Start by marking “Three Bedrooms, One Corpse ” as Want to Read:
Three Bedrooms, One Corpse

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse (Aurora Teagarden #3)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  9,937 ratings  ·  373 reviews
Third in the Aurora Teagarden series, one great new look.

Deciding if she wants to go into real estate becomes a life-or-death choice for Aurora "Roe" Teagarden. A naked corpse is discovered at her first house showing. And when a second body is found in another house for sale, it becomes obvious that there is a very cool killer at large in Lawrenceton, one who knows a grea
Mass Market Paperback, 240 pages
Published March 4th 2008 by Berkley (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Three Bedrooms, One Corpse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Bedrooms, One Corpse

Stephanie
Blake
Cassi aka Snow White Haggard
Are the heroines in mystery books always THIS STUPID? Because I'm smart but not like genius smart, and compared to me, Roe is a dumb-bum. At least that's how I felt by the end of this book.

Seriously DO NOT CHASE DANGER. DO NOT BREAK INTO A MURDERERS HOUSE. CALL THE DAMN POLICE!

Also this book made me feel like I'd been banished to adverb hell for awhile. The dialogue tags almost always had an adverb to explain further what the words meant (because apparently understanding the words themselves mea
Jim
Better than the first two, but the mystery was deeper & wrapped up a little to fast. There was too much explanation at the end, not enough investigation. Found the killer & they spewed all, wrapping it all up too neatly. Otherwise, it was a better book. The characters are better developed & the writing seems tighter.
Syrdarya
Yolanda Sfetsos
As you (probably now) know, I've been having a great time getting stuck into this series. I really enjoyed the first and second books, and have become very fond of Roe. As well as her town of Lawrenceton, and the strange mix of people who seem to have so many secrets.

Since Roe quit her job at the library, she's got a bit of spare time on her hands, so she decides to hang around Select Realty, which happens to be her mother's business. She wants to see if she likes it, and maybe then she can purs
Lynn
Truly horrible writing. The characters were under-developed, the "romance" contrived and implausible. There was no suspense and the story was filled with unnecessary details and minutiae of the protagonist's daily life. Did taking the cat to the vet really warrant mentioning? And how many times does the author need to describe the protagonist's mother as being Lauren Bacall-like? Certainly not as many as she has between this and the book prior to this one in the series.

I like cozy mysteries, I
Cindy
This series is consistently getting 3 stars from me. It's a quick, fun read and a good cleansing book that I don't have to concentrate on to hard. I still think Aurora is kind of unfeeling and pretty selfish at times. I did enjoy this book much better than the the second one where the romance was really flat. She sure does go through the guys for someone who doesn't date much!
Tatiana
Aurora Teagarden is in the middle of a murder investigation again! This time she finds a body of a saleswoman in a house she is showing to an enigmatic and sexy client.

I think I like this book more than the previous ones because it seems Charlaine Harris has finally found that little something that makes books addictive. And this "something" is certainly sexual attraction between her characters. She did a great job describing intereactions between Roe and Martin in this book. Although I have to
Brooke Mcgregor

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse is about a girl named Roe Teagarden, aka Roe, who just quit her job at the library, inherited a lot of money from Jane and is now starting to become a realtor just like her mom. In the midst of all this, she is also trying to find house of her own. On the day of the Anderton house showing, Roe’s mom was falling behind schedule so she asked Roe to show the house for her. Things didn’t go according to plan with her first showing. As Row began to take a walk through of t
Francesca Morelli
Terzo capitolo di questa saga la cui protagonista assomiglia sempre più alla signora Jessica Fletcher non per età, ma come portatrice di disgrazie, dove arriva Aurora si verifica più di un delitto.
Bisogna dire che ogni volta che scopre il colpevole lei finisce in ospedale, un altro tratto caratteristico di questi libri, oltre al fatto che ad ogni episodio ha una relazione con un pretendente diverso... forse in questo capitolo ha trovato finalmente l'Amore!!!
Ebbene la struttura del romanzo è semp
Deborah
Learned -- that Charlaine Harris is not above description such as "she was a heavyset black."

