Start by marking “Payback Ain't Enough (Payback #3)” as Want to Read:
Payback Ain't Enough (Payback #3)

Payback Ain't Enough (Payback #3)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  751 ratings  ·  52 reviews
The #1 Queen of Street Lit WAHIDA CLARK delivers the latest installment in her best-selling series PAYBACK AIN’T ENOUGH

Filled with the same glamour, sex and danger, we dive back into the hip-hop drama where old rivalries and new beefs arise in Detroit’s blood-drenched drug turf. Shan is now married to Briggen, the much desired former hustler turned legitimate businessman.
Published April 24th 2012 by Cash Money Content (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Payback Ain't Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Payback Ain't Enough

Me'Tova Hollingsworth
I enjoyed this page turner just as much as I did the other books in the Payback series. The ending was surprising, and I know Briggen was just as surprised as we were at the end. Shan and his other women really showed him. He seriously thought he was getting over. What a ladies man! LOL! I can't wait for "Thugs". That teaser has me ready to see what is going to happen with Trae and Tasha. I'm a fan of both the Payback and Thug series, and I was very pleased with Wahida's work. I was a little con ...more
this book took me by surprise because it was not what I expected. this was my 1st book by Wahida and it was exciting, dangerous, crazy, wild, street, violent, and a page turner.
In the first few chapters I was a lot lost because it was book 3 and I had not read book 1 or 2. but I was doing an audio book so I just let it play and soon realized it did not matter because this book had enough new drama and everyone was introduced with enough info for me not to be confused.
I was not sure I would be i
India Jones-Tanner
Payback Ain't Enough is the third book in the series. The first two books were page turners, this one, not so much. There was drama unfolding all around, but it seemed so detached from the storyline. (I'm still trying to figure out what was suppose to be happening in this book.)

First, the book had too many characters. (Shan, Briggen, Dark, Mia, Nick, Cisco, Sharia, Janay, and the list goes on and on) It was hard to determined who the main focus of this book was going to focus on.

Next, the plot
My final rating on this is a 3.5 because this one really fell short for me and I hate to say that because I am a huge fan of this author. This installment of the series seemed rushed and was confusing sometimes, however it did have its good points to let you know Ms. Clark did in fact write it but at time you were not really sure. I guess it will be another installment but I'm not sure because there seem to be closure in the ending but alot of unanswered questions.
This was my first book by this author. There were a lot of characters I got confused a little but it was a good read. I will read more from this Author
Shan Shan
Great read. Too many characters to keep up with but Wahida did her thing once again. Can't wait for the next one.
Charlene Richardson
Wow I am speechless. This book was not what I was expecting. Shan is pregnant again by Briggen and her perfect world comes tumbling down after Briggen's lies are brought to light. There are many appearances from the other two books in the series and if you are not familiar with them then you may get a little confused. This book was all about the chicks getting their payback. Once Briggen's lies come out Shan transforms into a new person and not for the better because we all know she's not very s ...more
Good and Not so Good...

This book wasn't as good as the last 2, but it was still a good read. Things got a little confusing toward the end, some things that happened, sort of just happened without any explanation or relevance. I wish the ending were more clear, like the very last page tells you what Shan did and who she ended up with, but Wahida never explained how they even got there.

It was good, but a little all over the place, with an uncleAr ending.
Dez Cooper
This series was really good....but Im still trying to figure out why Shan set Briggen up at the end? I guess it was because she felt that he lied to her about still being in the drug game? And for her to run away with her babies and Nick?! Didnt see that coming at all.....then there were some lose ends that were never tied , like what happened to the whole HIV thing? Lets not forget that everyone was sleeping with everyone in the first and second books....didnt Nick sleep with Brianna, who slept ...more
Diane Rembert
The third installment of the Payback series catches up Briggen, Shan, Nyla, and a host if others. There are some new characters introduced in this book that will keep you engrossed. There is just enough drama to keep you wanting more, but not too much. I loved this book and thankfully purchased Blood, Sweat and Payback in order to see what happens next.
I have read 1-3 thus far. I still have a couple questions I hoped are cleared up in the finale/book 4. Who was Sharia having sex with that time and plotting a plan with? Why exactly did Shan want payback on Briggen? I still have other questions. I was literally having a book club discussion with myself trying to make sense of some of the twist and turns. Good read. On to book 4.
This book was awesome I just can't believe shan was acting so pyshco like that and the fact of that lil stunt she pulled in the end it was like a slap in the face on her and briggen part but especially hers! I didn't even think she was that smart but I guess she a bad REDBONE as she like too call her self! I just feel loke her and briggen didnt act as if they were married with one child and one on the way really! Wahida definately did her thing in this book but here she is finna let another man ...more
Shatori Watts
I read this book within a few hours. I was unaware that it was a series. Bt this was better then expected. I look forward to reading the first 2. Excellent read Ms. Clark!!!
Great book

