Start by marking “The Templar Throne (Templar, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Templar Throne (Templar, #3)

The Templar Throne (Templar #3)

The Templar Throne is the third in Paul Christopher's exciting John Holliday series.

The hidden hand which rules history . . .

Army Ranger John Holliday has made it his life's mission to unlock the secrets of the ruthless, ancient Templar Order, who are as renowned for their hidden wealth and power as for their desperate secrecy.

In The Templar Throne his quest has him crissc
Published March 15th 2012 by Penguin (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Templar Throne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Templar Throne

Heather
May 30, 2012 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love all the templar stories, no matter what is factual/non factual.

This however, I am struggling with to the extent of despising it.

I hate the references to the da vinci code, i find them irrelevant and having a cheap shot at a book that actually kept me fixated until the end. We all know half of the book was fiction but thats the story aspect.

I feel that anyone with access to a few decent search engines could have written this book, and indeed if i wanted a geographical tour of the world I w
Sean Menon
Feb 26, 2011 Sean Menon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens and Adults
Robert
Aug 29, 2011 Robert rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book. It read fast and had a fast moving plot. I enjoyed the characters and I am looking forward to reading more from this particular author. I found that the story of the Templar's has always fascinated me. What made this particular telling of the "story" is that the book mentions "The Da Vinci Code" quite frequently and not in a good light. Basically it comes down to one of the main characters (names escape me) that just calls the Da Vinci Code a crock of crap and just had no i ...more
Jeremy Yoder
Aug 29, 2012 Jeremy Yoder rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, thriller
A mostly terrible and silly action thriller featuring the usual one-dimensional characters running through the usual interchangeable exotic locations in search of some kind of priceless McGuffin whose discovery will change the world as we know it. Notable for its random pop culture references, shout-outs to Google and slams against Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code.
Stephen
Apr 18, 2012 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm rereading this series and enjoying it. I find it interesting that the Sinclairs are not the "good guys" like in most Templar books. The factions within the series is what makes it interesting to me. Standard chase novel, but very well written.
Bryan
Sep 16, 2013 Bryan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book, part 3 in the series, is a return to form with Doc Holliday tracking down a Templar mystery and dealing with political subterfuge a la The Manchurian Candidate. He is accompanied by nun, who may be more than she seems.

I have one criticism of this book, and it is that the ending is rather abrupt. It felt like perhaps the author only had a certain amount of time to get to a certain page count OR ELSE! Once he was close, he wrapped it up really quick and that is that.

Or maybe not.

I've n
Speesh
Mar 19, 2016 Speesh rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure, templars
Generally about the chasing than the finding and the secrets and with a real hang-up about The Da Vinci Code, The Templar Throne is number three in Paul Christopher’s Templar series.

The irony is, though, even though he rarely misses the chance to put down the Da Vinci Code throughout the book, if you enjoyed Da Vinci Code (as I did) and want more of that sort of thing, spread over several volumes, this is as good as any series you’re gonna get.

John 'Doc' Holliday is the main pillar of this story
Charlotte Bugler
Well.. That was certainly a waste of my time.

I'm very disappointed in this book.

After reading the da Vinci code, I found two books of Paul Christopher which seemed to follow in the same genre at another book swap. I enjoyed the da Vinci code so much that I thought this will teach me more about other interpretations of religion. Secrets to be discovered!

However, 40 pages in, I can't tell you how much this Holliday guy was bitchin' off the da Vinci code! It was like a broken record!
We get it! You
Matt
Jul 30, 2011 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Every good historial thriller series needs ties to politics, especially a run for the White House. Christopher introduces this aspect in The Templar Throne, but only as a peripheral theme. We learn a great deal more about Holiday and his search for the Templars and their rich history.

Teaming up with an unlikely woman, Holiday travels around the world (and into Canada, at length!) to find clues that bring some secrets about the Templars to light. Just when you think you have solved the mystery, C
Fiona Skye
I was really quite disappointed with this book. I mean, I know I shouldn't really expect a lot from this sort of book, but a plot line and characters that didn't make me want to throw the bloody thing across the room isn't too much to ask for, is it?

