Start by marking “The Templar Throne (Templar, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Templar Throne (Templar, #3)

The Templar Throne (Templar #3)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  531 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Army Ranger John Holliday's quest has him crisscrossing Europe and the US hunting for the True Ark - a box reputed to hold precious holy relics and the Templars' most powerful secrets. But Holliday's hunt is also a deadly chase.
Published March 1st 2012 by Michael Joseph (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Templar Throne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Templar Throne

Heather
I love all the templar stories, no matter what is factual/non factual.

This however, I am struggling with to the extent of despising it.

I hate the references to the da vinci code, i find them irrelevant and having a cheap shot at a book that actually kept me fixated until the end. We all know half of the book was fiction but thats the story aspect.

I feel that anyone with access to a few decent search engines could have written this book, and indeed if i wanted a geographical tour of the world I w
Sean Menon
Mar 07, 2011 Sean Menon rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens and Adults
After reading The Lost Symbol and enjoying it very much, I bought The Templar Throne by Paul Christopher in the Mystery/Thriller section.
In the beginning of the story, two wealthy men (Colonel John "Doc" Holliday and Maurice Bernheim) are enjoying a rich meal in France and talk about a mysterious nautical instrument called the Jacob's staff that was used by the Templar knight Jean de St. Clair to find treasure and possibly discover America long before Christopher Columbus. After the meal Holli
Robert
This was a good book. It read fast and had a fast moving plot. I enjoyed the characters and I am looking forward to reading more from this particular author. I found that the story of the Templar's has always fascinated me. What made this particular telling of the "story" is that the book mentions "The Da Vinci Code" quite frequently and not in a good light. Basically it comes down to one of the main characters (names escape me) that just calls the Da Vinci Code a crock of crap and just had no i ...more
Jeremy Yoder
A mostly terrible and silly action thriller featuring the usual one-dimensional characters running through the usual interchangeable exotic locations in search of some kind of priceless McGuffin whose discovery will change the world as we know it. Notable for its random pop culture references, shout-outs to Google and slams against Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code.
Jacob Aitken
As far as conspiracy thrillers, this is okay. Infinitely better than Dan Brown, but suffers on a few big points:

1) Too many Deus ex machina moments.
2) I have no problem buying into the Rex Deus/Desposynii narrative. I'm all for it. I just had to call "bulls***" on equating Jonathan Edwards with starting it in America.
3) The protagonist takes the cliched, lone-wolf "I don't need no steenking organized religion crampin' my style, babe" approach to life. It was cool and interesting for the first 3
Matt
Every good historial thriller series needs ties to politics, especially a run for the White House. Christopher introduces this aspect in The Templar Throne, but only as a peripheral theme. We learn a great deal more about Holiday and his search for the Templars and their rich history.

Teaming up with an unlikely woman, Holiday travels around the world (and into Canada, at length!) to find clues that bring some secrets about the Templars to light. Just when you think you have solved the mystery, C
Tiffany
Not my type of book, unfortunately. The writing was clean, but not particularly strong (sometimes key words appeared multiple times in the same sentence, like "flat"). I was irritated by the core-dumps of information every time we moved to a new location (which happened just about every chapter). I think the genre is just not for me.
Rita McDowell
Excellent!

Once again this read will grab your attention and hold it until the very end! While each book will stand on its own merits, reading them in order written will greatly increase your enjoyment of this continuing saga!
Lakshmi Narayanan R
Surprising that quite a few of his characters have read Dan Brown & express their expert opinion on how Dan Brown was completely wrong. Liked the introduction to 'The Templar Conspiracy' though. Ironstone, which is assassination of a very important figure described with a very calm narration, impressive...
Melissa
There was more in this book that I liked than disliked. References to some of my favorite things, the CIA, Gatsby and books "The Davinci Code" and "Holy Blood, Holy Grail." Doc Holliday is one of those characters you can really get into this being the 4th book I've read with him in it although I read #4 out of order (it makes so much more sense to me now). I was totally thrown by the ending and the real identity of one of the characters.

