Start by marking “The Haunted Castle (Geronimo Stilton)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Haunted Castle

Geronimo Stilton

The Haunted Castle (Geronimo Stilton #46)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  1,163 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
More than 18 million Geronimo Stilton books in print! I was just minding my business at home when I got a telephone call. It was my uncle Samuel S. Stingysnout, inviting the whole Stilton family to creepy, faraway Penny Pincher Castle for a big surprise. Moldy mozzarella -- I'm not much of a traveling mouse, and I hate surprises. But Thea, Trap, and Benjamin were going, so ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Haunted Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunted Castle

Colleen
Jul 29, 2011 Colleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far this is the funniest Geronimo Stilton book that's come out. My daughter and I were laying in bed constantly laughing over this book.

Geronimo, Thea, Benjamin and Trap are invited to the Stingysnout Castle by Uncle Samuel for a ceremony, but Geronimo can't get Samuel to tell him what kind of ceremony it is. So Geronimo and his crew show up to the Stingysnout castle even though they are all dreading the visit. They don't like to go to the castle because of how stingy uncle Samuel is.

When G
Melody Bell
Apr 24, 2016 Melody Bell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was about Geronimo Stiltons grandfather and he invites the Stiltons to his castle and he says his friend died and they are going to bury him the next morning. Geronimo Stilton sleeps and goes to get tea. He finds his sister doing the same thing, and together they look in the tomb to see if there was a body. They think there is no body because nobody knows there grandfathers friend except his grandfather so they open the lid it was empty. Did he come to life, or was it all fake. Find ou ...more
Namya Panelia
Oct 13, 2015 Namya Panelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was so nice and I think of that ghost was real in Night frights chapter
Alissa Forconi
Feb 18, 2015 Alissa Forconi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book, Geronimo Stilton: the haunted castle was very good and was written quite well. The author works a lot of humor into which I like. I have read a lot of these books throughout the years, and this was probably one of my favorites. Each book in the series is on a completely different topic which is cool because it mixes things up and makes it more enjoyable to read. This one was about how Geronimo and his family got invited to a fake funeral by his family friend that live in a haunted cast ...more
MELODY BELL
The Stilton family gets invited to there uncle's castle. They head over there and they ask why they are here. He answered my friend died and we are going to bury him tomorrow. They all head to bed. Geronimo Stilton tries to go to sleep but he can't. He goes to the kitchen to get tea. He finds his sister and cousin doing the same thing. Together they go check the tomb, because they think there is no body because nobody know there uncle's friend.They open the tomb and find it empty.Did the body co ...more
Garren
Mar 08, 2016 Garren rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: partially-read
Couldn't deal with it. This book is about the rich side of the family, but they're characterized as "stingy." So far, so Scrooge McDuck...but it's not just that they're viewed as stingy. The rich side of the family appears to be living in awful poverty, perhaps kept there by spending almost all of their money on property taxes. The running joke, then, doesn't come off as rich people being eccentric, but how disgusting it is for poor people to scrape by on food, bathing, transportation, etc.
Kim
Jan 11, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, 2015
Another popular kids series that I've never read before. The story itself is charming and I liked the narrators voice. I found the change in font exceedingly distracting. I think it's one of those elements that some kids will love and others won't get past. I'm not sure that the change in font really adds anything, so it's probably better without it because there are many kids I recommend the books to (even before I'd read them) who I know would like the stories, but are turned off by the font.
Austin Pavlik
In the book “The Haunted Castle” it was about a mouse named Geronimo that lived in the capital of Mouse Island. The capital of Mouse Island was the city New Mouse. Geronimo ran a newspaper business. He had three brothers and one sister. Every mouse on mouse island was very friendly to each other. The island was very ordinary with no surprises. That all changed one day when Geronimo received a call from his uncle Sam. Sam wanted to have a family and friend party at the creepy castle that was very ...more
It hurts to have to give a Geronimo Stilton book 2 out of 5 stars, but I really couldn't give this particular story a higher rating. We LOVE Geronimo in our house, including all the spinoffs (Spacemice, Micekings, Cavemice, etc.) We chose to read The Haunted Castle as part of the Halloween Season. We thought it would be a fun little spooky story for the season.

