Start by marking “Three Bedrooms, One Corpse ” as Want to Read:
Three Bedrooms, One Corpse

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse (Aurora Teagarden #3)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  10,609 ratings  ·  407 reviews
Third in the Aurora Teagarden series, one great new look.

Deciding if she wants to go into real estate becomes a life-or-death choice for Aurora "Roe" Teagarden. A naked corpse is discovered at her first house showing. And when a second body is found in another house for sale, it becomes obvious that there is a very cool killer at large in Lawrenceton, one who knows a gre
Mass Market Paperback, 240 pages
Published March 4th 2008 by Berkley (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Three Bedrooms, One Corpse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Bedrooms, One Corpse

Stephanie
Blake
Cassi aka Snow White Haggard
Are the heroines in mystery books always THIS STUPID? Because I'm smart but not like genius smart, and compared to me, Roe is a dumb-bum. At least that's how I felt by the end of this book.

Seriously DO NOT CHASE DANGER. DO NOT BREAK INTO A MURDERERS HOUSE. CALL THE DAMN POLICE!

Also this book made me feel like I'd been banished to adverb hell for awhile. The dialogue tags almost always had an adverb to explain further what the words meant (because apparently understanding the words themselves mea
Cindy
This series is consistently getting 3 stars from me. It's a quick, fun read and a good cleansing book that I don't have to concentrate on to hard. I still think Aurora is kind of unfeeling and pretty selfish at times. I did enjoy this book much better than the the second one where the romance was really flat. She sure does go through the guys for someone who doesn't date much!
Jim
Better than the first two, but the mystery was deeper & wrapped up a little to fast. There was too much explanation at the end, not enough investigation. Found the killer & they spewed all, wrapping it all up too neatly. Otherwise, it was a better book. The characters are better developed & the writing seems tighter.
Syrdarya
Yolanda Sfetsos
As you (probably now) know, I've been having a great time getting stuck into this series. I really enjoyed the first and second books, and have become very fond of Roe. As well as her town of Lawrenceton, and the strange mix of people who seem to have so many secrets.

Since Roe quit her job at the library, she's got a bit of spare time on her hands, so she decides to hang around Select Realty, which happens to be her mother's business. She wants to see if she likes it, and maybe then she can purs
Lynn
Truly horrible writing. The characters were under-developed, the "romance" contrived and implausible. There was no suspense and the story was filled with unnecessary details and minutiae of the protagonist's daily life. Did taking the cat to the vet really warrant mentioning? And how many times does the author need to describe the protagonist's mother as being Lauren Bacall-like? Certainly not as many as she has between this and the book prior to this one in the series.

I like cozy mysteries, I
Meli
Ameno y entretenido, pero me gustó menos que los anteriores. Este vez no deparó sorpresas, fue predecible, Roe empezó a MarySuenear y se vuelve un poco reiterativo, ¿siempre que muera alguien en su pueblito lo va a encontrar ella?

También me fastidia un poco que en cada libro consiga un novio nuevo. ¡Espero que este le dure aunque sea un volumen más!
Karen
Another good book in the Aurora Teagarden series. Charlaine harris really knows how to throw you off the scent because you really do not know who the suspect is until then end. Which in turn keeps you on your toes. I truly like The characters and Aurora's own quirkiness.
Tatiana
Aurora Teagarden is in the middle of a murder investigation again! This time she finds a body of a saleswoman in a house she is showing to an enigmatic and sexy client.

