Start by marking “Scooby-Doo! and the Groovy Ghost” as Want to Read:
Scooby-Doo! and the Groovy Ghost

Scooby-Doo! and the Groovy Ghost (Scooby-Doo! Mysteries #8)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  243 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
When a theater becomes haunted by the sounds of mysterious guitar playing, Scooby-Doo and the gang begin searching for clues in order to solve the case.
Published January 1st 2000 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Scooby-Doo! and the Groovy Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scooby-Doo! and the Groovy Ghost

Taryn
Apr 07, 2016 Taryn added it
Scooby-Doo! and the Groovy Ghost is an excellent mystery read. This chapter book gives the right amount of suspense for students. During this read, each chapter leads to another clue which makes you want to keep reading. The surrealistic characters such as Scooby-Doo and the groovy ghost, create an exciting environment for students so they wont feel as spooked out as it would be if it were played by realistic characters. The question that leaves readers asking is, is the groovy ghost friendly or ...more
Taneysha forsyth
Apr 07, 2009 Taneysha forsyth rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK IS ABOUT THIS CREW WHO GOES AND SLOVE MYSTERIES WITH MONSTERS AND ALL TPYES OF THINGS. I THINK SCOOBY IS A GOOD ANIMAL WHO IS VERY SMART.This book is funny b/c of shaggy the way he walk and laugh.I thinf scooby is chicken at points you have to feed him scooby snacks.the ghost is blue of green and is ugly.Would you slove a mystery without scobby snacks?

MS.STELLACCI'S SCOOBY DOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosa Cline
Oct 12, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This is a chapter book, so if you are looking for a smaller 'storybook' for younger readers-listeners this isn't your book. However, my special needs teenage son and I really enjoyed reading this book and following 'the Gang' through this adventure. Like some of the other SD chapter books we've read, this one wasn't overly boring. Had enough descriptions and details that you as a reader wasn't sure 'who' did the 'crime' until almost the end. (Where as some of the others a quarter into the book y ...more
Cheyenne
Feb 07, 2014 Cheyenne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This book is one of my childhood favorites. I'm a huge Scooby Doo fan, always will be, and this was the first, and for a long time the only, Scooby Doo book I had. I've read it multiple times. This book is done in classic Scooby Doo fashion. Even if your child isn't a Scooby fan, it's still a book that they would enjoy. It's a fun mystery filled adventure in a who-don-it style. And even though it has a Groovy Ghost it's not scary at all. Nobody but Shaggy and Scooby will tell you otherwise!
Dolly
Jul 03, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We love all things Scooby-Doo, so whenever we find a Scooby-Doo book we haven't read yet at our local library, we just have to borrow it. The stories in the Scooby-Doo! Mysteries series are simple, fun, and we enjoy reading them together. Right now, our girls really like these short chapter books, but they also like the shorter picture books too. We've read over thirty of these stories, but there are so many more out there...I think we'll be having fun with these stories for years to come.

This t
Eva Leger
Oct 31, 2011 Eva Leger rated it really liked it
Shelves: julias-books
Yet another Scooby book under out belts. :) This one wasn't one of my favorites but Julia liked it well enough. (There hasn't been one she hasn't liked - either the Mysteries or the Collect-the-Clues.)
I did notice with this one that Julia's getting more adept at pulling the clues out and apart. She's starting to notice smaller things and connect them with the bigger picture which is fun to watch. It's also a lovely thing to finish reading and hear her beg me for "one more chapter".
We're reading
Feb 23, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, scooby-doo
Read this years ago when I was younger.
Ronnie
Oct 11, 2015 Ronnie rated it it was amazing
is a good book
Lancer
Oct 22, 2015 Lancer rated it really liked it
ok
Ty O'Brien
Feb 28, 2016 Ty O'Brien rated it really liked it
My favourite character is Scooby Dooby Doo because I like the things he does when he is solving a mystery like when he runs away and acts really funny. My least favourite character is the Groovy Ghost because he is a bad guy.
I think that other people should read this book because its really funny and cool.
Stephanie Tuell
another great book for any scooby fan. scooby and the gang track a ghost that is haunting a theater with music and threats to make people leave. this is a very good book for any beginner reader that is a fan of scooby. i am in my 20s and still reading books about him. a recommended read.
Edwin Angeles
Aug 18, 2013 Edwin Angeles rated it really liked it
it about hwo a ghost wont to travy to mack avry one lev and athay mack him stuck whih wet contit and thay do this all the time
Laree Brown
Mar 15, 2010 Laree Brown rated it really liked it
This is an excellent book to read to young students! They will probably find the gooney language very entertaining!
Troy
Jul 20, 2010 Troy added it
Time to solve a mystery! These chaper books are perfect for Scooby fans!
Fiza Qazi
i didnt really like this book because it didnt have any details about the mystery.
Livingmylife Justforme

When it comes to scooby I am always there ... LMBO
Elhamy mohmed
May 02, 2013 Elhamy mohmed rated it it was amazing
كل يوم اشاهد حلقتها وعندي لعبه لها اسمها اسكوبي دو بالي استييشن2
Jaime Contreras
Jul 28, 2013 Jaime Contreras rated it liked it
This was flat but I still enjoyed reading it.
Olivia
Jan 07, 2009 Olivia rated it it was amazing
i think that monster was very scary.
Tyler
Jan 27, 2009 Tyler added it
good book
Katherine Lopez
Katherine Lopez marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Josef Ploski
Josef Ploski marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Leeroy Holmes
Leeroy Holmes rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Colwyn
Colwyn marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Mason
Mason rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Amiya
Amiya marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Zoiebelle
Zoiebelle marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Ronni Jepsen
Ronni Jepsen marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
  • Sea Monster Scare (Scooby-Doo! Readers, #12)
  • Scooby Doo and the Weird Water Park
  • Thomas the Tank Engine Story Collection (Thomas & Friends)
  • Splashdown in Cerulean City (Pokemon Chapter Book, #7)
  • Dora Goes to School (Dora the Explorer, #8)
  • The Case of the Marshmallow Monster (Jigsaw Jones, #11)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Jumping Frogs (Encyclopedia Brown, #23)
  • Flat Stanley and the Firehouse
  • Wings on Things
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • It's Not Easy Being Big! (Bright & Early Books)
  • The Bears' Vacation
  • Titanic Young Survivors (Ten True Tales)
  • The Haunted House (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #2)
  • Baa-Choo!

Scooby-Doo! Mysteries (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Scooby-Doo! and the Haunted Castle
  • Scooby-Doo! and the Mummy's Curse (Scooby-Doo! Mysteries, #2)
  • Scooby-Doo! and the Snow Monster