Start by marking “Cherry Blossom Capers” as Want to Read:
Cherry Blossom Capers

Cherry Blossom Capers

Four townhouse neighbors encounter romance and mystery near our nation’s capital. In State Secrets, White House assistant chef Tara Whitley and FBI agent Jack Courtland stop a plot to sabotage a State dinner—and find love still hidden in their hearts. In Dying for Love, attorneys and opponents Ciara Turner and Daniel Evans uncover love while searching for justice. In ...more
Published January 1st 2012 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about Cherry Blossom Capers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherry Blossom Capers

Maureen Timerman
Dec 11, 2011 Maureen Timerman rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
Four delightful tales set in the Washington DC area. All four of the authors have woven their stories together and have there heroines live in the same condo area of Cherry Blossom Estates. Love how their lives are interacted in all four stories.
The first story is State Secrets by Lynette Sowell, and is Tara Whitley and Jack Courtland's romance mystery. The setting...the White House. Tara is a Chef, and Jack is an FBI agent. They have a past, and haven't seen each other since they were both livi
Margaret Chind
Jan 05, 2012 Margaret Chind rated it really liked it
Recommended to Margaret by: Gina Conroy
Wrote a review... and it disappeared.

Ok, now to try again.

State Secrets by Lynette Sowell was fabulous from beginning to end. The characters were fabulous and captured me from the first page. Dying for Love by Cara C. Putman was pretty enjoyable and kept me in suspense. Buried Deception by Gina Conroy and Coffee, Tea and Danger by Frances Devine also kept me up into the night. All of these ladies were new to me authors and definitely a few that I plan to look for in the future. Most all of the
May 21, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
So fun to read this book, while in DC. Light, fun, with the right blend for romance and action.
Jun 30, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
In Cherry Blossom Capers, four authors share the novellas of four different women who find themselves in the middle of a mystery and love.

State Secrets by Lynette Sowell: Tara Whitley, chef at the White House, can't believe when her old boyfriend Jack Courtland shows up at the White House to work a case. Not only does he want to take her out to dinner, but he also wants her to help him on his case.
I like the FBI aspect of the story and the character of Jack. However, Tara was a pushover. Jack wa
Iola
Cherry Blossom Capers is one of Barbour Publishing’s romance novella collections, with four stories centred around four Christian women – Tara, Ciara, Samantha and Susan - who live in the Cherry Blossom Estate townhouses in Washington, D.C. The four novellas are:

State Secrets by Lynette Sowell features Tara Whitley, assistant Chef at the White House. Tara is surprised to find FBI agent Jack Courtland in the White House, investigating a potential threat. She first met Jack when they were both wor
Molly (Cafinated Reads)
Jan 05, 2012 Molly (Cafinated Reads) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly (Cafinated Reads) by: FIRST WildCard Tours, Gina Conroy
I absolutely LOVED this entire collection. While it's a collection of 4 books in 1, the stories were extremely well written and highly captivating, so this was a fast paced read. I would turn each page to each story, and find myself thrown into a completely new twist or turn and there were times I thought I things figured out and then one of the authors would hit me with a new puzzle piece, and I'd have to start the guessing game all over again. That was awesome!

But, today, I'll focus on one st
Glenajo
Feb 04, 2012 Glenajo rated it it was amazing
Set in Washington, D.C., Cherry Blossom Capers tells the story of four women in four stories that are connected, but separate. The four women live in condominiums that allow them to keep friendly track of each other. Tara Whitley is an assistant chef at the White House who runs into an old friend searching for a breach in the security there. Ciara Turner is an attorney fighting for women and children in divorces when she and another attorney become prime witnesses in the murder of their old ...more
Robin
Aug 19, 2012 Robin rated it really liked it
Cherry Blosson Capers
Cara Putman, Gina Conroy, Frances Devine, and Lynette Sowell
Book Summary: Four women encounter love, danger, and mystery beyond their neighborhood near Washington, DC. Tara Whitley, assistant chef at the White House, helps FBI agent Jack Courtland unmask a state-dinner saboteur. Attorney Ciara Turner and her nemesis Daniel Evans investigate a judge’s murder. Archeologist intern Samantha Steele almost loses her nerve and children when she and security guard Nick Porter invest
IrenesBookReviews
Jan 25, 2012 IrenesBookReviews rated it it was amazing
This book has four stories. Each one is worth reading. Not very deep character studies but you do get a glimpse of a certain time during the characters life. They all take place in the Washington D.C. area and all have a little romance between the main characters.

State Secrets by Lynette Sowell is about a White House chef and a plot to sabotage a State Dinner. This story is easy to follow and the characters are well developed.