cause this is a good book. I love everything about this book. and I would recommend this book to anyone.
I have read quite a few of Wahida Clarks books. I think I may have missed one or two of this series. This was a page turner for me. Even though I wasn't fully familiar with all the characters (or it's been so long since I've read one),it's easy to catch up/on. None of the characters is particularly likeable. But, I don't think that's important or, even what the author wants.When telling a story, especially this type of story that's not always integral. I am hoping there is another with the same ...more
Diane Wallace
another good book
Vi Louise
I read the first Payback novel many years ago. I actually think I enjoyed this one even more. It is truly a "page turner" in my opinion. The narrator does an excellent job performing the various voices (and there are many). The plot is action driven from the first paragraph to the last. Wahida has definitely earned my respect and admiration with this title.

I'm curious enough to continue this series now to see if Shon and Briggin's kids are going to end up furthering their parent's legacy in the
OMG that was the bomb. on to the last one i hope. blood sweat and payback
Great book! Just a little confused with ending.
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads.
It was the first book by Wahida Clark I've read, and it was an enjoyable page turner. Many things happened that I was not expecting, and that made me want to keep reading in order to find out what the next surprise would be.
Not really the kind of book I normally choose to read, but I'm very glad I did.
Gwen K
I loved this series. It was a page turner from beginning 2 end. There were so many unexpected twists. The only thing I didn't like is, there were just SOOOOO many characters that several times I had 2 go back 2 remember how they were connected 2 the main characters. Overall, another great work from one of my favorite authors.
This was not as good as the others......this one was kinda all over the place so many things done and no reason was given even after the book was finished.......Questions still went unanswered even though this seems as if it might be the end.....then again maybe not.....
Wow!!!!...REALLY?!...wahida nvr disappoints. I absolutely loved this!!!...and for shan, i liked the way she made her point to briggen. He thiught he was all that eventho i liked him but not! Dark was psychooooo!...and shan left briggen for nick?!...woowee!
Shan is a hoe lol ... she shouldn't of ran off with Nick. She shouldn't of had Briggens babies if she didnt plan on sticking around with him. I thought the story was good though jus didnt like how she set her baby's father up.

I didn't see THAT ending coming lol. Loyalty must be dead even among thieves and gangsters lol. Pretty good. I have to read the next book because PAYBACK is definitely DUE for some people.
This book was okay,it was a bit confusing at times, i still dnt understand the big deal with nick, i was disappointed in the beginning abt Forever he made the series..its time to rest this series..
Angela Smoots
Wahida Calrk ( Queen Of Street Lit) Has Done It Again. I Love This Book From Beginning To The End Full Of Action And Drama At Its Best.A Must Read If You Haven't read It What R U Waiting On..LOL.
I read both 2 out of 3 ..Payback With Your Life and this one ..have to say I like the story Line with Shawn and Briggen..this one had a little twist at the end...Love Wahida Clark Books....
Makita Wilcox
This book was 5 stars all the way up until the ending. Boy, it was not what I was anticipating. However, the story was so captivating, i could barely put the book down all day.
  • The Letter
  • Fifty Shades of Trae (Wahida Clark Presents) (The Letters)
  • Guilty Gucci
  • The Bitch is Back (Bitch, #3)
  • Cheaper to Keep Her
  • Eviction Notice: A Hood Rat Novel
  • The Dopeman: Memoirs of a Snitch (The Dopeman, #3)
  • Natural Born Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #1)
  • Dirtier Than Ever
  • Shit, Just Got Real! (The Letter/The Response)
  • A Woman's Work: Street Chronicles
Wahida Clark was born and raised in Trenton, New Jersey. She decided to start writing fiction while incarcerated at a women's federal camp in Lexington, KY. Her style is street, raw, and she has an imagination that's in overdrive. When you read her novels they are so real you are convinced of one of three things: that you are inside the book, you know the characters, or you just have to meet them. ...more
More about Wahida Clark...

Payback (4 books)
  • Payback Is a Mutha (Payback #1)
  • Payback with Ya Life (Payback #2)
  • Blood, Sweat & Payback