Start by marking “Incorporeal (Soul, #1)” as Want to Read:
Incorporeal (Soul, #1)

Incorporeal (Soul #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Sara Wise is sick of ghosts. They’ve haunted her since she was a child, destroying her family, endangering her life. When an incorporeal being appears in her shower, she curses him soundly and orders him out, but this ghost is sticky. Not only does he invade her shower, he moves into her home, invading her dreams, sharing her bed. The reluctant Sara finds herself falling i ...more
Published July 14th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Incorporeal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incorporeal

Anna McC
A sweet, romantic ghost story filled with suspense and drama. The author dove straight into her novel. I was hooked from the first line. Julie Rachel Barrett knows exactly how to grab her readers attention. I found the plot very interesting and unique and I enjoyed watching the characters grow throughout the novel. Although this book had an explosive start I did find a few chapters at the start difficult to read as everything seemed to calm down. Apart from those chapters I don't think this affe ...more
Penny Watson
I am popping up from my self-imposed exile, where I have been searching diligently for the meaning of life, to post a review. I decided to attempt reading again. Believe it or not, I am checking out a non-romance--Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff--and a new romance by Julia Barrett, who is also publishing under the name JR Barrett.

As for the meaning of life, the only significant discovery I've made in the last week is that Francis Ford Coppola makes a really kick-ass Merlot.

As for the new reading mater
Julie
What would you do if you found out you've fallen in love with a ghost who has gone from haunting your sexy erotic dreams to moving in with you and making all those fantastic dreams come true - as a human? Yet, he lived and died five hundred years ago and the reason why he's now in your life is to save you. From what? And what happens to him after he saves you? A good story with romantic paranormal elements. I was pulled into it and read it in nearly one sitting. A very interesting premise that m ...more
Katherine Bayless
Nov 05, 2012 Katherine Bayless rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers
I read Julia Barrett's Soul Series (INCORPOREAL, IN THE FLESH, STAY) over the span of a weekend and was hooked from the beginning. All three novels kept me turning electronic pages well past my bedtime, as I'm often known to do when I come across an engaging story.

[I will disclose here, for the record, that I came across Julia Barrett via Twitter and am also an author. I do not, however, know Ms. Barrett personally, nor have I ever interacted with her socially. I enjoy reading her blog and decid
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Jul 29, 2011 Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Readers

Incorporeal by Julia Rachel Barrett is a touching erotic paranormal love story with an interesting twist. Sara Wise has had the ability to “see” ghosts all of her life. They afflict her life by encroaching their needs onto her before they will give her any peace. Since Natan de Manua - an incorporeal being himself - has moved into her life and excised all the other ghosts from her home. He has set himself up as her protector and breached her dreams where he appears to her in corporeal f
Stephanie

Kindle Edition: 278 KB, approx. 166 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
E-Book provided by author in anticipation of a fair review.
No remuneration was exchanged.

Beverly
My thoughts:
Incorporeal is my first ghost romance and I am thrilled to have had the opportunity to read it. Wonderful story! Sweet, romantic, a bit on the spicy side - it has a little bit of everything; mystery, suspense, history, demons, guardians, ghosts, friendship, fear, loss, love...
I loved that it questions the value of time ~ what would be important to you if you knew you had a timeframe?
The characters are amazing! The main and supporting characters all drew a strong reaction. Sara and N
Kayla
This book was very different from other books I've read by Julia. But I enjoyed it just as much! I've never read a book like this before, the pacing was just right.

Sara Wise is an aspiring writer who sees the dead/Incorporeal beings. When Nathan shows up and all of the other ghosts go away she wonders why he is there. Nathan knows that he was sent to "protect" Sara, but he doesn't know how or from what he is supposed to protect her from. Nathan is told that this is his gift, but he doesn't under
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Enter contest here: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

When I began reading Incorporeal, I was not sure if I would finish the book. As I delved further into the story, I became intrigued with the characters of Sara and Nathan. Their story was a bit strange; one would think that a person would be crazy to believe someone that could “see” and “speak” to a ghost, not to mention actually have an affair with one. Sara is a strong character that showed her wisdom and strength as she told her stor
Kyra Dunst
When you fall in love with a ghost, getting your happily ever after won't be easy. Sara is a sweet girl with a terrible gift. She can see ghosts. When one of her ghostly visitors begins seeing her in her dreams, she can't help but fall for him. The afterlife is a strange thing, and Nathan is sent to protect Sara. I loved how the story concluded. You won't be disappointed with this author, or this book.
Monty Cupcake
Sweet, sweet, sweet. I quite liked this book, especially since I just read two other books with ghosts & this was the best. Simply, Sara sees & talks to ghosts, there's a ghost man in her house that inhabits her sexy steamy dreams at night. Then there's a nice twist, conflict, sadness, and then a happy ending.
Sadie Forsythe
3.5

This will probably be a hit with those readers who really like a sappy love story and a guaranteed happily ever after. I'm not that reader. I tend to asphyxiate if the lovey-dovey good vibes gets too thick. Having said that, it's a sweet story. It's well written. The dialogue is believable and the editing is fine.