Review -- still an enjoyable mystery. I like mysteries, but I don't read them that often. I like this series because of course it's about a librarian, and I like the setting and characters, though there are a few too many of them. It's a good book to read during a high stress time --just enough, not too much, thought required.
Rosey
The first two book were middle ground but this one has moved up. Roe goes from boring to more exciting real fast with a new attraction to an older man. While showing said older man a house, they find the naked body of an realator in one of the bedrooms. Of course Roe is on the case.

Magpie67
Another light and entertaining cozy mystery by Charlaine Harris. 3rd in the series and not my last one to read. Aurora Teagarden is a delightful character who seems to attract murder and mayhem in her life. She also has a knack for solving the crime in a simple yet elegant way. Thumbs up for this series!
Amber
This one took me a bit to read. I actually put it down and walked away for a while. It didn't reach out and grab me like the other ones. But it did end up being good once I got over the hump. I rated it 4 stars. I really do like this series and the characters.
Renee Furutani
Meh. I guess I read this series thinking they're murder mysteries but it's 10% mystery & 90% self absorbed thinking about Aurora's own dating, career & financial woes.
Karen
I was pretty close to guessing the murderer this time. However, I was very disheartened by the many things left unresolved. Roe decides (in her head) to change boyfriends, and there is no actual breakup with Aubrey. Weird. Then there is a whole mysterious back ground story to the new boyfriend's line of work, also not explained. This all probably leads right into the next book, like the Sookie situations. What I did like was that because this story is older, no cell phones. It really makes crime ...more
Dexter/Persy
It first I was unimpressed, as I always seem to be with Aurora Teagarden mysteries. I think it must just be that she's from another century, and there's a bit of a cultural gap that isn't as easy to understand as, say, a character from ancient Egypt.

But once I got over that, it was very easy to get drawn into the mystery. I actually quite like Roe. She's feisty in a good way, though prone to fits of stupidity. But hey, nobody's perfect.

I kind of like Martin too, though I'm very uneasy about him
Hermioneginny
Mentre sta facendo visitare una villa a dei poteniali compratori, Aurora scopre il cadavere di un'agente immobiliare, lasciato in una posizione imbarazzante. Ma Aurora è sconvolta da ben altro: Martin, il cliente, la attrae come nessun uomo aveva mai fatto...

Questa saga non spicca certo per la capacità di scrittura! Aurora è a dir poco insopportabile, come muove un passo qualcuno muore, è legata al cliché della donna che si deve sposare presto altrimenti ha la data di scadenza... un po' più di a
Merrill
Okay, these books are decent enough. They are no Sookie series, but still, an okay read. But what is the deal with the author making such a big deal about how funny her name is. I swear....every single time Aurora introduces herself...in ALL the books...the person laughs at her name. Huh?? I don't get it. What part is funny? Aurora? Teagarden?? The two names together??? Seriously...let it go. Have you been to the south?????? Everyone has unusual names. No one world bat an eye at hers. So annoyin ...more
Xulieta NeveraDeLibros
No he podido evitar la tentación de seguir leyendo esta saga y es que la pequeña Roe me encanta y me parece un personaje muy carismático.

En esta tercera entrega Aurora comienza a seguir los pasos de su madre como agente inmobiliario y su primera tarea es enseñar una enorme casa a un hombre nuevo en el pueblo, Martin, y su hermana, Barbara. Hasta aquí todo parece normal y la casa preciosa pero en el momento de enseñar una de las últimas estancias, se encuentran un cadáver, una de las agentes inm
Oooo, I liked this one a lot. As the third book in the series, it is my favorite of the three so far. The mystery seemed more dramatic to me, which I enjoyed. I love the new character Martin, I can't wait to see what happens in their relationship and the mystery surrounding Martin's history.