We were disappointed at best. It started off promising, but the Haunted Castle business lasted about half the book (if that) and we woun
Ralph Gomez
Mar 14, 2012 Ralph Gomez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was well written and it had great appeal by both my son and myself. The illistrations in the book provided in-depth detail about the characters in the book and it even provided maps of the fictional town Geronimo Stilton and his family lives in. Even some of the words are illistrated and it helps animate what the characters are saying even further. The story also provided a great mystery which Geronimo solved, as well as, a great second story after he solved the mystery. I highly recom ...more
Puja Parmar
Nov 16, 2012 Puja Parmar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books but Geronimo Stilton is one of my favorite books. In this story I liked Uncle Samuel Stingy-snout and his castle Penny Pincher Castle. This story is about a ceremony of Mr. Uncle Bigwig. Uncle Samuel was really a very big penny pincher that's why Geronimo did not like him even Thea ,even Trap and even Benjamin. This story was the best book of Geronimo Stilton and I am sure my friends will also like it
Tim
Jun 17, 2013 Tim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in order to know what happens so I can carry on a conversation with son about it. This is the first book of this series that we picked up and I hope the earlier ones have the same sense of fun as this one. I like how some words are illustrated to help tell the mood of the story. My son will like all the little maps and character bios as well. This is a very well made book and I hope my son likes it as much I did.
Michelle
Apr 18, 2013 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay, okay. I have to admit a grudging admiration for these books. For one thing, my six-year old loves them. But they are also actually kind of funny--a cut above the usual pun humor in early chapter books. And the visuals and rich cast of characters give a lot of access to the stories. The Stingysnout family is pretty hilariously depicted. To be honest, I think the page my son pores over the most, though, is the one at the end picturing the covers of all the G. S. books!
Sol.P
Dec 12, 2015 Sol.P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was very exciting and adventurous! I learned that I should not get freaked out of fearsome things like ghosts, zombies, and etc by Geronimo's reactions. I think the characters of this story had various kinds of personalities, which led them to unexpected situations. Overall, I enjoyed this book!
Rohith Kumar
It is a blockbuster hit I believe. It is the most interesting story in Geronimo Stilton. It has very less pages like 100 but a very big and a interesting story.It is amazing,adventurous, entertaining and a happy story. It is a best story.

Lucia
Aug 24, 2011 Lucia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lucia by: lbrary
uncle Samuel S. Stingysnout has invited the Stingysnout and Stiltons over to penny pincher castle for a make believe funeral (that he made up because of a note he found that said he would have to share the castle with his family)..... how will this dark scary adventure end?
Christopher.Osborn.21stu.Kentwoodps.Org
i really thought that this was the best Geronimo Stilton story yet, because it had me really excited that it had me on my toes. i thought that if others of his books were like this he would be even more popular.
Ms. Manz
Je n'aime pas trop les livres de Geronimo Stilton, mais celui-ci etait pas mal. Je ne sais pas si les enfants de la troisieme annee vont l'aimer puisqu'il y a et une funeraille et un marriage dans l'histoire. :)
Mary
Oct 15, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Another cute book. I made my middle DD get this book and she complained non-stop about getting it and then read it all the way home on the bus and read it all afternoon. She really enjoyed this book so much she asked for more money to buy 2 more books.
Chloe
Nov 14, 2015 Chloe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book Is a book you can keep a say its so AMAZING. If you read half of it then I will tell you it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Bhavika
i think it is a good book
Twyla
Zoyah
Jul 02, 2013 Zoyah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply superb and funny too....especially the description on planning the wedding of uncle gagrat n chintzina
Mbjohnson
It was a kinda good book it wasn't the best though.
Arisa Nagaya
Aug 03, 2016 Arisa Nagaya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cool
Djadkins
Sep 08, 2016 Djadkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so amazing I might want o read it again
Bhavye Batra
Nho
Jul 13, 2011 Nho rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: geronimo-stilton
haven't read it yet
Alan 김 승 주
Very mysterious and the plot is confusing and very creepy... but something is not right...
  • Big Trouble in the Big Apple (Thea Stilton #8)
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • Mr. Burke Is Berserk! (My Weirder School, #4)
  • Charge Of The Triceratops (Dinosaur Cove, #2)
  • Save the Earth! (Ready, Freddy!, #25)
  • Stickman Odyssey, Book 2: The Wrath of Zozimos
A pseudonym of Elisabetta Dami, aka Thea Stilton.

Elisabetta Dami is an Italian author that currently resides in Italy. She is the author of the Geronimo Stilton series, a bestselling childrens book. She enjoys traveling the world seeking ideas for her series. She writes under a pseudonym of Geronimo Stilton. She is also a co-owner of Italian based publishing company Edizioni Piemme. Her books hav
More about Geronimo Stilton...

Geronimo Stilton (1 - 10 of 65 books)
  • Lost Treasure of the Emerald Eye (Geronimo Stilton, #1)
  • The Curse of the Cheese Pyramid (Geronimo Stilton, #2)
  • Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House (Geronimo Stilton, #3)
  • I'm Too Fond of My Fur! (Geronimo Stilton, #4)
  • Four Mice Deep in the Jungle (Geronimo Stilton, #5)
  • Paws Off, Cheddarface! (Geronimo Stilton, #6)
  • Red Pizzas for a Blue Count (Geronimo Stilton, #7)
  • Attack of the Bandit Cats (Geronimo Stilton, #8)
  • A Fabumouse Vacation for Geronimo (Geronimo Stilton, #9)
  • All Because of a Cup of Coffee (Geronimo Stilton, #10)

“Loving means sharing what you have however big or small it may be!” 45 likes