I did get sick of the never ending internal monologue and the one-sided phone conversations. They're surprisingly hard to follow in written format. The danger to Sara is also overpl
Susan
I really enjoyed this book, even though I cried for the whole last third of the book. Anytime a book is written to where it causes me to get that involved - you know the ones that you have to keep telling yourself, it's just a book, it's just a book - I call it a success.
Shei Love
HOLD ON A SECOND....DID IT JUST FINISH THERE? THAT WAS THE END OF IT? THIS FANTASTIC BOOK ENDED JUST LIKE THAT? WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK? SERIOUSLY? I NEED AN EPILOGUE. COME ON! I FEEL FRUSTRATED, TO SAY THE LEAST ¬¬

THEY DO GET THEY HEA, BUT COME ON! NO SPECIAL EDITION?

DAMN ¬¬
C.J.
Loved loved loved this. What a story! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Couldn't stop reading. Recommend.
Deanna Drake
There is nothing to say except I loved this story. It was well written throughout, had me hooked from page 1. I liked the mysteriousness of the plot, the scenes were sexy when they needed to be but, were not over done. At first, I wanted more out of the love scenes but, as I kept reading, I was fine with it because there was a sweetness to it.

FYI...on Goodreads, Incorporeal is portrayed as #2 in the series when, it is actually book 1. They are in reverse order on this site for some reason. Incor
Zen
Read this pretty quickly. I did not think that this short book would have time for me to care about the characters, but I did. I do wish Sara's importance, heaven, and guardians had been explained a little better. Was rooting for the main hero and heroine. It was very sexy, but not over the top. Looking forward to the sequel.
Shelley Chastagner
Really enjoyable plot and characters. The heroine is strong and the hero is indearing, realistic (to a point) and worthy. I would definately add this to my collection if I found it in print. The second book in the series "In the Flesh" is on my must read right away list.
Adult read.
Jackie
This was a very enjoyable read. The characters humor and inner dialogue added to the story line. I really wasn't sure where the book was going after the incident in the apartment with "Mark" and I couldn't have predicted how it was going to turn out! What is romance without HEA!?!?
Charlotte
just couldn't make it through this book! I love some of this Authors other books and although this book didn't sound like something i would like I tried it anyways.... Just not for me.
Sharon Buchbinder
Outstanding read! I wish I could give it six (6) stars! Sexy, poignant paranormal with twist after twist that will keep you reading long into the night!
Jeana
Great book, loved the story line and the characters. Kind of wish there was a part two to find out how the rest of their lives went.
Diana Stevan
Julia shows such skill in weaving the paranormal with the erotic. Easy to read, a lovely escape into the unknown.
Susi
Wonderful book! A heartfelt romance with a intriguing paranormal twist.
Review to come.
Stephanie Gallegos
It makes me wish I had a special gift.
Jen_C
Language & formatting issues were annoying.
Cupcakencorset
A fun supernatural romance.
Mitzi
Bk #2 in Soul Series
Elisa Bookaholic
Elisa Bookaholic marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
  • Love Your Entity (Entity, #3)
  • Hunger Awakened (Vampire Hunger #2)
  • Vampire King of New York
  • Vampire Next Door
  • Quicksilver Dreams (Dreamwalkers, #1)
  • Dreams of Ivory (Holiday, Montana, #5)
  • Fearless (Bird of Stone, #2)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Bitten, #2)
  • The Fall
  • Euphoria (Duality, #2)
  • Far From Heaven (Sweet Disgrace, #2)
  • Sunder
  • My Lady, My Lord
  • Beauty and the Beast (Demon Tales, #1)
  • My Everything
  • Beautiful Monster 2
  • East of Ecstasy (Hearts of the Anemoi, #4)
  • The Rousing
This author also writes as Julia Rachel Barrett and Julia Barrett.

If one word describes me, it's eclectic. Or so my friends say. I'm a lover of books, poetry, art, history, baseball, barbecue, chocolate, coffee, children, animals and the great outdoors. I'm a hospice nurse as well as a writer, but I got my first job at the age of twelve so believe me when I tell you if my heroines are doing it, I'
More about J.R. Barrett...
In The Flesh (Soul, #2) Stay (Soul, #3) Exile (Daughters of Persephone, #1) The Soul Series: Special Edition (Soul, #1-3) Reborn (Daughters of Persephone, #3)