Start by marking “All the Bad Things” as Want to Read:
All the Bad Things

All the Bad Things

Robbie Toe never touched Missy inappropriately, never raped Blue Jean by the fire, never did anything to the other five girls who accused him of sexual abuse. But no one cared to hear his side of the story. He was a "molester" from the beginning, a "pervert," a "predator." On the day he climbed into an abandoned treehouse to rescue The Priest, an all-black kitten with a ...more
Paperback, First, 170 pages
Published September 1st 2011 by Lucky Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about All the Bad Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Bad Things

Angela
Sep 12, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
All The Bad Things by J. Michael Dew is an accurately named book. When I first began reading it, I felt no love for Robbie Toe. His anger was palpable, his language harsh and crude and shocking. Every time he said that he didn’t touch Missy, or that he didn’t rape Blue Jean, I thought him a liar.

Simply put, I couldn’t wrap my head around the idea that any man could get into that much constant trouble unless he had in fact done something wrong. Knowing the premise of the book, this shocked me. I
Graham Faught
Mar 15, 2012 Graham Faught rated it it was amazing
I know many of my friends think I am crazy when I tell them I stop into as many bookstores as I can find in every city I travel to. Chain stores, locals, used bookstores: I try to hit them all when I travel. My theory is that when I peruse the shelves, I never know when a book may pop out at me. Different areas stock different books and I have found a number of books this way.

My trip to Dunwoody, GA earlier this week was no different. I stopped into the local Barnes & Noble and wandered the
Jessica Bell
Aug 27, 2011 Jessica Bell rated it it was amazing
Written in first person, from the points of view of four people living in northwestern Pennsylvania, All The Bad Things pushes boundaries, not only because of its controversial content, but because the four distinct voices are written exactly how they would speak.

Some might think this would be difficult to read, but it's not. Not at all. It took me only one page to get into the rhythm of the language and to realize that I was embarking on an unconventionally-crafted masterpiece. I am in awe. And
Janice Williams
Aug 19, 2011 Janice Williams rated it it was amazing
Shelves: literary-fiction
I will be reviewing this book more in-depth later (not a review actually, because I'm the publisher, but I will offer insight into why Lucky Press chose to publish "All the Bad Things").

It is an unforgettable book on a subject very close to my heart. It is not easy to read, due to the subject matter, but I hope readers will give it a chance…for all the "Robbie Toes" in the world.
JoAnn
Feb 25, 2012 JoAnn rated it liked it
While it was not my favorite book, it was okay. The hardest thing was getting past the voice of each character. Then the second difficulty was the sexual references. I can usually do without them. I think it can give some reasons to discuss it. The role of mothers and children; taking justice upon one's self; who received full justice- surely not Blue Jean. The theme of hate. I still don't think I would have picked this. It was a fast read, though only 170 pages on Kindle.
Tanya Max
Tanya Max rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2014
Nasir Shah
Nasir Shah rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
Sarah Martin
Sarah Martin rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2011
Lola
Lola rated it did not like it
Aug 18, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it did not like it
Mar 01, 2012
Melissa Musko
Jul 18, 2016 Melissa Musko rated it really liked it
Well...that was depressing. But good...really good and grimy and dirty.
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2011
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2011
Madeline Sharples
Madeline Sharples marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2011
Joshua Donellan
Joshua Donellan marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2011
Janea
Janea is currently reading it
Feb 20, 2012
Neha
Neha marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2012
Matt
Matt is currently reading it
Apr 27, 2013
Joe Davich
Joe Davich marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016