Start by marking “Payback Ain't Enough (Payback #3)” as Want to Read:
Payback Ain't Enough (Payback #3)

Payback Ain't Enough (Payback #3)

The #1 Queen of Street Lit WAHIDA CLARK delivers the latest installment in her best-selling series PAYBACK AINâT ENOUGH

Filled with the same glamour, sex and danger, we dive back into the hip-hop drama where old rivalries and new beefs arise in Detroitâs blood-drenched drug turf. Shan is now married to Briggen, the much desired former hustler turned legitimate businessman.

Published April 24th 2012 by Cash Money Content (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Payback Ain't Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Payback Ain't Enough

Zarinah
Sep 25, 2013 Zarinah rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
this book took me by surprise because it was not what I expected. this was my 1st book by Wahida and it was exciting, dangerous, crazy, wild, street, violent, and a page turner.
In the first few chapters I was a lot lost because it was book 3 and I had not read book 1 or 2. but I was doing an audio book so I just let it play and soon realized it did not matter because this book had enough new drama and everyone was introduced with enough info for me not to be confused.
I was not sure I would be i
Me'Tova Hollingsworth
I enjoyed this page turner just as much as I did the other books in the Payback series. The ending was surprising, and I know Briggen was just as surprised as we were at the end. Shan and his other women really showed him. He seriously thought he was getting over. What a ladies man! LOL! I can't wait for "Thugs". That teaser has me ready to see what is going to happen with Trae and Tasha. I'm a fan of both the Payback and Thug series, and I was very pleased with Wahida's work. I was a little con ...more
India Jones-Tanner
Feb 22, 2013 India Jones-Tanner rated it it was ok
Payback Ain't Enough is the third book in the series. The first two books were page turners, this one, not so much. There was drama unfolding all around, but it seemed so detached from the storyline. (I'm still trying to figure out what was suppose to be happening in this book.)

First, the book had too many characters. (Shan, Briggen, Dark, Mia, Nick, Cisco, Sharia, Janay, and the list goes on and on) It was hard to determined who the main focus of this book was going to focus on.

Next, the plot
Alicia
Apr 20, 2012 Alicia rated it really liked it
My final rating on this is a 3.5 because this one really fell short for me and I hate to say that because I am a huge fan of this author. This installment of the series seemed rushed and was confusing sometimes, however it did have its good points to let you know Ms. Clark did in fact write it but at time you were not really sure. I guess it will be another installment but I'm not sure because there seem to be closure in the ending but alot of unanswered questions.
Victoria
Good and Not so Good...

This book wasn't as good as the last 2, but it was still a good read. Things got a little confusing toward the end, some things that happened, sort of just happened without any explanation or relevance. I wish the ending were more clear, like the very last page tells you what Shan did and who she ended up with, but Wahida never explained how they even got there.

It was good, but a little all over the place, with an uncleAr ending.
Slim
Mar 14, 2016 Slim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
Dang this book had so many surprises like dang I didn't even see it coming. I wonder if ol' boy got shot. But I know I'll find out in part 4. But dang they got Briggen good I was rooting for him and Shan but oh well they said everything green on the other side is not what it seems I think something's gone happened in part 4 can't wait to listen lol.
Charmaine
May 11, 2013 Charmaine rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author. There were a lot of characters I got confused a little but it was a good read. I will read more from this Author
Shan Shan
Apr 30, 2012 Shan Shan rated it it was amazing
Great read. Too many characters to keep up with but Wahida did her thing once again. Can't wait for the next one.
ILoveMyAudibleKindle
Jan 14, 2017 ILoveMyAudibleKindle rated it it was ok
Shelves: listened-to
"one confusing series"

Pros
Got me thru the work day
Dark
Nicole Small

Cons
Rough transitions between scenes
Lacked character development
Story lacked clarity which led to an ending that didn’t make sense
Characters drama and treachery almost became too confusing to keep up with
Series didn’t make sense to me

