Start by marking “Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking” as Want to Read:
Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking

Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  1,011 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
: In this fast, fun, COMIC book edition of Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking, you'll learn to quickly get people talking about you. The original is the #1 word of mouth marketing book since 2004, translated into 14 languages. This exciting new graphic novel edition makes these fantastically useful ideas even easier to read, implement, and shar ...more
Published April 16th 2012 by Writers of the Round Table Press (first published November 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Word of Mouth Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Word of Mouth Marketing

Mik Chernomordikov
Думаю, многие наслышаны про word of mouth – когда информация передается «из уст в уста», то есть напрямую между людьми, а не от единого новостного центра. Возникновение и быстрый рост word of mouth marketing в последние годы неудивителен: с одной стороны люди привыкли и уже активно не реагируют на традиционные рекламу, маркетинговые материалы и сообщения, с другой – Интернет позволяет общаться людям максимально быстро и просто.

Одним из самых известных печатных издания на эту тему является Word o
Nicholas
Apr 03, 2009 Nicholas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, marketing
Vikram Kalkura
You don't hear anything new about word of mouth concept because in today's world we all live with the same concept. Everything he says can be related so easily is because we do and expect the same. Lovely examples of Microsoft, eBay, zappos and few others who do extraordinary things to have a great word of mouth. This is a lovely book to listen to and also for someone who wants to promote their business or product through word of mouth marketing. Would really help.
Nguyên ngộ ngộ
Jul 23, 2015 Nguyên ngộ ngộ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 7questions
Lấy clip quảng cáo “chiếc bảng cảm xúc” của Coca-cola để review cuốn MARKETING TRUYỀN MIỆNG này.
Sau khi xem xong clip này, tui thấy hay quá truyền miệng lại cho 2 đứa bạn ngay lập tức và bảo nó coi ngay. Giờ ngồi dựa vào những gì mình đã làm với hành động truyền miệng đó, và dựa vào các nguyên lý truyền miệng đọc từ sách, review cho dễ hiểu.

I. Tại sao tui lại truyền miệng cái clip của coca-cola nhỉ? Nó đâu có trả tiền cho tui.
Thứ nhất, vì sự công nhận xã h
Richard Hunt
May 21, 2009 Richard Hunt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Similar in style and tone to Seth Godin (who provided the preface), the author shares key information in an easy-to-retain delivery. While some points seem perhaps obvious at first, this is the first book I've come across where all these idea "lines" are pulled together; you could certainly benefit from using this approach to bolster your business. Best of all, there are approaches detailed here that can be immediately applied and aren't restricted by budget or size.
Sharilee
Aug 30, 2008 Sharilee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT book for anyone who has a product or service to market, including non-profit organizations. While the book is geared towards businesses, I found myself thinking of ways to use the principles to promote the local PTA and other non-profit organizations I volunteer with. This was one I would love to have every person on my board read.
Greg
Mar 11, 2009 Greg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great primer on embracing word of mouth as a marketing tool for organizations of any kind. Andy does a wonderful job of putting his recommendaitons into simple, easy to explain concepts with straightforward application. A quick read that is full of valuable ideas and information.
Yan
Jan 07, 2012 Yan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book about word of mouth marketing. Very easy to read. I like the on-line marketing point, such as using blogs and other social network services; it's a good call at the time the book was published.
Andy Sternberg
Mar 17, 2008 Andy Sternberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the more concise, useful, and enjoyable books about marketing in the virally networked age. I recommend this book to anyone involved in sales, promotions, advertising, and marketing of any kind. Valuable lessons, lists, and reminders for beginning and advanced word-of-mouth marketers alike.
Kevin Payne
Great concepts - for me a few extra pages that drove the concept home. Word of Mouth Marketing Word of Mouth Marketing Word of Mouth Marketing Word of Mouth Marketing
Hashim Al-Zain
Apr 02, 2011 Hashim Al-Zain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book will allow you to look at the obvious and through creativity and a little imagination grow it into something remarkable! Best of all, most of it is free advertising!!!
Kelly Reid
Feb 14, 2013 Kelly Reid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Questions to ask someone to find out why they're not taking control of their health:

Have you ever made a promise or resolution to get in shape but didn't succeed?

If you didn't succeed, was it because you just didn't know where to start?

Do you find it hard to stick to a diet because you're not sure if it's working or not?