Dying For Love By Cara Putman is about two lawyers who stumble on the
Abbie
This book contains 4 novella’s that tell the story of 4 neighbor ladies who live in a townhouse complex in the Washington D.C area.

What I liked: I enjoyed this book of 4 stories quite a lot. Even though each story was short I felt the authors did a good job developing the characters and plot in the short time frame of the story they told.

What I did not like: Not much actually. The hard part of reading short stories for me is rating them a little different then normal novels. The romances have
Brandy
"Cherry Blossom Capers" delivers four romantic mysteries set in Washington DC. These loosely connected novellas each resolve independently and serve up perfect portions of longing, danger, and faith.

The collection consists of:

State Secrets by Lynette Sowell -- An exciting undercover op inside the White House.
Dying for Love by Cara C. Putman -- A dramatic murder mystery pairing courtroom rivals.
Buried Deception by Gina Conroy -- A smart and fast-paced love triangle at Mount Vernon Estates.
Coffee,
Casey
Mar 17, 2012 Casey rated it really liked it
Writing a novel is hard enough work for one person. Writing a novel with four authors I can imagine would be a challenge, but one that every single one of these authors pulled off with finesse.

Every single one of the novellas in this collection was a great read. With characters that cross over into every one of the other books, the authors stayed true to the characters their co-writers had also created.

"Lovers and Lawbreakers" is the tagline for the novel and its a great description of Cherry B
Audrey Dailey
Feb 15, 2016 Audrey Dailey rated it liked it
This book was a collection of 4 interwoven novellas. Normally I don't like novellas but I tried one at Christmas and it was good so I tried again. I didn't like this one as much. It's just hard to feel connected to the characters in a shorter story. I liked 2 of these stories (the first two) and I wish those had been full-length books. The 3rd story was ridiculous so then I was kind of out of the right mood by the 4th story. Maybe I would have liked it if I had read it first.
Once again Cara Put
Joanne
Jan 25, 2012 Joanne rated it really liked it
These four novellas, which have been made into one book by four different authors, are thoroughly enjoyable. The last two were my favourites as I found the mysteries stronger in these. They have convincingly used a different heroine in each story and all are neighbours in Cherry Blossom Estate. Each heroine is featured in all of these novellas. I found 'Cherry Blossom Capers' a quick, easy and light-hearted read with a Christian message running through each. Being short stories, there isn't much ...more
Deb
Nov 29, 2012 Deb rated it really liked it
Four delightful stories packed with intrigue, romance, and faith.

In all four stories, the couples find each other long after they have given up hope of finding, or being able to find, happiness again. Ofttimes, books of a spiritual nature can seem 'in your face' and 'pushy'. This book is neither, and I, for one, appreciated that greatly!

I found all four stories to be heartwarming, and will be looking for more work by all four authors.
Pegg
Jul 06, 2013 Pegg rated it liked it
Four short romance stories involving a group of four women who live in an apartment complex near Washington, DC. They are all connected and they all contain a bit of intrigue or mystery. I'll admit that mysteries are not a genre I'm particularly drawn to, but all four stories were engaging and would make an enjoyable summer read.
Linda Clarke
Mar 30, 2012 Linda Clarke rated it it was amazing
This is the most fun book ever. It has 4 short stories by 4 different authors. Each story is a mystery with a little love story. The couples were adorable and quite believable. This book was fun and entertaining. Great Christian fiction!
Pauline
Mar 05, 2013 Pauline rated it liked it
I almost didn't read it because I didn't like the cover, but I'm glad I did. Four short novellas--each with a mystery and romance thrown in set in Washington, DC.
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2013
Marley
Marley rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Raili
Raili rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Amy Hudak long
Amy Hudak long rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2015
Lex Gilmore
Lex Gilmore rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Emily Schirmer
Emily Schirmer rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2015
Joy
Joy rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Jen Larson
Jen Larson rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
K N
K N rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Rainbow's End
  • Seattle Cinderella
  • Highland Crossings (Romancing America)
  • The Quakers of New Garden
  • A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas
  • Jersey Brides
  • Sundays in Fredericksburg
  • The Midwife's Legacy
  • Lily (Song of the River #1)
  • A Door County Christmas: Four Romances Warm Hearts in Wisconsin's Version of Cape Cod
  • Christmas at Barncastle Inn
  • The Bartered Bride Collection
  • Simple Deceit (Harmony, #2)
  • Turnabout's Fair Play (The Matchmakers, #3)
  • Something New (Plains City Bridesmaids #2)
  • The Treasure of the Celtic Triangle (The Green Hills of Snowdonia, #2)
  • Central Park Rendezvous