Start by marking “Majesty's Offspring” as Want to Read:
Majesty's Offspring

Read Book* *Different edition

Majesty's Offspring (Majesty's Offspring)

“In the end, it was our children that saved us. They sacrificed themselves to stop that bitch from having children of her own.”

General Hugo Valdez
United Earth Parliament (UEP) Planetary Infantry Corps
January 2074

More than a century ago, UEP Captain Julius Verndock helped end a galactic war with Majesty—the first truly living machine, thanks to manmade artificial intelligen
ebook, Smashwords (Sample of Complete Novel), 650 pages
Published July 20th 2011 by Woven Worlds Publishing (first published June 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Majesty's Offspring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Majesty's Offspring

Nina Post
Feb 26, 2012 Nina Post rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi
"You're not getting top shelf on a pirate ship."

Majesty's Offspring is a strong, accessible, military space sci-fi novel that would please military space opera fans, sci-fi and cyberpunk fans -- as well as readers unfamiliar with the subgenre who want to try something new. Though I have not read military space opera before, I love Battlestar Galactica and Firefly; this book made me think of both, particularly with the captain, the shuttle, and the fighter-jockey-in-space action (e.g., navigating
Jul 13, 2016 Jason rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Characters felt flat except for two. 140 pages before we even see chorus. Story spins in circles.

Julius is a broken human that does not contribute to the story constructively in any way.

Laina is a good character trying to save humanity and chorus.

Chorus is a great character, but does show up for most of the book and has limited screen time for a book about majesty's offspring they are strangely missing. M140 pages into the book before we even see chorus....this book should have been about her..
Oct 20, 2014 Dani rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, own
I won this is a goodreads giveaway. Typically I wouldn't have given this book a try just because it's not my regular reading genre. I have to admit though, I was pleasently surprised. While it still isn't "my type" of book I enjoyed reading it.
Nov 06, 2011 Joanna rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. A definite read for the avid science fiction fan. Very detailed and fast paced. Extremely well written. 5 stars, hands down. Thank you, A.J. Vega.
An Odd1
Nov 03, 2013 An Odd1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
“Sometimes even the best-laid plans are going
to fail. When those plans fail, when your men are dead or dying,
and everything that was given to you to fight with is broken—the
only thing you have left that’s on your side is luck.” ch 18
Fast action. Love of flying, machines, battle tactics simplified. Lots of fights, even finding secret pirate home base, and training with simulated fire. Downside is long setup, atypical plot structure; people set up, end
Ash Morrigan
May 20, 2012 Ash Morrigan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e
I feel conflicted about Majesty's Offspring. There were aspects of the story that I enjoyed, that kept me turning pages, and there were others that annoyed me. For instance, it is totally petty of me, but I hated the idea of some sort of gravity streams surrounding the pirates hidden base. I'm sorry, but gravity doesn't flow, flux, stream, or change directions. That's not something that a far future device can fix either, because the proposed gravity streams were supposed to be some sort of semi ...more
Austin Myers
Good story but

A good story but the author REALLY needs to go back to faith grade science and refresh his grasp of Newtonian physics. Space ships do not curve and bank in turns. There was also the complete lack of logic in the owners being wealthy but not repairing their space ship or even catching parts.

There is the reason I can only give three stars, great big gaping holes in logic and reason.,
N.A. Ratnayake
Nov 10, 2012 N.A. Ratnayake rated it it was ok
Entertaining reading for the bus, waiting in line, or whenever you have a minute to kill... but it didn't really make me think. Plot is mildly interesting but not very complex, characters are on the shallow end, and the dialogue is trite. I really don't think space opera is my thing.
Sep 02, 2014 Merlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting view on Future Technology, Nanobots and AIs.
Garrett Alley
Garrett Alley rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Lennette Daniels
Lennette Daniels marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Blythespirit Reviews
Blythespirit Reviews marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Terry marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Pamela Simmons
Pamela Simmons is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2016
Rhonda L.
Rhonda L. marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Michael Mcparland
Michael Mcparland marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Bonnie J.
Bonnie J. marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Kumyin marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Angela Dossett
Angela Dossett marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
M. C. (MagsTheBookWorm)
M. C. (MagsTheBookWorm) marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Cynthia Mueller
Cynthia Mueller marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Melinda Gray
Melinda Gray marked it as to-read
Jenn Northup
Jenn Northup marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Silvaria marked it as to-read
Montzalee Wittmann
Montzalee Wittmann marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Debee Sue
Debee Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Seth and Chloe (Lunara Trilogy, #1)
  • Soul Seeker (The World of Lasniniar, #1)
  • The 'Naturals: Awakening [Episodes 1-4 -- Season 1] (Young Adult Serial)
  • The Never Born (Locus Origin, #1)
  • A Month with Werewolves (A Month with Werewolves #1)
  • The Secret History of a Teenage Vampire (The Department 19 Files, #1)
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • Freaks of Greenfield High (Freaks, #1)
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
  • Feed
  • The Variations: A Novel
  • The Singularity: Heretic (The Singularity Series #1)
  • The Future Church: How Ten Trends are Revolutionizing the Catholic Church
  • Peace
  • The Mosswoods
  • Angel Beach (Summer Romance Collection, #2)
  • Out of This World
  • Zack & Zoey's Alien Apocalypse -or- Alien Busting Ninja Adventure (Zack & Zoey #1)
Inspired at an early age by the works of Jack Chalker and Timothy Zahn, AJ is a part time freelance writer and full time computer geek. He holds a B.A. in Computer Science and is hard at work on both a prequel to Majesty’s Offspring titled Age of Majesty and a new alternate history, paranormal/sci-fi novel called Soul Census.

AJ resides in a cave surrounded by figments of his imagination who guard
More about A.J. Vega...

Majesty's Offspring (2 books)
  • Majesty's Offspring (Book 2)

“To be in a war, you must learn the rules of survival… to win a war, you must break every fucking one of those rules.” 3 likes
“What was I before the war? It’s hard to remember that far back. But I think maybe I was human.” 2 likes