The female main character, Sister Meg, was awful. There were so many times that I really wanted Doc to punch the insufferable woman right in the face, and if he didn't, then I would have volunteered! The ending, of course, explained why she was so te
Deb
Jan 21, 2015 Deb rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this book 0 stars I would. At first I was only slightly annoyed with this book. The nasty shots at Dan Brown and his books were just uncalled for and getting quite tedious. The action was just a regurgitation of the previous books, and the serendipitous good luck extremely hard to believe. Then then setting moved to Canada and the Maritimes and I got very annoyed. He's describing the Halifax waterfront and saying how raw sewage is dumped into the harbour etc etc. So I looked it u ...more
James F.
Feb 19, 2016 James F. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This novel by Paul Christopher to me, for the first time, a one-eyed hero who seemingly has the capability of using stereoscopic skills in his vision and use of his physical talents, i.e. hand-to-hand combat. I found this capability to be very suspect. It is, perhaps, the major reason this book is NOT one that I rate very highly.

Beyond that, the plot utilizes a certain literary twist I do not remember having seen in other works of fiction. The author has his hero allude to other works of fiction
RumBelle
Jan 15, 2016 RumBelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
This book had an interesting premise, the search for a nautical instrument, linked to the Templar's, that might have explained what happened to all of their ships. There was also another historical element with regards to the search for a relic called The True Ark. It was slow in parts, with the action lagging. my main problem with this book was the female lead, Meg. She was an incredibly whinny, prissy, irritating character. She took offense to everything Holiday said, always thought he was ins ...more
Jacob Aitken
As far as conspiracy thrillers, this is okay. Infinitely better than Dan Brown, but suffers on a few big points:

1) Too many Deus ex machina moments.
2) I have no problem buying into the Rex Deus/Desposynii narrative. I'm all for it. I just had to call "bulls***" on equating Jonathan Edwards with starting it in America.
3) The protagonist takes the cliched, lone-wolf "I don't need no steenking organized religion crampin' my style, babe" approach to life. It was cool and interesting for the first 3
Tommy
Jun 09, 2011 Tommy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fast-paced thriller that took the reader to many different & little-known locations. This also gave the author a chance to give the reader some history about the locations. Some of the places had me running to the computer to see if they really existed & what they lokked like. /there was also a twist at the end that I never saw coming. I think the next boo, "The Templar Conspiracy" is going to continue the story.
KelticKat
I usually love this author and series - but for some reason this one dragged a bit in the beginning. then there was all those "unnecessary" references to the Dan Brown series and movies - it was almost like when a salesman puts down the competition to make themselves look good. Yes, this series and that other one resemble each other a bit due to the subject matter - but the MC are very different - so I didn't think it was necessary to do this.
Melissa
Jun 13, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, ebay
There was more in this book that I liked than disliked. References to some of my favorite things, the CIA, Gatsby and books "The Davinci Code" and "Holy Blood, Holy Grail." Doc Holliday is one of those characters you can really get into this being the 4th book I've read with him in it although I read #4 out of order (it makes so much more sense to me now). I was totally thrown by the ending and the real identity of one of the characters.

The Paris Hilton diss is also praise worthy.
Gabriel
Apr 10, 2013 Gabriel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: templar-series
I really enjoyed this one. It was packed full of history, and there was a background of the Biblical aspect in it. I have loved these books since I started reading them a couple years ago and how they seemlessly mesh actualy historical information and fictional information to make it interesting as well as educational.
John Berger
Jun 29, 2013 John Berger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christopher has a smooth easy flowing style. It's a good story, getting a little sick of the constant bashing of other books in the genre. Based on the rather thick anti-republican message my impression is that Christopher is the polar opposite to Glenn Beck in political views, both a little wacked and extreme outsides of their respective parties.
Tim
Nov 18, 2012 Tim rated it liked it