On Being Remarkable

Find a super simple message and help people share it

"adjust your clock" message from Saturn Cars was remarkable - Saturn sent their email list a simple reminde
Tracy
Jan 25, 2017 Tracy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I couldn't agree more with what's talked about in this book. Word of mouth marketing is so powerful and effective but so often overlooked! This book is very easy to read, and it lays out very clearly the whole idea of good word of mouth, from why it is important to how to make it work and to measure it. I'd say its a must read for every startup, sales, and marketing professionals.
Ivaylo Yorgov
Lacks depth and proof for most of the statements; oversimplified. On the positive side, it's well structured and is motivating.
Manny
Relevant topic, quick read.. would have liked to see more examples and case studies of companies using these methods
Yana Kiselyova
Favorites:

Word of Mouth marketing – giving people a reason to talk about your stuff, and making it easier for that conversation to take place.

***

The 4 rules of Word of Mouth marketing:

be interesting (give people a reason to talk about you)
make people happy (when people like you they want to help you)
earn trust and respect (make people proud to tell your story to everyone they know)
make it easy (find a super-simple message and help people to share it)
***

The 3 reason people talk about you:

they lik
Carolyn Appleton
Apr 29, 2015 Carolyn Appleton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carolyn by: NTEN: Nonprofit Technology Network
I was pleased to receive, "Word of Mouth Marketing" during the 2015 Nonprofit Technology Conference, an event hosted by NTEN: Nonprofit Technology Network in Austin, Texas (2015). It was a gift for registering and volunteering. The book shakes-up conventional thinking about marketing; those of us used to designing traditional marketing campaigns will profit especially from its wisdom and cutting-edge advice.

Although focused primarily on for-profit business, the book is insightful for non-profit
Ramya
Nov 22, 2016 Ramya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting book and I loved the examples given. This book is basically about B-C-C. The effortless marketing tricks, practices and examples are like : 1) If you have a Retail Store, have an attractive, beautiful and eye-catching shopping bag/carry bag for the customers to take home the stuff they have bought. 2) If you have a Website, have "Tell a friend/ Share a friend" option in every page. 3) If you have a Restaurant, and when people wait for a table, the waiting time can be engaged by gi ...more
Robert
Mar 06, 2010 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book that makes you focus on how powerful word of mouth marketing is. In many was people think they have to spend money on complex and splashy marketing campaigns, however if they simply focused on developing and nurturing an effective word of mouth campaign they'd probably be a lot better off.

The advent of the Internet has meant that doing word of mouth marketing is simple and highly effective but like anything in business you need a system. This book will help you not only understand th
Ruxandra Balboa-Pöysti
Feb 16, 2014 Ruxandra Balboa-Pöysti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
This is a wonderful book for promoting any organization and promoting it at no cost, as we already do it with word of mouth. In marketing, word of mouth (WOM) is considered a special technique that could be understood as a BtoCtoC model as the basic idea is that "People are already talking about you, and they're doing it right now" and if you have great products/services, they will talk about them for FREE! How to support WOM in own organization is articulated around a 5 T's theory:
- Talkers (W
Dan Grijzenhout
May 08, 2016 Dan Grijzenhout rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I took a few days off from work and my wife and I went to Saltspring Island for a mini vacation - getaway and I happened to be prowling a bookstore of older books with her and came across this one written originally in 2006 and updated in 2012. Just have to say it took up most of my spare time while sitting on our deck looking out at the water, having a coffee when starting the day, etc.

Just loved this book. Forwarded by Seth Godin and the Afterword was written by Guy Kawasaki - which gave t
Earl Gray
(Note: This is the 2012 paperback 2nd edition - I guess that's why there's no picture.) I picked up the paperback version of this at Hudson Booksellers when I landed at BWI. Seth Godin writing the forward and Guy Kawasaki writing the afterword? Good enough for me.

Several things stand out about this book, and the author - excellent, downloadable worksheets that will help you think through your own WOM plan.

He covers the best ways to enter the online conversation and especially how to respond to
Alexander Kittilsen
Part one of this book did not catch my attention, but I sensed that there was an interesting angle to marketing here. Most marketing-books have an internet/online approach to tools and methods. Andy Sernovitz is a little bit different. He fokuses on people, and how marketing is a "people first" activity.

Part two is packed full of great ideas. He lists specific ideas one by one. Listening to them the first time makes me realize that I need to listen to it a second time with a notebook ready. Wor
Chris Eastvedt
Feb 09, 2014 Chris Eastvedt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
This is one of the few marketing books that gives you actual steps to follow, as opposed to merely spouting theory and anecdotes then leaving the reader to figure out how to implement it.

