recommend it!
Leah
I didn';t enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed Marshmallow Skype I just started the chocolate box girls series oin to the next one!
  • My Sister Jodie
  • Loving Richard Feynman
  • Three's a Crowd (Luke and Eve, #2)
  • Saffy's Angel (Casson Family, #1)
I was born in 1962 in Coventry (scarily ancient, I know). I wrote my first picture book for my little brother when I was eight or nine. I loved making comics, too - pages and pages of picture stories, features and competitions.

I went to Art College in Liverpool, then got a job as fiction editor on the fab and legendary Jackie magazine.

I have worked as agony aunt on Shout magazine and also as an ar
More about Cathy Cassidy...
Scarlett Dizzy Ginger Snaps Indigo Blue Cherry Crush (The Chocolate Box Girls, #1)

“Look," I whisper to Cat, "Shooting star! That's good luck."
She rolls her eyes. "It's a plane, you idiot," she says, and when I look again I can see that she's right. Typical.”
66 likes