Roe has a lot more cajones in this book. When she eventually confronts the murderer, she doesn't tense up and become afraid. She fights back, which I think is mighty bad-ass. I almost forget that she is a pet
Debbie
Trying to help her mother, Aurora ‘Roe’ Teagarden met the Bartells (Martin and his sister Barbara) to show them the Anderton house. During the process of showing them the house, the body of another local realtor (Tonia Lee Greenhouse) was discovered. Having a fascination with true crimes, Roe started her own investigation into who would have and who could have killed this woman. While the realtors dealt with the lose of one of their own, Roe and Martin, became closer.

This book is short, quick, l
Bianca
This book is definitely my favourite of the series. Aurora finally gets interesting and much more likeable.

At the beginning of this book Aurora is still dating Aubrey Scott, the priest. But it soon becomes apparent that this relationship is comfortable but not everlasting. Simultaneously, Aurora tries to be a real estate agent and shows one of the nicest houses in Lawrenceton to a new businessman in town, Martin Bartell, and it is love at first sight on both sides.

While all these hormones are f
Auggie
Three Bedrooms, One Corpse was the third book in the Aurora Teagarden mystery series. It wasn't nearly as boring as the second book. Lord. It still took me some time to get through because I kept getting distracted by more exciting reads, but I'm getting used to this series and Aurora is becoming a bit of a friend.

Like Sookie Stackhouse Aurora attracts trouble without meaning to. She's always present when something crappy happens and that's got the town thinking she's kind of bonkers herself. Oh
Anna
Abbey
BOTTOM LINE: Another wonderful visit with Roe and friends in "nice" little Lawrenceton Georgia! Along with the bodies of realtors in empty houses, Roe finds infatuation with a sexy older man, and perhaps a bit more.

I mostly don't enjoy romance in a mystery as it often detracts from the plotting, but it works well here. A good entry in a long series, this third of the Roe Teagarden stories simply raced along, pulling me further, and faster, into the story. Female realtors are being found strangl
Silvia Liotta
La vita di Roe senza l'impegno part time della biblioteca sembra alquanto
noiosa e priva di emozioni: ecco perchè la nostra protagonista ha deciso di
sperimentare il lavoro di agente immobiliare insieme alla madre. Durante una visita
con alcuni clienti interessati ad una bella casa Roe scoprirà che le avventure
e le novità per lei non sono finite. Chi sarà questa volta l'assassino che
sta spaventando la piccola cittadina di Lawrenceton? Un terzo libro davvero
scoppiettante e di sicuro più avvicente ri
Alice
I honestly don't know if the earlier Aurora Teagarden mysteries were as bad as this, because I listened to them on audio, and I read a physical copy of this one. Still, I suspect I would have a lot of the same complaints.

There's a love interest introduced in this book who Aurora attaches onto rather quickly, and I never understood why. She talks to her mother and best-friend-from-afar about how much she likes him, but the conversations sounded more like Roe trying to talk herself into it than th
April Kane
Since leaving librarianship Aurora “Roe” Teagarden decides to try working for her mother’s real estate agency. While helping to show her first house to perspective buyers Roe discovers the body of one her mother’s real estate competitors. Eventually a second victim, who also works in Lawrenceton’s very busy real estate community, will be discovered as well.

Meanwhile Roe also has continuing relationship issues. She keeps running into her ex police officer boyfriend and his new wife, plus for awh
  • The Trouble With Witches (Ophelia & Abby, #3)
  • Murder Most Frothy (Coffeehouse Mystery, #4)
  • The Ghost And The Dead Man's Library (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #6)
  • Bookmarked For Death (Booktown Mystery #2)
  • The Trouble With Magic (A Bewitching Mystery, #1)
  • Dolly Departed (Gretchen Birch, #3)
  • Murder with Reservations (Dead-End Job Mystery, #6)
  • Dead Secret (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #3)
  • Swan for the Money (Meg Langslow, #11)
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over twenty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Now she lives in southern Arkansas with her husband, her three children, three dogs, and a duck. The duck stays outside.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was wr
More about Charlaine Harris...
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)

“Why was it librarians had such a prim image? With all the information available in books right there at their fingertips, librarians could be the best-informed people around. About anything.” 13 likes
“A place isn’t really yours until you clean it.” 2 likes