Characters or character observations that stood out
Shanae- confused, naïve, weak unlikeable, unbelievable character.
Her level of being completely of unaware was hard to believe.
The “bosses” (Janae, Br
Charlene Richardson
May 05, 2012 Charlene Richardson rated it really liked it
Wow I am speechless. This book was not what I was expecting. Shan is pregnant again by Briggen and her perfect world comes tumbling down after Briggen's lies are brought to light. There are many appearances from the other two books in the series and if you are not familiar with them then you may get a little confused. This book was all about the chicks getting their payback. Once Briggen's lies come out Shan transforms into a new person and not for the better because we all know she's not very s ...more
Skailer
Mar 13, 2016 Skailer rated it it was amazing
Wow lol, I didn't see half the stuff that happened in this book coming to my eyes got all big listening to this book on audible on my kindle fire. Am I like dang why-why? I definitely couldn't stop listening to this book shoot I finish this book in three days or was in two lmao I can't remember since I was all into it and got all hot when family kept interrupting me from listening to what happened next. I can't wait until I start on part 4 because I need to know what happened to Dark and that's ...more
Desiree Cooper
Nov 13, 2014 Desiree Cooper rated it liked it
This series was really good....but Im still trying to figure out why Shan set Briggen up at the end? I guess it was because she felt that he lied to her about still being in the drug game? And for her to run away with her babies and Nick?! Didnt see that coming at all.....then there were some lose ends that were never tied , like what happened to the whole HIV thing? Lets not forget that everyone was sleeping with everyone in the first and second books....didnt Nick sleep with Brianna, who slept ...more
Shanae
Jul 31, 2012 Shanae rated it really liked it
Taiyah
May 23, 2012 Taiyah rated it really liked it
This book was awesome I just can't believe shan was acting so pyshco like that and the fact of that lil stunt she pulled in the end it was like a slap in the face on her and briggen part but especially hers! I didn't even think she was that smart but I guess she a bad REDBONE as she like too call her self! I just feel loke her and briggen didnt act as if they were married with one child and one on the way really! Wahida definately did her thing in this book but here she is finna let another man ...more
Mel
Feb 07, 2013 Mel rated it really liked it
I have read quite a few of Wahida Clarks books. I think I may have missed one or two of this series. This was a page turner for me. Even though I wasn't fully familiar with all the characters (or it's been so long since I've read one),it's easy to catch up/on. None of the characters is particularly likeable. But, I don't think that's important or, even what the author wants.When telling a story, especially this type of story that's not always integral. I am hoping there is another with the same ...more
Vi Louise
Nov 22, 2015 Vi Louise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the first Payback novel many years ago. I actually think I enjoyed this one even more. It is truly a "page turner" in my opinion. The narrator does an excellent job performing the various voices (and there are many). The plot is action driven from the first paragraph to the last. Wahida has definitely earned my respect and admiration with this title.

