Start by marking “Tales of the City” as Want to Read:
Tales of the City

Tales of the City

A collection of previously unpublished vignettes and longer works which introduce new characters and stories to Demont's ever-growing cast and setting.

In "Drive-Through", a late-night run for barbecue takes an unexpected turn, while "The Line of the Hunt" tells the tale of a were-cheetah struggling to maintain a normal life despite his bestial nature, and how a chance enc
Published August 17th 2011 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Tales of the City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of the City

Ann
When you read this one, make sure to read the Author’s Note at the beginning. I love to read the evolution of stories and what the author thinks about their characters. This is an especially good one and is a must read!

The thing I really like about this author’s stories, besides the humor and the unique take on the paranormal, are the endings. The endings are perfect. There’s an HEA but the bow on that package isn’t too pretty, but it’s believable and that is so much better.

Drive – Through

Well
Tim
Oct 12, 2011 Tim rated it really liked it
For the readers of Vaughn R. Demont's work who wonder where the sexual content is, they're likely to find it here.

"Tales of the City" is a small grouping of 2 short short stories (Drive-Through and Happy Birthday), a novelette (The Line of the Hunt), and a novella (Let the River Run), but for $0.99 there's plenty of story here and new characters brought into the City.

"Drive-Through" is more of a tryst than a story, though it introduces a pair of characters, an incubus and a werecat and somehow
Spoonkick
Well I bought this book yesterday and I have already read it twice. I love these stories.

There are four "Drive Through" and "Let the River Run" both focus on an Incubus named Chuck, who manages to make his profession seem real to me. This earns Mr. Demont lots of points in my book because I often find that when I read stories written from the pov of supernatural beings that they come off sort of...forced? Regardless, Chuck is a wonderful character, and the sex in "Drive Through" is Hot and I co
Nicole
May 15, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Loved it! Needs some serious proofing, though, as it is rife with typos--the worst of Mr. Demont's books in that regard (though still no worse than most m/m). Since a lot of the typos are missing and wrong words, it affects reading a little. But the characters were fantastic, the plots ideal for short-story and novelette formats, and the entire thing was just another fantastic way to expand the mythology of the City. I guess the story with Fred and Daniel was my least favorite, but I en ...more
Tiferet
Jun 27, 2014 Tiferet rated it really liked it
It's a fantastic read for everyone who loves the City - the lore is interesting, the characters hugely likable (some of them downright lovable, I'm looking at you, Chuck), and as per usual it's all fun and games, and then suddenly you notice you acquired all the FEELS and can't put it down because you're rooting for those guys with all your heart.
Sammie
Sammie rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Phoenix
Phoenix rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Kira
Kira rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Vasean
Vasean rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2015
Ivan Morataya
Ivan Morataya rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2014
Liqorish Tivet
Liqorish Tivet rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2015
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Yavor Georgiev
Yavor Georgiev rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Robert Brigham
Robert Brigham rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2012
Soren
Soren rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2014
Clarktroll
Clarktroll rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Barry
Barry rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
WhatAStrangeDuck
WhatAStrangeDuck rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Sterh
Sterh rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2012
T.W. Spencer
T.W. Spencer marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2011
Arielle
Arielle marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2011
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2011
LaShonta
LaShonta marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2012
Keziah Wallis
Keziah Wallis marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2012
Shadowspawn
Shadowspawn marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Jenni Lea
Jenni Lea marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Bec
Bec marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Tara♥
Tara♥ marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Karolína
Karolína marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Cate Sloe
Cate Sloe marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Ara
Ara marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Liz (Bugetta)
Liz (Bugetta) marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
2981902
Writer, Scorpio, and self-professed waffle-addict, Vaughn R. Demont received his Bachelor of Arts from Oswego State University, and his Master of Fine Arts from Goddard College, where he studied Creative Writing and being poor. He has published several novelettes and novellas, including The Last Paladin series, House of Stone, and the Broken Mirrors series.

Vaughn currently lives in Central New Yo
More about Vaughn R. Demont...