I think I like this book more than the previous ones because it seems Charlaine Harris has finally found that little something that makes books addictive. And this "something" is certainly sexual attraction between her characters. She did a great job describing intereactions between Roe and Martin in this book. Although I have to
Sarah Adamson
Another Reread.
Loved this book the first time I read it, love the Aurora character, so normal and everyday with hidden strengths and great personality. Love the humor in these books. 1st book starring Martin!
Brooke Mcgregor

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse is about a girl named Roe Teagarden, aka Roe, who just quit her job at the library, inherited a lot of money from Jane and is now starting to become a realtor just like her mom. In the midst of all this, she is also trying to find house of her own. On the day of the Anderton house showing, Roe’s mom was falling behind schedule so she asked Roe to show the house for her. Things didn’t go according to plan with her first showing. As Row began to take a walk through of t
Delonda
Francesca Morelli
Terzo capitolo di questa saga la cui protagonista assomiglia sempre più alla signora Jessica Fletcher non per età, ma come portatrice di disgrazie, dove arriva Aurora si verifica più di un delitto.
Bisogna dire che ogni volta che scopre il colpevole lei finisce in ospedale, un altro tratto caratteristico di questi libri, oltre al fatto che ad ogni episodio ha una relazione con un pretendente diverso... forse in questo capitolo ha trovato finalmente l'Amore!!!
Ebbene la struttura del romanzo è semp
Deborah
Learned -- that Charlaine Harris is not above description such as "she was a heavyset black."

Review -- still an enjoyable mystery. I like mysteries, but I don't read them that often. I like this series because of course it's about a librarian, and I like the setting and characters, though there are a few too many of them. It's a good book to read during a high stress time --just enough, not too much, thought required.
Rosey
The first two book were middle ground but this one has moved up. Roe goes from boring to more exciting real fast with a new attraction to an older man. While showing said older man a house, they find the naked body of an realator in one of the bedrooms. Of course Roe is on the case.

Magpie67
Another light and entertaining cozy mystery by Charlaine Harris. 3rd in the series and not my last one to read. Aurora Teagarden is a delightful character who seems to attract murder and mayhem in her life. She also has a knack for solving the crime in a simple yet elegant way. Thumbs up for this series!
Amber
This one took me a bit to read. I actually put it down and walked away for a while. It didn't reach out and grab me like the other ones. But it did end up being good once I got over the hump. I rated it 4 stars. I really do like this series and the characters.
Renee Furutani
Meh. I guess I read this series thinking they're murder mysteries but it's 10% mystery & 90% self absorbed thinking about Aurora's own dating, career & financial woes.
Karen
I was pretty close to guessing the murderer this time. However, I was very disheartened by the many things left unresolved. Roe decides (in her head) to change boyfriends, and there is no actual breakup with Aubrey. Weird. Then there is a whole mysterious back ground story to the new boyfriend's line of work, also not explained. This all probably leads right into the next book, like the Sookie situations. What I did like was that because this story is older, no cell phones. It really makes crime ...more
Dexter
It first I was unimpressed, as I always seem to be with Aurora Teagarden mysteries. I think it must just be that she's from another century, and there's a bit of a cultural gap that isn't as easy to understand as, say, a character from ancient Egypt.

But once I got over that, it was very easy to get drawn into the mystery. I actually quite like Roe. She's feisty in a good way, though prone to fits of stupidity. But hey, nobody's perfect.

I kind of like Martin too, though I'm very uneasy about him
Crys (The Hodgenator)
4.5 - another great Aurora Teagarden mystery

Roe is back at it again...and quite by accident, again. When she decides to help her mom, who is waiting on a late appointment, by letting prospective buyers into a house, they find a lot more than they were expecting - a fellow real estate agent dead in the bed of the master suite.

Curiosity gets the best of Roe, and soon she is on the case to find out who is guilty, but is this more than she has bargained for?

What I love about Aurora Teagarden myster
Hermioneginny
Mentre sta facendo visitare una villa a dei poteniali compratori, Aurora scopre il cadavere di un'agente immobiliare, lasciato in una posizione imbarazzante. Ma Aurora è sconvolta da ben altro: Martin, il cliente, la attrae come nessun uomo aveva mai fatto...