I'm curious enough to continue this series now to see if Shon and Briggin's kids are going to end up furthering their parent's legacy in the
Phylicia
Feb 03, 2015 Phylicia rated it really liked it
I have read 1-3 thus far. I still have a couple questions I hoped are cleared up in the finale/book 4. Who was Sharia having sex with that time and plotting a plan with? Why exactly did Shan want payback on Briggen? I still have other questions. I was literally having a book club discussion with myself trying to make sense of some of the twist and turns. Good read. On to book 4.
Diane Rembert
Jul 14, 2014 Diane Rembert rated it it was amazing
The third installment of the Payback series catches up Briggen, Shan, Nyla, and a host if others. There are some new characters introduced in this book that will keep you engrossed. There is just enough drama to keep you wanting more, but not too much. I loved this book and thankfully purchased Blood, Sweat and Payback in order to see what happens next.
Gwen K
Jul 15, 2012 Gwen K rated it really liked it
I loved this series. It was a page turner from beginning 2 end. There were so many unexpected twists. The only thing I didn't like is, there were just SOOOOO many characters that several times I had 2 go back 2 remember how they were connected 2 the main characters. Overall, another great work from one of my favorite authors.
Odessa
Aug 10, 2014 Odessa rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads.
It was the first book by Wahida Clark I've read, and it was an enjoyable page turner. Many things happened that I was not expecting, and that made me want to keep reading in order to find out what the next surprise would be.
Not really the kind of book I normally choose to read, but I'm very glad I did.
Shelia
Feb 02, 2013 Shelia rated it it was amazing
I've read all of Wahida Clark's books and once again she has a winner on her hands. The book was fast paced and kept you on the edge where you didn't want to put the book down. If there were awards for best endings, the ending to Payback Ain't Enough would win hands down. It's an ending you won't see coming and will have you talking about with others for sometime.
Michelle
Dec 31, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!...REALLY?!...wahida nvr disappoints. I absolutely loved this!!!...and for shan, i liked the way she made her point to briggen. He thiught he was all that eventho i liked him but not! Dark was psychooooo!...and shan left briggen for nick?!...woowee!
Samara
Jul 07, 2013 Samara rated it it was amazing
Shan is a hoe lol ... she shouldn't of ran off with Nick. She shouldn't of had Briggens babies if she didnt plan on sticking around with him. I thought the story was good though jus didnt like how she set her baby's father up.
Angelia
May 19, 2013 Angelia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, kindle-book
This was not as good as the others......this one was kinda all over the place so many things done and no reason was given even after the book was finished.......Questions still went unanswered even though this seems as if it might be the end.....then again maybe not.....
carolyn
Jan 03, 2015 carolyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wowwwww

I didn't see THAT ending coming lol. Loyalty must be dead even among thieves and gangsters lol. Pretty good. I have to read the next book because PAYBACK is definitely DUE for some people.
Sweets
Oct 21, 2012 Sweets rated it it was amazing
I went out of order when i read this series i still haven't read the rest but this book was extremely good love it.
Chrissy
Jun 11, 2013 Chrissy rated it it was amazing
I read this a while back , and I most say I love it & I have to read the first two . Also , the ending really got me
Tiffanie
May 05, 2012 Tiffanie rated it it was amazing
Had a lot of twists and turns very entertaining!! I really enjoyed the story I'm glad Shan wasn't as dumb as I was beginning to believe!
Angela
Jul 12, 2014 Angela rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Wahida Clark has done it again. This book right here is a page turner till the end & leaves you wanting more. Congrats Wahida well done.
Howard
Mar 13, 2016 Howard rated it it was amazing
surprises was all through this book I'm like damn didn't see this coming but good book though I enjoyed listening to this on audible.
CHECK OUT THE BOOK I WAS ARRESTED FOR 1 6 Jun 26, 2013 12:29AM
  • The Letter (The Letter #1)
  • Fifty Shades of Trae (The Letter #4)
  • Guilty Gucci
  • Notorious (Notorious #2)
  • Trife Life 2 Lavish
  • The Dopeman: Memoirs of a Snitch (The Dopeman, #3)
  • Superstar
  • California Connection 3
  • Bad Apple - The Baddest Chick
  • A Woman's Work: Street Chronicles
  • The Available Wife Part 2
  • Eve
  • Lipstick Diaries Part 2: A Provocative Look Into the Female Perspective
Wahida Clark was born and raised in Trenton, New Jersey. She decided to start writing fiction while incarcerated at a women's federal camp in Lexington, KY. Her style is street, raw, and she has an imagination that's in overdrive. When you read her novels they are so real you are convinced of one of three things: that you are inside the book, you know the characters, or you just have to meet them. ...more
More about Wahida Clark...

Payback (4 books)
  • Payback Is a Mutha (Payback #1)
  • Payback with Ya Life (Payback #2)
  • Blood, Sweat & Payback (Payback #4)