This was a jolly good read but for me there were one or two flies in the ointment. Firstly, it seems obvious that the author has gone to great lengths to research much of his background information but then he makes silly mistakes (when did the Uk change to the euro?). Secondly, I feel that the author spends far to much time Dan Brown bashing.
Lakshmi Narayanan R
Surprising that quite a few of his characters have read Dan Brown & express their expert opinion on how Dan Brown was completely wrong. Liked the introduction to 'The Templar Conspiracy' though. Ironstone, which is assassination of a very important figure described with a very calm narration, impressive...
Michael
Jul 27, 2010 Michael rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that none of you would like. Unless, you're Robert. It's a "guy" book. Kind of a Clive Cussler adventure. Turns out, a secret society has been running America for a couple hundred years and they're pissed off b/c we have a black President. They're just jealous A-holes. Can't even craft good bad guys here. But, it was good for a plane ride.
Wes
Aug 22, 2012 Wes rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Found in the "library" of the Carnival Splendor. A "vacation-reading" book in its natural habitat.

I will give credit, in that I haven't (and won't,) read the previous two books in the series, and did not feel as if I was lost, or missing needed knowledge. I will rescind that credit, as the ending was wholly unsatisfying.
Susan Sevcik
A retired army officer with unlimited access to the templar knights millions and a shy nun follow the trail of a lost ark with priceless artifacts. All is not as it seems, but the pace of the book is fast and the story ends with a bang, so to speak. I wish I would have picked up the other books by the author at the tag sale.
Tiffany
Dec 04, 2014 Tiffany rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not my type of book, unfortunately. The writing was clean, but not particularly strong (sometimes key words appeared multiple times in the same sentence, like "flat"). I was irritated by the core-dumps of information every time we moved to a new location (which happened just about every chapter). I think the genre is just not for me.
John Hanscom
Jul 04, 2010 John Hanscom rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
What a rip off. this is a "transition book," a connecting story between what went before and the book to come. OK. This is necessary is a series. But, in this book, nothing happens. The title has nothing to do with the content, it is just one shootout after another, and the end is a "deus ex machina."
Fiona
May 11, 2014 Fiona rated it did not like it
This series of books gets more and more ridiculous, this one is completely unbelievable. How many near death experiences can one person dodge. I also don't understand why the author keeps referencing the Da Vinci Code through these books. I won't be reading any more in the series.
Nicko
Aug 28, 2010 Nicko rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The author seems to have a beef with the Catholic Church and the Republican Party. I say this since both groups are the antagonists bent on world domination. *sigh*

This was a real snoozer. Will probably not be following the adventures of Doc Holliday any more.
Leonard
Dec 29, 2012 Leonard rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Little depth to this story. Characters are one dimensional cliches. But enough action to keep it enjoyable. Easy read. Lead on a wild goose chase of Templars sailing to the new world. The last 1500 miles is a hoax.
Tim Shepard
The writing seemed disjointed in places. I hope that the ongoing side portions of the book deliver into the rest of the series. While I look forward to the next book I am also concerned about the rush of ideas that don't always seem to match up.
  • The Nosferatu Scroll (Chris Bronson, #4)
  • The Mask Of Troy (Jack Howard, #5)
  • The Genesis Plague
  • The Prophecy (Payne & Jones, #5)
  • The Dead Sea Deception (Leo Tillman & Heather Kennedy, #1)
  • On the Fifth Day (Thomas Knight, #1)
  • The Bonaparte Secret (Lang Reilly #5)
  • Treasure of Eden (Eden Thrillers #3)
  • Empire Of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • Sovereign Nation (The Carters #1)
  • The Devil's Elixir (Templar, #3)
  • The Exodus Quest (Daniel Knox, #2)
  • The Lost Temple
  • Valley of Kings (TombQuest, #3)
  • The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds, #3)
  • The Templar's Code (Caedmon Aisquith, #2)
  • Inquisition
Paul Christopher is a pseudonym used by the author Christopher Hyde.

More about Paul Christopher...

Templar (9 books)
  • The Sword Of The Templars (Templar, #1)
  • The Templar Cross (Templar, #2)
  • The Templar Conspiracy (Templar, #4)
  • The Templar Legion (Templar, #5)
  • Red Templar (Templar, #6)
  • Valley Of The Templars (Templar, #7)
  • Lost City of the Templars (Templar, #8)
  • Secret of the Templars (Templar, #9)