Word of Mouth Marketing is like a lesson plan for anyone who has something to sell. It gives you insight into how people think and what motivates them to share. The focus of the book is how to successfully engage with people and make it easy for them to help you spread your story.

This book tells you how to crea
Katie
Oct 07, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: communication
I think every marketing and PR person, every customer service rep, and every exec should have to read this. Ok, honestly, I thought most of it was pretty obvious, but apparently others don't because NO ONE does it (well, lots do, but not enough). I've been saying for a long time that if one big company decided to have good customer service/support, they'd be a rock star company and I can't figure out why they just don't get it! That said, even if you recognize the concepts as obvious, it's still ...more
Saranya
Its a great book, which actually reveals why word of mouth is important, and why everyone has to follow. Its easy and its free of cost which results in free marketing.It gives plenty of examples like Mario's barber shop, otello's restaurant etc.,Take aways from this book are, When you are good to your customers they talk good about you, once you make a negative comment /mistakes are left on the internet. The Five t's Talkers, Topics,Tools, Taking part and Tracking, Participate in conversation,of ...more
Kent Winward
This book repeats much of what can be found in the "new" marketing world. There were some decent ideas, but the vast majority of the book was common sense notions like "be honest" and "don't be a jerk."

It was interesting as I got friend-ed then immediately spammed on GoodReads while I was reading this book -- in case you were wondering -- that is a crappy way to word of mouth market, "Booksy Cup Freebies and Bargains" and whoever was advertising their book. Run away, don't buy, don't participat
Христо Блажев
Аз и ти, и те говорят – “Маркетинг от уста на уста” и Анди Сърновиц

Какво ще да е това чудо „маркетинг от уста на уста”? Според Анди Сърновиц нещо много просто - „Да дадеш на хората причина да говорят за твоето нещо и да улесняваш провеждането на този разговор”. „Нещо” може да е стока или услуга, която трябва да се популяризира и да стигне до хората, да се вмъкне в разговорите им и най-важното – да улесни или направи живота им по-приятен. За да имат стимул
Leonid Svidersky
Это не книга, а, скорее, клевое практическое пособие для руководителей по тому, как создать и контролировать у себя в организации сарафанный маркетинг.

Не сильно понимаю, зачем в штате держать дипломированных "специалистов" по традиционному маркетингу, если достаточно 1-2 людей, которые в теме того, о чем говорилось в книге.

В книге есть саммари содержания, но прочесть рекомендую полностью, несмотря на то, что очень часто некоторые вещи пережевываются несколько раз в разных местах.
محمّدحسین
کتاب خوبی است، ارزش خواندن و دقت کردن دارد

یک کتاب خوب در زمینه بازاریابی و به طور تخصصی بازاریابی شفاهی یا دهان به دهان
نثر کتاب ساده و روان هست، ترجمه خوبی (با اشکالات جزئی) از کتاب شده

یکی از نکات برجسته کتاب نمونه های عملی و مثال های واقعی زیادی هست از به کار بردن تکنیک های مختلف بازاریابی شفاهی در کسب و کارهای و برنامه های تبلیغاتی مختلف

ایده های خوبی به آدم میده، نکات بسیار خوبی هم برای به کارگیری در کسب و کار داره
FULL Creative Lib...: Word of Mouth Marketing 1 3 Mar 05, 2014 11:21AM
  • Creating Customer Evangelists
  • Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
  • "I Love You More Than My Dog": Five Decisions That Drive Extreme Customer Loyalty in Good Times and Bad
  • Putting the Public Back in Public Relations: How Social Media Is Reinventing the Aging Business of PR
  • Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone Is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone.
  • The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, & Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
  • The Big Red Fez: How to Make Any Web Site Better
  • The Anatomy of Buzz: How to Create Word of Mouth Marketing
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • How to Drive Your Competition Crazy: Creating Disruption for Fun and Profit
  • Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, eBooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
  • Personality Not Included: Why Companies Lose Their Authenticity and How Great Brands Get It Back
  • Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business
  • ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook
  • The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web
  • The Big Moo: Stop Trying to Be Perfect and Start Being Remarkable

“You should try to build word of mouth into every advertising campaign.” 0 likes
“Real word of mouth dips in and out of different spaces. You eat at a good restaurant. You mention it to people at the office. One of them emails your recommendation to his wife. She emails four friends, and they have lunch there. Two mention the restaurant to other friends at a party, and one of them blogs about it. Someone reads the blog and calls a buddy about eating there. They review it online. You get the idea.” 0 likes