The Paris Hilton diss is also praise worthy.
Ike
One word = nuns
Tommy
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fast-paced thriller that took the reader to many different & little-known locations. This also gave the author a chance to give the reader some history about the locations. Some of the places had me running to the computer to see if they really existed & what they lokked like. /there was also a twist at the end that I never saw coming. I think the next boo, "The Templar Conspiracy" is going to continue the story.
Michael
This is a book that none of you would like. Unless, you're Robert. It's a "guy" book. Kind of a Clive Cussler adventure. Turns out, a secret society has been running America for a couple hundred years and they're pissed off b/c we have a black President. They're just jealous A-holes. Can't even craft good bad guys here. But, it was good for a plane ride.
John Berger
Christopher has a smooth easy flowing style. It's a good story, getting a little sick of the constant bashing of other books in the genre. Based on the rather thick anti-republican message my impression is that Christopher is the polar opposite to Glenn Beck in political views, both a little wacked and extreme outsides of their respective parties.
Tim

This was a jolly good read but for me there were one or two flies in the ointment. Firstly, it seems obvious that the author has gone to great lengths to research much of his background information but then he makes silly mistakes (when did the Uk change to the euro?). Secondly, I feel that the author spends far to much time Dan Brown bashing.
Wes
Found in the "library" of the Carnival Splendor. A "vacation-reading" book in its natural habitat.

I will give credit, in that I haven't (and won't,) read the previous two books in the series, and did not feel as if I was lost, or missing needed knowledge. I will rescind that credit, as the ending was wholly unsatisfying.
Gabriel Neve
I really enjoyed this one. It was packed full of history, and there was a background of the Biblical aspect in it. I have loved these books since I started reading them a couple years ago and how they seemlessly mesh actualy historical information and fictional information to make it interesting as well as educational.
Susan Sevcik
A retired army officer with unlimited access to the templar knights millions and a shy nun follow the trail of a lost ark with priceless artifacts. All is not as it seems, but the pace of the book is fast and the story ends with a bang, so to speak. I wish I would have picked up the other books by the author at the tag sale.
John Hanscom
Jul 07, 2010 John Hanscom rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
What a rip off. this is a "transition book," a connecting story between what went before and the book to come. OK. This is necessary is a series. But, in this book, nothing happens. The title has nothing to do with the content, it is just one shootout after another, and the end is a "deus ex machina."
Michael Mclean
I like this story line,,,
as a Freemason and a Templar.
I like reading about the fantasy of the Templar mystique...

Nicko
The author seems to have a beef with the Catholic Church and the Republican Party. I say this since both groups are the antagonists bent on world domination. *sigh*

This was a real snoozer. Will probably not be following the adventures of Doc Holliday any more.
Pete Jones
Ugh! One could infer that the reason there are no quotes from reviews on the dust cover is because either there were none or any that there were had nothing complementary to say about the book. I’m not going to bother to find out which one is the case.
Stephen
I'm rereading this series and enjoying it. I find it interesting that the Sinclairs are not the "good guys" like in most Templar books. The factions within the series is what makes it interesting to me. Standard chase novel, but very well written.
Leonard
Little depth to this story. Characters are one dimensional cliches. But enough action to keep it enjoyable. Easy read. Lead on a wild goose chase of Templars sailing to the new world. The last 1500 miles is a hoax.
Stephen
enjoyed the lastest part of the series but felt it wasn't as good as the others and abit far fetched in parts but a easy fast page turner and await the next part of the series soon
Robert
Another thriller consistent with his style - wild leaps of logic, improbable coincidences, and a complete lack of character development or scenic transitions.
Jakenv
Christopher nails another winner with his readable style. His adventures only become more detailed with each writing. Top favorite.
Susan Keefe
A great story with the right mix of history, adventure, thriller in it. A really good read with a twist in it.
Dan
Have found the whole series enjoyable reading. The lead character
John "Doc" Holiday reminds me of Jack Reacher.
Nels Henderson
Very good and fast read. Well worth it for the history. It's not amazing but is a good read nonetheless.
  • The Nosferatu Scroll (Chris Bronson, #4)
  • The Secret Crown (Jonathon Payne & David Jones, #6)
  • The Dead Sea Deception (Leo Tillman & Heather Kennedy, #1)
  • The Genesis Plague
  • On the Fifth Day
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • The Mask Of Troy (Jack Howard, #5)
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds, #3)
  • The Admiral's Mark (Cotton Malone, #0.5)
  • The Marks Of Cain
  • The Exodus Quest (Daniel Knox, #2)
  • Sovereign Nation (The Carters #1)
  • Beyond Eden (Eden Thrillers #2)
  • The Devil's Elixir (Templar, #3)
Paul Christopher is a pseudonym used by the author Christopher Hyde.

More about Paul Christopher...
The Sword Of The Templars (Templar, #1) The Templar Cross (Templar, #2) Michelangelo's Notebook (Finn Ryan, #1) The Lucifer Gospel (Finn Ryan, #2) The Templar Conspiracy (Templar, #4)