Questa saga non spicca certo per la capacità di scrittura! Aurora è a dir poco insopportabile, come muove un passo qualcuno muore, è legata al cliché della donna che si deve sposare presto altrimenti ha la data di scadenza... un po' più di a
Kathy
The third in the Aurora Teagarden series. I haven't read 1 or 2, just picked this up for the state challenge since it is set in Georgia. There were a few references to things that had happened in the first two books, but nothing that made me feel lost. Aurora quits her job as a librarian, thinking she might join her mother's real estate agency. Finding a dead body in a house she shows kind of changes her mind on that score...but she proceeds to solve the mystery of that murder and one other besi ...more
Stacey
This the the third Aurora Teagarden mystery by Charlaine Harris I've read. After inheriting big bucks from a deceased acquaintance, Roe quits her job at the library and joins her mother's realty company at least for a little while, to see if it's something she enjoys. Unfortunately in one of the houses she shows, the corpse of another Realtor is found bound to a bed. Who is the murderer? Shortly thereafter another body of yet another Realtor is found. Per usual, Roe has a hard time keeping her n ...more
Merrill
Okay, these books are decent enough. They are no Sookie series, but still, an okay read. But what is the deal with the author making such a big deal about how funny her name is. I swear....every single time Aurora introduces herself...in ALL the books...the person laughs at her name. Huh?? I don't get it. What part is funny? Aurora? Teagarden?? The two names together??? Seriously...let it go. Have you been to the south?????? Everyone has unusual names. No one world bat an eye at hers. So annoyin ...more
Xulieta NeveraDeLibros
No he podido evitar la tentación de seguir leyendo esta saga y es que la pequeña Roe me encanta y me parece un personaje muy carismático.

En esta tercera entrega Aurora comienza a seguir los pasos de su madre como agente inmobiliario y su primera tarea es enseñar una enorme casa a un hombre nuevo en el pueblo, Martin, y su hermana, Barbara. Hasta aquí todo parece normal y la casa preciosa pero en el momento de enseñar una de las últimas estancias, se encuentran un cadáver, una de las agentes inm
Oooo, I liked this one a lot. As the third book in the series, it is my favorite of the three so far. The mystery seemed more dramatic to me, which I enjoyed. I love the new character Martin, I can't wait to see what happens in their relationship and the mystery surrounding Martin's history.

Roe has a lot more cajones in this book. When she eventually confronts the murderer, she doesn't tense up and become afraid. She fights back, which I think is mighty bad-ass. I almost forget that she is a pet
Debbie
Trying to help her mother, Aurora ‘Roe’ Teagarden met the Bartells (Martin and his sister Barbara) to show them the Anderton house. During the process of showing them the house, the body of another local realtor (Tonia Lee Greenhouse) was discovered. Having a fascination with true crimes, Roe started her own investigation into who would have and who could have killed this woman. While the realtors dealt with the lose of one of their own, Roe and Martin, became closer.

This book is short, quick, l
  • The Ghost And The Dead Man's Library (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • The Trouble With Witches (Ophelia & Abby, #3)
  • Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2)
  • A Charmed Death (A Bewitching Mystery, #2)
  • Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)
  • Bookmarked For Death (Booktown Mystery #2)
  • Aunt Dimity's Good Deed (Aunt Dimity, #3)
  • A Spoonful of Poison (Agatha Raisin,  #19)
  • Devil May Ride (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #2)
  • Dead Secret (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #3)
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over twenty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Now she lives in southern Arkansas with her husband, her three children, three dogs, and a duck. The duck stays outside.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was wr
More about Charlaine Harris...

Aurora Teagarden (9 books)
  • Real Murders (Aurora Teagarden, #1)
  • A Bone to Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
  • The Julius House (Aurora Teagarden, #4)
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
  • A Fool and His Honey (Aurora Teagarden, #6)
  • Last Scene Alive (Aurora Teagarden, #7)
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • The Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Volume One
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)

“Why was it librarians had such a prim image? With all the information available in books right there at their fingertips, librarians could be the best-informed people around. About anything.” 13 likes
“A place isn’t really yours until you clean it.” 2 likes